Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Our take on the Kenwood DNX7190HD by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Go with the big screen
Step up to Kenwood's largest screen with the DNX7190HD navigation receiver, whose 6.95" touchscreen is your portal to a Garmin navigation system, plus a wide array of entertainment options.
Fast, accurate navigation
Kenwood's upped their game with the 2012 in-dash navigation receiver lineup. A super-fast processor combines with Garmin navigation software to bring you maps with impressive speed, and the DNX7190HD uses NAVTEQ's traffic info to ensure that you've got up-to-the-minute data at your command. The receiver provides automatic rerouting around congestion and road closures in many major metro areas. And in areas that aren't covered, it uses historical traffic data to calculate the fastest routes. You'll see Photo Real junction views on the big screen, so you'll know exactly what to look for with upcoming intersections.
Apps connectivity for iPhone®, Android, and Blackberry
With the addition of Kenwood's audio/video cable (not included), you can connect your iPhone to the DNX7190HD and control your PANDORA stations from the receiver's touchscreen, with stations and ratings right at your fingertips.
Android or Blackberry users are covered, too. You can enjoy Pandora® control through the receiver's Bluetooth® features. The DNX7190HD supports the Serial Port Profile (SPP), which means you can use the receiver's interface to control Pandora® when your compatible Android or Blackberry device is linked up.
Bluetooth for safer driving
The built-in Bluetooth also supports hands-free calling — when a call comes in, you'll answer with one tap of your finger and talk to callers as if they're in the car.
HD Radio reception
An HD Radio™ tuner lets you enjoy much-improved AM/FM sound quality when you're tuned into local participating stations. And there's no subscription fees for HD Radio — just tune it in like a regular radio station.
More audio and video options
You can plug your iPod® or a thumb drive into the rear USB port, and this receiver will also play all your CDs and DVDs, including discs loaded with music files. The rear A/V input offers a connection for any other audio/video sources. You'll have a wide range of soundshaping tools at your disposal, including a 7-band equalizer with 8 preset tone settings.
The high-resolution VGA screen is perfect for viewing video from DVDs or other sources when you're parked. You can tap into video content on your iPod or iPhone with the help of an iPod cable (not included). When you're on the road, you can play movies through a rear-seat monitor for your passengers, while the dual-zone control lets you listen to a different source in the front.
Expand your system
For a wide variety of news, sports, talk, and music, you can hook up a satellite radio tuner to the receiver and enjoy SiriusXM programming. You can also plug in a rear-view camera to help you navigate in tight parking lots. If you're putting together a full audio system, the receiver's three sets of 4-volt preamp outputs will send your outboard amplifiers a high-quality, low-noise signal.
Good news for SYNC users
iDatalink's Maestro module allows you to install a super-fast Kenwood navigation receiver while keeping your factory-installed Ford SYNC features intact. You'll get to keep your voice commands, factory Bluetooth®, satellite radio, iPod® control, and steering wheel audio controls. The package integrates all these factory systems with your new Kenwood receiver, even optional SYNC features like 911 Assist.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Kenwood stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Kenwood, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.
Note: Bluetooth compatibility of this device may vary, depending on your phone and service provider.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
Awesome deck. Excellent sound and lots of adjustments, kicks my old Alpines ass.
Joe G., New Britain, CT
What's in the Box:
- Double-DIN DVD/Navigation receiver with built-in 6.95" monitor (15A fuse installed in chassis)
- Sleeve (attached)
- 2 Trim rings
- Wiring harness
- AV input/output harness
- GPS antenna (with attached 16.5' cable terminated by a proprietary connector)
- Self-adhesive magnetic base
- Remote control (RC-DV331)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Microphone with integrated bracketed (attached 10' cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 6 Pan-head ISO-mount screws
- 6 Flat-head ISO-mount screws
- Two-sided tape
- Instruction Manual CD-ROM
- Quick Start Guide (Eng/Spa)
- Quick Start Guide (Fre)
- Warranty Card
- DVD/CD player with AM/FM tuner
- built-in Garmin navigation system with free traffic services
- built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- motorized 6.95" touchscreen
- animated display with multiple GUI
- Pandora control for iPhone, Android, and Blackberry
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming (with Serial Port Profile)
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- Ford SYNC integration with optional adapter
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- remote control
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- 7-band EQ
- digital time alignment
- high- and low-pass filters
- dual-zone output
- iPod control: Kenwood cable required for full access to audio/video content
- works with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB input, two rear A/V inputs, rear-view camera input
- outputs: A/V output; 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Kenwood DNX7190HD Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Audio/video Input||3.5mm (R), Composite (R)|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power Output||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
Motorized Touchscreen Display (w/ Flick Scrolling): The Kenwood DNX7190 features a motorized 6.95" wide, 16:9 touchscreen display with a TFT active matrix system and LED backlighting. The screen has a resolution of 800 (H) x 480 (V) x RGB with 1,152,000 total pixels. This unit has touchscreen controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy. You can scroll screen lists by simply flicking the screen up/down, or scroll screen pages by simply flicking the screen right/left. The Reverse Tilt Monitor not only allows the bottom of the monitor to be tilted upward at five different positions, but also enables the top of the monitor to be tilted outward to eliminate reflected glare.
- Aspect Ratio: You can change the aspect ratio for video playback. You can select from Full (16:9), Just (4:3 LB), or Normal (4:3), or Auto (automatically selects to match incoming video signal)
- Picture Adjustment: You can adjust the unit's display brightness, contrast, color, tint, sharpness, and black level to suit your viewing needs during video playback.
