Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
CD receiver (New Stock)
From Kenwood - Bluetooth
From Kenwood - Favorites Memory
From Kenwood - High Speed Search
From Kenwood - iPod Direct Search
Our take on the Kenwood KDC-BT945U by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Kenwood's KDC-BT945U CD receiver is a "do-it-all" solution for your car's audio needs. Built-in Bluetooth®, powered by industry leader Parrot, offers the extra convenience of hands-free calling and audio streaming when paired with compatible devices. The iPod® click wheel-style interface lets you fly through menu options with ease, while the 5-line LCD display makes it easy to find tracks in your digital music library.
Take charge of your iPod
Many receivers let you connect your iPod most don't make it as easy to find your favorite tunes as this Kenwood does. Grab the big jog dial and skip through your files in 10% jumps, search alphabetically, or search by related genre, as the multi-line display shows off your artist and song info in clear detail. Plus, your passengers can use the iPod's controls to switch songs if you want to concentrate on the drive.
When you hook your iPod to the receiver's USB input, you'll bypass your iPod's digital-to-analog converter, allowing Kenwood's superior 24-bit DAC to make your files sound their best. If you're not using an iPod, you can load up a thumb drive with MP3, WMA, and AAC files, connect it to the rear USB input, and get the same fidelity. You'll also find a rear auxiliary input for MP3 players and other audio sources.
Excellent audio control
Kenwood's Sound Excellence feature offers enhancements designed to give you the best possible sound in your vehicle. Highway Sound optimizes your music so it can be better heard over the road noise, while the 3-band parametric equalizer lets you adjust the tone to suit your vehicle. The Speaker Settings and Cabin Size functions provide settings that are tailored to your vehicle's size and speaker configuration.
The Digital E's crossover feature allows you to trim some of the lows out of your front and rear speakers, and adjust the low frequencies going to a sub, so your equipment plays more efficiently. If you're building a full system, the three sets of preamp outputs send a strong 4-volt signal to your amps for superior sound quality and lower noise levels.
Expand your options
Kenwood's optional HD Radio tuner lets you access the superior fidelity and extra programming offered by participating stations in your area. Connect a satellite radio tuner and enjoy the mix of news, sports, entertainment, and commercial-free music.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use this adapter to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Kenwood stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Kenwood, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
its a great unit and does so much... took 2 phone calls for minor setup issues but was fixed in minutes.its a shame its no longer available. :(
Ron T, West Chester PA
What's in the Box:
- AM/FM/CD receiver (with 10-amp fuse inserted into the chassis)
- Sleeve (attached)
- Face (attached)
- Trim ring (attached)
- Wiring harness
- RC-405 Wireless remote (with installed CR2025 3V lithium-cell battery)
- External microphone (with attached 10' cable terminated by a male right-angle 3.5mm connector)
- Soft fabric face case
- 2 Removal tools
- 4 Panhead ISO-mount screws
- 4 Flathead ISO-mount screws
- Face fixing screw
- Two 0.25" mounting screws
- Two 0.5" self-tapping screws
- One 0.5" machine screw
- 2 Wire-ties
- Instruction Manual CD-ROM (ver.1.0)
- Quick Start Guide (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- 3 Correction notes
- Warranty Card (US/Canada)
- CD player with built-in MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs, including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC files
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and wireless audio
- fold-down, detachable face with 5-line white LCD display
- remote control
- 24-bit digital to analog converter
- Sound Excellence DSP (3-band parametric equalizer, Car Size, Speaker Setting, Digital Time Alignment)
- Digital E's crossover: high-pass filters (speaker and preamp outputs), low-pass filter (sub preamp output)
- Highway Sound
- Dual Zone mode
- iPod direct control via USB input no adapter necessary, but adding Kenwood's optional connection cable lets you leave your iPod cable at home
- compatible with Kenwood's satellite radio, CD changer, and HD Radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB and auxiliary inputs
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
Other features and specs:
Kenwood KDC-BT945U Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|AUX Input||Rear and Optional Rear|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Both|
|RMS Power Output||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
Overview: The Kenwood KDC-BT945U AM/FM CD receiver features a detachable fold-down face, rear-panel auxiliary and USB input, three pairs of 4.0-volt preamp outputs, built-in iPod operation, Satellite and HD Radio controls (with optional tuner), CD-changer controls (with optional CD-changer), as well as AAC/MP3/WMA playback. The unit also features built-in Bluetooth communication for hands-free operation of your mobile cell-phone. In addition, the CD player comes with an IR wireless remote control. The unit's amplifier is rated at 22 watts x 4 channel RMS and 50 watts x 4 channel peak.
