Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Our take on the Kenwood KDC-HD458U by Crutchfield's Dave Delamere
HD Radio for awesome sound
When you tune into a local HD Radio station on Kenwood's KDC-HD458U CD receiver, you'll hear FM that's close to CD quality or AM that comes in clear and static-free. And unlike satellite services, you'll pay no subscription fees. If your iPod's hooked up to the receiver's USB input, you can also tag songs that you hear on HD Radio, then buy them later online. And most participating stations send out secondary programming, giving you more choices when you're in the mood for radio.
One versatile USB port
The receiver's front-panel USB port allows you to access and control the music stored on your iPhone® or Android® phone. With your iPhone, you also have control over iHeartRadio® and Pandora® Internet radio stations. And the USB port can handle any MP3, WMA, or WAV music files stored on a thumb drive. Here's a cool feature from Kenwood — Drive Change allows you to connect a memory card reader or USB hub to the Kenwood's USB input and select music from up to five memory cards or USB flash drives.
You can change the color of your display to match your interior lighting.
The sound and the display
You can use the 3-band parametric equalizer to adjust the centerpoint of your treble, midrange, and bass controls. The low-pass frequency filter and phase control adjusts the bass going to your subwoofer, so you can adjust your bass from the front seat. You can also adjust the color of the display and buttons so this Kenwood looks right at home in your dash, while dust covers protect the CD slot, aux input, and USB port.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Kenwood stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and this Kenwood, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab to see a selection of compatible adapters.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
jgh, indio, CA
What's in the Box:
- CD receiver (10A fuse inserted in chassis)
- Face (attached)
- Trim ring (attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Wireless remote control (RC-406)
- CR2025 3V lithium-battery (installed in remote)
- 2 Removal tools
- Instruction Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Warranty Card
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA music files
- detachable face with 13-digit LCD display and variable color illumination
- dust covers for CD slot, auxiliary input, and USB port
- remote control
- System Q Sound Control (8 preset EQ curves and a 3-band parametric equalizer)
- low-pass filter and subwoofer phase control for sub preamp output
- Sound Reconstruction improves the sound of files encoded at lower bit rates
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control (see Details tab for model compatibility)
- Pandora and iHeartRadio control with iPhone
- Drive Change lets you select audio from multiple flash drives or memory cards in a connected USB hub or memory card reader
- inputs: front-panel auxiliary and USB input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2.5-volt front, rear, and subwoofer)
Other features and specs:
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Kenwood KDC-HD458U Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power Output||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||2.5 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
USB Port: The Kenwood KDC-HD458U features a front panel USB (type-A) port that is hidden behind a flip-up cover. The USB port enables connection and control of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives. The unit supports playback of MP3 (8-320 kbps), WMA (32-192 kbps), and WAV music files stored on a compatible USB memory device formatted with FAT12/16/32 file system. Your USB device should only have a maximum of 8 folder layers, 999 folders, and 999 files per folder - with a maximum of 20,480 files and folders. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: When a mass-storage class (MSC) compatible smartphone is connected to the head unit's USB input, the unit's Drive Change features lets you select its internal memory or external memory (such as an SD card) for stored music playback. The Drive Change feature also lets you switch between multiple memory cards (up to 5) in a USB multi-card reader or multiple USB thumbdrives (up to 5) connected to a USB hub.
Music Control for Android Smartphone: The Kenwood Music Control app for Android organizes your Android smartphone's music, while providing quick and easy search capability from the Kenwood CD receiver. The free Kenwood Music Control App for Android can be downloaded onto your Android smartphone from the Google Play App Store. Your Android smartphone must be running Android OS Froyo or Gingerbread (2.2+). Once the app is downloaded and has a chance to organize all the stored music on your Android smartphone, you can connect your Android smartphone to the Kenwood CD receiver via USB (your compatible Android smartphone must be recognized as a USB mass storage class device; not compatible with MTP protocol). The Kenwood Music Control app offers the following Android supported functions.
- Song Management: Music stored in your Android smartphone can be navigated from the Kenwood CD receiver. Songs can be easily selected by searching for a Song title, Artist name, Album label, or Genre.
- Song Information Display: Song information such as Artist name, Song title, and Album label are displayed on the connected Kenwood CD receiver.