- Custom Background Images: You can download a still image (800 x 600) for use as the unit's background from a connected USB thumbdrive.
- Customized Top Menu: You can register up to 3 of your favorite sources (Navigation, Disc, HD Radio, USB, iPod, Pandora, Bluetooth Telephone, Bluetooth Audio, SiriusXM, Video, Audio, Setup, or Standby) as the unit's Top Menu screen for easier, quicker access.
Start Up Time: The Kenwood DNX7190 has a start up time of approximately 29.5 seconds from Off to the "Warning" screen. Once the "Warning" screen appears, you can tap the "Agree" button on the head unit's touchscreen to go instantly to the Navigation screen or press the "Menu" hard-key to access the Source menu.
Multi-Language Display: For your convenience, this unit is equipped with a multiple language display. You can select the language which is best suited to your first language - English, French, Spanish, or Portuguese.
Split Screen AV Control: The DNX7190's screen views can be easily toggled from one to another simply be touching the screen or appropriate button. The Split Screen AV Control mode divides the screen into two screens, with navigation on the left and a control window on the right. With this Picture-in-Picture type function the head unit can now display the navigation and source screens (or rear-view camera) simultaneously.
Front-Panel Controls w/ Variable Color Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons and a rotary-dial along the left edge of the screen. You can adjust the head unit's button illumination from the following preset colors - Blue, Purple, Sky Blue, Aqua, Yellow, Green, Amber, Red, Pink, White or Scan (Scans through all preset colors). You can also select a custom "User" color that is adjusted between Red, Green, and Blue (values range: 0-31). You can save up to 3 custom color presets. The Eject and Kenwood logo remain red, regardless of variable color illumination setting.
Parking Brake Detection: To prevent the display of video while the vehicle is in motion, the light green wire (within 22-pin harness) must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. You cannot view video unless your vehicle's parking brake is engaged. If you attempt to view video without the parking brake engaged, the unit's LCD touchscreen will simply display a blue screen and "Parking Off". While your vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the head unit's menu screens/settings, source information, metadata, album artwork, and the navigation on-screen map.
Dimmer: The dimmer function will dim this unit's display automatically when the vehicle light switch is turned On when you connect orange/white Illumination wire of this player's harness. You can also manually dim the unit's touchscreen and button illumination.
Security Indicator: The Security Indicator feature helps to protect the Kenwood DNX7190 against theft. Turning this function "On" allows the security indicator light on the front-panel of the head unit to flash when your vehicle's ignition is off.
2-DIN Chassis: The DNX7190 has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as Double DIN or size DD), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets, or Euro-mounted using the supplied mounting sleeve. As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
Garmin/NAVTEQ Navigation: With built-in Garmin navigation software and NAVTEQ map data (CN North America NT 2012.20), the Kenwood DNX7190 features on-screen maps of the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico - which includes over 6 million Points of Interest. You can follow calculated on-screen routes to your destination using the head unit's built-in navigation software. As you travel, the DNX7190's navigation system guides you to your destination with audible & visual guidance.
Note: Car navigation maps are frequently updated. While this database was judged to be as accurate as possible at the time of its release, a map database can never be 100% accurate. Road information that is maintained in the map databases, such as turn restrictions or road names may change over time.
Software/Map Data Updates: When the preloaded maps are considered out of date, the DNX7190 will provide periodic notification at startup. Garmin software and map updates can be downloaded as required, via a SD memory card. To find a software or map update, please go to www.garmin.com/kenwood. The unit's SD-card slot is located behind the motorized touchscreen monitor. The SD-card slot is only used for software and map updates. It cannot be used for playback of media files from an SD memory card.
GPS Receiver/Antenna: The Kenwood DNX7190 employs a high-sensitivity GPS receiver that is forgiving of less than optimal antenna placement, giving you additional placement options. The included GPS antenna features a magnetic base and an attached 16.5' cable terminated by a proprietary plug which connects to GPS-ANT input on the back of the head unit. The unit also comes supplied with a self-adhesive magnetic base if you are having trouble finding a flat metal surface to mount the antenna. The GPS antenna can be mounted inside the vehicle (on the dash) or outside the vehicle (on the roof or trunk). The GPS antenna measures 1.3125" (w) x 0.5625" (h) x 1.4375" (d). The self-adhesive magnetic base measure 2.0625" (w) x 2.0625" (d).
- Update Rate: 1/second, continuous
- Position Accuracy: <6 meters, typical
Note: The first time you turn on this unit, you must wait while the system acquires satellite signals for the first time. This process could take up to several minutes. Make sure your vehicle is outdoors in an open area away from tall building and trees for fastest acquisition. After the system acquires satellites for the first time, it will acquire satellites quickly each time thereafter.
On-Screen Map: As you travel, the DNX7190 guides you to your destination with voice prompts, arrows on the map, and directions at the top of the map. The upper-left corner indicates the distance to your next maneuver, If you depart from the original route, the navigation system recalculates the route and provides new directions. Your route is marked with a magenta line, while your vehicle is marked by a red arrow on the screen, and checkered flag marks your destination. You can adjust the following map settings:
- Map Detail: You can adjust the amount of detail shown on the map screen. More detail may cause the map to be slower.