Detachable Fold-Down Face: The unit features a fold-down, detachable face to deter theft. There is a red indicator light that will flash on the unit after the face has been removed to warn potential thieves. You can turn this flashing LED on or off. The CD player comes supplied with a soft black fabric, draw string face case to protect the detachable face when you have it off the chassis. You must manually fold the face down before inserting or ejecting a disc.
Note: A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
LCD Display: The KDC-BT945U features a full-dot, multi-line LCD display with spectrum analyzer and adjustable contrast (0-12). The KDC-BT945U offers the following display modes.
- 5-Line: Display 4 to 5 lines of text.
- 3-Line: Displays 2 to 3 lines of text.
- iPod-Like: Displays iPod source information only.
- Spectrum Analyzer: Display a line of text and the spectrum analyzer.
- Clock Display: Displays only the 12-hour clock.
Illumination Effect: This function sets whether the headunit's key illumination color is changed in conjunction with the key-button operation.
Multi-Language Support: The Kenwood KDC-BT945U offers English, French, and Spanish menu text.
Text/Title Scroll: The KDC-BT945U will display CD text, Audio file text and Satellite and HD radio text. You can turn the scrolling feature "on" to scroll longer titles across the screen.
Favorite Memory Control: The headunit's Favorite Control feature allows you to save six "Favorites" for easy access. You can select a "Favorite" playlist from your connected iPod, your favorite radio station from the unit's built-in AM/FM tuner or connected Satellite Radio or HD tuner (both sold separately), a favorite telephone number from your mobile-phone using the optional Bluetooth hands-free kit (sold separately), or an audio setting. This allows you to have instant access of your favorite Radio station, telephone number, iPod playlist, or audio setting from one list on the headunit's display.
Display Illumination/Clock Display: When the unit is in Standby mode, the face/button illumination is "keyed." In addition, while the unit is in Standby mode, you can turn the clock display on or off. When the Clock Display is turned on and the unit is in Standby mode, the Clock Display is also "keyed." Pressing and holding the source button turns the unit off completely.
Dimmer: The dimmer function will dim this unit's display automatically when the vehicle light switch is turned On when you connect orange/white Illumination wire of this player. You can also choose to dim the display manually.
Display Off: This function turns off the display when have not performed an operation for 5 seconds. This is effective for when you are driving at night.
Demo Mode: This unit features a Demo mode which can be turned "on" or "off".
24 Bit D/A Converter: The Kenwood KDC-BT945U utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior CD sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Kenwood KDC-BT945U is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the KDC-BT945U are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels
3-Sets of 4.0V Preamp Outputs: The KDC-BT945U features front, rear, and subwoofer 4.0V preamp outputs. The front and rear speaker preamp outputs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The subwoofer preamp output features an independent level control (-15 to +15).
Amp Off: You can turn the KDC-BT945U's built-in amplifier off to improve the quality of the sound from the headunit's preamp outputs.
Rotary Volume Control: The CD receiver uses a 6-way rotary volume control that increases and decreases the volume of the stereo from 0 to 35. The rotary knob also controls other audio settings such as Bass, Treble and preset EQ settings. In addition, the rotary knob allows you to scroll through and select your music tracks when the Music Search function is activated.
