Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Our take on the Jensen VM9725BT by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Navigation and multimedia in your dash
Think of Jensen's VM9725BT navigation receiver as your car's command center. Its big 6.2" touchscreen puts you in control of your music, in control of video content, and, thanks to built-in navigation, in control of where you're going.
You'll find plenty of cool navigation features. The lane guidance feature clues you in on the correct lane to choose at busy intersections and interchanges. And you'll roam with confidence throughout all 50 states, Canada, and Puerto Rico, with plenty of points of interest to keep you appraised of food, lodging, gas, and public services. Maps are crisp, clean, and easy to read on the bright screen, while text-to-speech voice guidance announces the name of your next turn in your choice of three languages.
Touchscreen utility and great looks, too
Half the fun of a touchscreen is discovering all the menus and different options you have available. The VM9725BT spices up this picture even more by giving you a selection of knob and button colors, plus a variety of different wallpapers for the screen. You can even upload your own picture for a personalized look.
Your on-the-go video HQ
Front and rear A/V inputs provide convenient connection possibilities for your portable audio player, a camcorder, or other video sources. With Jensen's optional jLinkUSB cable, you can even watch video from your iPod. You can watch a DVD when you're parked, or send movies to a rear video screen to keep your passengers entertained when you're on the road. You'll also find an input for a rear-view camera (not included), a big help when you're maneuvering your vehicle in tight spaces.
When you're in the mood for music, you've got plenty of options. This Jensen will play just about any kind of disc, while front and rear USB inputs support your thumb drive, iPod®, or iPhone®. And you can enjoy browsing your Pandora® stations from the touchscreen when your iPhone is connected, too. Use the 3-band equalizer to dial in the sound you prefer, or keep it simple by selecting one of the eight preset EQ curves.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Jensen stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the receiver, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab for compatible adapters.
Note: Bluetooth compatibility of this device may vary, depending on your phone and service provider.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver.
What's in the Box:
- Navigation receiver with integrated 6.2" touchscreen monitor (15A fuse inserted in chassis)
- 2 Trim rings
- Power/ground harness
- Speaker harness
- AV/Preamp harness
- Parking brake/reverse/SWC harness
- Rear video out harness
- 8.25' Parking brake light detection wire (pink)
- GPS antenna with magnetic base and attached 16.5' cable
- Remote control
- CR2025 3V lithium battery
- Microphone (with attached 7.75' cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector)
- Visor clip (installed on mic)
- Self-adhesive mount
- Rear support stud
- Rear support bolt
- Rubber bushing
- Self-tapping screw
- Hex-head screw
- 6 Flat-head iso-mount machine screws
- 6 Pan-head iso-mount machine screws
- Metal backstrap
- Operating Instructions
- Installation Guide
- "STOP" sheet
- Limited Warranty information
- Jensen sticker
- in-dash DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- internal amp (13 watts RMS CEA-2006/40 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in navigation system with maps of 50 states, Canada, and Puerto Rico
- 6.2" touchscreen display with selectable color themes and background wallpapers
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Pandora control with iPhone
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- plays audio/video content from CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Details tab for full capabilities)
- 3-band EQ with 8 preset tone curves
- iPod/iPhone direct control via USB input — Jensen jLinkUSB cable required for viewing video content
- works with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: front and rear A/V inputs, front and rear USB inputs, rear-view camera input
- outputs: 5-channel preamp outputs (rear, rear, mono sub), video output
Jensen VM9725BT Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|AUX Input||3.5mm AV (f)|
|Audio/video Input||3.5mm (front)|
|Android Control||USB MSC protocol + Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, SD memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power Output||13 watts|
|Peak Output||40 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
6.2" Touchscreen Display: The Jensen VM9725BT features a fixed 6.2" widescreen touchscreen LCD monitor. The screen has a resolution of 800 RGB x 234 with 1,152,000 total pixels. This unit has touchscreen controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy.
Start Up Time: The Jensen VM9725BT has a start up time of approximately 11.7 seconds from Off to an audio/video source screen; and another 23.6 seconds to the map screen for a total start up time of approximately 35.3 seconds from Off to the navigation map screen.
