Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Our take on the Kenwood KDC-358U by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Great looks and plenty of music for you to enjoy
Kenwood's KDC-358U CD receiver will impress you with its looks. It boasts a bright 13-digit display, logical controls, variable color illumination, and a CD slot cover for a sleek appearance in your dash. But this budget-friendly car stereo isn't just about appearance.
You can tune in your favorite stations, check out all your CDs, listen to your iPod® or iPhone® through the convenient front-panel USB input, or rock out to Pandora® or iHeartRadio Internet radio. And you can control the music on your Android phone with the help of Kenwood's Music Control app, or add a SiriusXM tuner to enjoy satellite radio's exceptional programming and coast-to-coast reception.
Kenwood's legendary sound quality
The KDC-358U receiver sends digital data from your iPod or CD through its 24-bit digital-to-analog converter, so you'll notice exceptional detail and depth in your music. You'll hear the additional power that this receiver offers, and you'll also enjoy more control over your sound with this Kenwood's 3-band EQ, high- and low-pass filters, and selectable bass boost.
The KDC-358U offers sharp looks and great performance.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Kenwood stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and this Kenwood, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab to see all compatible adapters.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
Great look and functionality
Marine One, Toledo, Ohio 43560
What's in the Box:
- CD receiver (10A fuse inserted in chassis)
- Face (attached)
- Trim ring (attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Wireless remote control (RC-406)
- CR2025 3V lithium-battery (installed in remote)
- 2 Removal tools
- Face-fixing screw
- Instruction Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Warranty Card
- CD player with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA music files
- Pandora and iHeart Radio control with iPhone
- compatible with Music Control App for select Android devices
- detachable face with 13-digit display and variable-color illumination
- wireless remote
- System Q Sound Control (8 preset EQ curves and a 3-band equalizer)
- speaker size settings
- Supreme Setting improves the sound of files encoded at low bit rates
- bass boost
- low-pass filter, subwoofer level control, and phase switch
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: front-panel auxiliary and USB input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2.5-volt front, rear, and subwoofer)
Other features and specs:
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Kenwood KDC-358U Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power Output||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||2.5 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||8.2 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
USB Port: The Kenwood KDC-358U features a front panel USB (type-A) port that is hidden behind a flip-up cover. The USB port enables connection and control of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives. The unit supports playback of MP3 (8-320 kbps), WMA (32-192 kbps), and WAV music files stored on a compatible USB memory device formatted with FAT12/16/32 file system. Your USB device should only have a maximum of 8 folder layers, 999 folders, and 999 files per folder - with a maximum of 20,480 files and folders. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: When a mass-storage class (MSC) compatible smartphone is connected to the head unit's USB input, the unit's Drive Change features lets you select its internal memory or external memory (such as an SD card) for stored music playback. The Drive Change feature also lets you switch between multiple memory cards (up to 5) in a USB multi-card reader or multiple USB thumbdrives (up to 5) connected to a USB hub.
Music Control for Android Smartphone: The Kenwood Music Control app for Android organizes your Android smartphone's music, while providing quick and easy search capability from the Kenwood CD receiver. The free Kenwood Music Control App for Android can be downloaded onto your Android smartphone from the Google Play App Store. Your Android smartphone must be running Android OS Froyo or Gingerbread (2.2+). Once the app is downloaded and has a chance to organize all the stored music on your Android smartphone, you can connect your Android smartphone to the Kenwood CD receiver via USB (your compatible Android smartphone must be recognized as a USB mass storage class device; not compatible with MTP protocol). The Kenwood Music Control app offers the following Android supported functions.
- Song Management: Music stored in your Android smartphone can be navigated from the Kenwood CD receiver. Songs can be easily selected by searching for a Song title, Artist name, Album label, or Genre.
- Song Information Display: Song information such as Artist name, Song title, and Album label are displayed on the connected Kenwood CD receiver.
- Mood Playlist: Playlists can be created by classifying songs into categories by type of mood. Songs are analyzed and classified into the following categories of moods - High Energy (Active/Powerful/Core), Acoustic (Detailed/Simple/Smooth/Easy), Standard (Dynamic/Rockin/Vivid), Stylistic (Cool/Urban/Trance)
- Intro Skip: This function allows you to choose and listen to only the hook-lines of songs stored in your Android smartphone.
