Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
DVD receiver (New stock)
Our take on the Kenwood DDX319 by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Ready to roll in your digital world
Do you want your in-dash receiver to do more than just play the radio and CDs? If you do, Kenwood's DDX319 offers extensive built-in iPod® controls, plus compatibility with many of your iPhone® apps. When you factor in a big 6.1" touchscreen with easy-to-use menu icons, this versatile DVD receiver may just be what you're looking for.
Many of us don't limit our music and entertainment choices to what we've already downloaded. Thanks to smartphones like the iPhone, we're connected to a wide range of streaming audio, video, and other services. The DDX319 gives you fingertip control over your Pandora® Internet radio stations. Kenwood's iPhone App Mode lets you stream video content from sources like Netflix and YouTube when your car's parked, and you can watch your favorite DVDs or iPod video on the built-in screen whenever you're parked, too.
Traveling? You can also set up your passengers in the back with an external screen and wireless headphones so they can watch video content while you drive. Another big plus — if you've got Garmin's impressive Street Pilot app loaded, you can display maps and directions on the DDX319's screen while you drive.
Play your music
When your iPod's connected, you can view album art, plus browse through your playlists with a few swipes of your finger. Of course, the DDX319 plays discs, even recordable CDs and DVDs loaded with MP3 or WMA files. Or you can plug a thumb drive full of music into the receiver's USB input for hours of listening enjoyment. This Kenwood gives you two A/V inputs for your other audio/video sources — one on the rear for a more permanent source and one in the front for plug-it-in-and-play video. And if you think that radio is "old school," add a SiriusXM tuner to this Kenwood and find out how entertaining satellite radio can be.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Kenwood stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and this Kenwood, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.
Very nice and easy to use. Great features but was hoping for a little more graphic display while playing music or maybe a visual equalizer with the large screen. Still a great unit and price
Jcbarton, Houston, TX
What's in the Box:
- Double-DIN DVD receiver with built-in 6.1" monitor (10A fuse installed in chassis)
- Sleeve (attached)
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- 6.5' Parking brake wire (light green)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 6 Pan-head ISO-mount screws
- 6 Flat-head ISO-mount screws
- Instruction Manual (English)
- Instruction Manual (Spanish)
- Instruction Manual (French)
- Warranty card
- Correction note
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in internal amp (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 6.1" touchscreen with variable color button illumination
- Pandora control with iPhone
- iPhone App Mode with limited control of apps like Netflix and YouTube
- display function for Garmin "Streetpilot" navigation app for iPhone
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices
- 3-band equalizer
- high- and low-pass filters
- subwoofer controls
- speaker type setting
- iPod control: Kenwood cable required for full access to audio/video content
- works with SiriusXM tuner (not included)
- inputs: front USB input, front and rear A/V input, rear-view camera input
- outputs: A/V output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Kenwood DDX319 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|AUX Input||3.5mm AV (front)|
|Audio/video Input||3.5mm (F), Composite (R)|
|Android Control||USB MSC protocol|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power Output||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
6.1" Touchscreen Display: The Kenwood DDX319 features a fixed 6.1" wide, 16:9 touchscreen display with a TFT active matrix system. The screen has a resolution of 800 (H) x 480 (V) x RGB with 1,152,000 total pixels. This unit has touchscreen controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy.
Aspect Ratio: You can change the aspect ratio for video playback. You can select from Full (16:9), Just (4:3 LB), Normal (4:3), or Auto (automatically selects to match incoming video signal)
Picture Adjustment: You can adjust the unit's display brightness, contrast, color, tint, sharpness, and black level to suit your viewing needs during video playback.
Custom Background Images: You can download a still image for use as the unit's background from a connected USB thumbdrive.
Customized Top Menu: You can register up to 3 of your favorite sources (Disc, Tuner, USB, iPod, Pandora, SiriusXM, AV-IN1, AV-IN2, or Standby) as the unit's Top Menu screen for easier, quicker access.
Multi-Language Display: For your convenience, this unit is equipped with a multiple language display. You can select the language which is best suited to your first language - English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Portuguese, Chinese (simplified/traditional), Thai, Turkish, Arabic, Persian, Hebrew, or Greece.
Note: For connected external monitors; only English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Russian, and Portuguese are available.
Front Panel Controls with Variable Color Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons and a rotary-dial along the left edge of the screen. You can adjust the head unit's button illumination from the following preset colors - Blue, Purple, Sky Blue, Yellow, Green, Amber, Red, Pink, White or Scan (Scans through all preset colors). You can also select a custom "User" color that is adjusted between Red, Green, and Blue (values range: 0-31).