DSP: In order to optimize the sound quality, you can use the headunit's integrated DSP to set the type of vehicle and speaker sizes, locations, distances and x-over points. The DSP settings include the following:
- Car Type: You can compensate the delay of the sound arrival time by selecting your environment from the following car types. Choose from Compact, Full Size Car, Station Wagon, Mini Van, SUV, Mini Van (Long), or Off
- Speaker Setting: The speaker X'over is automatically
set when the position and size of each speaker are select from the following
- Front: Location (Door, On Dash, or Under Dash); Size: (Small, Medium, Large); Tweeter (None or Use)
- Rear: Location (Door, Rear Deck, 2nd Row or 3rd Row; Size (None, Small, Medium, or Large)
- Subwoofer: Size (None, Small, Large)
- Digital Time Alignment (DTA): Choose from 0.00 to 14.44 feet for the Front pair of speakers, Rear pair of speakers, and Subwoofer distances in reference to the distance between your listening positioning and the locations of the particular speakers.
- X'Over: The Kenwood eXcelon headunit provides
independent high-pass crossovers for the unit's front and rear
speaker/preamp outputs, as well as a subwoofer low-pass crossover.
- Front High Pass Filter: Frequency (40, 60, 70, 80,100, 120, 150, 180, or 220 Hz); Slope (-12, -18, or -24 dB per octave); or you can also select full-range
- Rear High Pass Filter: Frequency (40, 60, 70, 80, 100, 120, 150, 180, or 220 Hz); Slope (-12, -18, or -24 dB per octave); you can also select full-range
- Subwoofer Low Pass Filter: Frequency (40, 60, 70, 80, 100, 120, 150, 180, or 220 Hz); Slope (-12, -18, or -24 dB per octave); Phase (Normal/Reverse); or you can also select full-range
Equalizer Control: Equalizer Control allows you to choose from 8 presets, or set your own custom settings using the 3-band Equalizer. The EQ adjustments are as follows:
- Preset EQ: You can select from Natural, Rock, Pops, Easy, Top 40, Jazz, Game, iPod (you can select from 22 EQ curve types), or User.
- 3-Band EQ: The User mode allows you to adjust the
following 3-Band EQ
- Bass: Frequency (60/100/160/250/400 Hz); Q-Factor (0.25/0.5/1.0/2.0); Level (-9 to +9 dB)
- Mid: Frequency (0.63/1.0/1.6/2.5 kHz); Q-Factor (0.25/0.5/1.0/2.0); Level (- 9 to +9 dB)
- Treble: Frequency (4/6.3/10/16 kHz); Level (-9 to +9 dB)
Position Control: For a better sound-stage you can select your optimal listening position. You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right or Front.
Audio Preset: You can register six audio settings into the unit's preset memory to be recalled at any time. The Audio Preset memory can save Car Type Selection, Speaker Setting, Fine Adjustment, X'Over Setting, Equalizer, and/or Listening Position.
Bass Boost: The Kenwood KDC-BT945U features a two level Bass Boost to increase bass levels.
Highway Sound: This features compensates the low volume or bass sound being lost by road noises to make vocals sound clearer. You can set the Highway Sound function to 1, 2, 3, or off.
Volume Offset: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another. The available settings range from -8 to 0.
Source Tone Memory: This feature allows you to store System Q bass, middle and treble tone settings for each source (CD, Tuner, Aux, USB, and connected External Device).
Dual Zone: The Dual Zone mode allows you to output the Main source and the Auxiliary input separately for the front and rear channels. You can select whether the auxiliary input will play in the front or the rear.
Tel Mute: The KDC-BT945U features a cell-phone mute wire (brown) in its harness that when hooked up to your car's phone system mute wire will automatically mute the receiver's audio signal when a call comes in.
AM/FM Tuner: The Kenwood KDC-BT945U features a built-in AM/FM tuner. You can choose one of three tuning modes: Auto 1 (seek tuning), Auto 2 (cycles through and tunes the selected band's preset stations only with each button press), or Manual.