Parking Brake Detection: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in monitor as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video, the supplied pink wire must be hardwired into the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged. The pink parking brake wire is used to connect to your parking brake light wire (video on the LCD monitor can only be displayed when this unit's pink PRK SW wire senses that the parking brake has been engaged in the vehicle).
2-DIN Chassis: The Jensen VM9725BT has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as Double DIN or size DD), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets, or Euro-mounted using the supplied mounting sleeve. As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
Aspect Ratio: You can choose from the following aspect ratio modes for the unit's integrated monitor:
- Full: The entire screen is extended horizontally to the aspect ratio of 16:9.
- Normal: The conventional display image has a 4:3 aspect ratio of horizontal to vertical, leaving a blank area on the right and left sides of the display.
Selectable Backgrounds: You can select from five background wallpapers (Star, Starry Sky, Black, Fireworks, or Wave).
Picture Adjustments: You can adjust the picture's brightness & contrasts manually between -10 and +10.
Hard-Key Controls w/ Adjustable Illumination: In addition to the unit's LCD touchscreen controls, the VM9725BT also features hard-key controls on the left edge of the screen (including a 3-way rotary audio control). You can adjust the front-panel's button illumination between 5 Preset colors (Aqua, Red, Blue, Amber, or Green) or a Custom color (RGB colors).
Dimmer: You can adjust the picture's brightness manually (Night/Dark/Normal/Bright), or set the display to automatically dim when ambient light is low (Auto). The LCD monitor can be set to blank after 10 or 20 seconds of inactivity. Simply touch the screen to view the display.
12/24 Hour Clock: You can set the unit to display a 12 or 24 hour clock.
Navigation Mapping Software: The integrated map database (by TeleAtlas) used by the Jensen VM9725BT was created using high-resolution aerial and land based data collection. Navigation data is stored on the unit's preloaded 4GB microSD-card for quick access and response. The VM925BT provides map coverage of the United States (all 50 states), Canada, and Puerto Rico. The Jensen VM9725BT's integrated iGo Primo navigation software provides turn-by-turn visual and voice assistance to direct you to your selected destination. The built-in software quickly calculates step-by-step directions to any destination available on the included navigation map.
Note: Car navigation maps are frequently updated. While this database was judged to be as accurate as possible at the time of its release, a map database can never be 100% accurate. Road information that is maintained in the map databases, such as turn restrictions or road names may change over time.
Map Updates: It is easy to keep the navigation system up to date. Simply purchased & download new map data from the naviextras.com online portal, store the updated map data on a microSD card, and insert it into the Jensen VM9725BT via the front-panel microSD card slot. You have 90 days from purchase to download the latest available map free of charge.
GPS (Global Position System): Jensen's built-in navigation helps you find your way to your destination with an integrated GPS receiver & external GPS antenna. The Jensen VM9725BT features a built-in SiRFprima GPS receiver and includes an external magnetic GPS antenna. The VM9725BT uses Global Position System (GPS) satellites, and a digital roadway map database to calculate and display vehicle positioning and travel direction. The VM9725BT considers vehicle speed an heading changes, together with longitude and latitude information, to accurately determine vehicle heading and position on a digital map. Signal from GPS satellites are used to determine the vehicle location. Three (good) or four (best) satellites must be receive to accurately determine location. This unit does not transmit your GPS position, so others cannot track you.
On-Screen Map: The unit's on-screen map shows your vehicle's current position (a blue arrow by default), the recommended route (an orange line), the surrounding map area, and your destination as a checkered flag. The on-screen map shows streets, roads, and highways in a way that is similar to how a paper road map show them. A road's width and colors corresponds to their importance, so you can easily tell a freeway from a small street. When navigating a route, the top section of the map screen shows information about your next route maneuver and the next street or the next city/town. When approaching a turn, the map screen will zoom in and raise the view angle to let you easily recognize your maneuver at the next junction. If the next turn is at a distance, it will zoom out and lower the view angle to be flat so you can see the road in front of you. The map also displays data; such as the posted speed limit, your current speed, current time, distance to your destination, time left before you reach your destination, and your arrival time.