Note: When the Kenwood Music Control app is first downloaded it will require some time to populate all the music, so we suggest doing this overnight.
Music Editor Compatible: The Kenwood KDC-358U supports the PC application, Kenwood Music Editor Lite Kenwood's Music Editor Lit (v1.1.0). Kenwood Music Editor Lite is a Windows-based desktop software that helps organize, manage and transfer MP3/WMA music files to your USB thumbdrive from your PC. When you playback audio files that have been stored on your USB thumbdrive using Kenwood Music Editor Lite through this unit, you can search a file by title, album, or artist name using the head unit's Music Search function. The Kenwood Music Editor Light (v1.1.0) Windows-based software can be downloaded for free from Kenwood's website to your PC. The Kenwood Music Editor Light is compatible with the following Windows Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Windows XP Professional, Home Edition SP2 or later (32-bit)
- Windows Vista (32/64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
- Windows 8
Note: Not compatible with Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Zune, or Android
Aux In: The unit is equipped with a front panel 3.5mm minijack auxiliary input that can be used to input audio from a portable audio source, such as a portable MP3 player. The Aux input must be turned on to function. The KDC-358U allows you to select the source type displayed when using the auxiliary input. You can choose from AUX, DVD, Portable, Game, Video, or TV. The unit has three aux input modes.
iPod Direct Connection: The Kenwood KDC-358U's front-panel USB port can be used to connect your 30-pin dock connector or Lightning-connector iPod/iPhone to the head unit. The KDC-358U supports audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of your compatible Apple device.
- 30-Pin Dock Connector: If you have an older iPod/iPhone with a 30-pin dock connector, you can use Kenwood's dock connector-to-USB cable (113KCIP102, sold separately) or the dock connector-to-USB cable that comes with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the KDC-358U.
- Lightning Connector: If you have a newer iPod/iPhone with the Lightning-connector, you can use the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the KDC-358U.
Note: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
iPod Audio Playback w/ DAC Bypass: The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music and music apps to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 16-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 105dB. The Kenwood head unit supports audio playback of stored music, podcasts, audiobooks, and music apps on your iPod or iPhone. The KDC-358 provides music control and song/artist information display.
- Music Control: The Kenwood head unit allows you to navigate your iPod's music by Playlist, Artists, Album, Genre, Composer, Song, or Podcast. You can search these categories alphabetically (A-Z) or using a percentage search (0.5%, 1%, 5%, 10%). The head unit also supports Repeat (file) & Random (folder) playback functions of your connected iPod/iPhone. Newer iPod/iPhones with iOS 6.0+ allow you to continue to access your Apple device's touchscreen. Older iPod/iPhone devices will be locked during connection.
- Song/Artist Info: The KDC-358U will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, and Album label.
Internet Radio Apps (for iPhone): The Kenwood KDC-358U allows you to access Pandora and iHeartRadio online music services through your USB-connected iPhone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the KDC-358U via the Kenwood KCA-iP102 cable (sold separately), or the cable supplied with your iPhone. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi.
- Pandora App: The Pandora App (free) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Kenwood KDC-358U using your connected Apple iPhone, via the Kenwood KCA-iP102 USB/iPod connector cable (sold separately), or the cable supplied with your iPhone. The Kenwood KDC-358U provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. You can select Pandora stations from your station list and sort them by date or alphabetically (A-Z). New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing. You can save up to five Pandora stations as presets. You can also skip song tracks within a station. You can even give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down. To access Pandora you must have an Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) with the latest version of the Pandora application from Apple's iTunes App Store. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account.