Tuner Presets: The KDC-BT945U's tuner features 3 FM banks (1, 2, 3) and 1 AM bank for storing presets. You can store 6 presets for each AM/FM bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
Auto Memory Tuning: Not only does the CD receiver's tuner allow you manually enter your desired presets you can choose to have the unit automatically put stations with good reception in the memory banks automatically; this is a handy feature when traveling.
Direct Access Tuning: You can directly access an AM/FM station by entering in the frequency number using the include wireless remote control.
Mono Mode: This feature reduces the noise (static) when a stereo broadcast is received as monaural (for FM band only).
Satellite Radio Ready: There are several options for connecting an optional XM or SIRIUS Satellite Radio receiver to this receiver:
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio: To receive SIRIUS Satellite Radio, you can connect the optional SIRIUS Universal Vehicle Tuner and the optional Kenwood Sirius Satellite Radio Interface (package # 700SIRKENW, sold separately); or you can connect the optional Kenwood Sirius Satellite Radio Interface and the SiriusConnect vehicle docking kit (package # 700SIRPKEN, sold separately), along with your compatible SIRIUS Dock & Play receiver.
XM Satellite Radio: To receive XM Satellite Radio connect the optional CNP2000UCA XM Tuner and the Kenwood CNPKEN1 adapter cable (package item number 700XMKEN2, sold separately).
Note: A subscription is also required to receive satellite radio programming from SIRIUS or XM.
HD Radio Ready (with iTunes Tagging): With an optional Kenwood HD Radio tuner (113HR300, sold separately), you will be able to receive digital AM/FM broadcasts from local stations where available. This new technology will significantly improve audio quality and reception, as well as include information such as artist name and song titles or traffic news, viewable on the receiver's display. The Kenwood KTC-HR300 HD Radio tuner(113HR300) is also capable of iTunes tagging. iTunes tagging gives you the ability to tag a song (up to 50) and stores it to a connected iPod. The next time your iPod is connected to iTunes, the tagged songs are displayed with the option to purchase them from the iTunes Store.
Note: Right now there are about 2,000 radio stations broadcasting using digital HD Radio technology in the U.S. To find HD Radio stations in your area, visit the HD Radio website (HDRadio.com).
Satellite + HD Radio Note: You will need the Kenwood KCA-S220A Dual-Source Switching Unit (113KCAS220, sold separately) to connect both a Satellite Radio Tuner and HD Radio Tuner to this headunit.
AAC/MP3/WMA Playback: The KDC-BT945U can play AAC (8-320 kbps), MP3 (8-320 kbps) and WMA (32-192 kbps) files recorded on CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW discs in ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, Romeo, and Long file name formats. Each disc should have a maximum of 8 directory levels, 50 folders, and 255 files per folder with a maximum of 512 files and folders. During AAC/MP3/WMA playback, the unit displays any recorded ID3 Tag (Ver.1) information. The headunit will display up to 60 characters.
Supreme+ Setting: When MP3, WMA or AAC files encoded at a low bit rate (less than 96 kbps, 44.1k, 48kHz) are played, the Supreme+ Setting function restores their high frequencies so the sound quality is closer to files encoded at a high bit rate. The processing is optimized for the compression format and the bit rate used. When the Supreme+ Setting is Off, the unit plays the original sound stored in the audio file.
Playback Modes: The Kenwood KDC-BT945U features Scan (track/file), Random (folder/disc), and Repeat (track/file/folder) playback modes for your CD and music files.
Music Search: The Kenwood AM/FM CD receiver features a Music Search feature which allows you to scroll through and select your AAC/MP3/WMA music folders and files, as well as scroll through your audio CD's music tracks using the headunit's rotary knob.
High Speed Search: This function allows you to continuously scroll up or down your track list at high speed.
Direct Music Search: You can search music tracks and files directly by entering the track/file number using the include wireless remote control.
Last Position Memory: If the unit is shut off or switched to the tuner mode while a CD is playing, the next time CD is selected as the source, playback will resume from the point where it left off.
CD Force: When there is a problem with playing a CD with a special format, this setting plays the CD by force. Some CDs still may not play in the CD Force mode.
Off Eject: The KDC-BT945U allows you to eject your disc for 10 minutes after switching off the vehicles engine.
