Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
CD receiver (New Stock)
Our take on the Kenwood KDC-BT755HD by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
An impressive array of features
Why replace your factory radio? Most people say they want a receiver that looks great and offers more features. The KDC-BT755HD CD receiver certainly scores big in the looks department, and Kenwood's loaded this receiver with a bunch of features that you'll enjoy:
- HD Radio™: A built-in tuner lets you enjoy the best sound in free radio, with near CD-quality sound on FM broadcasts. Other HD Radio advantages include the ability to tag tunes for later purchase at the iTunes store, and the access you'll enjoy to the additional programs offered by many stations.
- Built-in Bluetooth®: This receiver offers hands-free calling and audio streaming, and your phones pair up automatically, thanks to Kenwood's Simple Secure Pairing system. And iPhone users enjoy one-touch pairing when they plug in via USB.
- Pandora® Internet Radio and iHeart Radio users will appreciate this receiver's excellent built-in controls — connect via USB with your iPhone, or by Bluetooth with your Android, and you can scroll through your stations and give a thumbs-up or thumbs-down right from the receiver's face.
- iPod® or iPhone® controls: Connect your device to the receiver's front-panel USB input, and you'll blaze through your tracks and playlists. Dedicated "Search" and "Return" keys cut down on the need to work through menus when you're looking for a specific song.
- Android® controls: If you store your music on an Android device, download Kenwood's free Music Control app and enjoy a variety of search and playback features when your phone is plugged into the front-panel USB.
- SirusXM-ready: For satellite radio subscribers (or those who plan to be), the KDC-BT755HD works with SiriusXM's outboard tuner (not included), so you can enjoy coast-to-coast reception of your favorite talk, sports, and music programming.
- Variable button illumination: Choose from a wide selection of colors to match this receiver's buttons to the color of your vehicle's dash illumination.
Enjoy your music and shape your sound
If you're feeling "old-school," slip in a CD and take full advantage of this receiver's 24-bit digital-to-analog converter. It converts the raw data on your disc, including MP3, WMA, and AAC files, to smooth, lifelike sound. (It'll make a big difference in the music on your iPod or thumb drive, too.)
Wimpy bass and treble controls can't compare with this receiver's 3-band parametric equalizer, high- and low-pass filters, and selectable bass boost, along with settings that let you adjust for your car's speaker setup. And this receiver offers three sets of preamp outputs, so you can easily add amps to build a killer audio system in your car.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Kenwood stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and this Kenwood, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab for compatible adapters.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver.
I am very pleased with the rapid delivery time. The receiver and its installation kit were very easy to install. The instructions were complete. I recommend soldering the harness wires and insulating them with shrink wrap for permanent connections. Overall this can't be beat for the price.
Travers, Newport News. VA
What's in the Box:
- CD receiver (with 10-amp fuse inserted into the chassis)
- Face (attached)
- Trim ring (attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Wireless remote control (RC-406)
- CR2025 3V lithium-battery (installed in remote)
- Microphone with integrated bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector)
- 2 Removal tools
- 4 Panhead ISO-mount screws
- 4 Flathead ISO-mount screws
- Face-fixing screw
- Instruction Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Warranty Card
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- Pandora control with iPhone, Android, and Blackberry
- Kenwood's free Music Control app for USB playback of music on Android devices
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs including discs loaded with AAC, MP3, and WMA music files
- detachable face with adjustable multi-line display and variable-color button illumination
- remote control
- 3-band equalizer with 8 preset EQ curves
- high- and low-pass filters
- subwoofer level controls
- iPod/iPhone direct control via USB input — no adapter necessary, but adding Kenwood's optional connecting cable lets you leave your iPod cable at home
- SiriusXM-ready (SVX-200 tuner and subscription required)
- inputs: front-panel auxiliary and USB input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2.5-volt front, rear, and subwoofer)
Other features and specs:
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Kenwood KDC-BT755HD Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power Output||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20KHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||2.5 volts|
|Display Color||Bluish white|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
Bluetooth Technology: The Kenwood KDC-BT755HD is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (ver. 2.1 + EDR) allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile), OPP 1.1 (Object Push Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Kenwood KDC-BT755HD. Visit Kenwood's Support Site for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled phones.
SPP (Secure Simple Pairing): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Kenwood KDC-BT755HD without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When a registered Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. You can register up to five Bluetooth-enabled devices with the Kenwood head unit. A maximum of two Bluetooth-enabled phones can be connected at one time, but only one can be used at a time.
