Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
6.95" wide touchscreen monitor (New Stock)
Item # 113KOSL702 | MFR # KOS-L702
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Kenwood KOS-L702 by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Kenwood's KOS-L702 6.95" monitor offers touchscreen control over the KOS-V1000 and KOS-V500 factory system expansion controllers. You can access all important functions with a touch of your finger, as well as control any Kenwood devices connected to your controller. The screen will also display pictures from backup cameras connected to the KOS-V1000 or KOS-V500.
- 6.95" touchscreen monitor
- works with the Kenwood KOS-V1000 and KOS-V500 factory system expansion controllers
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 6.95" Wide LCD touch-screen monitor
- 21.5' Monitor cable with a proprietary 20-pin connector on each end
- Adjustable surface mounting bracket with accessory shoe accessory installed
- Headrest mounting bracket
- 5 Mounting screws
- Removal tool
- Instruction Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Warranty Card
- Monitor cut-out template
Overview: The Kenwood KOS-L702 6.95" LCD, 16:9-wide touch-screen monitor is designed for Kenwood factory integration products such as the Kenwood KOS-V500 and Kenwood eXcelon KOS-V1000 Advanced Integration A/V Controllers.
Compatibility: The KOS-L702 is designed to connect to the following Kenwood factory integration components.
Connections: The KOS-L702 touch-screen features a proprietary 20-pin connector and comes supplied with a 21.5' monitor cable that connects to a Kenwood factory integration unit. The monitor will display the KOS-V500 or KOS-V1000's on-screen menu as well as display any video source connected to the factory integration unit.
Note: This monitor does not feature any standard audio or video inputs such as a composite audio/vide inputs and does not feature any type of video output.
Controls: The Kenwood KOS-L702 LCD monitor features a touch-screen panel that is used to control Kenwood's KOS-V500 or KOS-V1000 factory integration devices. The unit also feature hard-key controls along the bottom of the screen. These controls include the following.
- Screen Mode: You can choose from the
following screen modes.
- Normal: displays 16:9 widescreen format pictures that fill the entire screen width, and 4:3 (conventional TV) pictures display with black bars on either side
- Full: expands 4:3 pictures horizontally to fill the entire width of the screen, distorting the picture slightly but retaining full image height
- Just: expands 4:3 pictures horizontally only at the edges
- Zoom: expands 4:3 pictures both horizontally and vertically, filling the screen without distorting the picture but cutting off the top and bottom edges
- Function: This button switches between control screens from the connected Kenwood factory integrated A/V controller. You can choose the following screen settings - Picture & Easy Control Panel, Source Control Screen or Picture Panel.
- Audio Source: This function switches the audio source.
- Video Select: This function switches the video source input from your Kenwood factory integrated A/V controller. This function also allows you to turn the display off while you continue to listen to an audio source from your Kenwood integrated factory A/V controller.
- AV Out: This function selects what AV source will be output at the AV output terminals of your Kenwood factory integrated AV controller.
- Volume: Increases and decreases volume being output from your Kenwood factory integrated AV controller to your factory audio system.
- Power: Turns power on or off.
Auto Dimmer Sensor: The 6.95" monitor features an auto dimmer sensor located on the front panel to automatically dim the panel during low-light application.
Mounting: The KOS-L702 comes with the following two mounting brackets.
- Surface Mount Bracket: The surface mount bracket has flexible tabs that allows it to attach to a variety of surface. The bracket uses a self-adhesive backing as well as five supplied mounting screws to secure the bracket in place. Once in place, the bracket is attached to the monitor with a proprietary accessory shoe. The bracket allows the monitor to rotate up and down to achieve a better viewing angle.
- Headrest Mounting Bracket: The headrest mounting bracket allows you to mount the monitor in the headrest of a seat in your vehicle. A cut-out template is supplied to help with cutting out the back of your headrest to accommodate the headrest mounting bracket. The bracket is held in place inside the headrest by four supplied mounting screws. The monitor has an integrated clip in the back that attaches to headrest mount. The accessory shoe is not used in this installation.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.