Note: The Eject and Kenwood logo remain red, regardless of variable color illumination setting.
Parking Brake Detection: To prevent the display of video while the vehicle is in motion, the light green wire (attached to the rear-chassis) must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. While the vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the other displays and menus.
Dimmer: The dimmer function will dim this unit's display and button illumination automatically when the vehicle light switch is turned On when you connect orange/white Illumination wire of this player's harness. You can also manually dim the unit's display and button illumination.
Security Indicator: The Security Indicator feature helps to protect the Kenwood DDX319 against theft. Turning this function "On" allows the security indicator light (red) on the front-panel of the head unit to flash when your vehicle's ignition is off.
2-DIN Chassis: The DDX319 has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as Double DIN or size DD), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets, or Euro-mounted using the supplied mounting sleeve.
Note: As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
Compatible Discs: The Kenwood DDX319 supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio, CD-Text, CD-R/RW, DTS-CD, and VCD discs.
Note: The unit has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier because there is no panel to slide or fold-down.
Dolby Digital/DTS: The DDX319 supports playback of Dolby Digital and DTS 2.0 DVD discs and will convert multi-channel Dolby Digital sources to 2-channel.
AAC/MP3/WMA Playback: This unit can play AAC (16-320 kbps), MP3 (32-320 kbps) and WMA (32-320 kbps) files recorded on CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, and DVD+R/W discs in ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, and Romeo formats. The head unit can recognize a total of 5,000 files and 250 folders per disc (a maximum of 999 filers per folder). During AAC/MP3/WMA playback, the unit displays song, artist, and album information (up to 50 characters). The unit supports ID3 Tag version 1.0, 1.1, 2.2, 2.3, and 2.4.
JPEG/MPEG Playback: This unit can play back JPEG (32 x 32 to 8192 x 7680) still image files recorded onto DVD-R/W, DVD+R/W, and CD-R/W discs. The unit also supports video playback of MPEG1 & MPEG2 (NTSC) video files recorded onto DVD-R/W and DVD+R/W discs.
Folder/Track List: The Folder/Track List allows you to search folders and audio/video/picture files stored on a disc.
Playback Screen: During DVD playback, you can control certain operations simply by touching an area of the screen. The touchscreen has 4 functions areas. You can touch the left of the screen to start the current chapter over, or the right of the screen to skip to the next chapter. Pressing the top center of the screen activates the DVD disc menu control buttons, while pressing the bottom center activates the source control screen.
Zoom: The DDX319 features a 3 level zoom when playing back video and still images.
Parental Control: Parental Control allows you to restrict DVD playback according to a predetermined level. You can select a parental control rating from 0-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password.
Auto Insert: The DVD player will automatically reinsert the disc if it's ejected, but not removed for 15 seconds or more.
USB Port: The Kenwood DDX319 features a front-panel Full-Speed 2.0 USB (type-A) port which enables playback of MP3 (32-320 kbps), WMA (32-320 kbps), and AAC (16-320 kbps) audio files; as well as JPEG (32 x 32 to 8192 x 7680) still-picture files stored on a USB Mass Storage Class device. The DDX319 also supports video playback of MPEG1/MPEG2 video files from a connected portable USB MSC device. The USB port is compatible with all USB mass storage class devices formatted in FAT16 or FAT32 file system. The head unit can recognize a total of 5,000 files and 250 folders per USB device (a maximum of 999 filers per folder). The unit will display any recorded song, artist, and album information stored on your connected USB device (up to 50 characters). Your USB device's rechargeable battery will be recharged while it is connected to the USB port (max. 1A) of the DDX319 and the unit is turned on.
iPod/iPhone Connectivity: The Kenwood DDX319 supports audio/video playback from select Apple iPods and iPhones.
- Audio/Video Playback: The Kenwood DDX319's front-panel USB (type-A) port and front-panel 3.5mm A/V AUX input allow you to connect your Apple iPod/iPhone using the Kenwood KCA-iP22F iPod cable (113KCIP22F, sold separately). The unit's USB port handles the control, metadata display, and charging of your iPod/iPhone. You can navigate through your music and video files using the head unit's touchscreen controls and view song and movie info on its display, while your iPod/iPhone charges. The 3.5mm AV input handles audio and video transfer from your iPod/iPhone to the Kenwood DDX319. By using the Auxiliary input, the music travels to the receiver as an analog signal, so you can even play the Digital-Rights-Protected files you've stored on your iPod/iPhone. The unit's front-panel AV input must be set to "iPod" in order to playback audio/video from your connected iPod/iPhone. Video can only be displayed while the vehicle is in park.