- Mood Playlist: Playlists can be created by classifying songs into categories by type of mood. Songs are analyzed and classified into the following categories of moods - High Energy (Active/Powerful/Core), Acoustic (Detailed/Simple/Smooth/Easy), Standard (Dynamic/Rockin/Vivid), Stylistic (Cool/Urban/Trance)
- Intro Skip: This function allows you to choose and listen to only the hook-lines of songs stored in your Android smartphone.
Note: When the Kenwood Music Control app is first downloaded it will require some time to populate all the music, so we suggest doing this overnight.
Music Editor Compatible: The Kenwood KDC-HD458U supports the PC application, Kenwood Music Editor Lite Kenwood's Music Editor Lit (v1.1.0). Kenwood Music Editor Lite is a Windows-based desktop software that helps organize, manage and transfer MP3/WMA music files to your USB thumbdrive from your PC. When you playback audio files that have been stored on your USB thumbdrive using Kenwood Music Editor Lite through this unit, you can search a file by title, album, or artist name using the head unit's Music Search function. The Kenwood Music Editor Light (v1.1.0) Windows-based software can be downloaded for free from Kenwood's website to your PC. The Kenwood Music Editor Light is compatible with the following Windows Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Windows XP Professional, Home Edition SP2 or later (32-bit)
- Windows Vista (32/64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
- Windows 8
Note: Not compatible with Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Zune, or Android
Aux In: The unit is equipped with a front panel 3.5mm minijack auxiliary input that can be used to input audio from a portable audio source, such as a portable MP3 player. The Aux input must be turned on to function. The KDC-HD458U allows you to select the source type displayed when using the auxiliary input. You can choose from AUX, DVD, Portable, Game, Video, or TV. The unit has three aux input modes.
iPod Direct Connection: The Kenwood KDC-HD458U's front-panel USB port can be used to connect your 30-pin dock connector or Lightning-connector iPod/iPhone to the head unit. The KDC-HD458U supports audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of your compatible Apple device.
- 30-Pin Dock Connector: If you have an older iPod/iPhone with a 30-pin dock connector, you can use Kenwood's dock connector-to-USB cable (113KCIP102, sold separately) or the dock connector-to-USB cable that comes with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the KDC-HD458U.
- Lightning Connector: If you have a newer iPod/iPhone with the Lightning-connector, you can use the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the KDC-HD458U.
Note: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
iPod Audio Playback w/ DAC Bypass: The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music and music apps to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 105dB. The Kenwood head unit supports audio playback of stored music, podcasts, audiobooks, and music apps on your iPod or iPhone. The KDC-HD458U provides music control and song/artist information display.
- Music Control: The Kenwood head unit allows you to navigate your iPod's music by Playlist, Artists, Album, Genre, Composer, Song, or Podcast. You can search these categories alphabetically (A-Z) or using a percentage search (0.5%, 1%, 5%, 10%). The head unit also supports Repeat (file) & Random (folder) playback functions of your connected iPod/iPhone. Newer iPod/iPhones with iOS 6.0+ allow you to continue to access your Apple device's touchscreen. Older iPod/iPhone devices will be locked during connection.
- Song/Artist Info: The KDC-HD458U will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, and Album label.
Internet Radio Apps (for iPhone): The Kenwood KDC-HD458U allows you to access Pandora and iHeartRadio online music services through your USB-connected iPhone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the KDC-HD458U via the Kenwood KCA-iP102 cable (sold separately), or the cable supplied with your iPhone. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi.
- Pandora App: The Pandora App (free) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Kenwood KDC-HD458U using your connected Apple iPhone, via the Kenwood KCA-iP102 USB/iPod connector cable (sold separately), or the cable supplied with your iPhone. The Kenwood KDC-HD458U provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. You can select Pandora stations from your station list and sort them by date or alphabetically (A-Z). New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing. You can save up to five Pandora stations as presets. You can also skip song tracks within a station. You can even give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down. To access Pandora you must have an Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) with the latest version of the Pandora application from Apple's iTunes App Store. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account.