- iHeartRadio Link: The free iHeartRadio Link app for Kenwood from lets you play music from the iHeartRadio music service through the Kenwood KDC-358U using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+). The iHeartRadio music service provides access to more than 1,500 live radio stations from coast-to-coast (including pop, country, urban, rock, talk, and sports). The KDC-358U will provide control over the iHeartRadio Link app, as well as display station identification and song/artist information. From the head unit's front-panel controls, iHeartRadio stations can be searched by the following categories (Local, Genre, City, or My Stations). The Local selection provides a list of radio stations in your local listening area. The unit also provides over 22 Genres to choose from (including pop, country, hip-hop, jazz, etc.) to help you find the right radio station for you. In addition, you can search for radio stations by City. Cities can be searched alphabetically (A-Z). You can even store your favorite stations (My Stations) for easier, quicker access. An active iHeartRadio account is required.
Note: Access to the Pandora and iHeartRadio services will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Kenwood KDC-358U is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 12/11/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora/iHeart Radio||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Disc Compatibility: The unit features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio and finalized CD-R/CD-RW audio discs. The CD slot is hidden behind a manual fold-up cover which blends into the front-panel of the head unit.
MP3/WMA Playback: The KDC-358U can play MP3 (8-320 kbps) and WMA (32-192 kbps) music files recorded on CD-R and CD-RW discs in ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, Romeo, and Long file name formats. Each disc can have a maximum of 8 directory levels, 500 folders, and 500 files per folder (500 maximum number of files and folders). During MP3/WMA playback, the unit displays any recorded ID3 Tag (ver. 1.x/2.x) and WMA Tag information - up to 60 characters.
Text Scroll: The KDC-358U will display MP3/WMA audio file text. You can set the text scrolling feature to three different modes (Auto, Once, or Off) to scroll longer titles across the screen.
Music Search + Direct Search: The Kenwood AM/FM CD receiver features a Music Search feature which allows you to scroll through and select your MP3/WMA music folders and files, as well as scroll through your audio CD's music tracks using the head unit's rotary knob. The supplied IR wireless remote control (RC-406) allows you to search for music directly by entering the track number.
Playback Modes: The Kenwood KDC-358U features the following Repeat, Random, and Scan playback modes.
- Repeat Play: Track, File, or Folder
- Random Play: Disc or Folder
- Scan Play: Track or File (plays the first 10-seconds of each music track on a disc or music file in a folder)
Last Position Memory: If the unit is shut off or switched to the tuner mode while a CD is playing, the next time CD is selected as the source, playback will resume from the point where it left off.
CD Read: This function sets the method for reading a CD disc. You can choose between two modes.
- CD1: Automatically distinguishes between audio file disc and music CD when playing a CD or CD-R/RW disc.
- CD2: When unable to play a special formatted CD, set this function to CD2 to force playing. Some music CD discs may be unplayable even when set to this mode.
Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
Auto Reload: If the ejected disc is not removed within 15 seconds, the disc is automatically inserted again into the loading slot to protect it from dust.
16 Bit D/A Converter: The Kenwood KDC-358U utilizes a 16-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Kenwood KDC-358U is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the KDC-358U are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels
6ch/2.5V Preamp Outputs: The KDC-358U features front, rear and subwoofer 2.5-volt preamp outputs. The front and rear speaker preamp outputs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs are fixed to the rear chassis of the head unit.
Front & Rear High-Pass Filter: The KDC-358U features a High-Pass Crossover for the front & rear channels when your front & rear speakers are connected by the unit's speaker-outputs or preamp-outputs. You can adjust the high-pass crossover from "Through", 100, 120, or 150 Hz. The "Through" selection is a full-range setting.
Subwoofer Controls: The Kenwood KDC-358U offers the following subwoofer controls, when you are using unit's subwoofer preamp output.
- Low Pass Filter: The receiver features a built-in Low Pass Filter control for the preamp-output, when the output is set to Subwoofer. You can select from 85 Hz, 120 Hz, 160 Hz, or off.
- Subwoofer Phase: You can adjust the phase of the subwoofer output between 180-degrees (Reverse) or 0-degrees (Normal).
- Subwoofer Level: Once the Subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can independently control the subwoofer preamp output level (-15 to +15) from the CD receiver.
Speaker Settings: The Speaker Setting function tailors the head unit's audio settings according to the type of speakers in your vehicle. You may select a Speaker Setting of 'SP-Off' (flat/off), 'SP-OEM' (for OEM factory speaker systems), 'SP-6x9/6' (for systems with 6" and 6"x9" speakers), or 'SP-5/4' (for systems with 4" and 5" speakers).