- Audio Only Playback: If you only want to playback audio from your iPod or iPhone, you can simply connect it to the DDX319's USB port using either the USB/iPod dock cable that came with your iPod/iPhone or Kenwood's iPod Direct Connect Cable (113KCIP102, sold separately). This 1-wire USB connection bypasses the iPod/iPhone's DAC and sound quality is maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal-to-Noise ratio up to 99dB. The unit's front-panel AV input must be set to "AV-IN2" in order to use the 1-wire USB connection. You will not be able to play Digital-Rights-Protected files.
Note: If you have an iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), or iPhone 5; use the Lighting-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect to the head unit. These Apple devices only support audio playback (no video output).
iPod Control: You can choose to control your connected iPod/iPhone from the head unit, from the iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen, or from select apps streamed to your iPhone.
- Head Unit Control Mode: The Kenwood head unit allows you to navigate your iPod's music library by Playlist, Artists, Album, Genre, Composer, Song, Podcast, or Audiobook. Your iPod's video library can be searched by Video Playlist, Movie, Music Video, TV Show, Video Podcast, Rented Movie, or iTunesU. You can then search each of these categories using the head unit's touchscreen slider function. The head unit also supports Repeat (track) & Random (album) playback functions of your connected iPod/iPhone.
- iPod/App Control Mode: The iPod/App control mode allows you to control stored audio/video content from your connected iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. This is very useful for the person riding in your passenger seat. The iPod/App mode also lets you listen to your favorite music apps, such as iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Last.fm, Rhapsody, & Slacker streamed to your iPhone (iOS 3.0+) through the Kenwood head unit and your vehicle's speakers. You can even watch video on the Kenwood DVD receiver's touchscreen from streaming movie apps, such as Netflix & YouTube, downloaded on your iPhone 4/4S (iOS 4.0+), via the Kenwood KCA-iP22F iPod cable (sold separately). The App Mode's video functions can only be accessed when the vehicle is in park and the hand-brake is fully engaged. Not all apps will be compatible with App Mode and App Mode will provide only limited (basic), if any, control over the app. Available controls may include - Play/Pause & Skip Previous/Next.
Note: Access to your iPhone's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
iPod/iPhone Display: The Kenwood DDX319 will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information when you are controlling your iPod or iPhone from the Kenwood multimedia head unit. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, and Album label. The unit will also display Album Art. If you choose to operate your connected iPod/iPhone in iPod/App Control Mode, the DDX319 will not display your iPod/iPhone's music information (the head unit will instead display 'iPhone App and iPod Control Mode + Parking Off').
iPod Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit does not charge the iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
Pandora App: Pandora is the leading Internet Radio music service in the United States, giving people music they love anytime, anywhere, through personalized radio stations. The free Pandora app lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Kenwood DDX319 using your connected Apple iPhone, via the Kenwood KCA-iP22F iPod cable (sold separately), or the USB/Dock cable supplied with your iPhone. To access Pandora you must have an Apple iPhone (iOS 3.0 or later) with the latest version of the Pandora application from Apple's iTunes App Store. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account. The DDX319 will provide control over the Pandora music service & display Artist, Album, & Song information (including Album Art).
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- QuickMix: QuickMix allows you to listen to songs played on one or more Pandora stations in your Station List randomly. You will need to edit your QuickMix station selections on the iPhone before connection.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada & only available in the United States.
Garmin App: In addition, with the Kenwood KCA-iP22F iPod cable (sold separately) you can view navigation maps and get audible/visual directions on the Kenwood DVD receiver's touchscreen, from the Garmin StreetPilot Onboard USA app ($49.99), when downloaded onto your connected iPhone 4/4S (iOS 4.0+). The Garmin StreetPilot Onboard USA app contains NAVTEQ map data for the United States (lower 49 states); with over a million POIs, turn-by turn directions, lane assist with junction view, traffic updates, and speed limit alerts. And because the map data is downloaded onto your iPhone and does not live on the network, wireless coverage is not required to navigate. Once you have selected your destination on your connected iPhone, your map route will be visible on the DDX319's touchscreen (even with parking brake disengaged) and turn-by-turn directions can be heard through your car stereo speakers. You will continue to use your iPhone's touchscreen to control the Garmin StreetPilot USA app. The screen of your iPhone and the screen of the Kenwood DDX319 will not be identical.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Kenwood DDX319 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 9/26/2012):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Pandora App||Garmin App||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||App Mode||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Music Control for Android Smartphone: The Kenwood Music Control app for Android organizes your Android smartphone's music, while providing quick and easy search capability from the Kenwood DVD receiver. The free Kenwood Music Control App for Android can be downloaded onto your Android smartphone from the Android Market place. Your Android smartphone must be running Android OS 2.2 or later. Once the app is downloaded and has a chance to organize all the stored music on your Android smartphone, you can connect your Android smartphone to the Kenwood DVD receiver via USB (your compatible Android smartphone must be recognized as a USB mass storage class device; not compatible with MTP protocol). The Kenwood Music Control app offers the following Android supported functions.
