Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Universal rear-view camera with multiple view modes
Item # 113CMOS310 | MFR # CMOS-310
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Kenwood CMOS-310 by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Kenwood's CMOS-310 rear-view camera keeps you aware of your surroundings so you can drive more safely. Shift into reverse, and you can check out the view behind your vehicle — the picture shows up on your receiver's screen automatically. The camera captures a 190-degree horizontal view and 151-degree vertical view, so you'll really get the big picture — especially handy if you're trying to back up in a large vehicle or if you're towing something.
Five view modes
The camera gives you five view modes — the package includes a dash-mount button that allows you to switch modes, and you can also use the touchscreen to switch view modes on a compatible Kenwood receiver. You can also connect a second CMOS-310 to the A/V input on select Kenwood receivers, set it as a front camera in the menu, then switch views between the front and rear cameras. The 25-foot cable and harness assembly is long enough for most vehicles and includes a composite video connector, so it'll work with almost any video receiver. Mounting bracket included.
Excellent camera. Great picture quality and lots of views to choose from. Was a great update for my car.
Carter, Charlotte, NC
What's in the Box:
- Rear-view camera with bracket (attached 5' cable terminated by a molex connector)
- Switch unit with attached 40" cable
- 25' Camera control function harness
- Mounting screw
- Double-sided adhesive tape
- Rubber waterproof clamp
- Instruction Manual (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Kenwood Warranty Card
- rear-view camera with view selection button
- 190-degree horizontal and 151-degree vertical view
- 310,000 pixels
- built-in power supply
- multiple view modes
- Super Wide View: 190-degrees
- Wide View: 135-degrees
- Overhead View: displays image as if from straight above vehicle
- PinP View: overhead view on upper half, wide view on lower half
- Corner View: views as seen from two corners displayed on left and right halves
- can be used as a front camera with DNX7160, DNX7180, DNX7190, DNX9960, DNX9980, and DNX9990 receivers
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Kenwood CMOS-310 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Compatibility: The Kenwood CMOS-310 Universal Multi-View Camera can be used as a rear-view camera with Kenwood in-dash monitors; however, the standard composite video output (RCA plug) extension cable makes it compatible with virtually any mobile video monitor.
Note: The CMOS-310 can also be used as a front camera with the Kenwood DNX7160, DNX7180, DNX7190, DNX9960, DNX9980, DNX9990 in-dash navigation receivers.
Waterproof Chassis: The camera is built into a compact waterproof aluminum case, making it perfect for mounting outside the vehicle.
Super Wide Viewing Angle: The 190° horizontal and 151° vertical viewing angles provide an excellent near field view of anything behind you. The camera gives you a mirror image for rear view confirmation.
CMOS Optics: The 1/4" color CMOS image sensor has approximately 310,000 pixels to deliver a high quality picture.
Illumination Range: The multi-view camera provides an illumination range of approximately 0.9 to 100,000 lux. It offers less light distortion from nearby light sources.
Switch Unit: The included dash-mount switch unit can be used to switch the multi-view camera's display mode, view/hide the guidelines display, and adjust the camera to better suit your vehicle; when connected to select Kenwood in-dash navigation head units.
- Display Modes: The CMOS-310 camera system can display 5 different
- Super Wide View: wide-angle image covering a horizontal angle of approximately 190°
- Wide View: camera image covering a horizontal angle of approximately 135°
- Overhead View: image seen from the viewpoint straight up above the vehicle
- PinP View: the overhead view is displayed on the upper half of the screen, while the wide view is displayed on the lower half
- Corner View: the views seen from the two corners of the vehicle are displayed on the left and right halves of the screen
- Image Adjustments: The multi-view camera features the
following image adjustments.
- Centering: adjusts the center of the camera installation position
- Right-and-Left Angle: adjusts the horizontal angle (in the rotary direction) of the camera installation position
- Up-And-Down Angle: adjusts the vertical angle (inclination) of the camera installation position
- Guideline Adjustments: The multi-view camera features
the following guideline adjustments.
- Size: adjusts the overall size of guidelines displayed in the wide or overhead view mode
- Horizontal Direction: adjusts the left-right positioning of the guidelines displayed in the wide or overhead view mode
- Vertical Direction: adjust the length of the guidelines displayed in the wide or overhead view mode
- Red Line Position: adjusts the position of the red line display in the wide or overhead view mode; the red line can be used independently to set the reference line for the vehicle parking position
Note: The dash-mount switch unit is compatible with the Kenwood DNX7160, DNX7180, DNX7190, DNX9960, DNX9980, DNX9990 in-dash navigation receivers.
Mounting: The multi-view camera comes supplied with a metal mounting bracket that attaches to the camera with two supplied machine screws and attaches to your vehicles with its self-adhesive backing or included mounting screw. Once the camera is installed in the mounting bracket the camera's angle can be adjusted to work in your application. The dash-mount switch unit comes with two-sided tape to attach the switch unit to your dash, near the driver seat.
Note: The multi-view camera should be installed at a height of 1.8' or more.
- Camera (with bracket): 1.385" (w) x 1.035" (h) x 1.345" (d)
- Control Switch: 1.135" (w) x 0.465" (h) x 1.485" (d)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
This camera can be used with your receiver. [ Jeff Dec 17, 2013 ] Staff