Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
DVD receiver (New Stock)
Our take on the Kenwood DDX370 by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
A DVD receiver for your digital world
Today's in-dash receivers do more than just play the radio and CDs. Case in point — Kenwood's DDX370 receiver offers compatibility with many of your iPhone® apps, extensive built-in iPod® controls, a bright 6.1" touchscreen, variable color illumination, and an easy-to-use menu interface. Another big plus — if you've got Garmin's impressive Street Pilot app loaded, you can display maps and directions on the DDX370's screen while you drive.
Compatible with SYNC®
Ford's SYNC system integrates phone functions, Bluetooth®, satellite radio, car telemetrics, climate controls, and other features into the stock audio system. Now you can keep those features when you install this Kenwood receiver, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module. That's the best of both worlds —great Kenwood sound and media options plus the advantages of a cutting-edge in-car information system.
The DDX370's WVGA touchscreen offers a bright, clear picture.
iPhone app control
In our increasingly cloud-based world, many of us don't limit our entertainment to downloaded media. Thanks to smartphones like the iPhone, we're connected to a wide range of streaming audio, video, and other services. The DDX370 gives you fingertip control over your Pandora® Internet radio stations when your iPhone's connected, and Kenwood's iPhone App Mode lets you stream video content from sources like Netflix and YouTube when your car's parked.
Play your favorite music
When your iPod's connected, you can view album art and browse through your playlists with a few swipes of your finger. Of course, the DDX370 plays all your CDs, DVDs, and recordable discs, plus you can plug a thumb drive loaded with hours of music into the receiver's USB input. This Kenwood also gives you a rear audio/video input for an outboard A/V source. And if you think that radio is "old school," add a SiriusXM tuner to this Kenwood and find out how entertaining satellite radio can be.
You can watch your favorite DVDs or iPod video on the built-in screen whenever you're parked. But if you're traveling, you can entertain your back seat passengers while you drive — just set them up with an external screen and wireless headphones and they can watch video content while you drive.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Kenwood stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and this Kenwood, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility.
Its an awesome system works great with my 2006 chevy impala
webber, Rochester, MI
What's in the Box:
- Double-DIN DVD receiver with built-in 6.1" monitor (10A fuse installed in chassis)
- Sleeve (attached)
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- 6.5' Parking brake wire (light green)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 6 Pan-head ISO-mount screws
- 6 Flat-head ISO-mount screws
- Instruction Manual (English)
- Instruction Manual (Spanish)
- Instruction Manual (French)
- Warranty card
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in internal amp (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 6.1" touchscreen with variable color button illumination
- Pandora control with iPhone
- iPhone App Mode with limited control of apps like Netflix and YouTube
- display function for Garmin "Streetpilot" navigation app for iPhone
- retains SYNC functions in select Ford vehicles with addition of iDatalink Maestro adapter and cable (requires use of SiriusXM port — simultaneous addition of Maestro adapter and satellite radio impossible in this model)
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Hands-on Research for full capabilities)
- 3-band parametric equalizer with 8 preset EQ curves
- high- and low-pass filters
- subwoofer controls
- speaker type setting
- iPod control: Kenwood cable required for full access to audio/video content
- works with SiriusXM tuner (not included)
- inputs: rear USB input, dual rear A/V inputs, rear-view camera input
- outputs: rear A/V output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Kenwood DDX370 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|AUX Input||3.5mm AV (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||3.5mm (R), Composite (R)|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power Output||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
6.1" Touchscreen Display: The Kenwood DDX370 features a fixed 6.1" wide, 16:9 touchscreen display with a TFT active matrix system. The screen has a resolution of 800 (H) x 480 (V) x RGB with 1,152,000 total pixels. This unit has touchscreen controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy.
- Aspect Ratio: You can change the aspect ratio for video playback. You can select from Full (16:9), Just (4:3 LB), Normal (4:3), or Auto (automatically selects to match incoming video signal)
- Picture Adjustment: You can adjust the unit's display brightness, contrast, color, tint, sharpness, and black level to suit your viewing needs during video playback.
- Custom Background Images: You can download a still image for use as the unit's background from a connected USB thumbdrive.
- Customized Top Menu: You can select and arrange which sources and icons display on the unit's Top Menu screen for easier, quicker access. Select the "ALL SRC" icon to see all sources at one time.