Bluetooth Hands-Free Communication: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The controls of the KDC-BT755HD can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone (featuring adjustable gain), so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers. During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering a Call: When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker and the caller's name or phone number will be displayed. You can answer the call from the head unit's front-panel controls, or setup the head unit to automatically answer the incoming call immediately or after 1-99 seconds. The KDC-BT755HD also supports the Call Waiting function, so you can answer another incoming call while suspending the current call you are on. Your compatible cell-phone must also support this feature.
- Dialing a Number: Using the KDC-BT755HD, you can dial a
phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: Allows you to directly dial a phone number up to 32 digits from the head unit's control knob or remote control.
- Speed (Preset) Dialing: Allows you to register up to 6 phone numbers for quick dialing. The preset numbers can be accessed from the head unit's Control Knob.
- Phone Book: You can dial by using the downloaded phone book. You can download phone book data from your cell phone to the KDC-BT755HD. Up to 600 numbers can be stored for each registered cell phone. Each number can be up to 32 digits long and each name can be up to 50 characters long. Stored phone numbers can be categorized by General, Home, Office, Mobile, or Other. You can search each category of the phone book in alphabetical order.
- Call History: The Call History is a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls.
- Voice Dialing: If your mobile phone supports voice recognition, then you can dial out by voice command. Simply speak into the included microphone.
External Microphone: The Kenwood KDC-BT755HD includes an external microphone to carry on your side of your phone conversation and voice command dialing. The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. You can adjust the volume level and noise cancellation of the microphone without affecting the other sources. The external microphone features an attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone offers an integrated mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle's sun-visor or taped to your dash. The external microphone measures 0.525" (diameter) x 1.505" (depth).
Note: This unit does not offer an integrated front-panel microphone.
SMS: If your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone is compatible with SMS (Short Message Service), the Kenwood head unit will notify you when a message has been received. You must then use your phone to check the message. You cannot read, edit, or send a message through this unit.
Wireless Audio Streaming (w/ Metadata Display): The Kenwood KDC-BT755HD also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The KDC-BT755HD will be able to control basic playback functions of your Bluetooth device's stored music; such as Play/Pause, Skip Next/Previous, Fast Forward/Rewind and Random/Repeat. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title. The KDC-BT755HD also supports audio streaming of music apps downloaded on your smartphone with metadata display and limited control. Advanced music control of your music apps will still need be done via your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Siri Digital Assistant Control: When paired and connected with an iPhone 4S or 5/5C/5S via Bluetooth (not USB), the Kenwood KDC-BT55U has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel controls and external microphone. Simply press-and-hold down on the head unit's Answer Button to engage Siri and use the included microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the KDC-BT755HD and its microphone. The head unit's display will only indicate hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Kenwood KDC-BT755HD; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Note: You can ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone 4S/5/5C/5S. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
Bluetooth Detailed Settings: The KDC-BT755HD offers the following Bluetooth Detailed Settings, so you can configure the unit to suit your needs.
- Bluetooth Audio: You can allow Bluetooth audio to be heard from only the front-speakers or all the speakers in your vehicle.
- Call Beep: You can choose to output a beep from your vehicle's speaker's when a call comes in, or you can turn this function off.
- Echo Level: You adjust the echo cancellation delay time until the least echo is being heard during a phone conversation.
- Mic Gain: Adjusts the volume of the external microphone.
Built-In HD Tuner: With its built-in HD Radio tuner, you can receive digital AM/FM broadcasts from local stations where available. HD Radio significantly improves AM/FM audio quality and reception, as well as includes information such as artist name and song titles or traffic news, viewable on the receiver's display. HD Radio Technology will deliver high-quality digital sound. AM digital will have FM-like quality in stereo (70dB SN @ 40-15kHz), while FM digital will have CD-like quality (70 dB SN @ 20-20kHz) with static free and clear reception. The unit's built-in HD Radio tuner allows analog AM/FM tuning as well.
- Tuning Methods: You can setup the KDC-BT755HD to tune both
analog and digital radio stations (Auto), only HD Radio stations (Digital), or
only analog radio stations (Analog). The CD receiver offers a variety of tuning
options; including Seek, Presets, and Direct Access.
- Seek Modes: You can choose one of three seek modes: Auto 1 (seek tuning), Auto 2 (cycles through and tunes the selected band's preset stations only with each button press), or Manual.
- Tuner Presets: The unit's tuner features 3 FM banks
(1, 2, 3) and 1 AM bank for storing presets. Not only does the CD receiver's tuner allow you manually
enter your desired presets you can choose to have the unit automatically
put stations with good reception in the memory banks automatically; this
is a handy feature when traveling. The Kenwood KDC-BT952HD offers two
- Normal: You can store 6 presets for each AM/FM bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets (total of 24).
