Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
JBL Studio 520C
Center channel speaker (Cherry)
Item # 109ST520CC | MFR # STUDIO 520CCH
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the JBL Studio 520C by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Studio-quality sound for your home theater
JBL's Studio 520C delivers robust, lifelike center channel sound that matches your JBL Studio home theater speaker system perfectly. Using technology developed by JBL engineers for pro-audio applications, it lends sonic realism and presence to the action on screen, letting you hear every word, every detail of your favorite movies.
High-frequency horn for precise sound
All JBL Studio speakers feature a 1" high-frequency compression driver to achieve lower distortion and wider dynamic range than conventional speaker designs. This tweeter design uses a durable one-piece diaphragm and surround assembly fitted with a 1" voice coil to reproduce sparkling clear highs. Because high-frequency sounds are more directional than bass frequencies, it's especially important to target them toward your ears. JBL places their tweeter inside a flared opening, known as a "horn," which directs sound to the listener with pinpoint accuracy, and helps eliminate reverberations, sound reflections off walls, and other artifacts. JBL's advanced glass-filled ABS bi-radial horn design delivers your movie soundtracks and music with professional-level realism.
Ribbed PolyPlas woofers for satisfying bass
The Studio 520C uses two JBL 4" PolyPlas woofers to deliver accurate low-frequency sound. The woofer's ribbed cone design helps improve strength and resist flexing while reducing distortion. JBL wraps all of this driver technology up in a rigid, heavily braced enclosure with non-parallel surfaces to eliminate sound interference and prevent unwanted resonance. The result is tight, articulate bass and crisp, focused dialogue.
Got wire?Most speakers don't include any. Learn about choosing and installing speaker wire at the Crutchfield Learning Center.
Shop our selection of speaker wire.
JBL what can I say.
Mark, Athens, Al'
What's in the Box:
- Center-channel speaker
- 2 Removable cloth grilles (installed)
- 2 Horn covers
- Grille-removal tool
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty sheet
- frequency response: 60-40,000 Hz (-6dB)
- recommended amplifier power: up to 150 watts
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- 1" compression driver with neodymium magnet and one-piece Teonex® diaphragm on a glass-filled ABS Bi-Radial® horn
- dual 4" PolyPlas cast aluminum frame woofers with symmetrical field geometry (SFG) magnet structures and rubber surrounds
- bass-reflex (ported) design
- dual gold-plated speaker binding posts (bi-wire-capable)
- video shielded
- 21-7/8"W x 6-3/4"H x 6-5/8"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
JBL Studio 520C Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||4|
|Frequency Response||60-40,0 Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
JBL Studio Series: The JBL Studio 520C center-channel speaker shares critical design characteristics with the JBL's Professional loudspeakers you find and hear in movie theaters and concert venues. The JBL Studio Series loudspeaker offers dynamic realism & dimensional accuracy that closely duplicates the experience of a movie theater or musical live performance.
Two-Way Center Channel Speaker: The JBL Studio 520C center-channel loudspeaker features a pair of 4" low-frequency woofers and a high-frequency compression driver surrounded by a glass-filled Bi-Radial horn; a combination that delivers crisp, focused, dimensionally accurate sound.
High Frequency Compression Driver/Horn System: The JBL Studio 520C center-channel loudspeaker features a 1" compression driver with a neodyminium magnet and one-piece Teonex diaphragm on a glass-filled ABS Bi-Radial horn.
- 1" High-Frequency Compressions Driver: The Studio 520C center-channel loudspeaker's high-frequency compression driver lowers distortion and provides a wider dynamic range than is possible from conventional high-frequency and midrange drivers. The tweeter includes a one-piece Teonex diaphragm/surround assembly fitted with a 1" voice coil that can deliver enhanced vocal articulation.
- Glass-Filled ABS B-Radial High-Frequency Horn: Horn-shaped loudspeaker designs optimize high-frequency output by directing the sound to the listener with pinpoint accuracy, thereby eliminating reverberations, reflections off walls, and other artifacts. The Studio 520C center-channel loudspeaker features a glass-filled ABS Bi-Radial high-frequency horn that delivers professional-level sound to your home.
Dual Low Frequency Woofers: The JBL Studio 520C center-channel loudspeaker features PolyPlas cones with Symmetrical Field Geometry (SFG) magnet structures, cast-aluminum frames, and rubber surrounds.
- 4" Ribbed PolyPlas Woofer Cones: The Studio 520C center-channel loudspeaker delivers accurate low-frequency sounds from a pair of 4" ribbed PolyPlas woofers. The ribs improve strength while reducing distortion. The result is rich, articulate bass.
- Symmetrical Field Geometry (SFG) Magnet Assembly: Thanks to a heavy-duty Symmetrical Field Geometry (SFG) magnet assembly, the Studio 520C center-channel loudspeaker's dual low-frequency woofers deliver highly focused bass. The result is pristine, articulate sound.
- Non-Resonant Cast-Aluminum Frame: Each 4" woofer features a non-resonant cat-aluminum frame for clean, powerful bass response.
Low-Loss, Two-Way Crossover Network: The Studio 520C center-channel loudspeaker's low-loss, two-way crossover network ensures a clean transition for sound coming from individual low-frequency and high-frequency drivers, thereby reducing distortion while improving clarity.
Voice Matching: Engineered and voice matched to other speakers in the JBL Studio 5 Series, the Studio 520c center-channel speaker is powerful, accurate, and styled to make a dramatic design statement in any listening environment.
Sturdy 3/4" MDF Enclosure: The JBL Studio 520C center-channel loudspeaker utilizes a rigid, heavily-braced enclosure with non-parallel surfaces to reduce unwanted resonance.
Bass Reflex Design: The Studio 520C center-channel loudspeaker employs a bass reflex (ported) design cabinet with a rear-facing bass port that increases output and extends bass response.
Detachable Grille: The center-channel loudspeaker can be used with or without its detachable cloth grilles. Two plastic cosmetic covers are provided when not using the cloth grille.
Note: A special tool is provided to remove the cloth grille.
Colors: The 520C center-channel speaker is available in a black or cherry wood-grain vinyl finish (both contain black grilles).
Dual Gold-Plated Binding Posts: The JBL Studio 520C center-channel loudspeaker will work with various power amplifiers and home receivers, with single single-wire or bi-wire operation. The Studio 520C center-channel loudspeaker is fitted two sets of gold-plated 5-way binding posts connected by gold-plated jumpers. Using the dual 5-way binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speaker. The gold-plated 5-way binding posts will accept bare wire, pin connectors, spade connectors, or banana plugs (single/dual).
Note: Make sure to remove the gold-plated jumpers when bi-wiring/bi-amping the speaker.
Color-Coded: The dual 5-way binding posts terminals are color-coded (red/black) for easy identification between positive and negative.
Placement: You should place the 520C center speaker directly above or below the center of your TV screen. The center of the speaker's horn should be no more than 2' above or below the center of your front left and front right speakers' high-frequency drivers. If your TV set is deep enough, you can set the center speaker on top of the TV, with the speaker's front edge even with the TV's front edge.
Rubber Feet: The JBL Studio 520C center-channel loudspeaker comes with four self-adhesive rubber feet for safe placement on a table-top, stand, or shelf. The rubber feet add 0.25" to the height of the center speaker.
Magnetically Shielded: The speaker is magnetically shielded, allowing you to place it near any television without distorting the picture.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.