Multi-Language Display: For your convenience, this unit is equipped with a multiple language display. You can select the language which is best suited to your first language - English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Portuguese, Chinese (simplified/traditional), Thai, Turkish, Arabic, Persian, Hebrew, or Greek. For connected external monitors; only English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Russian, and Portuguese are available.
Parking Brake Detection: To prevent the display of video while the vehicle is in motion, the light green wire (attached to rear-chassis) must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. You cannot view video unless your vehicle's parking brake is engaged. If you attempt to view video without the parking brake engaged, the unit's LCD touchscreen will simply display a blue screen and "Parking Off". While your vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the head unit's menu screens/settings, source information, metadata, and album artwork.
Front-Panel Controls w/ Variable Color Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons and a rotary-dial along the left edge of the screen. You can adjust the head unit's button illumination from the following preset colors - Blue, Purple, Sky Blue, Yellow, Green, Amber, Red, Pink, White or Scan (Scans through all preset colors). You can also select a custom "User" color that is adjusted between Red, Green, and Blue (values range: 0-31). The Eject and Kenwood logo remain red, regardless of variable color illumination setting.
Dimmer: The dimmer function will dim this unit's display and button illumination automatically when the vehicle light switch is turned On when you connect orange/white Illumination wire of this player's harness. You can also manually dim the unit's display and button illumination.
Security Indicator: The Security Indicator feature helps to protect the Kenwood DDX370 against theft. Turning this function "On" allows the security indicator light (red) on the front-panel of the head unit to flash when your vehicle's ignition is off.
2-DIN Chassis: The DDX370 has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as Double DIN or size DD), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets, or Euro-mounted using the supplied mounting sleeve. As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
Compatible Discs: The unit has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier because there is no panel to slide or fold-down. The Kenwood DDX370 supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio, CD-Text, CD-R/RW, DTS-CD, and VCD discs. The unit supports MPEG-1/MPEG-2 video & JPEG files recorded on to CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW discs. It also supports playback of MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV music files loaded onto a CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, or DVD+R/RW disc.
USB Port: The Kenwood DDX370 features a rear-panel Full-Speed 2.0 USB type-A port (attached to the unit's rear-chassis by a 38" cable) for connection and control of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives. The USB port enables playback of MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV audio files; as well as JPEG still-picture files stored on a compatible USB memory device. The DDX370 also supports video playback of MPEG1/MPEG2 video files from a connected portable USB MSC device. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the DVD receiver's USB port (5V/1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
File Compatibility: The Kenwood DDX370 supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW)||USB|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, Romeo, Long File Name||FAT 16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3:
bit rate of 8-320kbps w/ sampling rates of 8-48kHz
WMA: bit rate of 5-320kbps w/ sampling rates of 8-48kHz
AAC: bit rate of 16-320kbps w/ sampling rates of 32-48kHz
WAV: bit rate of 16-bit w/ sampling rate of 44.1kHz
352x240 to 720x480 or 352x280 to720x576 (4.0Mbps)
MPEG-2: 352x240 to 720x480 or 352x280 to 720x576 (4.0Mbps)
|Photo||JPEG: 32x32 to 8192x7680 pixels|
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||250 folders/5,000 files (999 files per folder)|
|Tags||MP3 ID3-tags (ver. 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA-tags, AAC-tags, and WAV-tags|
Dolby Digital/DTS: The DDX370 supports playback of Dolby Digital and DTS 2.0 DVD discs and will convert multi-channel Dolby Digital sources to 2-channel.
Folder/Track List: The Folder/Track List allows you to search folders and audio/video/picture files stored on a disc.
Playback Screen: During DVD playback, you can control certain operations simply by touching an area of the screen. The touchscreen has 4 functions areas. You can touch the left of the screen to start the current chapter over, or the right of the screen to skip to the next chapter. Pressing the top center of the screen activates the DVD disc menu control buttons, while pressing the bottom center activates the source control screen.
Zoom: The DDX370 features a 3 level zoom when playing back video and still images.
Parental Control: Parental Control allows you to restrict DVD playback according to a predetermined level. You can select a parental control rating from 0-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password.