- Mix: A total of 6 preset stations can be assigned to the head unit's 6 preset buttons, regardless of AM/FM band. This lets you recall a preset station without switching between bands.
- Direct Access: You can directly access an AM/FM station by entering in the frequency number using the include wireless remote control.
- Station Text: AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles.
- Multicasting: In addition to conventional broadcasts, with HD Radio broadcasting it is possible to choose from up to 8 multicast programs (HD1 to HD8).
- iTunes Tagging: It is possible to save the song's information (tag) from and HD Radio broadcasting station to your USB-direct connected iPod/iPhone. The songs will show up in a playlist called "Tagged" in iTunes (7.4 or later) the next time you sync your iPod/iPhone. Then you can directly buy the songs you want from the iTunes Music Store. Your iPod/iPhone must have at least 50MB of free space to "tag" and transfer songs. You can "tag" up to 50 songs.
Note: HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to HDRadio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
Internet Radio Apps: The Kenwood KDC-BT755HD allows you to access Pandora, iHeartRadio, and Aha Radio online music services through your USB-connected iPhone or Bluetooth-connected Android/Blackberry smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the KDC-BT755HD via the Kenwood KCA-iP102 cable (sold separately, or the cable supplied with your iPhone. Your Android or Blackberry smartphone must support A2DP/ AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Kenwood KDC-BT755HD. Your iPhone, Android smartphone, or Blackberry device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi.
- Pandora App (for iPhone/Android/Blackberry): The free Pandora App (either from iTunes Apps, Google Play, or BlackBerry App World) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Kenwood KDC-BT755HD using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) or Bluetooth paired Android/Blackberry smartphone. The Kenwood KDC-BT755HD provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. You can select Pandora stations from your station list and sort them by date or alphabetically (A-Z). New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing. You can also save 3 Pandora stations as presets. You can also skip song tracks within a station. You can even give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down. An active Pandora account is required.
- iHeartRadio Link (for iPhone/Android): The free iHeartRadio Link app for Kenwood (either from iTunes Apps or Google Play) lets you play music from the iHeartRadio music service through the Kenwood KDC-BT755HD using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+), or Bluetooth paired Android smartphone (2.2+). The iHeartRadio music service provides access to more than 1,500 live radio stations from coast-to-coast (including pop, country, urban, rock, talk, and sports). The KDC-BT755HD will provide control over the iHeartRadio Link app, as well as display station identification and song/artist information. From the head unit's front-panel controls, iHeartRadio stations can be searched by the following categories (Local, Genre, City, or My Stations). The Local selection provides a list of radio stations in your local listening area. The unit also provides over 22 Genres to choose from (including pop, country, hip-hop, jazz, etc.) to help you find the right radio station for you. In addition, you can search for radio stations by City. Cities can be searched alphabetically (A-Z). You can even store your favorite stations (My Stations) for easier, quicker access. An active iHeartRadio account is required.
- Aha Radio App (for iPhone/Android): The Kenwood CD receiver offers compatibility with the free Aha Radio app for your USB-connected iPhone (iOS 4.3+) or Bluetooth-paired Android smartphone (2.2+); available from iTunes Apps or Google Play. Aha Radio provides you with up to the minute content made available from the convenience of Kenwood's front-panel controls and LCD screen. Listen to the latest Facebook updates or Tweets from your friends. Listen to thousands of stations that include internet radio, podcasts, and audiobooks. Receive traffic information, restaurants and coffee locations personalized to you instantly, safely, and easily. An active Aha Radio account is required.
Note: Access to these Internet Radio services will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android/Blackberry smartphone to connect to the Internet. Not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
SiriusXM Ready: The Kenwood KDC-BT755HD comes ready for SiriusXM programming with access to XM and Sirius Satellite Radio stations. Thanks to its proprietary SiriusXM Connect port, you can add the optional SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner and receive more than 150 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the "SiriusXM All Access" package (subscription required). Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options and channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Direct Tuning via included remote
- Supports the SiriusXM Instant Replay function, so you can pause, rewind, and replay up to 30 minutes of live content
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
iPod Direct Connection w/ DAC Bypass: The KDC-BT755HD's front-panel USB port acts as an iPod/iPhone high-speed direct connection when used with the optional Kenwood USB Direct Connection Cable (113KCIP102, sold separately) or the USB/iPod cable that comes with your iPod/iPhone. If you have an iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), or iPhone 5/5C/5S; use the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect to the head unit. Using either cable allows audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of select iPod/iPhone models from the KDC-BT755HD.