- 2D/3D Map View: You can changes the perspective of the map from 2D North-Up (displays the map in 2 dimensions with North at the top), 2D Track-Up (displays the map in 2 dimensions with your direction of travel at the top of the screen), 3D Track-Up (displays the map in 3 dimensions with your direction of travel at the top of screen).
- Vehicle Type: You can change the icon (arrow, car, jeep, RV) used to display your position on the map.
- Color Mode: Select between Day (for a bright background), Night (for a black background) or Auto (to automatically switch between the two) for the on-screen map.
Text-To-Speech Voice Prompts: The unit's text-to-speech voices "read and speak" the same words that are displayed on the unit's screens. The voices have an extensive vocabulary and they pronounce the street names as you approach turns. Voice prompts can heard from both of your front speakers, only the left front speaker, or only the right front speaker. You can independently adjust the volume (0-35) of the voice prompts without affecting the main volume. The unit only offers English voice prompts in a male or female voice.
Note: You can continue to listen to your music source while navigating. The DNX7190 will mute the music source, when there is a text-to-speech voice prompt. Once the voice prompt has ended, your music volume will automatically raise to previous setting.
Lane Assist with Photo Real Junction View: The Lane Assist function guides you to the appropriate lane you should be in for upcoming junctions and interchanges, while Photo Real Junction View displays a realistic view of upcoming road details facilitating a safer navigation experience.
NAVTEQ Traffic: NAVTEQ Traffic receives traffic information that is broadcast over the FM Radio Data System. The free FM TMC subscription activates automatically after the navigation system acquires satellite signals while receiving traffic signals from the service provider. NAVTEQ Traffic provides real-time traffic data for over 90 major cities in North America, including the United States and Canada. If traffic is congested up ahead or there is a road closure, the navigation system will automatically re-navigate the route to show you how to get to your destination, quickly and easily. Alternatively, in manual mode, the system will add delay time to your trip so you can decide to avoid or continue on your current route. When the unit is receiving traffic information, a traffic icon appears in the upper-left corner of the Map page. The traffic icon changes color to indicate the severity of traffic conditions on your route or on the road you are currently traveling.
|Green||Low severity||Traffic is flowing normally|
|Yellow||Medium severity||Traffic slightly congested|
|Red||High Severity||Traffic is heavily congested or stopped|
|Gray||No data||Traffic data has not updated|
Note: NAVTEQ includes a lifetime service subscription. Because NAVTEQ traffic is subsidized by unobtrusive pop-up advertising there is no subscription fees.
Where Am I?: The "Where Am I?" feature gives you instant access to important information in case of an emergency. When you select "Where Am I?" from the menu, you get the coordinates (including elevation) of your current position, plus the nearest address and intersections. There are also menus to help you locate the nearest hospitals, police stations, gas stations, and roadside assistance. You can also save the location for future reference.
Where To? Screen: The Where To? screen provides several different categories for you to use when searching for addresses, cities, and other locations. The detailed map loaded in the navigation system also contains millions of points of interest to choose from.
|Browse Map||Allows you to search for a destination by touching and dragging the map.|
|Go Home||Store one home location to allow you to calculate a route home from any current location.|
|Address||Input your destination address by house number, street, and city.|
|Cities||Allows you to search by city's name.|
|Intersection||Allows you to search where to streets intersect.|
|Points-of-Interest||Allows you to search for over 6-millions points of interest in the following categories: Food, Fuel, Transit, Lodging, Shopping, Bank/ATM, Parking, Entertainment, Recreation, Attractions, Hospitals, Community, or Auto Services. The "Spell Name" feature allows you to enter a point of interest by name.|
|Favorites||You can save all of your favorite places in the navigation system, so you can quickly navigate to them later.|
|Routes||Allows you to select from previously created (custom) routes.|
|Recently Found||Choose from one of your 50 most recent destinations or waypoints.|
|Phone #||Allows you to search your destination by entering the place's phone number.|
|Coordinates||Allows you to search your destination by longitude and latitude values.|
|Extras||You can manually load custom points of interest (POI) databases, available from various companies on the Internet. Some custom POI databases contain alert information for points such as safety cameras and school zones. The navigation system can notify you when you approach one of these points (Proximity Alert). You can download the custom POIs onto a USB mass storage class device.|
Search Modes: The navigation system automatically searches for places near your current location. You can also choose to have the DNX7190 search for places in a different city, a recent destination, a favorite destination, projected destination, or along your current route.
Multiple Destination Routing (Via Points): You can add intermediate destination points (via points) to your routes as you create it. You can also add points to your route after its been created when you go to edit the route. You can program up to 500 via points for long trips.
Route Preference: Selects the preference for your calculation between Faster Time, Shorter Distance, Less Fuel, or Off Road.
Avoidance Setup: This feature allows you to enter specific areas and roads to avoid in your routes. You can choose to avoid U-Turns, Highways, Toll Roads, Traffic, Ferries, Carpool Lanes, or Unpaved Roads. You can also pick specific roads or areas to avoid.
Safe Mode: Safe Mode disables all navigation system functions when the vehicle's parking break is disengaged, that require significant operator attention and could become a distraction while driving. You will need to engage the parking brake to enter addresses or other advance navigation functions when you have the unit set to Safe Mode.
Turn Pages: The following pages help guide you along the turns of your calculated route.
- Turn-List: When you are navigating a route, the Turn List page displays turn-by-turn instructions for your entire route and the distance between turns.