Auto Reload: The DVD player will automatically reinsert the disc if it's ejected, but not removed for 20 seconds or more.
Firmware Updates (via USB): The unit's operating system is updateable via free downloadable software from Kenwood's support site. Firmware downloads assist in maintaining system performance when using external devices and emerging technologies. Firmware/software updates can be downloaded onto a USB thumbdrive from your computer and then inserted into the head unit's USB port and uploaded. The tested unit contained firmware version G11.03.00. Go to Kenwood's Support Site for the latest firmware/software updates.
iPod/iPhone Connectivity: The Kenwood DDX370 supports audio/video playback from select Apple iPods and iPhones.
- Audio/Video Playback: The Kenwood DDX370's rear-panel USB (type-A) port and rear-panel 3.5mm A/V AUX input allow you to connect select Apple iPod/iPhones using the Kenwood KCA-IP202 iPod cable (113IP202, sold separately). The unit's USB port handles the control, metadata display, and charging of your iPod/iPhone. You can navigate through your music and video files using the head unit's touchscreen controls and view song and movie info on its display, while your iPod/iPhone charges. The 3.5mm AV input handles audio and video transfer from your iPod/iPhone to the Kenwood DDX370. By using the Auxiliary input, the music travels to the receiver as an analog signal, so you can even play the Digital-Rights-Protected files you've stored on your iPod/iPhone. The unit's rear-panel AV input must be set to "iPod" in order to playback audio/video from your connected iPod/iPhone. Video can only be displayed while the vehicle is in park.
- Audio Only Playback: If you only want to playback audio from your iPod or iPhone, you can simply connect it to the DDX370's USB port using either the USB/iPod dock cable that came with your iPod/iPhone or Kenwood's iPod Direct Connect Cable (113KCIP102, sold separately). This 1-wire USB connection bypasses the iPod/iPhone's DAC and sound quality is maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal-to-Noise ratio up to 99dB. The unit's rear-panel AV input must be set to "AV-IN2" in order to use the 1-wire USB connection. You will not be able to play Digital-Rights-Protected files.
Note: If you have an iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), or iPhone 5/5C/5S; use the Lighting-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect to the head unit. These Apple devices only support audio playback (no video output).
iPod Control: You can choose to control your connected iPod/iPhone from the head unit, from the iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen, or from select apps streamed to your iPhone.
- Head Unit Control Mode: The Kenwood head unit allows you to navigate your iPod's music library by Playlist, Artists, Album, Genre, Composer, Song, Podcast, or Audiobook. Your iPod's video library can be searched by Video Playlist, Movie, Music Video, TV Show, Video Podcast, Rented Movie, or iTunesU. You can then search each of these categories using the head unit's touchscreen slider function (categories will be listed in alphabetical order). The head unit also supports Repeat (track) & Random (album) playback functions of your connected iPod/iPhone.
- iPod/App Control Mode: The iPod/App control mode allows you to control stored audio/video content from your connected iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. This is very useful for the person riding in your passenger seat. The iPod/App mode also lets you listen to your favorite music apps, such as iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Last.fm, Rhapsody, & Slacker streamed to your iPhone (iOS 3.0+) through the Kenwood head unit and your vehicle's speakers. You can even watch video on the Kenwood DVD receiver's touchscreen from streaming movie apps, such as Netflix & YouTube, downloaded on your iPhone 4/4S (iOS 4.0+), via the Kenwood KCA-IP202 iPod cable (sold separately). The App Mode's video functions can only be accessed when the vehicle is in park and the hand-brake is fully engaged. Not all apps will be compatible with App Mode and App Mode will provide only limited (basic), if any, control over the app. Available controls may include - Play/Pause & Skip Previous/Next.