- DAC Bypass: This USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's large music libraries to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 105dB. The Kenwood head unit supports audio playback of music files and podcasts stored on your iPod or iPhone, as well as music apps streamed to your iPhone.
- Music Control: You can choose
to control the iPod/iPhone from the head unit or from your iPod/iPhone's
clickwheel or touchscreen.
- Head Unit: The Kenwood head unit allows you to navigate your iPod's music by Playlist, Artists, Album, Genre, Composer, Song, or Podcast. You can search these categories alphabetically or using a percentage search (0.5%, 1%, 5%, 10%). The head unit also supports Repeat (file) & Random (folder) playback functions of your connected iPod/iPhone.
- iPod/App Mode: In iPod/App mode, you can navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone from its clickwheel or touchscreen. You can also listen to your favorite music apps (such as SiriusXM, Last.fm, Rhapsody, & Slacker) from your iPhone (iOS 3.0+) through the Kenwood head unit and your vehicle's speakers. You will continue to use your iPhone's touchscreen to navigate your apps. Not all apps will be compatible with App Mode. Access to your iPhone's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
- Information Display: The KDC-BT755HD will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information when you are controlling your iPod or iPhone from the Kenwood head unit. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, and Album label. If you choose to operate your connected iPod/iPhone via its clickwheel or touchscreen controls, the KDC-BT755HD will not display your iPod/iPhone's music information (the head unit will instead display "APP/iPod").
- Battery Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit does not charge the iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Kenwood KDC-BT755HD is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 9/19/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Specific Apps||Display Type||Bluetooth||iTunes Tagging||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/App||Pandora app||iHeart Link||Aha Radio||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Music Control for Android Smartphone: The Kenwood Music Control app for Android organizes your Android smartphone's music, while providing quick and easy search capability from the Kenwood CD receiver. The free Kenwood Music Control App for Android can be downloaded onto your Android smartphone from the Google Play App Store. Your Android smartphone must be running Android OS 2.2 or later. Once the app is downloaded and has a chance to organize all the stored music on your Android smartphone, you can connect your Android smartphone to the Kenwood CD receiver via USB (your compatible Android smartphone must be recognized as a USB mass storage class device; not compatible with MTP protocol). The Kenwood Music Control app offers the following Android supported functions.
- Song Management: Music stored in your Android smartphone can be navigated from the Kenwood CD receiver. Songs can be easily selected by searching for a Song title, Artist name, Album label, or Genre.
- Song Information Display: Song information such as Artist name, Song title, and Album label are displayed on the connected Kenwood CD receiver.
- Mood Playlist: Playlists can be created by classifying songs into categories by type of mood. Songs are analyzed and classified into the following categories of moods - High Energy (Active/Powerful/Core), Acoustic (Detailed/Simple/Smooth/Easy), Standard (Dynamic/Rockin/Vivid), Stylistic (Cool/Urban/Trance)
- Intro Skip: This function allows you to choose and listen to only the hook-lines of songs stored in your Android smartphone.
Note: When the Kenwood Music Control app is first downloaded it will require some time to populate all the music, so we suggest doing this overnight.
Music Files Format Supported by Music Control app for Android:
|Codec||Extension||Bit Rate||Sampling Frequency|
|AAC||.aac, m4a||up to 160 kbps||8-48 kHz|
Aux In: The unit is equipped with a front panel 3.5mm minijack auxiliary input that can be used to input audio from a portable audio source, such as a portable MP3 player. The Aux input must be turned on to function. The KDC-BT755HD allows you to select the source type displayed when using the auxiliary input. You can choose from AUX, DVD, Portable, Game, Video, or TV. The unit has 3 auxiliary input modes.
- On1: Outputs the sound of the external unit connected to the Aux terminal when switched to the Aux source.
- On2: Activates the attenuator function when turning on the power with the auxiliary source selected. This prevents the noise when no external unit is connected to the Aux terminal. Turn off the attenuator function when listening to output from an external unit.
- Off: Disables the selection of the Aux source.
Disc Compatibility: The unit features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio, CD-Text, and finalized CD-R/CD-RW audio discs. The unit also supports playback of MP3/WMA/AAC music files loaded onto CD-R/RW discs. The CD slot is hidden behind a manual fold-up cover which blends in the front-panel of the head unit. .
Front-Panel USB Port: The Kenwood KDC-BT755HD features a front panel USB (type-A) port that is hidden behind a flip-up cover. The USB port enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives. The USB port supports audio playback and control of MP3, WMA, & WAV audio files stored on these portable USB mass-storage class devices. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On. You cannot connect a USB device via a USB hub or Multi-Card Reader to this unit.