- Next Turn: When you are navigating a route, the Next Turn page shows the turn on the map and the distance and time left before you reach the turn.
Trends: The DNX7190 has the ability to recall frequent destinations and historic traffic information to help calculate your route faster.
- myTrends: The myTrends feature senses when you are driving to a common destination and displays the destination and estimated time of travel in the navigation bar on the map. myTrends does not work when you first begin using your navigation system. To effectively use the myTrends feature, your frequent destinations must be marked as favorites, and a regular pattern of driving habits must be established with three days of regular driving usage.
- trafficTrends: When the trafficTrends feature is enabled, the navigation system uses historic traffic information to calculate more efficient routes. Different routes may be calculated based on traffic trends for the day of the week or based on the time of day.
Auto Reroute: If you happen to depart from your original route, the internal navigation system recalculates the route and provides new route instructions.
Detour: You can also select a specific area to detour around. The navigation system will attempt to get you back on your original route as quickly as possible, after calculating a detour. If the route you are currently taking is the only reasonable option, the DNX7190 might not calculate a detour.
Trip Log: The Trip Log creates a bread crumb trail (trip log) of your movement. At any time the entire track log can be displayed on the map. You can also reset the track log whenever you like.
Trip Computer: The trip computer shows current speed, current direction, distance to destination, total distance traveled, average speed (including stopped time), average speed while moving, maximum speed, total trip time, total moving time, and stopped time. You can reset just the maximum speed or reset the entire trip computer at once.
Speed Limit Icon: A speed limit icon may appear as you travel on major roadways. This icon displays the current speed limit of the roadway. The unit's speed limit icon feature is for information only and does not replace the driver's responsibility to abide by all posed speed limit signs and to use safe driving judgment at all times.
ecoRoute: The ecoRoute feature calculates your vehicle's fuel economy, carbon footprint, the fuel price of navigating to your destination, and offers tools for improving fuel efficiency. The first time you access the ecoRoute features, you will be asked to enter fuel and mileage information (Fuel Type, City Fuel MPG, HWY Fuel MPG, Fuel Price) about your vehicle.
- Fuel Report: If you have entered your vehicle profiles and the current fuel price, the DNX7190 calculates fuel used, the average fuel economy for your vehicle, your carbon footprint, and the cost of the fuel consumed.
- ecoChallenge Tool: The
ecoChallenge tool helps you maximize your fuel economy by scoring your
driving habits. The higher your overall score for a driving challenge, the
more fuel you could save. You overall score is the average of these 3
- Speed: gain points for driving at the best speed for conserving fuel, which is 45-60mph for most vehicles
- Acceleration: gain points for gradual acceleration; lose points for rapid acceleration
- Braking: gain points for gradual braking; lose points for hard braking
- Mileage Report: Mileage reports provide the distance, the time, the average fuel economy, and the fuel cost of navigation to a destination. A mileage report (up to 20) is created for every route that you drive. If you stop a route on your navigation system, a mileage report is created for the distance you traveled.
- Less Fuel Routes: The Less Fuel route is calculated based on speed limit and acceleration data.
Note: The data provide by the ecoRoute feature is only an estimate. The data is not actually read from your vehicle.
Tools: The DNX7190 offers tools you can use as you travel:
- World Clock: The world clock allows you to display the current time for four locations throughout the world. You can also display a map of the world showing which portions are in daylight and which are in darkness.
- Calculator: The calculator allows you to perform simple arithmetic.
Built-In HD Tuner: With its built-in HD Radio tuner, you can receive digital AM/FM broadcasts from local stations where available. HD Radio significantly improves AM/FM audio quality and reception, as well as includes information such as artist name and song titles or traffic news, viewable on the receiver's display. HD Radio Technology will deliver high-quality digital sound. AM digital will have FM-like quality in stereo (70dB SN @ 40-15kHz), while FM digital will have CD-like quality (70 dB SN @ 20-20kHz) with static free and clear reception. The unit's built-in HD Radio tuner allows analog AM/FM tuning as well.
- Seek Modes: You can choose one of three seek modes: Auto 1 (seek tuning), Auto 2 (cycles through and tunes the selected band's preset stations only with each button press), or Manual. You can also setup the DNX7190 to search only HD Radio stations.
- Tuner Presets: The DNX7190's tuner features 3 FM banks (1, 2, 3) and 1 AM bank for storing presets. The Kenwood DNX7190 offers two preset modes. You can store 6 presets for each AM/FM bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets (total of 24). Not only does the navigation receiver's tuner allow you manually enter your desired presets you can choose to have the unit automatically put stations with good reception in the memory banks automatically; this is a handy feature when traveling.
- Direct Access Tuning: You can directly access an AM/FM station by entering in the frequency number using the include wireless remote control.
- Multicasting: In addition to conventional broadcasts, with HD Radio broadcasting it is possible to choose from up to 3 multicast programs (HD1 to HD3, and analog).
- Station Text + Album Art: AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles. The DNX69900HD also supports Album Art from select HD Radio stations.
- iTunes Tagging: It is possible to save the song's information (tag) from and HD Radio broadcasting station to your USB-direct connected iPod/iPhone. The songs will show up in a playlist called "Tagged" in iTunes the next time you sync your iPod/iPhone. Then you can directly buy the songs you want from the iTunes Music Store. You can "tag" up to 50 songs.
