Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Monster Cable M Series® M850HD
"High Speed with Ethernet" HDMI cable (3.6 meters/12 feet)
Item # 11912HDMI | MFR # 121961
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Monster Cable M Series® M850HD by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
Make sure you're getting the best possible picture and sound from your high-definition home theater gear. Monster Cable's M850HD HDMI cable can handle today's highest-bandwidth audio and video signals with capacity to spare, including 1080p 3D video and high-resolution surround sound from a Blu-ray player. (3D movies and games require dual 1080p video streams, one for each eye.)
Careful construction and high-quality materials deliver top-notch picture and sound. Large-gauge high-purity copper conductors and corrosion-resistant gold-plated contacts allow optimal signal transfer. Nitrogen gas-injected insulation maintains signal strength even over long cable runs.
Great price for product received. I plan on ordering more. Good picture.
BillH, Mequon, WI
What's in the Box:
- 12' HDMI cable
- "Information to consumers in application of EU WEE Directive 96/2002" note
- length: 12 ft.
- Monster's "Ultra High Speed" bandwidth rating: greater than 15.8 Gbps (gigabits per second)
- supports HDMI version 1.4 features:
- 3D video @ 1080p
- bi-directional Ethernet communication with compatible components
- audio return channel for sending Dolby® Digital sound from an HDTV back to an A/V receiver
- multi-stranded high-purity copper conductors
- gas-injected dielectric for maximum signal strength, even over long runs
- quad-layer shielding (rejects radio frequency noise up to 1 GHz)
- 24k gold-plated contacts to resist corrosion
- Duraflex protective jacket
- UL-listed for in-wall installation
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Monster Cable M Series® M850HD Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
M850HD Ultra-High Speed HDMI Cable: The Monster M850HD is a ultra-high speed rated HDMI (v1.4) cable with bandwidth exceeding 15.8 Gbps. Using the M850HD HDMI cable, you'll get breathtaking picture and sound from today's HDTVs, projectors, Blu-ray Disc players, and game consoles. You'll also get to experience the latest in 3D movies and games with full support for dual 1080p video streams. In addition, the Monster M850HD HDMI cable can reproduce all the colors your camera or camcorder can capture on your HDTV.
HDMI (v. 1.4): The Monster M850HD HDMI cable is version HDMI 1.4 compatible.
- Ultra-High Speed (15.8Gbps): The Monster M850HD HDMI cable features a bandwidth of 15.8 Gbps and greater that will support today's HDTV.
- 1080p+ Resolution: Supports highest definition video up to 1080p.
- 120/240Hz Display: The Monster M850HD cable is ideal for HD components with refresh rates up to 240 Hz for the smoothest, most fluid video.
- 8-14 Bit Color: Greater cable capacity for support of 12-bit color, also called Deep Color, available from advanced HD sources and displays. Greater color depth, from 8-bit to 14-bit, allows more detailed gradations of individual colors for the display of billions of colors
- 3D Ready: Newer 3D movies and games supply two video streams, each at 1080p Full HD. The M850HD HDMI cable can handle this double bandwidth with ease.
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD: Greater cable bandwidth for support of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD lossless surround sound (up to 7.1ch), available on Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD movies.
- Audio Return Channel: This HDMI cable can transfer uncompressed surround sound from your HDTV with digital tuner to your AV receiver or surround sound controller. No extra audio cable needed.
- HDMI-Ethernet Channel: The HDMI cable can share your Internet connection with multiple devices. No separate Ethernet cable is needed.
High Quality Construction: The Monster M850HD HDMI offers high-quality construction for superior digital video and multi-channel audio.
- Multi-Stranded High-Purity Copper Conductors: Multi-Stranded High-Purity Copper Conductors ensure higher bandwidth and faster pixel rates for 1080p+ video reproduction with deep, extended color.
- High-density Quad-Layer Shielding: The high density quad-layer shielding rejects radio frequency and electromagnetic interference for the clearest possible HDTV picture.
- Nitrogen Gas-Injected Dielectric: A nitrogen gas-injected dielectric maximizes velocity of propagation for maximum signal strength and reduced bit error, even over long runs.
- 24k Gold V-Grip Connectors: Rugged, fully shielded, 24k gold connectors provide accurate signal transfer, maximum corrosion resistance and ensure long-lasting durability. The V-Grip design increases retention force to prevent the cables from coming disconnected accidentally.
- Metal Connector Shell: The Monster M850HD cable employs a rugged protective metal housing with premium finish for long-lasting durability and style.
- Duraflex/HexMesh Jacket: The Monster M850HD features a Duraflex/HexMesh jacket which is flexible and tear-resistant for easy routing and installation.
- CL2 Rated: The M850HD HDMI cable is UL (CL2) rated for in-wall use.
Live Forever: This cable is covered by Monster Cable's Live Forever Full Lifetime Warranty.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.