- 2D/3D Map Mode: The Jensen VM9725BT allows you to view its on-screen map in a 2D (two-dimensional) or 3D (three-dimensional) view. Similar to paper road maps, the 2D mode, shows you streets, roads, and elevation by color. In 3D mode, you can see the altitude and elevations differences. You can distinguish between valleys, mountains, and elevated roads. In selected cities 3D landmarks and 3D buildings are also displayed.
- Color Mode: The navigation map screen uses different color themes (Day/Night) during the day and during the night for both the map and the menu screen. Daytime colors are similar to paper road maps, and the menus are bright. The nigh color themes use dark colors for large objects to keep the average brightness of the screen low. You can also set the navigation unit to switch between daytime and night color modes automatically based on the current time and GPS position.
Lane Information & Signposts: The Jensen VM9725BT's navigation map offers helpful lane information & signpost guidance.
- Lane Information: When navigation on multilane roads, it is important to take the appropriate lane in order to follow the recommended route. If lane information is available in the map data, the map screen will display the lanes and their directions using small arrows at the bottom of the map. High lighted arrows represent the lanes you need to take.
- Signposts: Where additional information is available, signposts substitute arrows. Signposts are displayed at the top of the map. The color and style of the signposts are similar to the real ones you can see above the road or by the roadside, They show the available destinations and the number of the road the lane leads to.
- Junction View: If you are approaching a freeway exit or a complex intersection and the needed information exists, the map is replaced with a 3D view of the junction. The lanes you need to take are displayed with arrows. Signposts can also be present, if information is available.
- Tunnel View: When entering a tunnel, the map is replaced with a generic tunnel image so that surface roads and buildings cannot distract you.
Audible Alerts: The Jensen VM9725BT offers various audible alerts and functions to help you get to your destination safely.
- Voice Guidance (Text-to-Speech): In addition to graphic directions, the VM9725BT provides voice guidance and turn-by-turn directions. You can select from English, French, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese audible languages. The volume of the voice prompts can be increased with increases in speed to overcome road noise. Voice guidance can be turned off if you prefer.
- Safety Alert: This function can warn you when you approach road safety cameras, school zones, or railroad crossings (if available). You can also add your own alert points. Beeps or the spoken type of alert will be heard when you are approaching of these points.
- Speed Limit Warning: Some maps may contain information about the speed limits of certain road segments. The VM9725BT provides an audible warning if you exceed the recommended speed limit.
Note: While navigating, other sources may be selected and listened to; such as AM/FM Tuner, CD, USB, iPod, & Bluetooth. The unit will mute the audio of the other source during navigation voice-prompts.
Where Am I?: This screen contains information about the current position (or approximately the last known position if GPS reception is not available) and a button to search for POIs nearby.
Find Menu: The Find Menu gives you many different ways to choose your destination or insert a waypoint in your current route. An on-screen keyboard appears to allow you to enter your destination from one of the following categories:
|Find on Map||Search for a destination by scrolling the map display.|
|Home||Store and easily recall your home address.|
|Find Address||Enter full/partial address, or Search for a city (central location), or Search for the intersection of two roads.|
|Find Places||Search for over 11,000,000 points-of-interest (POIs) by name, phone #, or category; search near your current location, in a specific city, along your current route, or near your destination.|
|Favorites||Store your favorite locations for easy recall.|
|History||Destinations that you have set previously|
|Coordinates||Enter geographic coordinates (latitude & longitude).|
|Waypoints||You can add intermediate destinations along your main route.|
Route Calculation: The Jensen VM9725BT calculates your route based on your Vehicle Type, Route Method, and Avoidances.
- Vehicle Type: You select what type of vehicle you are driving, so the navigation unit can determine the best route based on your vehicle type (Car, Truck, Emergency, Bus, or Taxi).
- Route Method: You can choose which route method
(Fastest, Shortest, Green, Economical, or Easy) the navigation unit should
use when calculating your route.
- Fastest: give a quick route, if you can travel at or near the speed limit on all roads. Usually the best section for fast and normal cars
- Shortest: gives a route that has the smallest total distance of all possible routes. It can be practical for slow vehicles
- Green: gives a quick, but full efficient route based on the fuel consumption data you provide
- Easy: results in a route with fewer turns and no difficult maneuvers
- Avoidances: You can tell the navigation unit to avoid certain types of roads along your calculated route, such as - Highways, Tolls, Carpool/HOV, Unpaved Roads, and/or Ferries.