MP3/WMA/AAC Playback: The Kenwood KDC-BT755HD supports the following types of MP3, WMA, AAC, & WAV files recorded onto CD-R/RW disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||CD-R/RW||USB Storage Device|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, Romeo, Long file name||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types|| MP3:
bit rate of 8-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48 kHz
WMA: bit rate of 32-192 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48 kHz
AAC: bit rate of 8-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48 kHz
bit rate of 8-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48 kHz
WMA: bit rate of 32-192 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48 kHz
AAC: bit rate of 8-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48 kHz
WAV: bit rate of 16-bit w/ sampling rate of 44.1 kHz
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||500 folders/500 files (500 files per folder)||999 folders/20,480 (999 files per folder)|
|Tags||ID3 tags (ver.1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA tags, AAC tags|
Text Scroll: The KDC-BT755HD will display CD text or Audio file text. You can set the text scrolling feature to three different modes (Auto, Once, or Off) to scroll longer titles across the screen.
Music Search: The Kenwood AM/FM CD receiver features a Music Search feature which allows you to scroll through and select your MP3/WMA/AAC music folders and files, as well as scroll through your audio CD's music tracks using the head unit's rotary knob.
Direct Music Search: The supplied IR wireless remote control (RC-406) allows you to search for music directly by entering the track number.
Playback Modes: The Kenwood KDC-BT755HD features the following Repeat, Random, and Scan playback modes.
- Repeat Play: Track, File, or Folder
- Random Play: Disc or Folder
- Scan Play: Track or File (plays the first 10-seconds of each music track on a disc or music file in a folder)
Last Position Memory: If the unit is shut off or switched to the tuner mode while a CD is playing, the next time CD is selected as the source, playback will resume from the point where it left off.
CD Read: This function sets the method for reading a CD disc. You can choose between two modes.
- CD1: Automatically distinguishes between audio file disc and music CD when playing a CD or CD-R/RW disc.
- CD2: When unable to play a special formatted CD, set this function to CD2 to force playing. Some music CD discs may be unplayable even when set to this mode.
Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
Auto Reload: If the ejected disc is not removed within 15 seconds, the disc is automatically inserted again into the loading slot to protect it from dust.
Music Editor Compatible: The Kenwood KDC-BT755HD supports the PC application, Kenwood Music Editor Lite (ver.1.1.0). Kenwood Music Editor Lite is a Windows-based desktop software that helps organize, manage and transfer MP3/WMA/AAC music files to your USB (MSC) device from your PC. When you playback audio files that have been stored on your USB (MSC) device using Kenwood Music Editor Lite through this unit, you can search a file by title, album, or artist name using the head unit's Music Search function. The Kenwood Music Editor Light (ver.1.1.0) Windows-based software can be downloaded for free from Kenwood.com to your PC. The Kenwood Music Editor Light is compatible with the following Windows Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Windows XP Professional, Home Edition SP2 or later (32-bit)
- Windows Vista (32/64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
Note: Not compatible with Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Zune, or Android
24 Bit D/A Converter: The Kenwood KDC-BT755HD utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Kenwood KDC-BT755HD is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the KDC-BT755HD are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels
6ch/2.5V Preamp Outputs: The KDC-BT755HD features front, rear and subwoofer 2.5-volt preamp outputs. The front and rear speaker preamp outputs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs are fixed to the rear chassis of the head unit.
Front & Rear High-Pass Filter: The KDC-BT755HD features a High-Pass Crossover for the front & rear channels when your front & rear speakers are connected by the unit's speaker-outputs or preamp-outputs. You can adjust the high-pass crossover from "Through", 100, 120, or 150 Hz. The "Through" selection is a full-range setting.
Subwoofer Controls: The Kenwood KDC-BT755HD offers the following subwoofer controls, when you are using unit's subwoofer preamp output.
- Low Pass Filter: The receiver features a built-in Low Pass Filter control for the preamp-output, when the output is set to Subwoofer. You can select from 85 Hz, 120 Hz, 160 Hz, or off.
- Subwoofer Phase: You can adjust the phase of the subwoofer output between 180-degrees (Reverse) or 0-degrees (Normal).
- Subwoofer Level: Once the Subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can independently control the subwoofer preamp output level (-15 to +15) from the CD receiver.
Speaker Settings: The Speaker Setting function tailors the head unit's audio settings according to the type of speakers in your vehicle. You may select a Speaker Setting of 'SP-Off' (flat/off), 'SP-OEM' (for OEM factory speaker systems), 'SP-6x9/6' (for systems with 6" and 6"x9" speakers), or 'SP-5/4' (for systems with 4" and 5" speakers).