USB Port: The Kenwood KDC-BT945U features a rear-panel 2.0 USB type-A port on a 39" pigtail. The USB port enables connection and control of a portable USB mass-storage class device with AAC (8-320 kbps), MP3 (8-320 kbps), and WMA (32-192 kbps) music files. The USB port is compatible with all USB mass storage class devices that support the FAT16 or FAT32 file system. Your USB device should only have a maximum of 8 directory levels, 255 folders, and 255 files per folder with a maximum of 65,025 files and folders. The KDC-BT945U provides Scan (file), Random (folder) and Repeat (file/folder) playback modes, as well as Folder, Track, High Speed, and Direct Music (via remote control) search modes. When your USB device is connected to this unit, it can be charged up provided that the KDC-BT945U is powered on.
Note: You cannot connect a USB device via a USB hub or Multi-Card Reader to this unit.
iPod Direct: The KDC-BT945U's rear-panel USB port also acts as an iPod/iPhone high-speed direct connection when used with the optional Kenwood USB Direct Connection Cable (113iP101, sold separately) or the USB/iPod cable that comes with your iPod/iPhone. Using either cable allows audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of select iPod/iPhone models from the KDC-BT945U.
- USB Connection: The USB connection allows your iPod's large music libraries to be loaded instantly to the headunit and sound quality to be maximized through the headunit's 24-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 105dB.
- Audio Playback: The Kenwood headunit supports audio playback of music files and podcasts stored on your iPod or iPhone.
- Music Navigation: When your iPod/iPhone is connected to the KDC-BT945U, you can choose to operate your iPod/iPhone via the Kenwood headunit's controls or your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. If you select to control your iPod/iPhone from the KDC-BT945U, the Kenwood headunit will allow you to navigate your iPod's music by Playlist, Artists, Album, Genre, Composer, Song, or Podcast (your iPod's click-wheel/touch-screen will be locked in this mode). You can search these categories alphabetically or using a percentage search (0.5%, 1%, 5%, 10%). You can also browse for music of the same artist or genre as the one being currently played (Related Search). In addition, you can create your own custom iPod playlist (up to 10 songs) from the headunit.
- Information Display: The KDC-BT945U will also display your iPod/iPhone's music file information when you are controlling your iPod or iPhone from the Kenwood headunit. If you choose to operate your connected iPod/iPhone via its clickwheel or touchscreen controls, the KDC-BT945U will not display your iPod's music information (the headunit will instead display iPod MODE).
- Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the headunit's USB connection will power and charge your iPod/iPhone.
Note: If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Kenwood KDC-BT945U is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of Feb. 2010):
|Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Headunit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Info||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the headunit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to revert to the older software version or wait until an newer software update is available. Not compatible with iOS 4.0 for iPhone (3G/3GS) or iPod touch (2nd/3rd gen).
AUX Input: The KDC-BT945U is equipped with a rear-panel 3.5mm minijack auxiliary input for connecting external portable audio devices such as an MP3 player. The KDC-BT945U allows you to select the source type displayed when using the auxiliary input. You can choose from AUX, DVD, Portable, Game, Video or TV.
Rear Auxiliary Input "Ready": The unit already features a rear panel auxiliary input, but if you need a second auxiliary input, one can be added to the rear of the unit. When used with an optional adapter, this unit can accept a rear input from an auxiliary source. When the CA-C1AUX adapter (113CAC1AX, sold separately) is used, you cannot connect a CD changer to the head unit because the adapter plugs into the DIN changer control connection on the head unit. When the KCA-S220A 2-changer switch (113KCAS220, sold separately) is used, you can connect a CD changer and an auxiliary audio source at the same time. When an auxiliary audio source is connected, you can choose from one of six names for the source: AUX, DVD, Portable, Game, Video or TV.