Note: HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to HDRadio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
Pandora Internet Radio Control: The Kenwood DNX7190 lets you playback and control the Pandora Internet Radio music service that is being streamed to your Apple iPhone, Android smartphone, or BlackBerry. While providing control over the Pandora music service, the DNX7190 also displays Artist name, Album Art, and Song title. You can select Pandora stations from your station list; you can sort the station list by date or alphabetically (A-Z). You can also skip song tracks within a station. In addition, you can also give songs a thumbs up/down and bookmark songs/artists.
- Pandora App for iPhone: The Kenwood DNX7190 lets you playback and control Pandora Internet Radio streamed to your connected Apple iPhone, via the Kenwood KCA-iP202 USB/iPod connector cable (sold separately). To access Pandora you must have an Apple iPhone (iOS3 or later) with the latest version of the Pandora App from the Apple's iTunes App Store. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account.
- Pandora via Android or BlackBerry: The Kenwood DNX7190 also lets you playback and control Pandora Internet Radio streamed from your Android or BlackBerry smartphone, via Bluetooth (no hard-wired connection required). Your Android or BlackBerry smartphone must have the latest version of the Pandora App from the Android Market or the BlackBerry App World. Your Android or BlackBerry smartphone must also be Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP/SPP certified and will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. In addition, you will need an active Pandora music service account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
SiriusXM Ready: The Kenwood DNX7190 comes ready for SiriusXM programming with access to XM and Sirius Satellite Radio stations. Thanks to its proprietary SiriusXM Connect port, you can add the optional SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner and receive more than 150 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the " SiriusXM All Access" package (subscription required). Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options and channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Channel Logo, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- Up to 24 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Supports the SiriusXM Instant Replay function, so you can pause, rewind, and replay up to 30 minutes of live content
- GameAlert will display an on-screen message if your favorite teams' games are being broadcast
- Song/Artist Alert notifies when your favorite songs or artists are being broadcast on any SiriusXM station
- iTunes Tagging lets you 'tag' songs you hear on SiriusXM and stores the info on your iPod/iPhone (connected to your head unit via USB), so the next time you connect your iPod/iPhone to iTunes you will be able to preview your selections, purchase songs, and download them directly from iTunes
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). If you already have a Sirius Satellite Radio subscription, this radio cannot be added as a discounted second unit. If you have an existing XM Satellite Radio subscription, you can add this unit as a discounted second unit.
Compatible Discs: The touchscreen monitor electronically slides down for loading and ejecting discs. The Kenwood DNX7190 supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio, CD-Text, CD-R/RW, DTS-CD, and VCD discs. The unit supports MPEG-1/MPEG-2 video files recorded on to DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW discs. It also supports playback of MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV music files loaded onto a CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, or DVD+R/RW disc.
USB Port: The Kenwood DNX719V HDfeatures a rear-panel Full-Speed 2.0 USB type-A port (attached to the unit's rear-chassis by a 39" cable) for connection and control of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as your Android smartphone, portable digital audio player, or USB thumbdrive. The USB port enables playback of MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV audio files; as well as JPEG still-picture files stored on a compatible USB memory device. The DNX7190also supports video playback of MPEG1/MPEG2 video files from a connected portable USB MSC device. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the navigation receiver's USB port (5V/1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
File Compatibility: The Kenwood DNX719 VHDsupports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW)||USB|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, Romeo, Long File Name||FAT 16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3:
bit rate of 8-320kbps w/ sampling rates of 8-48kHz
WMA: bit rate of 5-320kbps w/ sampling rates of 8-48kHz
AAC: bit rate of 16-320kbps w/ sampling rates of 32-48kHz
WAV: bit rate of 16-bit w/ sampling rate of 44.1kHz
352x240 to 720x480 or 352x280 to720x576 (4.0Mbps)
MPEG-2: 352x240 to 720x480 or 352x280 to 720x576 (4.0Mbps)
|Photo||JPEG: 32x32 to 8192x7680 pixels|
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||250 folders/5,000 files (999 files per folder)|
|Tags||MP3 ID3-tags (ver. 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA-tags, AAC-tags, and WAV-tags|
Dolby Digital/DTS: The DNX7190 supports playback of Dolby Digital and DTS 2.0 DVD discs and will convert multi-channel Dolby Digital sources to 2-channel.
Folder/Track List: The Folder/Track List allows you to search folders and audio/video/picture files stored on a disc.
Playback Screen: During DVD playback, you can control certain operations simply by touching an area of the screen. The touchscreen has 4 functions areas. You can touch the left of the screen to start the current chapter over, or the right of the screen to skip to the next chapter. Pressing the top center of the screen activates the DVD disc menu control buttons, while pressing the bottom center activates the source control screen.
Zoom: The DNX7190 features a 3 level zoom when playing back video and still images.
Parental Control: Parental Control allows you to restrict DVD playback according to a predetermined level. You can select a parental control rating from 0-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password.