Preset EQ: Eight EQ curves are preset into memory, allowing you to recall the best preset EQ curve for different types of music. Each preset has its own level settings for bass (100Hz), midrange (1kHz), and treble (12.5kHz). You can choose from the following preset EQ curves - Rock, Pops, Easy, Top 40, Jazz, Natural, Game, and User.
Note: You can store bass, middle and treble tone settings for each source (CD, AM/FM, Aux, USB, iPod, Bluetooth, and Pandora).
Sound Enhancements: The head unit provides further sound enhancements for your car audio system.
- Bass Boost: The Kenwood CD receiver features a Bass Boost control that can be set to the following levels (BB1, BB2, BB3, or Off).
- Loudness: This function enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer lower volumes. There are 3 levels (LV1, LV2, or Off).
- Supreme Setting: When MP3 or WMA files encoded at a low bit rate (less than 96 kbps, 44.1k, 48kHz) are played, the Supreme Setting function restores their high frequencies so the sound quality is closer to files encoded at a high bit rate. The processing is optimized for the compression format and the bit rate used. When the Supreme Setting is Off, the unit plays the original sound stored in the audio file.
Volume Offset: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another. The available settings range from -8 to 0 (-8 to +8 for Aux source).
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
Detachable Face: The Kenwood KDC-BT755HD features a single front loading CD face that detaches from the chassis to deter theft. There is no protective face case included. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
Fluorescent Display: The Kenwood head unit features a single-line, 11-character, bluish-white backlit fluorescent display.
Variable Color Button Illumination: The Kenwood KDC-BT755HD features variable color button illumination. You can choose from one of 24 preset colors, have the unit scan through all 24 preset colors continuously, or customize your own color (RGB; 0-9). The custom setting allows you to individually adjust the intensity of Red, Green, and Blue (from 0-9) to better match your vehicle's interior lights. The Kenwood logo and eject button remain red.
Illumination Dimmer: You can manually dim the LCD and button illumination to better suit the time of day. The Kenwood logo and eject button do not dim.
Display Illumination/Clock Display: When the unit is in Standby mode, the face and button illumination is "keyed." When the Clock Display is turned on and the unit is in Standby mode, the Clock Display is also "keyed." Pressing and holding the source button turns the unit off completely.
Demo Mode: This unit features a Demo mode which can be turned On or Off within the menu.
Wireless Remote Control: The KDC-BT755HD comes with an IR remote control (RC-406) for wireless operation of the head unit. The remote will control Audio, CD, USB, and Tuner functions. It is powered by a single CR2025 3V lithium-cell battery (supplied).
- Numeric Keypad: The wireless remote control features a numeric keypad (0-9) which allows direct track access of your music tracks & files (from CD or USB), as well as AM/FM presets.
- Attenuator: The CD receiver features an Attenuator button on the supplied remote control that turns the volume down very quickly with one touch of the button.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
9 questions already asked
I'm sorry, this item has been discontinued and is no longer available. If you need help picking out another receiver feel free to reach out to one of our Product Advisors by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They should be able to help you make a good choice for your system and budget. [ Kenny May 26, 2017 ] Staff
The ability to retain steering wheel controls with aftermarket receivers will be determined by the receiver you are using and the vehicle you have. For full information on this type of integration (including the parts you will need) please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy Feb 12, 2014 ] Staff
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer. You can also post your question in our forums: http://community.crutchfield.com. Or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Jeff Jan 19, 2014 ] Staff
Hi, don't buy this radio,i had bought 2 and they got return they had lots of issues -in my opinion the PIONEER is da way to go [ WILLIAM Jan 17, 2014 ]
Paul, I installed this in my wife's Frontier pickup and it works very nicely without problems. Sound quality is excellent. However, I don't know how it would hold up to more bumping and jostling. I put the full-sized version of this in my Toyota Solara and I like the large size better. [ Scott Jan 15, 2014 ]
I drive a Ford Explorer that doesn't have the best suspension in the world and as far as I can tell the receiver doesn't skip a beat. Now a the rough vibration of a big-rig is another story, but it shouldn't be much worse. [ EPITACIO Jan 15, 2014 ]
