Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
60W x 2 Car Amplifier
Item # 109GTS180X | MFR # GTS180X
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the JBL GTS180X by Crutchfield's Robert Ferency-Viars
Check out this irresistible price on a high-quality JBL amp! The Grand Touring Series GTS180x delivers sound that is unusually clean and clear, thanks to its fully-discrete power amp design. JBL's Universal Interface permits easy connection to factory radios with the ultra-low distortion level you'd expect from a preamp input connection.
The amp's speaker-level inputs use Common Sense turn-on circuitry so that you don't need to connect a remote lead. The amp is smart enough to know when there is signal present, and turn itself on! The built-in high-pass/low-pass crossover and selectable bass boost give you extra control over your music, while preamp outputs simplify system expansion.Details:
- 60 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- 90 watts x 2 at 2 ohms
- 180 watts x 1 in bridged mode
- stereo or bridged mono output
- Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)
- selectable high-pass/low-pass crossovers at 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave (can be assigned to speaker and/or preamp outputs)
- 4 dB bass boost at 40 Hz
- requires 10-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- preamp outputs
- speaker-level inputs
- dimensions: 11-1/8"W x 2"H x 9-1/4"D
- 1-year warranty
What's in the Box:
- 2-channel amplifier
- 12" Speaker-level input harness
- One 2mm Allen wrench
- One 1.5mm Allen wrench
- One 30-amp blade fuse (installed)
- 1 Extra 30-amp blade fuse
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- 4 Lock washers
- 4 Plastic spacers
- Owner's Manual
- Customer survey card
- Warranty card
- Silica gel packet
Internal Crossovers: The amplifier has two built-in crossovers, one for the speaker outputs and one for the preamp outputs. Each crossover can be set for high-pass or low-pass operation, or it may be turned off for full-range output. Each crossover is fixed at 80Hz and has a slope of 18dB/octave.
Preamp Outputs: There is one set of gold-plated preamp outputs for adding another amp. The preamp outputs can be set for high-pass, low-pass, or full-range operation.
Bass Boost: The amp has a 4dB bass boost centered at 40Hz that can be turned on or off.
Left Side of the Amplifier:
- Bass Boost: allows you to turn the bass boost on or off
- Input Mode: allows you to select Stereo, "R", or "L+R" mode. Set to Stereo for normal operation using both left and right inputs. Set to "R" to drive both the left and right output channels with only a single input on the right channel. Set to "L+R" to sum the left and right inputs for a mono output on both amplifier channels.
- Speaker Output Crossover: lets you select high-pass, low-pass, or full-range operation for the speaker outputs
- Preamp Output Crossover: lets you select high-pass, low-pass, or full-range operation for the preamp outputs
- Gain Control: allows you to match the input sensitivity of the amplifier to the particular source unit you are using
Right Side of the Amplifier:
- Line Input: gold-plated RCA stereo jacks
- Output: gold-plated RCA stereo jacks
- Speaker-level Input: 4-pin male jack for use with supplied speaker-level input harness
- Speaker Outputs: gold-plated set screw terminals
- BATT (power): gold-plated set screw terminal
- GND (ground): gold-plated set screw terminal
- REM In/Out (remote turn-on): gold-plated set screw terminal
- Mute: gold-plated set screw terminal
- Fuse: 30-amp blade fuse
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.