Preset EQ: Eight EQ curves are preset into memory, allowing you to recall the best preset EQ curve for different types of music. Each preset has its own level settings for bass, midrange, and treble . You can choose from the following preset EQ curves; Rock, Pops, Easy, Top 40, Jazz, Natural, Drive EQ, or User. The Drive EQ mode is an EQ preset that helps reduce road noise. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's Bass (200Hz) , Midrange (2.5kHz), and Treble (12.5kHz) level from +/- 8dB.
Note: You can store bass, middle and treble tone settings for each source (CD, AM/FM, Aux, USB, iPod, and Pandora/iHeart Radio).
Sound Enhancements: The head unit provides further sound enhancements for your car audio system.
- Bass Boost: The Kenwood CD receiver features a Bass Boost control that can be set to the following levels (BB1, BB2, BB3, or Off).
- Loudness: This function enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer lower volumes. There are 3 levels (LV1, LV2, or Off).
- Sound Reconstruction: When MP3 or WMA files encoded at a low bit rate (less than 96 kbps, 44.1k, 48kHz) are played, the Sound Reconstruction function restores their high frequencies so the sound quality is closer to files encoded at a high bit rate. The processing is optimized for the compression format and the bit rate used. When Sound Reconstruction is Off, the unit plays the original sound stored in the audio file.
Volume Offset: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another. The available settings range from -8 to 0 (-8 to +8 for Aux source).
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The Kenwood KDC-358U features a built-in RDS AM/FM tuner. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist & track information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations. You can choose one of four tuning methods: Auto 1 (seek tuning), Auto 2 (cycles through and tunes the selected band's preset stations only with each button press), or Manual Tune. The KDC-358U's tuner features 3 FM banks (1, 2, 3) and 1 AM bank for storing presets. The Kenwood KDC-358U offers two preset modes.
- Normal: You can store 6 presets for each AM/FM bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets (total of 24).
- Mix: A total of 6 preset stations can be assigned to the head unit's 6 preset buttons, regardless of AM/FM band. This lets you recall a preset station without switching between bands.
Note: Not only does the CD receiver's tuner allow you manually enter your desired presets you can choose to have the unit automatically put stations with good reception in the memory banks automatically; this is a handy feature when traveling.
SiriusXM Ready: The Kenwood KDC-358U comes ready for SiriusXM programming with access to XM and Sirius Satellite Radio stations. Thanks to its proprietary SiriusXM Connect port, you can add the optional SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner and receive more than 150 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the "SiriusXM All Access" package (subscription required). Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options and channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel List w/ Category Search: The Channel list displays a list of all available channels. You can also search and list channels in specific categories.
- Song/Artist Information: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD.
- Presets & Direct Tuning: Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets. You can tune to a station directly via the numeric keypad on the included remote.
- Replay w/ Smart Favorites: Supports the SiriusXM Instant Replay function, so you can pause, rewind, and replay up to 30 minutes of live content. You can store six of your favorite channels that will automatically be buffered in the background, so when you select one of the Smart Favorite channels, you'll be able to rewind and replay the last 30 minutes of content.
- Parental Control: Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Detachable Face w/ Hidden CD Slot: The Kenwood KDC-358U features a hidden CD slot behind a manual flip-up cover which blends into the front-panel of the head unit. The KDC-358U also features a detachable face to deter theft (no face case provided). An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
Variable Color Illumination: The Kenwood KDC-358U features variable color display and button illumination. You can choose from one of 24 preset colors, have the unit scan through all 24 preset colors continuously, or customize your own color (RGB; 0-9). The custom setting allows you to individually adjust the intensity of Red, Green, and Blue (from 0-9) to better match your vehicle's interior lights. The same color setting is applied to both the display and buttons. The Kenwood logo and eject button remain red.
Brightness & Dimmer: You can dim the LCD and button illumination to better suit the time of day. You can adjust the maximum brightness of the LCD and button illumination from 0-31. The Kenwood logo and eject button do not dim.