Built-In Bluetooth: The Kenwood KDC-BT945U CD-Receiver features built-in 2.4GHz Bluetooth technology (version 2.1+EDR) and is compatible with Bluetooth hands-free calling, as well as Bluetooth wireless music streaming. The KDC-BT945U supports the following Bluetooth profiles: HFP (Hands Free Profile), HSP (Headset Profile), OPP (Object Push Profile), PBAP (Phonebook Access Profile), SPP (Serial Port Profile), SYNC (Synchronization Profile), A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), and AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile). Your Bluetooth enabled device must be paired with the KDC-BT945U before hands-free operation or music steaming. You can register up to five Bluetooth enabled devices with the Kenwood headunit (only one paired phone can be used at a time).
- Bluetooth Hands-free Communication: The headunit
supports Bluetooth's Hands-Free Profile communication. The controls of
the KDC-BT945U can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call or end a
call. The KDC-BT945U can even be setup to automatically answer a call. The
unit also includes an external microphone (with visor/pillar mounting
bracket) featuring adjustable gain, so you can carry on your side of the
conversation while listening to the caller through your car's front
speakers. During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode
(talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode. You can also
wirelessly download the short message (SMS) arrived at your cell-phone so
that is can be read on the headunit's display. Stored phone numbers can be
categorized by General, Home, Office, Mobile, or Other. Using the KDC-BT945U,
you can dial a phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: Allows you to directly dial a phone number up to 25 digits.
- Speed (Preset) Dialing: Allows you to register up to 6 phone numbers for quick dialing.
- Phone Book: You can dial by using the downloaded phone book. You can download phone book data from your cell phone to the KDC-BT945U. Up to 1000 numbers can be stored for each registered cell phone. Each number can be up to 32 digits long and each name can be up to 50 characters long. You can search for a number by the initials, or you can search the phone book in alphabetical order.
- Call Log: The Call Log is a list of calls that have
originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You
can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls.
- Outgoing Call List: Allows you to dial by using the outgoing call list. Up to 10 phone numbers are stored in the outgoing call list.
- Incoming Call List: Allows you to dial by using the incoming call list. Up to 10 phone numbers are stored in the incoming call list.
- Missed Call List: Allows you to dial by using the missed call list. Up to 10 phone numbers are stored in the missed call list.
- Call Waiting: You can answer another incoming call with the current call suspended.
- Bluetooth Audio Players: The headunit also supports Bluetooth's wireless Audio Streaming Profile and Bluetooth's Audio Control Profile. These features allow you to wirelessly transmit music from your Bluetooth compatible cell-phone or portable audio player to the KDC-BT945U so you can listen to and control your stored music files through your vehicle's audio system.
Note: Not all Bluetooth mobile phones will be compatible. Visit Kenwood's web site for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled phones.
Wireless Remote Control: The KDC-BT945U comes with the RC-405 IR wireless remote control with a full numeric keypad (0-9). The remote will control Audio, CD, Tuner, USB, Bluetooth, and external device functions. The remote control allows direct access of your music tracks and discs loaded in a connected CD-changer (sold separately), as well as direct access to AM/FM radio stations. It is powered by a single CR2025 3V lithium-cell battery (supplied).
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The unit also features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with the optional PAC SWI-JACK Steering Wheel Control Interface Adapter (127SWIJACK, sold separately); or the optional Metra ASWC Steering Wheel Control Interface Adapter (120ASWC, sold separately).
Note: Please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Music Editor Compatible: The Kenwood KDC-BT945U supports the PC application, Kenwood Music Editor Lite (ver.l.0 or later). Kenwood Music Editor Lite is a desktop software that helps organize, manage and transfer AAC, MP3, and WMA music files to your USB devices from your PC. When you playback audio files that have been stored on your USB device using Kenwood Music Editor Lite (ver.l.0) through this unit, you can search a file by title, album, or artist name using the headunit's Music Search function.
Note: Kenwood Music Editor software can be downloaded for free from Kenwood.com to your PC. Kenwood Music Editor is compatible with Microsoft Windows XP Professional and Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition SP2 or later. Kenwood Music Editor (Ver.1.5.0 and later) are compatible with Windows Vista.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.