Trip Logs: Trip logs contain useful information about your trip. Trip logs can be saved manually when you reach your destination or automatically along your route. Trip log data includes; Start/End Time, Avg./Max. Speed, Total/Driving/Stopped Time, Total Distance, and Min./Max. Altitude.
Automatic Route Recalculation: The unit will automatically recalculate your route if you stray from the navigation unit's previously calculated route.
Bluetooth Technology (Powered by Parrot): The Jensen VM9725BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (powered by Parrot), allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. Parrot is a global leader in wireless Bluetooth device communication and innovation.
Bluetooth Profiles: In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Pairing: Before using the unit's Bluetooth functions, you must pair your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or audio device to the VM9725BT. Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some mobile devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the VM9725BT
External Microphone: The VM9725BT includes an external microphone to speak into during your phone conversation, while the other party is heard through your vehicle's speakers. The microphone features a visor-clip to mount the unit to your vehicle's sun-visor. The visor-clip can be removed and the microphone an be mounted to your dash using the supplied self-adhesive bracket. The microphone measures 0.5" (diameter) x 1.1875" (deep) and features an attached 7.75' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ external mic): The VM9725BT supports Bluetooth hands-free communication from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. You can answer an incoming call from the head unit's touchscreen and carry on a phone conversation hands-free. An external microphone carries on your side of the conversation while your car's speakers are used to hear the other person. You can make a call by entering the phone number, selecting a contact from your Phonebook list, or using the Call History Log of received/dialed/missed calls.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming call, the caller's phone number will be seen on the unit's LCD and a ring-tone will be heard through your car stereo speakers. You can then manually answer the incoming call from the head unit's front-panel controls. You can also set the unit to automatically answer an incoming call within 5 seconds.
- Making A Call: You can make a call using the Jensen
in-dash head unit's front-panel controls.
- Direct Dial: Outgoing calls can be made be entering telephone numbers (0-9, *, #) directly via the head unit's touchscreen.
- Phonebook: You can search for contact names in your mobile phone's phonebook from the Jensen VM9725BT and then make your call.
- Call Log: You can also make a call by searching your mobile phone's call history (Received/Dialed/Missed) from the Jensen VM9725BT.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Jensen VM9725BT also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The VM9725BT will be able to control your stored music's basic playback functions; such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Fast-Forward/Reverse (no metadata is displayed). The VM9725BT also supports audio streaming of music apps from your smartphone, but without control or metadata. You will continue to use your Bluetooth enabled smartphone to view & control streaming music apps. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Disc Slot: The unit has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier, so you don't have to wait for the unit's monitor to retract.
Disc Compatibility: The VM9725BT is compatible with the following discs (12cm only):
- DVD: DVD Video, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+RW DL
- CD: Audio CD (CD-DA), CD-R, CD-RW
- Compressed Files: MP3, WMA, JPEG, MPEG 1/2
SD-Card Slot: The Jensen VM92125 is equipped with a front-panel SD-card slot. The head unit supports playback of audio & photo files recorded on SD/SDHC memory cards (up to 8GB).
MP3/WMA Playback: The VM9725BT can play MP3/WMA files with ID3 Tag capability that have been recorded on CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, and DVD+RW discs; as well as SD/SDHC memory cards. The files must be recorded in ISO 9660 or Joliet formats for discs and formatted in FAT 16/32 for SD-cards. The recommended bit rate is 128 kbps and sample frequency of 48 kHz. Up to 1500 songs/files can be supported from a compatible disc or SD/SDHC memory card. This unit will only recognize 3 folder levels.
JPEG Playback: The unit supports playback of JPEG still images recorded on CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, and DVD+RW discs; as well as SD/SDHC memory cards. You can view a thumbnail display of available images as well as rotate a selected image 360-degrees in 90-degree increments.