Yes. It will work great ! [ DAVID C Jan 15, 2014 ]
It has held up ok in my truck, I have a duramax diesel and the only negative that I have is that using Bluetooth with my engine on no one can hear me, I have to use my earpiece to cancel the diesel [ ALLEN Jan 15, 2014 ]
You will want to contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat to discuss compatibility with your factory system. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and see if this will integrate. If it does not, then they will also be able to discuss other options with you. [ Jeff Jan 13, 2014 ] Staff
Yes you can. But the quality of sound is better with the USB cord. With blue tooth the bass is missing. I tried to adj the sub woofer out put and the bass tone, neither of these added any lower end to the sound quality. I have to rest the deck about once a month, something to do with power surges i think. Other wise its a good deck and everything else works fine. I installed it in a 87 4runner. Good luck [ ALLEN Jan 06, 2014 ]
Yes ,works very well Bluetooth [ MICHAEL STEPHEN Jan 06, 2014 ]
Of course you can!!!!!... I works very well. Bluetooth just picks up the signal from the iPHONE. No USB needed. I accidently dropped my iPhone at a road side pull off and as I drove away the song faded away alerting me to go back and find the phone. WHICH I DID!!!!... Good buy. AZ [ ALAN J Jan 06, 2014 ]
Hi Dave, this unit will connect via Bluetooth to play music and answer phone calls on the IPhone. We have it set so once the truck is started the unit connects to an iPhone and starts playing music. When a phone call comes in it mutes the music an answers the call. It returns to music once the call ends. [ Bubba J Jan 05, 2014 ]
I have not tried it but from the clarithy of the bluetooth i would say if you did it would not be very good. Also if you don;t live in the city the hd isn;t worth having [ TERRANCE M Jan 05, 2014 ]
Hi Dave W, I have this deck and really enjoy it. I play Spotify, Pandora, and Audiobooks over the bluetooth connection and do not use a USB cable to do so! Hope this helps! Matt [ MATTHEW Jan 05, 2014 ]
Nice. Thanks guys. Yea. I just want to be sure before I purchase this. Plus sometimes it gets annoying having a cable in the way of your shifter so playing music via Bluetooth-iPhone is what I like. Thanks for the feedback! [ Dave w Jan 04, 2014 ]
Yes is very east [ JOSE Jan 04, 2014 ]
Yes, this deck is bluetooth capable; you don't need to hook your phone up via cable, although you can do. The USB port can charge your phone as well as communicate to it. The only thing I use the USB port for is charging, [ A. Saint Jan 04, 2014 ]
Yes you can...that's exactly the way I play my music that I have on my Rhapsodu app. Honestly Dave....I flat out love my stereo.....the sound the features the quality and best of all the price....I think you will be very satisfied with it !!!! [ ALEX Jan 04, 2014 ]
Yes the connection works both wireless via blue tooth or thru a USB connection [ RYAN Jan 04, 2014 ]
Any stereo that says bluetooth streaming will do it [ KENNETH Jan 04, 2014 ]
The microphone is separate and gives you a couple options to mount it. [ STEVEN Dec 07, 2013 ]
It is separate. It plugs in on the back of the unit. [ JOE Dec 06, 2013 ]
Hi Emily. The Mic is not built into the faceplate. You plug it into the back of the unit. It has chord long enough to route it wherever you want. I routed mine up near the rear view mirror, tucked the cord behind the plastic panels. Looks like factory. The Mic works well too. You can adjust the gain and echo. Hope this helps. [ CAVEN Dec 06, 2013 ]
It is a separate wired microphone that they recommend putting on the steering column. It has double sticky tape for mounting. [ JEFFREY Dec 06, 2013 ]
No. The microphone is a separate piece that is mountable. I personally did not like this feature so I ended up mounting it behind the air vent on the dashboard. Like that it is invisible but still accessible for phone calls. [ RAMON Dec 06, 2013 ]
Hi Emily, The microphone is separate. The lead wiring is long enough to mount anywhere. [ RODNEY Dec 06, 2013 ]
You would have to mount it on the dash or windshield interior moldings I mounted mine on my windshield molding of my wrangler jk, it work great. [ NESTOR Dec 06, 2013 ]
The microphone is not built into the receiver, and it comes with a separate microphone. The microphone is easily installable, and comes with an adhesive already on the bottom. The microphone is also able to be directed to different places to be aimed directly at the speaker. Overall it works very well. You can also use this microphone for Siri or Google voice when your phone is paired via Bluetooth. [ BRIAN D Dec 06, 2013 ]
Hi Emily. This unit comes with a separate mic to be mounted on the dash or above near the visor. I'm not aware of one in the face of the unit. -Brian [ BRIAN Dec 06, 2013 ]
