Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
90W x 2 Car Amp
Item # 109P1802 | MFR # P1802
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the JBL P180.2 by Crutchfield's Robert Ferency-Viars
JBL's Power Series amps give you more boom for the buck, and the P180.2 is no exception. The awesome-looking, die-cast chassis serves as a highly-effective heatsink to keep the amp running cool, even in high-stress situations.
A variable high-pass/low-pass crossover allows the P180.2 to serve in a variety of applications, from powering full-range speakers or components to driving a subwoofer. Heavy-duty terminals will accept up to 4-gauge power and ground wire, and up to 8-gauge speaker wire. If you use the speaker-level inputs, the amp will turn on when it detects an incoming signal.
- 90 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- 180 watts x 2 at 2 ohms
- 360 watts x 1 in bridged mode
- stereo or bridged mono output
- Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)
- low-pass/high-pass crossover variable from 32-320 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- accepts up to 4-gauge power and ground cable, up to 8-gauge speaker wire
- requires 8-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- MOSFET power supply
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- "Common-Sense" feature turns amplifier on when it detects signal through the speaker-level inputs
- 14-1/8"W x 2-13/16"H x 9-1/16"D
- 1-year warranty
"Common-Sense" Amplifier Turn-on Feature: When using the speaker-level inputs, the amplifier will automatically turn on when it detects an input signal. This allows you to turn the amplifier on and off without connecting a wire to the remote turn-on terminal of the amplifier.
Built-in 12dB/octave Electronic Crossover: This amplifier is equipped with a crossover that may be set for low-pass, high-pass, or full-range operation. When set for low-pass or high-pass operation, the crossover frequency is continuously variable from 32-320Hz.
Illumination: When the amplifier is on, orange illumination shows through four rectangular holes in the amplifier top. The rectangular holes are along the four sides of the JBL logo plate on the amplifier's top. There are also red and green status LEDs on the top of the unit.
Speaker-Level Input Connections: The speaker-level inputs are 0.250" male quick-slides. 0.250" female quick-slides (not included) will be needed to use the speaker level input feature.
Bridging the Amplifier: When bridging the amplifier, the L(-) and R(+) terminals are used.
Left Side of Amplifier:
- Speaker-level Inputs: four 0.250" male quick-slides
- Preamp-level Inputs: four gold-plated RCA inputs
- Input Level Control: inset rotary control (small flat-blade screwdriver required for adjustment), 250mV-4V
- Input Mode Switch: set to stereo or mono
- Crossover Frequency Control: inset rotary control (small flat-blade screwdriver required for adjustment), 32-320Hz
- Crossover Switch: set to "FLAT" (full-range), "HP" (high-pass) or "LP" (low-pass)
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Left and Right Speaker Outputs: gold-plated set screw terminals; terminals accept up to 8 gauge bare wire
- Remote Turn-on Input: gold-plated set screw terminal; terminal will accept up to 8 gauge bare wire
- Battery Input: gold-plated set screw terminal; terminal will accept up to 4 gauge bare wire
- Ground Input: gold-plated set screw terminal; terminal will accept up to 4 gauge bare wire
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.