Note: Access to your iPhone's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
iPod/iPhone Display: The Kenwood DDX370 will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information when you are controlling your iPod or iPhone from the Kenwood multimedia head unit. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, and Album label. The unit will also display Album Art. If you choose to operate your connected iPod/iPhone in iPod/App Control Mode, the DDX370 will not display your iPod/iPhone's music information (the head unit will instead display 'iPhone App and iPod Control Mode + Parking Off').
iPod Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit does not charge the iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
Garmin App: In addition, the optional KCA-IP202 iPod cable allows you to view navigation maps and get audible/visual directions on the DDX370's touchscreen, when the Garmin StreetPilot Onboard USA app ($49.99), and the Vehicle Display Integration in-app option ($49.99) are both downloaded to your connected iPhone (4/4S) or iPad (1/2/3); running iOS 5.1 or later. The Garmin StreetPilot Onboard USA app contains NAVTEQ map data for the United States (lower 49 states); with over a million POIs, turn-by turn directions, lane assist with junction view, traffic updates, and speed limit alerts. Because the map data is downloaded onto your iPhone and does not live on the network, wireless coverage is not required to navigate. Once you have selected your destination on your connected iPhone, your map route will be visible on the DDX370's touchscreen (even with parking brake disengaged) and turn-by-turn directions can be heard through your car stereo speakers. You will continue to use your iPhone's touchscreen to control the Garmin StreetPilot USA app. The screen of your iPhone and the screen of the Kenwood DDX370 may not be identical.
Note: A Garmin StreetPilot Onboard app with North American maps (US, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, USVI, and more) is also available for $59.99.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Kenwood DDX370 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 9/24/2013):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Specific Apps||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/App||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art||Pandora App||Garmin App|
- *If you have an iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), iPhone 5/5C/5S, iPad 4, or iPad mini; use the Lighting-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect to the head unit. These Apple devices only support audio playback (no video output).
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
AM/FM Tuner: The Kenwood DDX370 features a built-in AM/FM tuner. The unit's tuner features RDS (Radio Data System). RDS is a service used by some radio stations to transmit data outside of normal radio broadcast signals. When an RDS station is received, you can immediately find out what kind of data is being transmitted by looking at the program service name which appears in the display after the frequency. RDS features an emergency transmission function which interrupts regular programming to broadcast an emergency announcement (such as a tornado or severe storm). There is also a switchable Traffic Information function, which will automatically tune a traffic bulletin when it is broadcast, even when you're not listening to the radio.
- Seek Modes: You can choose one of three tuning modes: Auto 1 (seek tuning), Auto 2 (cycles through and tunes the selected band's preset stations only with each button press), or Manual.
- Presets: Not only does the multimedia receiver's tuner allow you manually enter your desired presets you can choose to have the unit automatically put stations with good reception in the memory banks automatically; this is a handy feature when traveling.
- Mono Mode: This feature reduces the noise (static) when a stereo broadcast is received as monaural (for FM band only).
Pandora App: Pandora is the leading Internet Radio music service in the United States, giving people music they love anytime, anywhere, through personalized radio stations. The free Pandora app lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Kenwood DDX370 using your connected Apple iPhone, via the Kenwood KCA-IP202 iPod cable (sold separately), or the USB cable supplied with your iPhone. To access Pandora you must have an Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0 or later) with the latest version of the Pandora application from Apple's iTunes App Store. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account. The DDX370 will provide control over the Pandora music service & display Artist, Album, & Song information (including Album Art).
- Station/Genre List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z). You can also select from Pandora's Genre Stations.
- Create New Station: New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing on Pandora.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada & only available in the United States.
SiriusXM Ready: The Kenwood DDX370 comes ready for SiriusXM programming with access to XM and Sirius Satellite Radio stations. Thanks to its proprietary SiriusXM Connect port, you can add the optional SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner and receive more than 150 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the "SiriusXM All Access" package (subscription required). Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options and channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- Up to 24 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Supports the SiriusXM Instant Replay function, so you can pause, rewind, and replay up to 30 minutes of live content
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
24 Bit D/A Converter: The Kenwood DDX370 utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Kenwood DDX370 is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the DDX370 are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels
6ch/4V Preamp Outputs: The DDX370 features front, rear and subwoofer 4.0-volt preamp outputs. The front and rear speaker preamp outputs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs are fixed to the rear chassis of the head unit.
Front & Rear High-Pass Filter: The DDX370 features an independent High-Pass Crossover for the front & rear channels when your front & rear speakers are connected by the unit's speaker-outputs or preamp-outputs. You can adjust the high-pass crossover from 'Through' (off), 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 150, 180, or 220 Hz. The "Through" selection is a full-range setting. This feature is very helpful when you have smaller-type speakers in the front and larger-type speakers installed in the rear of the vehicle.