- iHeartRadio Link: The free iHeartRadio Link app for Kenwood from lets you play music from the iHeartRadio music service through the Kenwood KDC-HD458U using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+). The iHeartRadio music service provides access to more than 1,500 live radio stations from coast-to-coast (including pop, country, urban, rock, talk, and sports). The KDC-HD458U will provide control over the iHeartRadio Link app, as well as display station identification and song/artist information. From the head unit's front-panel controls, iHeartRadio stations can be searched by the following categories (Local, Genre, City, or My Stations). The Local selection provides a list of radio stations in your local listening area. The unit also provides over 22 Genres to choose from (including pop, country, hip-hop, jazz, etc.) to help you find the right radio station for you. In addition, you can search for radio stations by City. Cities can be searched alphabetically (A-Z). You can even store your favorite stations (My Stations) for easier, quicker access. An active iHeartRadio account is required.
Note: Access to the Pandora and iHeartRadio services will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Kenwood KDC-HD458U is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 9/28/2014):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||iTunes Tagging||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora/iHeart Radio||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Disc Compatibility: The unit features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio and finalized CD-R/CD-RW audio discs. The CD slot is hidden behind a manual fold-up cover which blends into the front-panel of the head unit.
MP3/WMA Playback: The KDC-HD458U can play MP3 (8-320 kbps) and WMA (32-192 kbps) music files recorded on CD-R and CD-RW discs in ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, Romeo, and Long file name formats. Each disc can have a maximum of 8 directory levels, 500 folders, and 500 files per folder (500 maximum number of files and folders). During MP3/WMA playback, the unit displays any recorded ID3 Tag (ver. 1.x/2.x) and WMA Tag information - up to 60 characters.
Text Scroll: The KDC-HD458U will display MP3/WMA audio file text. You can set the text scrolling feature to three different modes (Auto, Once, or Off) to scroll longer titles across the screen.
Music Search + Direct Search: The Kenwood AM/FM CD receiver features a Music Search feature which allows you to scroll through and select your MP3/WMA music folders and files, as well as scroll through your audio CD's music tracks using the head unit's rotary knob. The supplied IR wireless remote control (RC-406) allows you to search for music directly by entering the track number.
Playback Modes: The Kenwood KDC-HD458U features the following Repeat, Random, and Scan playback modes.
- Repeat Play: Track, File, or Folder
- Random Play: Disc or Folder
- Scan Play: Track or File (plays the first 10-seconds of each music track on a disc or music file in a folder)
Last Position Memory: If the unit is shut off or switched to the tuner mode while a CD is playing, the next time CD is selected as the source, playback will resume from the point where it left off.
CD Read: This function sets the method for reading a CD disc. You can choose between two modes.
- CD1: Automatically distinguishes between audio file disc and music CD when playing a CD or CD-R/RW disc.
- CD2: When unable to play a special formatted CD, set this function to CD2 to force playing. Some music CD discs may be unplayable even when set to this mode.
Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
Auto Reload: If the ejected disc is not removed within 15 seconds, the disc is automatically inserted again into the loading slot to protect it from dust.
Built-In HD Tuner: With its built-in HD Radio tuner, you can receive digital AM/FM broadcasts from local stations where available. HD Radio significantly improves AM/FM audio quality and reception, as well as includes information such as artist name and song titles or traffic news, viewable on the receiver's display. HD Radio Technology will deliver high-quality digital sound. AM digital will have FM-like quality in stereo (70dB SN @ 40-15kHz), while FM digital will have CD-like quality (75 dB SN @ 20-20kHz) with static free and clear reception. The unit's built-in HD Radio tuner allows analog AM/FM tuning as well.
Note: HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to HDRadio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
Receive Mode: You can setup the KDC-HD458U to receive both analog and digital radio stations (Auto), only HD Radio stations (Digital), or only analog radio stations (Analog).
IF Band: You can switch the tuner's IF Band to Wide or Auto to increase/decrease the selectivity. The Auto setting increases the tuner selectivity to reduce interference noises from adjacent stations (stereo effect may be lost). The Wide setting decreases the tuner's selectivity which is subject to interference noises from adjacent stations, but sound quality will not be degraded and the stereo effect will remain.
Station Text + Multicasting: AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles. In addition to conventional broadcasts, with HD Radio broadcasting it is possible to choose from up to 8 multicast programs (HD1 to HD8).
