Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
60W x 2 Car Amplifier
Item # 113KAC6201 | MFR # KAC-6201
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Kenwood KAC-6201by Crutchfield's Erin Blanton
Imagine: Front-row seats to your favorite band, live in concert. You can actually hear the guitarist's fingers attack the strings, and the singer breathe in before she belts out the first note. Now, picture yourself experiencing this impact and excitement every day, in your car. The extra power from a Kenwood amp can bring the clarity and immediacy of a live performance to your everyday drive.
Kenwood's KAC-6201 amplifier produces clean, detailed mids and highs, and bass you can really feel. In addition to 60 watts RMS per channel of clean Kenwood power, you get a selectable low-pass/high-pass crossover to help you optimize the frequencies you send to your speakers and eliminate evil-sounding distortion! Protection circuitry makes sure your amp is safe from thermal overload and speaker shorts, and an anti-thump circuit keeps things quiet when you power up your gear.
- 60 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- 75 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
- 150 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms
- stereo or bridged mono output
- 4-ohm stable in bridged mode
- Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)
- MOSFET power supply
- requires 10-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- high-pass (150 Hz)/low-pass (80 Hz) crossovers, 12 dB/octave
- 9-7/8"W x 2-3/8"H x 9-13/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 2-Channel amplifier with one 25-amp blade fuse inserted into the chassis
- 1 Rubber terminal cover
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- Instruction Manual (English)
- Instruction Manual (French/Spanish)
- Warranty Card
Ground Isolation Circuit: This circuit cancels noise from the input of the negative side of the RCA cable, preventing vehicle electrical noise from interfering with the music.
Quiet Turn-on: This feature allows the amplifier to power up over a period of several milliseconds instead of instantaneously, protecting your speakers from thumps and other sounds that could be damaging.
Internal Crossover: The internal crossover can be set for full-range, low-pass or high-pass operation. The low-pass frequency is fixed at 80Hz with a 12dB/octave slope. The high-pass frequency is fixed at 150Hz with a 12dB/octave slope.
Protection Circuitry: To keep the amplifier safely operating, the protection circuitry is triggered in the following situations:
- When a speaker wire may be short-circuited
- When a speaker output contacts ground
- When the unit malfunctions and a DC signal is sent to the speaker output
- When the internal temperature is too high for the unit to operate
- When the head unit, or this unit, is not properly grounded
Left Side of Amplifier:
- Battery, Remote Turn-on and Ground Connections: gold-plated screw terminals; each terminal is 0.345" wide
- Speakers Outputs: gold-plated screw terminals; each terminal is 0.345" wide
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Speaker-level Inputs: screw terminals; each terminal is 0.257" wide
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.