12Hr/24Hr Clock: The head unit can be set to display a 12hr or 24hr clock. The unit also displays the day (Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, or Sat). With your vehicle's key in the accessory or start position, the head unit continues to display the clock and button illumination during Standby mode. Pressing and holding the source button turns the unit off completely.
Demo Mode: This unit features a Demo mode which can be turned On or Off within the menu.
Wireless Remote Control: The KDC-358U comes with an IR remote control (RC-406) for wireless operation of the head unit. The remote will control Audio, CD, USB, and Tuner functions. It is powered by a single CR2025 3V lithium-cell battery (supplied).
- Numeric Keypad: The wireless remote control features a numeric keypad (0-9) which allows direct track access of your music tracks & files (from CD or USB), as well as AM/FM presets.
- Attenuator: The CD receiver features an Attenuator button on the supplied remote control that turns the volume down very quickly with one touch of the button.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
11 questions already asked
The PDF on the Kenwood website doesn't show one, so probably not. [ GLENN Sep 05, 2014 ]
Yes [ ALAN Aug 29, 2014 ]
Yes [ FEROZE Aug 17, 2014 ]
no [ Randy Aug 17, 2014 ]
There is a setting that can change colors randomly but the music doesn't affect the way the colors change. [ TERRY R Aug 16, 2014 ]
Yes [ FEROZE Aug 16, 2014 ]
Yes [ FEROZE Aug 16, 2014 ]
To the best of my knowledge it does not change colors to the music you are playing. You can however manually change to multiple display colors. I found the operational instructions very difficult to understand. My son(it is installed inn his car) uses it mainly with his I-Pod, so he is happy with it. Last time we tried we still could not figure out how to preset stations. [ DAVID Aug 15, 2014 ]
No, but you can have it change color randomly [ ERIC Aug 15, 2014 ]
It changes every like 3 seconds , not to the music [ JAVIER Aug 15, 2014 ]
Yes [ FEROZE Aug 15, 2014 ]
Yes it does. However you can adjust it one of many colors if you like [ DAVID Aug 15, 2014 ]
I have not seen that feature anywhere, although there is an option in display colors which slowly fades between all of the available colors constantly. There also is not an equalizer view which displays a live equalizer. The display is pretty simple, and my biggest complaint is you cant read it to save your life in bright sunlight, even at max brightness with the dimmer off. Looks great at night, but if you expect to see it in the day, especially with sunglasses, fuhgettaboutit. [ LUKE Aug 15, 2014 ]
This receiver does not have enough amplifier power for a subwoofer. You would need to connect an amp to the receiver, then from the amp to the subwoofer. [ Jeff Aug 13, 2014 ] Staff
What is the model of your ipod? [ asif105878 Feb 26, 2014 ]
Yes, I just purchased and installed this deck and works perfectly from my iphone [ TODD Feb 24, 2014 ]
Yes you can control it with an ipod or iphone. Its a very user friendly stereo, especially if you have owned a Kenwood stereos before. [ LARRY L Feb 23, 2014 ]
Sorry but you can only control the iPod from the radio . [ Anthony Feb 23, 2014 ]
I have not been able to install it, can't find the adapter and it does not look good without one. [ Paulo Feb 23, 2014 ]
Not if its plugged into AUX. If you have a USB connection you can search by folder and track number. [ NICHOLAS G Feb 19, 2014 ]
Hi Asif A I don't know. I installed the unit for my wife in her vehicle. I do not use the Kenwood at all. Sorry I could not be of more help. Thank you Joe Ludden [ Joe Feb 16, 2014 ]
I installed it in my wife's car and didn't play with it too much so I'm not sure, sorry [ steve Feb 14, 2014 ]
I have only connected my Ipad. And yes I can search from my Ipad by album or artist or song. [ MICHELLE Feb 14, 2014 ]
3 answers How is the display in terms of readability while driving? Is it bigger than the last year's models like Kenwood KDC-HD455U (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113HD455U/Kenwood-KDC-HD455U.html?tp=5684). Does it scroll song and artist name? Does it display more than one folder or just one folder when using the browse function? [ asif105878 Feb 04, 2014 ]