Seek Modes + Direct Tuning: You can choose one of three seek modes: Auto 1 (seek tuning), Auto 2 (cycles through and tunes the selected band's preset stations only with each button press), or Manual. You can directly access an AM/FM station by entering in the frequency number using the include wireless remote control.
Tuner Presets: The KDC-HD458U's tuner features 3 FM banks (1, 2, 3) and 1 AM bank for storing presets. Not only does the CD receiver's tuner allow you manually enter your desired presets you can choose to have the unit automatically put stations with good reception in the memory banks automatically; this is a handy feature when traveling. The Kenwood Excelon KDC-HD458U offers two preset modes.
- Normal: You can store 6 presets for each AM/FM bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets (total of 24).
- Mix: A total of 6 preset stations can be assigned to the head unit's 6 preset buttons, regardless of AM/FM band. This lets you recall a preset station without switching between bands.
iTunes Tagging: It is possible to save the song's information (tag) from and HD Radio broadcasting station to your USB-direct connected iPod/iPhone. The songs will show up in a playlist called "Tagged" in iTunes (7.4 or later) the next time you sync your iPod/iPhone. Then you can directly buy the songs you want from the iTunes Music Store. Your iPod/iPhone must have at least 50MB of free space to "tag" and transfer songs. You can "tag" up to 50 songs.
16 Bit D/A Converter: The Kenwood KDC-HD458U utilizes a 16-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Kenwood KDC-HD458U is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the KDC-HD458U are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels
6ch/2.5V Preamp Outputs: The KDC-HD458U features front, rear and subwoofer 2.5-volt preamp outputs. The front and rear speaker preamp outputs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs are fixed to the rear chassis of the head unit.
Front & Rear High-Pass Filter: The KDC-HD458U features a High-Pass Crossover for the front & rear channels when your front & rear speakers are connected by the unit's speaker-outputs or preamp-outputs. You can adjust the high-pass crossover from "Through", 100, 120, or 150 Hz. The "Through" selection is a full-range setting.
Subwoofer Controls: The Kenwood KDC-HD458U offers the following subwoofer controls, when you are using unit's subwoofer preamp output.
- Low Pass Filter: The receiver features a built-in Low Pass Filter control for the preamp-output, when the output is set to Subwoofer. You can select from 85 Hz, 120 Hz, 160 Hz, or off.
- Subwoofer Phase: You can adjust the phase of the subwoofer output between 180-degrees (Reverse) or 0-degrees (Normal).
- Subwoofer Level: Once the Subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can independently control the subwoofer preamp output level (-15 to +15) from the CD receiver.
Speaker Settings: The Speaker Setting function tailors the head unit's audio settings according to the type of speakers in your vehicle. You may select a Speaker Setting of 'SP-Off' (flat/off), 'SP-OEM' (for OEM factory speaker systems), 'SP-6x9/6' (for systems with 6" and 6"x9" speakers), or 'SP-5/4' (for systems with 4" and 5" speakers).
Preset EQ: Eight EQ curves are preset into memory, allowing you to recall the best preset EQ curve for different types of music. Each preset has its own level settings for bass, midrange, and treble . You can choose from the following preset EQ curves; Rock, Pops, Easy, Top 40, Jazz, Natural, Drive EQ, or User. The Drive EQ mode is an EQ preset that helps reduce road noise. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's Bass (200Hz) , Midrange (2.5kHz), and Treble (12.5kHz) level from +/- 8dB.
Note: You can store bass, middle and treble tone settings for each source (CD, Tuner, Aux, USB, iPod, and Pandora/iHeart Radio).
Sound Enhancements: The head unit provides further sound enhancements for your car audio system.
- Bass Boost: The Kenwood CD receiver features a Bass Boost control that can be set to the following levels (BB1, BB2, BB3, or Off).
- Loudness: This function enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer lower volumes. There are 3 levels (LV1, LV2, or Off).
- Sound Reconstruction: When MP3 or WMA files encoded at a low bit rate (less than 96 kbps, 44.1k, 48kHz) are played, the Sound Reconstruction function restores their high frequencies so the sound quality is closer to files encoded at a high bit rate. The processing is optimized for the compression format and the bit rate used. When Sound Reconstruction is Off, the unit plays the original sound stored in the audio file.
