Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Kenwood KCA-IP302 iPod® cable
Sends audio and video to select Kenwood multimedia receivers
Our take on the Kenwood KCA-IP302 iPod® cable by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Kenwood's KCA-iP302 cable connects your compatible iPod or iPhone® to select 2011-up Kenwood multimedia receivers with a USB input, plus separate audio and video 3.5mm mini-jack inputs. This cable allows you to control your iPod content with the Kenwood's controls, and it charge your device as you drive. Once connected, you'll enjoy listening to your music when you're on the road, and viewing video content when parked.
This cable currently works with Kenwood's DNX9980HD, KVT-696, and KVT-516 receivers. Warranty: 1 year.
Works with kvt 696. Used apple 30 pin to lightning adapter for iphone 5s still works perfect. Should work with 2011 up radios.
Fish daddy, Lakewood nj
What's in the Box:
- USB/iPod interface cable (with iPod dock connector on one end and a USB Type-A plug /3.5mm stereo miniplug /3.5mm video miniplug on the other end)
- Instruction Manual (Eng/Fr/Sp/Ger/Dut/Ita)
Kenwood KCA-IP302 iPod® cable Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Adapter Type||iPod A/V in w/ iPod control|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The KCA-iP302 USB Direct Connection Cable for iPod allows you to connect your iPod or iPhone with a USB-equipped Kenwood multimedia head unit that also features separate audio and video 3.5mm minijack inputs. This cable enables the head unit to control and charge the iPod while connected, as well as enable high-speed iPod data communication. You will be able to listen and view your iPod/iPhone's music and video files with your compatible Kenwood multimedia head unit.
Kenwood Head Unit Compatibility: The Kenwood KCA-iP302 cable is compatible with select Kenwood Multimedia head units equipped with a USB terminal and separate 3.5mm aux audio and video inputs.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Kenwood KCA-iP302 iPod/iPhone adapter cable is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features when connected to a compatible Kenwood multimedia head unit (as of 9/26/2013):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||App Mode||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Connection: The Kenwood KCA-iP302 cable has an iPod dock connector on one end, and a USB (type-A) connector and separate 3.5mm audio & video connectors on the other end.
- iPod Dock Connector: The cable's iPod dock connector plugs into your compatible iPod or iPhone.
- USB Connector: The cable's USB (type-A) connector plugs into your compatible Kenwood multimedia head unit's rear-panel USB (type-A) port. The USB (type-A) connector handles the control and charging of your iPod or iPhone, so you can navigate through your music and video files using your Kenwood head unit's controls and view song and movie information on its display monitor. The controls of your Kenwood head unit will be seamless when used with the optional KCA-iP302 cable and include metadata browsing as well as the ability to choose any iPod playback mode to suit your listening application.
- 3.5mm Audio Connector: The cable's 3.5mm audio connector plugs into your compatible Kenwood head unit's rear-panel 3.5mm audio input. The 3.5mm audio terminal transfers the music from your iPod/iPhone to your Kenwood multimedia head unit. By using an analog 3.5mm audio input, the music travels to the receiver as an analog signal, so you can even play the Digital-Rights-Protected files stored on your iPod/iPhone.
- 3.5mm Video Connector: The cables' 3.5mm video connector plugs into your compatible Kenwood head unit's rear-panel 3.5mm video input. The 3.5mm video terminal transfers movies, TV shows, and music videos stored on your iPod/iPhone to your Kenwood multimedia head unit.
Note: The KCA-iP302 is a total of 6' long, from the iPod connector to the two audio & video miniplugs. The length of the cable from the iPod connector to the end of the USB connector is 34".
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
It works for the audio but as far as video, no go.I can't even play video from my ipod to the deck at times. And yes , my deck worked well as far as controlling the music from the iphone, Hope this may help.Sorry for the delayed response. Brent [ BRENT Sep 24, 2014 ]
do not use this cable for the iphone 5.set the radios av input 2 to just audio video input and not ipod in put .then just plug in the usb direct. it will work fine [ GARY L Jul 23, 2014 ]
Sorry, I only use my Nano iPod with this cable. But, it does work with audio and video, and yes I can control everything from the Kenwood touch screen. [ GENE R Jul 22, 2014 ]