Yes it does scroll the song and artist name. It displays more than one folder. The main issue is the clock is very small no matter what display options you select. [ JASON Feb 05, 2014 ]
Yes it scrolls title and artist and is bigger but the clock display is on the bottom of the display and very hard to see. Everything else is easy to read, color selection has a little to do with that too. The folder question I'm not to sure about I always use and iPod and I set it on title/artist. Overall it's a really good radio [ Matthew Feb 05, 2014 ]
Asif A, I can't answer the readability as it compares to last year's models (I haven't personally put eyes on any of those). The main display has several options, one of which does scroll the song and artist name for your digital music (ipod, flash drive, etc) and also from FM stations providing that station is broadcasting that information. The only time I used it with a flash drive was with a single folder, using the Kenwood provided PC software called "Kenwood Music Editor" that you can download. The software can read through multiple levels of folders. If you use the software to build the metadata on the flash drive your search options increase. From the manual: When you play audio files with song data added using the KENWOOD Music Editor light or KENWOOD Music Control, you can search for audio files by Genres, Artists, Albums, Playlists, and Songs. _, For what it's worth I'm still enjoying this head unit and think it's a great value. [ Emile Feb 05, 2014 ]
Sorry no Android or iPhone [ JIMMY Feb 09, 2014 ]
Dont know. I use iphone. Sorry [ ROBERT T Jan 20, 2014 ]
What a buzzkill, if it just plugs in the USB drive I don't understand why it would only work for iPhones.. [ Jeremiah Jan 20, 2014 ]
iphones only [ Jonna Jan 20, 2014 ]
It only works for iPhones. I'm pretty sure it's like that on almost every Headunit [ DAN Jan 20, 2014 ]
There's an eject button under the cover. [ michael Jan 12, 2014 ]
There's an eject button under the cover, on the right side [ MATTHEW Jan 08, 2014 ]
there is a flip up cover and underneath that cover is an eject button [ LINDA S Jan 08, 2014 ]
There is an eject button under the cover. [ Mark Jan 07, 2014 ]
You have to push the eject button [ MARION W Jan 07, 2014 ]
The cover is just like a dust cover and to hide the cd slot. You still have to push an eject button to get cd out. [ steve Jan 07, 2014 ]
Yes there is an eject button under the flip up cover. [ RODNEY A Jan 07, 2014 ]
Yes have to lift up the cover then hit the red button on the coner of the radio to the right [ Anthony Jan 07, 2014 ]
For details on fit or installation please contact an Advisor by phone or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and give you the details on if this will fit and what you will need for an installation in your vehicle. [ Jeff Jan 03, 2014 ] Staff
Yes it can. The stereo seems to do almost the full color spectrum. [ Joe Jan 10, 2014 ]
Yes the color can be changed to red. It can auto-change colors or be set to one specific color. [ JASON Jan 08, 2014 ]
I believe I saw one of the colors as red. [ DOUG Jan 04, 2014 ]
Yes. The display and button colors can be changed to Red. Note, the display and button colors must match. ie. you cannot have Red buttons and Blue display. If I recall correctly, there are about 24 pre-set colors (a few of those are different variations/shades of Red) and 1 user/custom setting where you can fine tune the Red/Blue/Green settings to make your own custom color. Hope this helps. [ Emile Jan 02, 2014 ]
Yes it has just about every color imaginable, great sounding radio [ Matthew Jan 02, 2014 ]
Yes it can and many other colors as well [ Jeffery Jan 02, 2014 ]
Yes, it can. There's a pretty decent range of colors to choose from, I believe there are 24. [ Paul Jan 02, 2014 ]
Yes. There are many colors to choose from with one being red. Really easy setup. [ Steven Jan 02, 2014 ]
Yes it can. There is a large selection on colors. [ Shawn Jan 02, 2014 ]
yes. You can change the color to just about any color you choose. [ Duncan Jan 02, 2014 ]
Yes, the clock shows in the upper right corner of the screen full time. [ Michael Dec 29, 2013 ]
yes [ VICTOR MANUEL Dec 16, 2013 ]