Volume Offset: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another. The available settings range from -8 to 0 (-8 to +8 for Aux source).
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
Detachable Face w/ Hidden CD Slot: The Kenwood KDC-HD458U features a hidden CD slot behind a manual flip-up cover which blends into the front-panel of the head unit. The KDC-HD458U also features a detachable face to deter theft (no face case provided). An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit.
Variable Color Illumination: The Kenwood KDC-HD458U features variable color display and button illumination. You can choose from one of 24 preset colors, have the unit scan through all 24 preset colors continuously, or customize your own color (RGB; 0-9). The custom setting allows you to individually adjust the intensity of Red, Green, and Blue (from 0-9) to better match your vehicle's interior lights. The same color setting is applied to both the display and buttons. The Kenwood logo and eject button remain red.
Brightness & Dimmer: You can dim the LCD and button illumination to better suit the time of day. You can adjust the maximum brightness of the LCD and button illumination from 0-31. The Kenwood logo and eject button do not dim.
12Hr/24Hr Clock: The head unit can be set to display a 12hr or 24hr clock. The unit also displays the day (Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, or Sat). With your vehicle's key in the accessory or start position, the head unit continues to display the clock and button illumination during Standby mode. Pressing and holding the source button turns the unit off completely.
Demo Mode: This unit features a Demo mode which can be turned On or Off within the menu.
Wireless Remote Control: The KDC-HD458U comes with an IR remote control (RC-406) for wireless operation of the head unit. The remote will control Audio, CD, USB, and Tuner functions. It is powered by a single CR2025 3V lithium-cell battery (supplied).
- Numeric Keypad: The wireless remote control features a numeric keypad (0-9) which allows direct track access of your music tracks & files (from CD or USB), as well as AM/FM presets.
- Attenuator: The CD receiver features an Attenuator button on the supplied remote control that turns the volume down very quickly with one touch of the button.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what��s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
6 questions already asked
You will want to contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat to discuss compatibility with your factory system. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and see if this will integrate. If it does not, then they will also be able to discuss other options with you. [ Krissy Mar 27, 2015 ] Staff
If you look just above the USB port there's a small notch in the plastic. Use that to flip up and open the cd port [ steven Feb 13, 2015 ]
You have to flip up the CD slot cover- there is a tiny tab on the upper right corner, above the usb. Push that tab up to open the CD slot cover, and the eject button will be right behind the CD slot cover, in the same area of the tab. [ AUSTIN DAVIS Feb 12, 2015 ]
Tracy, if you flip up the cover where the CD goes, there is an eject button that illuminates red. [ kenny Feb 12, 2015 ]
You'll notice directly above the USB, a slot to pull up a plastic flap that covers the CD player and the eject button beneath. Hope this helps [ NATHAN Feb 12, 2015 ]
Unfortunately the USB is not, I own an android and did not know that at the time. Although you can use the auxiliary port but instead of controlling it through the radio you control it with your phone instead. [ NATHAN Dec 14, 2014 ]
You can use the auxillary port to play ipod or iphone or android phones. [ David Dec 14, 2014 ]
I have not found it to be Bluetooth capable. [ David Nov 18, 2014 ]
I've had this head unit for a little while and I was trying to figure out the same things since even the remote has the buttons to pick up and hang up a call but from what I can tell it doesn't have Bluetooth. This is probably one of those face plate things where there's a face plate with Bluetooth and one without it. This is the one without it. Hope that helps! [ Ilya Nov 17, 2014 ]
There is no illumination wire .Use display settings on unit ( page 12 ) user guide. Select the brightness level. [ David Nov 18, 2014 ]
I'm not sure you can set it to go up and down with the lights of the car, but there is a brightness adjustment on the menu navigation of the radio [ steven Nov 07, 2014 ]
It doesn't play on a loop if your ipod is set to play a certain playlist, or folder of music. I normally only control the music via my ipod. [ Jonathan Aug 20, 2014 ]
through the radio if you try to select a song on the ipod it just plays on a loop. I don't recommend using the usb cable use the audio plug instead [ KYLE D Apr 05, 2014 ]