Well, I managed to do the install myself, but it did take some time (1-2 hours). The hardest part for me was soldering all of the wires to ensure a good connection. If you don't have access to a solder iron, I think there is a method of twisting the wires together and capping them (but my dad's an electronics guru and told me to solder them as it makes a better connection). After all of the soldering, the actual install was pretty straightforward. The directions that are included give a good description of what you need to do. Plus if you are replacing another head unit, you can see how that one was installed and repeat it for the new unit. (my old unit was stolen from my car so I had nothing to work off of) Hope that helps! [ JENNA M Dec 04, 2013 ]
I installed Kenwood KDC-BT755HD in a 1989 Suzuki Sidekick. I had no trouble at all. I did order the correct wiring harness adapter and that helped tremendously, whereas without it I would have had to do some wire splicing (I like soldering and shrink tube) so the adapter saved me a lot of work. The paperwork that comes with the adapter identifies the vehicle wires, colors, etc. The Kenwood KDC-BT755HD has been a fine radio. I like the hands-free bluetooth, the USB port, the HD radio...all of it. Even though the stock speakers sound fairly good, I plan on upgrading the speakers next year...maybe an extra amp(s) to drive them. Read through all of the paperwork and get familiar with your car before you begin. I didn't need to, but don't hesitate to call Crutchfield support for help. I hear they have very good tech support. Good Luck and enjoy!!! [ MIKE Dec 03, 2013 ]
Its pretty straight forward...Crutchfield is pretty good about including all the hardware for a simple install. Make sure you check with their support about wiring harnesses...mine came included but if you have an uncommon car, you might have to purchase one. [ Carlos Nov 29, 2013 ]
My installation was on a Ford F-150 and with everything that Crutchfield supplies it was fairly simple. As long as you can solder some wires, have a few tools and follow the directions supplied by Crutchfield it fairly easy. [ BRAD A Nov 29, 2013 ]
The instructions Crutchfield provides are great. Make sure when you get the radio you get the wiring harness that fits you vehicle. Connect the wiring harness to the radio like the instructions advise. The Crutchfield instructions show each step it takes to take apart your vehicles dash and how to remove the old radio. Then put the new radio in and re-assemble the dash. Then crank up the toons. With the directions provided by Crutchfield, it makes installation SUPER Easy !!! [ CHRIS Nov 28, 2013 ]
Hello Kevin, I installed in a 98 ford explorer. With the kit from Crutchfield it was a breeze. Their instructions and new face plate look great. The tech support from Crutchfield is a very good resource for any questions. Best of luck. [ Bubba J Nov 28, 2013 ]
very easy [ WILLIAM Nov 28, 2013 ]
Took 45m to put it in a ford escape. [ RICHARD Nov 27, 2013 ]
Kevin, It was super easy to install. The instructions are really detailed and besides, if you have any questions about installing the unit Crutchfield tech is always available! I am ENTIRELY pleased with this unit and I think you will be too! JB [ JOHN G. Nov 27, 2013 ]
Even if you're not electonics savvy, this one's a breeze. The only tricky part is knowing how to remove the dash covers (which crutchfield has great photo instuctions). I recommended buying some dash cover removal tools. [ MARK Nov 27, 2013 ]
I thought it was easy especially with the car harness they send for your specific car as well as mounting bracket to go from single and double din. I have bought several radios for several cars and havnt had a problem. However if you do I believe they can send out a tech to help free of charge or you can take it to a crutchfield outlet and they can help. [ MARK Nov 27, 2013 ]
It was really easy to do. Crutchfield supplied wiring with factory connectors. I only had to solder a few wires together. If you are not comfortable soldering you can crimp them together or use small wire nuts to accomplish the same thing. [ ADAM P Nov 27, 2013 ]
I purchased the wiring harness from Crutchfied which made the install pretty easy [ PAUL J Nov 27, 2013 ]
On a scale of 1 to 10 it was a 4 in a f250 Ford truck [ BILLY Nov 27, 2013 ]
Sorry for the delayed response but in response to your question I haven't attempted to use the thumb drive on my unit to be quite honest it has so many other features that I've yet to even think about the USB port. [ ALEX Nov 26, 2013 ]
Does not appear USB supports. A thumb drive .. No windows phone in household ,, sorry Good. Sound. Though. With. Bose. Speaker setup [ TIMOTHY Nov 26, 2013 ]
Sorry Bob, I have no idea. Don't use it that way. It does work with an iPhone though. Not sure about the USB drive either. Sorry I can't help more. The manufacturer should be able to help I would think. [ PAUL L Nov 25, 2013 ]
The USB works great with a thumb drive. Don't t know supporting a Windows Phone. Bluetooth works great from my Galaxy S3. Very pleased with unit. [ DAVID Nov 25, 2013 ]