Subwoofer Controls: The Kenwood DDX370 offers the following subwoofer controls, when you have the unit's subwoofer preamp output activated.
- Low Pass Filter: The receiver features a built-in Low Pass Filter control for the preamp-output, when the output is set to Subwoofer. You can select from 50, 60, 80, Hz, 100 Hz, 120 Hz, or 'Through' (off).
- Subwoofer Phase: You can adjust the phase of the subwoofer output between 180-degrees (Reverse) or 0-degrees (Normal).
- Subwoofer Level: Once the Subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can independently control the subwoofer preamp output level (-50 to +10) from the DVD receiver.
Speaker Type Setting: This feature tailors the DDX370 according to the type of front speakers in your vehicle. You may select Standard (for speakers with a general diameter), Narrow (for speakers with a small diameter), Middle (for speakers with a medium diameter), or Wide (for speakers with a large diameter).
Preset EQ: Eight EQ curves are preset into memory, allowing you to recall the best preset EQ curve for different types of music. Each preset has its own level settings for bass (100Hz), midrange (1kHz), and treble (12.5kHz). You can choose from the following preset EQ curves - Rock, Pops, Easy, Top 40, Jazz, Natural, Flat, and User.
EQ Pro: The DDX370 features independent Bass, Treble, and Midrange control when the Preset EQ is in User mode. EQ Pro allows you to adjust the following settings for the Bass, Treble and Mid frequency levels.
|Center Frequency||Q-Factor||Bass Extension||Level|
|Bass||40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 100, 120, or 150 Hz||1.00, 1.25, 1.50, or 2.00||On/Off||-8 to +8|
|Midrange||0.5k, 1.0k, 1.5k, or 2.0k Hz||1.00 or 2.00||N/A|
|Treble||10.0k, 12.5k, 15.0k, or 17.5k Hz||N/A||N/A|
Note: You can store bass, middle and treble tone settings for each source (Disc, Tuner, AV, USB, iPod, and Pandora).
Loudness: This function enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer lower volumes.
Volume Offset: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another. The available settings range from -8 to 0 (-8 to +8 for Aux source).
Dynamic Range: The dynamic range can be adjusted by selecting either Normal, Wide or Dialog. Dialog makes the total sound volume become larger as compared with Wide and Normal, allowing you to listen to the movie's dialogue more clearly. This is effective only on Dolby Digital software.
Key Beep: The in-dash multimedia head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
Dual A/V Inputs: The Kenwood DDX370 DVD receiver is fitted with two audio/video inputs. The unit features a rear-panel 3.5mm audio/video input for connecting an external game console or portable MP3 player. This input also serves as the A/V input for your USB-connected iPod (using proprietary Kenwood cable). The head unit also features a composite video/stereo audio RCA input on the rear-panel for connecting an external A/V source, such as a Blu-ray player or mobile ATSC tuner.
Camera Input: The unit features a composite video input for connecting an optional rear view camera, such as the Kenwood CMOS-210 (113CMOS210, sold separately). The video from this connection can be set to display when switched to this input, or display the rear view camera video automatically when the vehicle is shifted into Reverse gear. The purple/white wire (attached to the rear chassis) must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching. Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.5 seconds. Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
A/V Output: The unit features a composite video jack and 3.5mm audio jack to output A/V signals to an optional monitor and headphone system in the rear of your vehicle. You can select between a 16:9, 4:3 LB, or 4:3 PS Aspect Ratio for the unit's video output to match your connected monitor. The audio/video source which you can output to a separate monitor and headphone system depends on the current source that is being played back on the Kenwood DVD receiver.