Firmware Updates (via USB): The unit's operating system is updateable via free downloadable software from Kenwood's support site. Firmware downloads assist in maintaining system performance when using external devices and emerging technologies. Firmware/software updates can be downloaded onto a USB thumbdrive from your computer and then inserted into the head unit's USB port and uploaded.
iPod/iPhone Connectivity: The Kenwood DNX7190's rear-panel USB (type-A) port and rear-panel 3.5mm AV-IN2 input allow you to connect your Apple iPod/iPhone using the Kenwood KCA-iP202 iPod cable (113KCIP202, sold separately). If you have an iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), or iPhone 5; you will also need the Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter (sold separately) in order to make connection with the Kenwood iPod cable. The unit's USB port handles the control, metadata display, and charging of your iPod/iPhone. You can navigate through your music and video files using the head unit's touchscreen controls and view song and movie info on its display, while your iPod/iPhone charges. The 3.5mm AV input handles audio and video transfer from your iPod/iPhone to the Kenwood DNX7190. By using the Auxiliary input, the music travels to the receiver as an analog signal, so you can even play the Digital-Rights-Protected files you've stored on your iPod/iPhone. The unit's rear-panel AV-IN2 input must be set to "iPod" in order to playback audio/video from your connected iPod/iPhone. Video can only be displayed while the vehicle is in park.
Note: The DNX7190 does not support the standard iPod/USB dock cable that comes with your iPod/iPhone.
iPod Control: You can choose to control your connected iPod/iPhone from the head unit, from the iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen, or from select apps streamed to your iPhone.
- Head Unit Control Mode: The Kenwood head unit allows you to navigate your iPod's music library by Playlist, Artists, Album, Genre, Composer, Song, Podcast, or Audiobook. Your iPod's video library can be searched by Video Playlist, Movie, Music Video, TV Show, Video Podcast, Rented Movie, or iTunesU. You can then search each of these categories alphabetically (A-Z) using the head unit's touchscreen slider function. You can even search your iPod's music library by Album Art and create a Favorite List, which contains an original playlist of your favorite 10 albums. In addition, the head unit offers Link Search, which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Search lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, a artist list of the currently playing genre, or a album list of currently playing composer. You can also select Random & Repeat functions for a certain song or specific folder.
- iPod/App Control Mode: The iPod/App control mode allows you to control stored audio/video content from your connected iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. This is very useful for the person riding in your passenger seat. The iPod/App mode also lets you listen to your favorite music apps, such as iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Last.fm, Rhapsody, & Slacker streamed to your iPhone (iOS 3.0+) through the Kenwood head unit and your vehicle's speakers. You can even watch video on the Kenwood Navigation receiver's touchscreen from streaming movie apps, such as Netflix & YouTube, downloaded on your iPhone 4/4S (iOS 4.0+). The App Mode's video functions can only be accessed when the vehicle is in park and the hand-brake is fully engaged. Not all apps will be compatible with App Mode and App Mode will provide only limited (basic), if any, control over the app. Available controls may include - Play/Pause & Skip Previous/Next.
Note: Access to your iPhone's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
iPod/iPhone Display: The Kenwood DNX7190 will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information when you are controlling your iPod or iPhone from the Kenwood multimedia head unit. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, and Album label. The unit will also display Album Art. If you choose to operate your connected iPod/iPhone in iPod/App Control Mode, the DNX7190 will not display your iPod/iPhone's music information (the head unit will instead display 'iPhone App Mode + Parking Off').
iPod Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit does not charge the iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Kenwood DNX7190 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features when used with the required Kenwood KCA-iP202 iPod cable (as of 9/26/2012):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||iTunes Tagging||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/App||Pandora||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art|
- *The iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), and iPhone 5 will require both the Kenwood KCA-iP202 iPod cable and the Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter (sold separately).
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Firmware Updates (via USB): The unit's operating system is updateable via free downloadable software from Kenwood's support site. Firmware downloads assist in maintaining system performance when using external devices and emerging technologies. Firmware/software updates can be downloaded onto a USB thumbdrive from your computer and then inserted into the head unit's USB port and uploaded. Go to Kenwood's Support Site for the latest firmware/software updates.
Bluetooth Technology (powered by Parrot): The Kenwood DNX7190 features built-in 2.4GHz Bluetooth technology (version 3.0) powered by Parrot. The Kenwood DNX7190's built-in Bluetooth technology promotes safe driving habits by allowing you to have a hands-free conversation while driving, without the need to hold a phone to your ear. Your Bluetooth enabled phone can be kept in your purse, pocket, or glovebox - while you communicate through the Kenwood navigation-multimedia receiver.
Bluetooth Profiles: In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. The DNX7190 is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), OPP (Object Push Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile), SYNC (Synchronization Profile)
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile)
- Pandora Control (via Android or BlackBerry): SPP (Serial Port Profile)
Pairing: Your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone must be paired with the DNX7190 before hands-free operation. You can register up to five Bluetooth enabled cell-phones with the Kenwood head unit (only one paired phone can be used at a time). Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Kenwood DNX7190. Visit http://www.kenwood.com/cs/ce/bt/index.php for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled phones.
External Microphone: The Kenwood DNX7190 includes an external microphone to carry on your side of your phone conversation and voice command dialing. The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. The external microphone features an attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone offers an integrated mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle's sun-visor or taped to your dash. The external microphone measures 0.525" (diameter) x 1.485" (depth). This unit does not offer an integrated front-panel microphone.
Bluetooth Hands-Free Communication: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The controls of the DNX7190 can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also features an external microphone (featuring adjustable gain), so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers. During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering a Call: When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker and the caller's name or phone number will be displayed. You can answer the call from the head unit's front-panel controls, or setup the head unit to automatically answer the incoming call immediately or after 1-99 seconds. The DNX7190 also supports the Call Waiting function, so you can answer another incoming call while suspending the current call you are on. Your compatible cell-phone must also support this feature.