DVD Touch-Screen Controls: While playing a DVD you can press the screen to access disc information and playback functions. The following are some of the playback controls that are displayed when the bottom of the screen is pressed while viewing a DVD disc.
- Fast Forward/Fast Reverse: When playing a DVD, there are four fast-play speeds in both directions: 2x, 4x, 8x, and 16x.
- Slow Motion: Plays the current title in slow motion.
- Repeat Play: When playing a DVD, you can repeat the current chapter or title.
- A-B Repeat: A-B Repeat allows you to repeat any portion of a DVD.
Note: When playing a Video CD, the repeat function is not available. For MP3/WMA, you can repeat the current file.
Direct Search: During DVD, VCD, or CD playback you can use the numeric keypad on the touch-screen display to access a chapter/track directly.
Random Play: When playing a CD disc, you can play the tracks or files in random order.
Intro Scan: During CD-audio playback you can play the first 10 seconds of each track or file.
Zoom: When playing DVDs and Video CDs, you can enlarge the picture using the zoom feature. You can choose one of four zoom settings.
Parental Lock: The DVD system has a built-in Parental Lock feature to prevent unauthorized persons from viewing restricted disc content. By default, the rating system is unlocked. You can choose from 8 different levels of Parental Lock. Once setup, the parental lock is released only by entering the user 4-digit password.
Off Eject: You can eject a disc with the unit powered off. You cannot insert a disc with the head unit powered off.
USB Port: The Jensen VM9725BT features a front-panel & rear-panel USB type-A port for playback of MP3 (128kbps)/WMA (128kbps) audio files recorded in FAT16 or FAT32 on a connected USB mass storage class device; such as your Android smartphone, digital audio player, or thumbdrive. The head unit also supports JPEG still image playback via USB. Up to 1500 songs/files can be recognized from one USB mass storage device (it will only recognize 3 folder levels). The VM9725BTHD will also display ID3 tag information. In addition, the VM9725BT's USB port (5V/500mA) will charge your connected USB device.
iPod Control: The optional jLink-USB cable (110JLINUSB, sold separately) allows you to connect select iPods and iPhones to this unit through the head unit's front- or rear-panel USB port and 3.5mm AV input. Once an iPod/iPhone is connected, you can playback audio/video content from your iPod/iPhone on the VM9725BT. The Jensen head unit will also display text information such as song, track or artist name from your connected iPod. You can directly control audio/video functions of your iPod/iPhone from the head unit's touchscreen. You can search your music and videos by Playlists and Categories. You can even select a track directly from the on-screen keypad. Your iPod/iPhone's touchscreen or clickwheel controls will be locked while connected to the head unit. Your iPod/iPhone is also charged when it is connected to the head unit. If you only require iPod/iPhone audio playback, you can simply connect your iPod/iPhone to the VM9725BT via the USB/Dock connector cable that came with your iPod/iPhone. If you have an iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), or iPhone 5; use the Lighting-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect to the head unit. These Apple devices only support audio playback (no video output).
Pandora App: The Pandora App (free) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Jensen VM9725BT using your connected Apple iPhone, via the USB/iPod connector cable (included with your iPhone) or the Jensen jLINK-USB cable (sold separately). The Jensen VM9725BT provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. You can select Pandora stations from your station list; you can sort the station list by date or A-Z. You can also skip song tracks within a station. In addition, you can also give songs a thumbs up/down and bookmark songs/artists. To access Pandora you must have an Apple iPhone (iOS3 or later) with the latest version of the Pandora application from Apple's iTunes App Store. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account. Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
iPod Compatibility Chart: The Jensen VM9725BT is mad "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and support the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 10/10/2012):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Pandora App||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
AM/FM Tuner: The head unit features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, scan, preset, and direct tuning.
- Preset Tuning: The unit features 3 FM bands and 2 AM bands with the capability of storing 6 presets for each band giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets (30 total). You can also automatically store the six strongest stations in your area inside the current selected band. In addition, the tuner features a Preset Scan function which allows you to preview your stored preset stations in the selected band.
- Preview Scan: The Scan function will play the first five seconds of each station, until you find a station you like.
- Local Seek: The unit's tuner also is equipped with a Seek mode that when used with the Local function, only allows radio stations with a strong local radio signals to be played.