|DVD Receiver Source||A/V Output Source|
|DVD||DVD, AV-IN1, AV-IN2, or Off|
|Tuner/SiriusXM (optional tuner required)||DVD, USB, iPod, AV-IN1, AV-IN2, or Off|
|USB||USB, AV-IN1, AV-IN2, or Off|
|iPod||iPod, AV-IN1, or Off|
|Pandora||AV-IN1, or Off|
|AV-IN1/AV-IN2||DVD, USB, iPod, AV-IN1, AV-IN2, or Off|
Note: The volume of the A/V output will be controlled by your rear entertainment system.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Ford SYNC Compatible: The DDX370 is compatible with a web programmable module from Automotive Data Solutions (ADS) that will permit the aftermarket Kenwood head unit to work with select Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles that feature the factory SYNC system. This ADS iDatalink Maestro module (794ADSMRR, sold separately); lets Ford owners replace their factory radio and retain the OEM Sync voice control, steering wheel controls, hands-free Bluetooth, and USB interface. They can also keep the hands-free mic that comes with the car (which may be tuned to the particular vehicle). he iDatalink Maestro RR requires the use of the iDatalink Maestro ADS-HRN(SR)-FOR01 installation harness (794HRNSRF1, sold separately) and the iDatalink Maestro ADS-HRN(SX)-ALL01 cable (794HRNSXA1, sold separately). The iDatalink Maestro module must first be connected to your computer via USB and flashed with (SR)-FO01-DS firmware, before connection between your Ford vehicle and the Kenwood head unit. The DDX370 also features an OEM Setup menu that must be configured before operation.
Note: When using the iDatalink Maestro RR to install the DDX370, you cannot add the aftermarket SXV200 SiriusXM Connect tuner (sold separately).
Optional Remote Control: The optional Kenwood KNA-RCDV331 IR wireless remote control (113RCDV331, sold separately) unit is designed to operate this Kenwood multimedia head unit. The wireless remote controller operates off of two supplied "AAA" batteries. The remote operates off of IR transmission so the KNA-RCDV331 must be pointed at the front-panel of your compatible Kenwood head unit within direct line of sight.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Product reviews from the Crutchfield Labs
5 questions already asked
Steering wheel controls work great, I've had no issues with mine what so ever. As far as the USB port goes, you can only hook up one device at a time, and if you plan on using an iPhone/iPod it's worth the money to buy the optional iPhone/iPod cable [ CRAIG Jan 30, 2014 ]
if you have an Iphone 5 you cant unless you just want to use it for music..then you sust use a headphone/rca cable...if you have an Iphone 3 or 4 you hook it up to the usb jack on back...Iphone 5 doesn't have a data plug that works yet [ LAWRENCE Jan 26, 2014 ]
I connect through the front USB port. It don't have Bluetooth but I still can hear calls through the speakers. Very nice unit. Have no problems so far. I recommend this unit if you don't need Bluetooth. Very pleased with this one. Kenwood always nails it. [ JASON Jan 26, 2014 ]
Yes, it has an input for it. [ THOMAS Dec 17, 2013 ]
yes [ BRANDON Dec 17, 2013 ]
yes youll be able to use your aux cord or a usb cord. it being in the rear of the unit means just that, once the unit is installed you wont be able to easily access the ports for those two inputs. All this means is that when installing the unit or having someone install it for you is that you will have the route the aux or usb cable from the back of the unit to somewhere easy to access, like the center console or glove box so youll be able to plug our accessory in. [ PAUL Dec 15, 2013 ]
Yes you can it is jst in the back so make sure you plug it in before you finish installing. [ DOMINIQUE Dec 15, 2013 ]
It means that you will have to run an extension USB cable (supplied in the kit) from the rear of the receiver to some convenient location on your car dashboard or center console. You will need to do the same for the aux input . You can purchase a separate mounting kit for the USB cable if you don't have a convenient location in the dash. [ DON Dec 15, 2013 ]
it means they are in the back of the unit. when you get it installed make sure they run a cable to a convenient place for you to hook up your stuff. I would recommend in your center console glove box. [ DERRICK Dec 15, 2013 ]
Yes, you will be able to use them. All that means is that to hook up your aux cable and or USB, it is located in the back of the head unit. [ BRYSON Dec 15, 2013 ]
They are behind the radio not out front so you'd have to plug them in the back and run the wires somewhere out of your dashboard [ NATHAN E Dec 15, 2013 ]
Would this unit work off yourgalaxy 4s [ Jose Dec 21, 2013 ]
Does this radio have blue tooth [ David Dec 06, 2013 ]
Unfortunately, this will not work. The receiver will not have the needed drivers to handle the USB Bluetooth adapter. However, we do offer a wide range of receivers with built-in Bluetooth. Feel free to reach out to an Advisor by phone or chat for further details. [ Jeff Dec 04, 2013 ] Staff