- Song Management: Music stored in your Android smartphone can be navigated from the Kenwood DVD receiver. Songs can be easily selected by searching for a Song title, Artist name, Album label, or Genre.
- Song Information Display: Song information such as Artist name, Song title, and Album label are displayed on the connected Kenwood DVD receiver.
- Mood Playlist: Playlists can be created by classifying songs into categories by type of mood. Songs are analyzed and classified into the following categories of moods - High Energy (Active/Powerful/Core), Acoustic (Detailed/Simple/Smooth/Easy), Standard (Dynamic/Rockin/Vivid), Stylistic (Cool/Urban/Trance)
- Intro Skip: This function allows you to choose and listen to only the hook-lines of songs stored in your Android smartphone.
Note: When the Kenwood Music Control app is first downloaded it will require some time to populate all the music, so we suggest doing this overnight.
Music Files Format Supported by Music Control app for Android:
|Codec||Extension||Bit Rate||Sampling Frequency|
|AAC||.aac, m4a||up to 160 kbps||8-48 kHz|
Firmware Updates (via USB): The unit's operating system is updateable via free downloadable software from Kenwood's support site. Firmware downloads assist in maintaining system performance when using external devices and emerging technologies. Firmware/software updates can be downloaded onto a USB thumbdrive from your computer and then inserted into the head unit's USB port and uploaded. Latest firmware updates are available at Kenwood's 2012 Multimedia Receiver Firmware Updater.
AM/FM Tuner: The Kenwood DDX319 features a built-in AM/FM tuner. You can choose one of three tuning modes: Auto 1 (seek tuning), Auto 2 (cycles through and tunes the selected band's preset stations only with each button press), or Manual.
Radio Data System (RDS): The unit's tuner features RDS (Radio Data System). RDS is a service used by some radio stations to transmit data outside of normal radio broadcast signals. When an RDS station is received, you can immediately find out what kind of data is being transmitted by looking at the program service name which appears in the display after the frequency. RDS features an emergency transmission function which interrupts regular programming to broadcast an emergency announcement (such as a tornado or severe storm). There is also a switchable Traffic Information function, which will automatically tune a traffic bulletin when it is broadcast, even when you're not listening to the radio.
Auto Memory Tuning: Not only does the multimedia receiver's tuner allow you manually enter your desired presets you can choose to have the unit automatically put stations with good reception in the memory banks automatically; this is a handy feature when traveling.
Mono Mode: This feature reduces the noise (static) when a stereo broadcast is received as monaural (for FM band only).
SiriusXM Ready: The Kenwood DDX319 comes ready for SiriusXM programming with access to XM and Sirius Satellite Radio stations. Thanks to its proprietary SiriusXM Connect port, you can add the optional SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner and receive more than 150 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the "SiriusXM All Access" package (subscription required). Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options and channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- Up to 24 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Supports the SiriusXM Instant Replay function, so you can pause, rewind, and replay up to 30 minutes of live content
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). If you already have a Sirius Satellite Radio subscription, this radio cannot be added as a discounted second unit. If you have an existing XM Satellite Radio subscription, you can add this unit as a discounted second unit.
24 Bit D/A Converter: The Kenwood DDX319 utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior CD sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Kenwood DDX319 is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the DDX319 are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels
6ch/4V Preamp Outputs: The DDX319 features front, rear and subwoofer 4.0-volt preamp outputs. The front and rear speaker preamp outputs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs are fixed to the rear chassis of the head unit.
Front & Rear High-Pass Filter: The DDX319 features an independent High-Pass Crossover for the front & rear channels when your front & rear speakers are connected by the unit's speaker-outputs or preamp-outputs. You can adjust the high-pass crossover from 'Through' (off), 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 150, 180, or 220 Hz. The "Through" selection is a full-range setting. This feature is very helpful when you have smaller-type speakers in the front and larger-type speakers installed in the rear of the vehicle.
Subwoofer Controls: The Kenwood DDX319 offers the following subwoofer controls, when you have the unit's subwoofer preamp output activated.
