Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
100W x 2 Car Amplifier
Item # 113KAC729S | MFR # KAC-729S
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Kenwood KAC-729S
Built for high performance yet affordably priced, the Kenwood KAC-729S amplifier will rock your speaker system! Kenwood builds in MOSFET power supplies, extra-large capacitors, copper-shielded EE core transformers, and toroidal noise filters so that you get mammoth reserves of ultra-clean power.
The strikingly rugged exterior will add a stylish touch to your installation, while the built-in low-pass crossover (80 Hz at 18 dB/octave) is handy when you're pushing subwoofers. Use the speaker-level inputs to connect to a factory radio (or any receiver without preamp outputs).
- stereo or bridged mono output
- Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)
- 300 watts x 1 in bridged mode
- 150 watts x 2 at 2 ohms
- requires 8-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 80 Hz selectable low-pass crossover, 18 dB/octave
- speaker-level inputs
- 4-way protection circuitry
- signal-to-noise ratio 100 dB
- dimensions: 13-3/4"W x 2-5/16"H x 9-7/8"D
- 1-year warranty
Ground Isolation Circuit: This circuit cancels noise from the input of the negative side of the RCA cable, preventing vehicle electrical noise from interfering with the music.
Quiet Turn-On: This feature allows the amplifier to power up over a period of several milliseconds instead of instantaneously, protecting your speakers from thumps and other sounds that could be damaging.
Internal Crossover: The internal crossover is a 12dB/octave, 80Hz low-pass crossover. The crossover may be turned on for low-pass operation, or the crossover can be turned off for full-range output.
Right Side Of Amplifier:
- Filter Switch: Allows you to select full range or 80Hz low-pass crossover operation.
- Stereo/Mono Switch: Allows you to choose stereo or mono amplifier operation.
- Input Sensitivity: This variable control allows you to adjust the input sensitivity of the amplifier from 0.2V-5V.
Right Side Of Amplifier:
- Line In: Gold-plated stereo RCA jacks
- Speaker Level Input: Screw terminals (each terminal is 0.25" wide)
Left Side Of Amplifier:
- Speakers: Gold-plated screw terminals (each terminal is 0.35" wide)
- BATT (power): Gold-plated screw terminal (terminal is 0.35" wide)
- GND (ground): Gold-plated screw terminal (terminal is 0.35" wide)
- P.CON (remote turn-on): Gold-plated screw terminal (terminal is 0.35" wide)
- Fuse: Two inserted 20-amp fuses
Maximum Power Output:
- Bridged Into A 4-Ohm Load: 600 watts x 1
- Per Channel Into A 4-Ohm Load: 200 watts x 2
Rated Power Output:
- Bridged Into A 4-Ohm Load: 300 watts x 1
- Per Channel Into A 2-Ohm Load: 150 watts x 2
- Per Channel Into A 4-Ohm Load: 100 watts x 2
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.