- Dialing a Number: Using the DNX7190, you can dial a
phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: Allows you to directly dial a phone number up to 32 digits from the head unit's touchscreen. The vehicle's parking brake must be engaged to directly dial a number.
- Speed (Preset) Dialing: Allows you to register up to 6 phone numbers for quick dialing. The preset numbers can be accessed from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Phone Book: You can dial by using the downloaded phone book. You can download phone book data from your cell phone to the DNX7190. Up to 600 numbers can be stored for each registered cell phone. Each number can be up to 32 digits long and each name can be up to 50 characters long. You can sort your Phonebook alphabetically (A-Z) by the contact's name.
- Call Log: The Call Log is a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls.
- Voice Dialing: If your mobile phone supports voice recognition, then you can dial out by voice command. Simply speak into the included microphone.
- POI Dialing: From the navigation unit's POI search menu, you can select on a specific point-of-interest, and if it includes a phone #, you can dial the number simply by pressing the "Call" icon on the head unit's touchscreen.
Note: While your vehicle is moving, some Bluetooth hands-free communication functions are disable for safety reasons. The keys associated with the disabled functions become ineffective if touched. To access the function, the vehicle must be in Park with the parking brake engaged.
SMS (Short Message Service): You can wirelessly download an SMS arrived at your cell-phone so that it can be read on the Bluetooth connected Kenwood head unit. Up to 149 already read and unread short messages can be downloaded. You can reply to a SMS by using the head unit's touchscreen to enter alphanumeric text. There is a limited amount of text that can be downloaded or entered. Your cell-phone must support SMS via Bluetooth for this feature to function. Do not read incoming SMS or reply to SMS while driving.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Kenwood DNX7190 also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The DNX7190 will be able to control basic playback functions of your Bluetooth device's stored music; such as Play/Pause, Next/Previous Track, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Random/Repeat. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title. The DNX7190 also supports audio streaming of music apps (such as iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Last.fm, Rhapsody, & Slacker), but without control or metadata. You will continue to use your Bluetooth enabled smartphone to view and control streaming music apps. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Note: The iPhone 5 only offers Bluetooth audio streaming without control or metadata display.
Bluetooth Detailed Settings: The DNX7190 offers the following Bluetooth Detailed Settings, so you can configure the unit to suit your needs.
- Call Beep: You can choose to output a beep from your vehicle's speaker's when a call comes in, or you can turn this function off.
- Speaker Output: You can select whether the call beep/caller's voice and streaming audio is heard through only the front speakers or all speakers.
- Mic Level: Adjusts the volume of the external microphone.
- NR Level: Reduces the noises generated by the surrounding environment without changing the mic volume.
- EC Level: Adjusts the level of echo cancellation.
24 Bit D/A Converter: The Kenwood DNX7190 utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Kenwood DNX7190 is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the DNX7190 are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels
6ch/4V Preamp Outputs: The DNX7190 features front, rear and subwoofer 4.0-volt preamp outputs. The front and rear speaker preamp outputs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs are fixed to the rear chassis of the head unit.
Sound Excellence DSP (Digital Signal Processing): In order to optimize the sound quality, you can use the unit's Sound Excellence DSP to set the type of vehicle, speaker sizes, distances and x-over points. The DSP settings include the following:
- Car Type: Select your car type to automatically set the Delay Time of each speaker for timing adjustment of sound output of each channel to have the highest surround effect. Choose from Compact, Full Size Car, Wagon, Mini Van, Mini Van Long, SUV, or Off
- Listening Position: For a better sound-stage you can select your optimal listening position. You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right or Front. You can also select to manually fine tune the sound stage by selecting the distance for each individual speaker in the vehicle compared to your listening position.
- Digital Time Alignment (DTA): Choose from 0.00 to 20' (0.07' steps) for the Front pair of speakers, Rear pair of speakers and Subwoofer distances in reference to the distance between your listening positioning and the locations of the particular speakers.
- Speaker Location: You can set
the location of your vehicle's Front and Rear speakers.
- Front: Door, On Dash, or Under Dash
- Rear: Door, Rear Deck, 2nd Row, or 3rd Row
- Speaker Size: You can select the speaker
size for your Front and Rear speakers, as well as your subwoofer.
- Front: OEM, 4", 5", 6.5", 6.75", 4.75", 3.5", 7", 4x6", 5x7", 6x8", 6x9", or 7x10"
- Tweeter: On or Off
- Rear: None, OEM, 4", 5", 6.5", 6.75", 4.75", 3.5", 7", 4x6", 5x7", 6x8", 6x9", or 7x10"
- Subwoofer: None, 6.5", 8", 10", 12", or 15"+
- Elevation Level: You can virtually raise the sound position heard from your speakers. The Elevation Level can be set to High, Low, or Off.
- Space Enhancer: You can set the Space Enhancer to Small, Large, or Off. Each setting value indicates the soundscape level.
- X'Over: The head unit features
independent Front and Rear high-pass crossovers, as well as a subwoofer
- Front High Pass Filter: 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 120, 150, 180, 220, or 250 Hz; slope of -6, -12, -18, or -24 dB per octave (or select Full-Range)
- Rear High Pass Filter: 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 120, 150, 180, 220, or 250 Hz; slope of -6, -12, -18, or -24 dB per octave (or select Full-Range)
- Subwoofer Low Pass Filter: 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 120, 150, 180, 220, or 250 Hz; slope of -6, -12, -18, or -24 dB per octave (or Select Full-Range)
- Subwoofer Phase: Choose either Normal (0°) or Reverse (180°)
- Subwoofer Level: You can adjust the level of the unit's subwoofer preamp output from -50to +10dB.
