Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
6-1/2" Component Speaker System
Our take on the JBL GTO606cby Crutchfield's Todd Cabell
Take your vehicle's audio system to the next level of sonic sophistication with one of JBL's GTO component speaker systems. These high-performance packages offer rock solid bass from a poly woofer coupled with a durable hi-roll rubber surround. The oversized Plus One cone design has more surface area and greater excursion than standard cones, so low-frequency output is full and resonant.
A sensitive Kaladex (synthetic film) tweeter supplies crystalline high notes. This is a full edge-driven dome tweeter, similar to the tweeters found in upper-end home speakers. You'll benefit with increased power handling and reduced distortion at high output levels.
JBL's I-Mount system simplifies tweeter installation, with angle-, surface-, or flush-mount options. A computer-optimized 2-way crossover network divides the frequencies between the woofer and tweeter for maximum efficiency and accuracy.
The GTO606c component system has 6-1/2" woofers.
- Plus One polypropylene woofer cone (up to 30% larger than standard cones)
- high-roll rubber surround (resists deterioration from heat and moisture)
- 1" Kaladex (polyethylene naphthalate film) edge-driven dome tweeter
- 2-way crossover (high-/low-pass at 4,000 Hz, 12 dB per octave)
- frequency response 55-21,000 Hz
- recommended power range 2-70 watts RMS
- peak power handling 210 watts
- sensitivity 90 dB
- top-mount depth 1-7/8"
- 1-year warranty
What's in the Box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Grille frames
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Tweeters (each with attached 6" speaker leads)
- 2 Flush-mount cups
- 2 Threaded flush-mount adapters
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Surface-mount cups
- 2 Metal brackets (not required for installation)
- 2 Plastic GM/Chrysler adapter brackets
- 2 Metal 4-hole 6-1/2" adapter rings
- 2 Metal multi-hole 6-3/4" adapter rings
- 8 "U" mounting clips
- 8 Reinforcement plates
- 8 Machine screws (1/8" length)
- 8 Speed clips
- 4 Countersink machine screws (1/2" length)
- 4 "U" speed clips
- 4 Self-tapping screws (5/8" length/small head)
- 4 Self-tapping screws (5/8" length/large head)
- 8 Self-tapping screws (15/16" length/small head)
- 8 Self-tapping screws (1" length/large head)
- 4 Countersink self-tapping screws (3/8" length)
- 4 Washers
- 2 Nuts
- Two 0.11" female quick-slides
- Two 0.187" female quick-slides
- Two 10' lengths of speaker wire (each length of wire has tinned bare wire on both ends)
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty sheet
Features and Specs
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||90|
|Frequency Response||55 - 21k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||2|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||70|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||210|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||1 7/8|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5|
Plus One Woofer Cones: These speakers use polypropylene cones with more surface than other speakers of the same size. The result is greater efficiency and bass output.
Hi-Roll Rubber Surrounds: The Hi-Roll rubber surrounds are used to provide excellent cone-edge suspension and damping. They also allow the woofers a greater range of movement, resulting in longer X-max and more bass output. The rubber material will not break down due to UV contamination or moisture.
Intermount III: JBL's Intermount III mounting system allows the woofers to fit in a variety of applications. Two metal adapter rings and a plastic adapter ring are included with each speaker.
Tweeter Material: Each speaker uses a 1" Kaladex dome tweeter for crisp, clear highs. Kaladex is a polymer film that is rugged and resistant to environmental extremes. These edge-driven tweeters give you improved power handling, reduced distortion and increase efficiency, plus allows for better integration with the woofer.
I-Mount Tweeter Mounting System: The tweeters can be surface- or flush-mounted with JBL's innovative I-Mount system:
- Surface Mount: The tweeter will not swivel in surface-mount cup.
- Flush Mount: Flush mounting is made easy through the use of the threaded flush-mount adapter and plastic locking nut. When flush-mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum response and imaging.
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|Surface Mount||Flush Mount|
(depth using 1/2" screws)|
.564" (depth using 5/8" screws)
2-Way Passive Crossovers: Each crossover features a computer-optimized 12dB/octave, 4.0kHz high-pass network for the tweeter and a 12dB/octave, 4.0kHz low-pass network for the woofer. Each crossover has gold-plated screw terminal inputs and outputs. The opening width of each terminal is 0.32". The dimensions of the crossover are: L=4.271", W=3.348", H=1.295"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.