- Low Pass Filter: The receiver features a built-in Low Pass Filter control for the preamp-output, when the output is set to Subwoofer. You can select from 50, 60, 80, Hz, 100 Hz, 120 Hz, or 'Through' (off).
- Subwoofer Phase: You can adjust the phase of the subwoofer output between 180-degrees (Reverse) or 0-degrees (Normal).
- Subwoofer Level: Once the Subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can independently control the subwoofer preamp output level (-50 to +10) from the DVD receiver.
Speaker Type Setting: This feature tailors the DDX319 according to the type of front speakers in your vehicle. You may select Standard (for speakers with a general diameter), Narrow (for speakers with a small diameter), Middle (for speakers with a medium diameter), or Wide (for speakers with a large diameter).
Preset EQ: Eight EQ curves are preset into memory, allowing you to recall the best preset EQ curve for different types of music. Each preset has its own level settings for bass (100Hz), midrange (1kHz), and treble (12.5kHz). You can choose from the following preset EQ curves - Rock, Pops, Easy, Top 40, Jazz, Natural, Flat, and User.
EQ Pro: The DDX319 features independent Bass, Treble, and Midrange control when the Preset EQ is in User mode. EQ Pro allows you to adjust the following settings for the Bass, Treble and Mid frequency levels.
|Center Frequency||Q-Factor||Bass Extension||Level|
|Bass||40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 100, 120, or 150 Hz||1.00, 1.25, 1.50, or 2.00||On/Off||-8 to +8|
|Midrange||0.5k, 1.0k, 1.5k, or 2.0k Hz||1.00 or 2.00||N/A|
|Treble||10.0k, 12.5k, 15.0k, or 17.5k Hz||N/A||N/A|
Loudness: This function enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer lower volumes. There are 3 levels (LV1, LV2, or Off).
Source Tone Memory: This feature allows you to store System Q bass, middle and treble tone settings for each source (Disc, AM/FM, AV-IN1/2, USB, iPod, and Pandora).
Volume Offset: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another. The available settings range from -8 to 0 (-8 to +8 for Aux source).
Tel Mute: The DDX319 features a cell-phone mute wire (tan) in its harness that when hooked up to your car's phone system mute wire will automatically mute the receiver's audio signal when a call comes in.
Key Beep: The in-dash multimedia head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
Dual A/V Inputs: The Kenwood DDX319 DVD receiver is fitted with two audio/video inputs.
- Front Panel A/V (3.5mm) Input: The unit features a front-panel 3.5mm audio/video input on the front panel of the head unit for connecting a temporary external A/V source, such as a game console. This input also serves as the A/V input for your USB-connected iPod (using proprietary Kenwood cable).
- Rear Panel A/V (Composite) Input: The head unit also features a composite video/stereo audio RCA input on the rear panel for connecting a permanent external A/V source, such as a Blu-ray player or mobile ATSC tuner.
Camera Input: The unit features a composite video input for connecting an optional rear view camera, such as the Kenwood CMOS-200 (113CMOS200, sold separately). The video from this connection can be set to display when switched to this input, or display the rear view camera video automatically when the vehicle is shifted into Reverse gear. The purple/white wire (attached to the rear chassis) must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching. Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.5 seconds.
Note: Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
A/V Output: The unit features a composite video jack and 3.5mm audio jack to output A/V signals to an optional monitor and headphone system in the rear of your vehicle. You can select between a 16:9, 4:3 LB, or 4:3 PS Aspect Ratio for the unit's video output to match your connected monitor. The audio/video source which you can output to a separate monitor and headphone system depends on the current source that is being played back on the Kenwood DVD receiver.
|DVD Receiver Source||A/V Output Source|
|DVD||DVD, AV-IN1, AV-IN2, or Off|
|Tuner/SiriusXM (optional tuner required)||DVD, USB, iPod, AV-IN1, AV-IN2, or Off|
|USB||USB, AV-IN1, AV-IN2, or Off|
|iPod||iPod, AV-IN1, or Off|
|Pandora||AV-IN1, or Off|
|AV-IN1/AV-IN2||DVD, USB, iPod, AV-IN1, AV-IN2, or Off|
Note: The volume of the A/V output will be controlled by your rear entertainment system.
Optional Remote Control: The optional Kenwood KNA-RCDV331 IR wireless remote control (113RCDV331, sold separately) unit is designed to operate this Kenwood multimedia head unit. The wireless remote controller operates off of two supplied "AAA" batteries. The remote operates off of IR transmission so the KNA-RCDV331 must be pointed at the front-panel of your compatible Kenwood head unit within direct line of sight.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.