Note: You can also choose to bypass the head unit's DSP feature.
Equalizer Control: Equalizer Control allows you to use one of the EQ presets, or set your own custom settings for the front and back speakers using the 7-band Equalizer. The EQ adjustments are as follows:
- EQ Presets: You can select from Flat, Natural, Rock, Pops, Easy, Top 40, Jazz, iPod (you can select from 22 EQ curve types within your iPod), or User (customized 7-band EQ).
- 7-Band EQ: 7-Band frequency adjustment (-9 to +9 dB) for Front & Rear speakers using the following center frequencies; 62.5Hz, 160Hz, 400Hz, 1kHz, 2.5kHz, 6.3khz, 16kHz.
Bass Boost: The DNX7190 features a four-step Bass Boost (Off/1/2/3) to enhance your music's lower frequencies.
Bass DC Extension: When turned on, frequencies lower than 6.25 Hz are set the same gain level as the unit's 7-Band EQ 62.5 Hz gain setting.
Loudness: This function enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer lower volumes.
Highway Sound: You can boost a certain range of sound that becomes hard to hear due to road noise. The Highway Sound level can be set to High, Low, or Off.
Volume Offset Control: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another. The available settings range from -15 to 0.
Dynamic Range Control: The dynamic range can be adjusted by selecting either Normal, Wide or Dialog. Dialog makes the total sound volume become larger as compared with Wide and Normal, allowing you to listen to the movie's dialogue more clearly. This is effective only on Dolby Digital software.
Source Tone Memory: This feature allows you to store EQ and tone settings for each source (Disc, AM/FM, AV-IN1/2, USB, iPod, Bluetooth Audio, and Pandora).
Key Beep: The in-dash navigation-multimedia head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
Dual AV Inputs: The unit features two rear-panel AV inputs for connecting external A/V sources. The unit is equipped with a 3.5mm AV input and a composite/stereo RCA AV input. You can label each AV Input.
- AV1 Input Label: Video1, DVD, VCD, VCR, Game, Aux, TV, or Navigation
- AV2 Input Label: iPod, Video2, DVD, VCD, VCR, Game, Aux, TV, or Navigation
A/V Output (with Dual Zone): The unit features a set of stereo RCA jacks and a composite video jack to output A/V signals to an optional monitor and headphone system. The unit's A/V output can be set to Disc, Video, iPod, or Off. You can adjust the volume of the 2nd Zone independently from 0 to 35. You can select between a 16:9, 4:3 LB, or 4:3 PS Aspect Ratio for the unit's video output to match your connected monitor. You cannot select iPod as the A/V Output source when you select Pandora as a main source in dual zone function.
Camera Input: The unit features a composite video input for connecting an optional rear view camera, such as the Kenwood CMOS-200 (113CMOS200, sold separately). The video from this connection can be set to display when switched to this input, or display the rear view camera video automatically when the vehicle is shifted into Reverse gear. The purple/white wire (in 22-pin harness) must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching. Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.5 seconds. You can manually set the touchscreen to display both the navigation map and back-up camera at the same time, when backing up. Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
Optional Multi-View Camera: By connecting the Kenwood CMOS-310 Universal Multi-View Camera (113CMOS310, sold separately), you gain the capability of turning parking guidelines on/off, as well as cycling through five different multi-views right from the touchscreen. You can also toggle between front & rear cameras when using two CMOS-310s simultaneously (second camera must be connected to the head unit's rear-panel AV input.
IR Remote Control: The included IR remote control (KNA-RCDV331) provides wireless operation over the Kenwood navigation head unit. The wireless remote controller operates off of two supplied "AAA" batteries. The remote operates off of IR transmission so the KNA-RCDV331 must be pointed at the front-panel of the Kenwood head unit within direct line of sight. The functions operated from the remote controller differ depending on the position of the mode switch located on the right side of the KNA-RCDV331. You can select from Audio, DVD, TV (not used), or Navigation mode.
- Audio: The Audio mode of the remote controller allows you to operate functions; such as Source switching, Volume, Dual Zone, HD Radio tuning, Bluetooth Audio, and iPod/USB playback.
- DVD: The DVD mode of the remote controller allows you to operate functions such as CD/DVD playback and file/track/folder searches.
- TV: TV mode is not used.
- Navigation: Navigation mode allows you to operate the unit's built-in navigation functions.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Ford SYNC Compatible: 2012 Kenwood navigation head units are compatible with a web programmable module due from Automotive Data Solutions (ADS) that will permit the aftermarket Kenwood navigation head unit to work with select Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles that feature the factory SYNC system. This ADS iDatalink Maestro module (sold separately...coming soon) lets Ford owners swap out their factory radio for a 2012 Kenwood navigation head unit; while retaining the OEM Sync voice control, steering wheel controls, hands-free Bluetooth, USB interface, and factory satellite radio. They can also keep the hands-free mic that comes with the car (which is specially tuned to that particular vehicle). The iDatalink Maestro module must first be connected to your computer via USB and programmed, before connection between your Ford vehicle and the Kenwood navigation head unit. The Kenwood navigation head unit also features an OEM Setup menu that must be configured before operation.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.