- Direct Tuning: The built-in AM/FM tuner also allows direct frequency tuning through the unit's touchscreen panel.
RDS: Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible FM stations. FM stations with Radio Data System (RDS) service send inaudible digital information along with the regular radio program signal.
European Tuning: The tuner features selectable North America and European tuning.
SiriusXM Ready: The Jensen VM9725BT comes ready for SiriusXM programming with access to XM & Sirius Satellite Radio stations. Thanks to its proprietary SiriusXM Connect port, you can add the optional SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner and receive more than 150 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the "SiriusXM All Access" package (subscription required). Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options & channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Direct Channel input allows you to directly enter a station number using the remote control
- Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, and Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's display
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
D/A Converter: The VM9725BT is equipped with a high-performance 24-bit, 192kHz digital-to-analog converter with a multi-bit Sigma-Delta modulator.
CEA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the VM9725BT are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the VM9725BT are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 13 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 40 watts x 4 channels (160 watts total)
2V/5Ch Preamp Outputs: The Jensen VM9725BT is equipped with five 2-volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/mono-Sub). The front and rear channels are fading, while the subwoofer output is non-fading with a low-pass crossover filter and separate level control.
Low Pass Crossover: The receiver features a built-in Low Pass Crossover for subwoofer preamp output. You can select from 80Hz, 120Hz, 160Hz, or off.
Programmable Turn-On Volume: You can set the head unit to turn-on to the last volume level adjustment when turned off, or turn-on to a pre-defined volume level (0-40) every time you power up the radio.
EQ: The VM9725BT features a Preset & 3-Band EQ. The built-in equalizer offers 8 preset sound modes (Acoustic, Urban, Rave, Latin, Dance, Hip Hop, Rock, or User) suitable for the music genre of your choice. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 3-band EQ (Bass, Midrange, Treble) from -12 to +12.
Loudness: The Loudness feature compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at low volume.
DRC: This function reduces a Dolby Digital soundtrack's dynamic range so you can hear quieter dialog without being overwhelmed by loud sections. You can choose a setting of Auto or On.
Source Level: You can increase the relative volume (+/-6dB) of the unit's source inputs to match the external source's output level. The Source Level can be used for the VM9725BT's Radio, Disc, SD, USB, iPod, Bluetooth, or AV input.
Beep Tones: An audible beep tone confirms each function selection. The beep tone can be disabled/enabled in the Setup Menu.
Heat Management: The unit has a heat management system which incorporates forced-air cooling to keep the chip-sets operating at nominal temperatures for reliable operation and sound quality.
Front-Panel AV Input: The Jensen VM9725BT is equipped with AV input terminals on the front and rear of the unit to enable enjoyment of content from an external connected source. The rear composite video/stereo RCA inputs are ideal for permanent installations, while the front AV mini-jack (3.5mm) input will come in handy for quick connection of a portable audio/visual source. There is also a rear-panel 3.5mm AV input that is shared with the unit's rear-panel USB port (labeled "iPod") used only to connect an iPod/iPhone via Jensen's jLink-USB cable (sold separately). See "USB/iPod Connectivity" section.
Audio/Video Outputs: Dual rear-panel RCA composite video-output jacks allow you add external monitors such as rear headrest monitors (sold separately). The VM9424BT is also equipped with a pair of stereo RCA outputs which can be used in conjunction with the dual video outputs. The same audio/video source will be shown on the unit's LCD monitor and connected rear monitors.
Rear View Camera Input: The Camera Input consists of a Composite video RCA jack for connecting an optional rear-view back-up camera, such as the Jensen JCAM1(110JCAM1, sold separately). This RCA input enables you to connect a rear-view camera to display the area behind your vehicle. The increased view encourages and facilitates safer driving. When an optional rearview camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is displayed on the screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (green/white wire of harness must be connected to reverse light wire of vehicle). Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.9 seconds. You can choose for the monitor to display a Mirror mode image or a Normal mode image from the rear-view camera. Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
IR Remote Control: The Jensen VM9725BT comes supplied with a 44-button IR remote control which provides wireless operation of the Jensen multimedia receiver.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.