Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
JBL MS-BASSPRO SQ
10" powered subwoofer
Item # 109MSBPSQ | MFR # MS-BASSPRO SQ
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the JBL MS-BASSPRO SQ
JBL shrinks the sub, not the sound
JBL put their considerable know-how into creating an enclosure, sub, and amp that mesh together perfectly in the MS-BASSPRO SQ10" powered sub. Their engineers designed the square sub specifically for this enclosure — the extra surface area in the square cone produces heart-thumping bass beyond your typical round 10" sub. You'll save time on installation too — just run power and signal cables (not included) to the enclosure and you're ready to rock. And rock, you will.
Hard-driving bass with less noise
The built-in Class-D amp powers your bass with 300 watts RMS for plenty of punch. JBL uses their Slipstream™ port design, originally developed for their home speakers and studio monitors, to get maximum performance out of the amp and the 10" sub without losing accuracy. Even with the volume cranked, you won't hear the "huffing" sounds that are common with less sophisticated port designs.
Get your control freak on
And you'll get plenty of control over your bass too. You can adjust the phase to match the sub's output with the rest of your speakers, try different crossover points to see what works best in your vehicle, or bring in the bass boost so the low notes slam just as hard as you want 'em to. With JBL's wireless remote (not included), you're even more in the driver's seat — adjust at will behind the wheel. There's a reason the pro's pick JBL speakers for concerts and recording studios; here's your chance to hear that same sound quality wherever the road takes you.
Serious BASS Fills my RV very nicely!
What's in the Box:
- Amplified enclosure loaded with one square 10" JBL subwoofer
- 30 amp ATO fuse
- 2 Bare wire to RCA adapters
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ French/ German/ 12 Other languages)
- powered 10" subwoofer enclosure
- built-in amp (300 watts RMS/450 peak)
- enclosure with Slipstream™ port
- crossover frequency: 5-120 Hz
- frequency response: 20-150 Hz
- subwoofer phase switch (0, 180 degrees)
- adjustable bass boost
- 22-1/2"W x 11-1/3"D x 12-1/3"H
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
JBL MS-BASSPRO SQ Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Connector Type||RCA/Screw term.|
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Woofer Material||Not given|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||300 watts|
|Maximum Wattage||450 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||---|
Amplifier: The power output from the built-in amplifier is 300 watts RMS, 450 watts max.
Note: Neither speaker wire, RCA interconnects, nor amplifier wiring kit (power/ground/turn-on wires) are included.
Signal Input: The amplifier will accept either a speaker level or line level signal. The inputs are RCA jacks; if connecting a speaker level signal, use the included bare wire to RCA adapters. The input sensitivity range is 40mV-20V.
Crossover: The amplifier's low pass crossover point is continuously variable from 50 to 120 Hz; the crossover slope is 12 dB/octave.
Bass Boost: The bass boost circuit provides a variable (0-12 dB) signal boost centered at 40 Hz.
Audio Sense: The signal-sensing turn-on circuit automatically turns the MS-BassPro SQ on whenever the head unit sends an audio signal, useful in many installations using a factory head unit that may not have a dedicated remote turn-on wire. This feature is easily switched off for aftermarket head units that do have a dedicated remote turn-on wire.
Slipstream: The proprietary Slipstream port's dual flares eliminate vent noises, even at high sound pressure levels.
Wireless Bass Control: An optional MS-WBC wireless bass control (item number 109MSWBC, sold separately) is available to remotely adjust the bass output. The MS-WBC communicates via RF signal and requires no physical connection to the amp; it's also battery powered, but has an optional power wire if you prefer not to replace the battery periodically.
- Bass Boost: rotary knob; continuously variable from 0 to +12 dB
- Crossover Frequency: rotary knob; set the low pass crossover point; continuously variable from 50 Hz to 120 Hz
- Input Level (gain): rotary knob; continuously variable
- Input Level Switch: three position switch, Low, Hi, Hi2 (Hi2 is used to present a speaker load to factory radios equipped with a circuit that turns the radio off when an amp is connected)
- Phase: two position switch; 0° or 180°; the sub's phase can be easily inverted
- Audio Sense Switch: two position switch; on/off; when on the amplifier will turn on automatically when it senses an input signal
- Power Input: screw terminals for power, ground, and remote turn-on; each will accept spade terminals up to 0.375" wide
- Fuse: a single 30 amp ATO style fuse protects the amplifier
- Input: stereo female RCA jacks; used for line level or speaker level inputs (adapter included for speaker level inputs)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
Sorry was looking at another system. I do not own this. [ DENISE Apr 05, 2014 ]