Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
7" LCD touchscreen monitor
Item #: 110MZ7TFT
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Jensen MZ7TFT by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Your back seat passengers will not only enjoy viewing the Jensen MZ7TFT monitor, but they can also control their entertainment choices from its 7" touchscreen. The MZ7TFT connects to a compatible Jensen receiver, and controls the rear zone in your multizone setup. Its bright screen shows crisp pictures over a wide viewing area so everyone in the back can see the show.
The MZ7TFT attaches neatly to your headrest with the included mounting bracket. If you really want to spoil your passengers, you can use the expansion module to add up to two more monitors, for a total of three rear screens run off the same receiver. The MZ7TFT works with your receiver's remote control, and it's compatible with Jensen's VM9018, VM9022, VM9412, VM9512, and VM9512HD DVD receivers.
What's in the Box:
- 7" Touch-Screen multi-zone monitor
- Expansion module
- 15' Audio/Video/Power connector harness
- Mounting bracket
- 4 Mounting screws
- Velcro strip
- Installation/Operation Manual
- "STOP" note
- 7" LCD touchscreen monitor
- headrest mounting bracket
- combined input/control/power cable
- expansion module
- one set of audio/video inputs
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Overview: The MZ7TFT 7" Touch-Screen Multi-Zone Monitor allows you to add a touch-screen monitor to your MZ-TFT compatible Jensen multimedia headunit in the rear of your vehicle. The MZ7TFT touch-screen monitor is only compatible with a Jensen receiver which features a MZ-TFT output connector.
Compatibility: The MZ7TFT 7" touch-screen monitor is compatible with the following Jensen multimedia headunits featuring a MZ-TFT output connector - VM9018, VM9022, VM9412, VM9512, and VM9512HD.
7" Touch-Screen Monitor: The MZ7TFT features a 7" color, TFT, LCD, touch-screen monitor with a resolution of 234 x 1440 pixels. The MZ7TFT connects to your compatible Jensen receiver, and controls the rear zone in your multi-zone setup. The touch-screen monitor offers the following settings.
- Video Image: You can set the video image to Normal or Mirror.
- Display Mode: You can set the unit's display mode to either Normal or Full.
- Picture Adjustment: You can adjust the monitor's brightness, color, contrast or tint from -15 to 15.
- Auto Dimming: You can set the unit to automatically dim during nighttime viewing from 0 to -30.
- Auto Backlight: The unit's LCD backlight will turn off after 10 seconds without signal input.
Headrest Mounting Bracket: The MZ7TFT 7" touch-screen monitor comes supplied with a headrest mounting bracket which allows you to mount the touch-screen monitor to your vehicle's headrest.
2 Channel IR Transmitter: The MZ7TFT features a built-in two-channel IR transmitter for listening to optional wireless IR headphones.
Remote Compatible: The in addition the MZ7TFT's touch-screen controls, the monitor will also operate from your compatible Jensen multimedia headunit's IR wireless remote control.
Connections: The MZTFT touch-screen monitor features a 9" cable terminated by a proprietary connector which plugs into the supplied 15' audio/video/power connector cable. The connector cable features the following connections.
- Power Wire: The red wire connects to the factory accessory or ignition wire, which receives power when the vehicle's key is turned on.
- Ground Wire: The black wire connects to the factory ground wire on your headunit or to a clean, unpainted metal part of your vehicle's chassis.
- Audio/Video RCAs: The composite video and stereo RCA inputs connect the audio/video outputs of your compatible Jensen multimedia headunit. This connection provide video to the monitor and audio to a set of optional IR wireless headphones.
- TS Module: The TS Module RCA connector plugs into the MZ-TFT connector on the back of your compatible Jensen receiver. This connection allows the touch-screen monitor to operate your Jensen headunit.
A/V Input Jack: The MZTFT also features a front-panel 3.5mm audio/video input for connecting an external audio/video source directly to the monitor.
Expansion Module: The MZ7TFT 7" touch-screen monitor comes with an expansion module which allows you to connect three MZ7TFT monitors (two additional) to your compatible Jensen multimedia headunit.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.