Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Monster GreenPower™ HDP 900G PowerCenter™
Power line conditioner and surge suppressor
Item # 119HDP900G | MFR # 121619
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Monster GreenPower™ HDP 900G PowerCenter™ by Crutchfield's Loren Barstow
The Monster HDP 900G protects your valuable audio/video equipment from potentially damaging dips and spikes in your AC power. It also filters out harmful noise to improve your gear's performance. Advanced circuitry reduces electromagnetic and radio frequency interference, which can cause audible buzzes in your speakers and visible "snow" on your TV. And it introduces Monster's new GreenPower™ technology to help reduce your monthly energy bill.
Smart, convenient energy-saving connections
The HDP 900G helps to organize your components with eight color-coded outlets, widely spaced to accommodate AC adapters and oversized plugs. Three of the outlets are "GreenPower switched" — they automatically switch off whenever you turn off the component connected to the "GreenPower Control" outlet. For example, if you connect your TV to the Control outlet, and your DVD player and home theater receiver to the switched outlets, the DVD player and receiver would turn off anytime you turn off your TV. This reduces energy use by eliminating the trickle of current the DVD player and receiver would draw in standby mode. When you turn your TV back on, the switched outlets automatically spring back to life so your system is ready to use.
Complete protection for your audio/video gear
In addition to eight AC outlets, the HDP 900G also includes a pair of "coax" connections for your cable or satellite line, plus connections for phone and Ethernet cables. The PowerCenter automatically disconnects everything plugged into it when it senses a major electrical spike, protecting your gear from damage. It also emits an audible alarm to let you know your equipment is disconnected and safe. When the voltage returns to a safe range, the HDP 900G reconnects your system. Monster's five-year warranty includes $250,000 insurance on properly connected equipment.
Affordable & serves all the needs of my home electronics.
4Christ, Bristol, VA
What's in the Box:
- Power Center with attached 8' three-pronged AC cord
- 36" Monster Cable RG6 coax video cable with gold plated connectors
- 75" Telephone cord (with RJ-14 plugs on each end)
- Self-adhesive A/V ID labels to attach to power cords (14 pairs)
- Instructions and Warranty information
- Information to consumers
- 8 AC outlets (4 unswitched, 3 GreenPower switched, 1 GreenPower Control)
- GreenPower technology saves energy by turning off switched outlets when the "control component" is turned off
- Tri-Mode® circuitry automatically disconnects from AC power in the event of sustained over-voltage
- HD Clean Power Stage 1 filtering rejects electrical interference for cleaner picture and sound
- 1 set of coaxial connections for cable or satellite TV
- 1 RJ-11 phone input/output (with a splitter for DVR phone line or Internet connection)
- 1 Ethernet input/output
- 8-foot power cord with FlatProfile plug that fits easily behind furniture
- 3240 joule protection
- 14-1/2"W x 1-3/4"H x 4-1/4"D
- warranty: 5-year, $400,000 connected equipment guarantee (covers equipment damaged by an AC power, cable, telephone or lightning surge while connected to properly installed Monster Cable surge protector)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Monster GreenPower™ HDP 900G PowerCenter™ Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Total AC Outlets||8|
|Powerline Network Compatible||Yes|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||$400,000|
Overview: The Monster Power HDP 900G PowerCenter protects your home audio/video equipment from dangerous power surges and spikes. Equipped with GreenPower technology, the HDP 900G saves energy by shutting off some of the outlets when the connected component is turned off or goes to sleep. It has 8 AC outlets, as well as a pair of coax connectors to protect your cable or satellite equipment, and telephone (RJ-14) and network (RJ-45) jacks for complete protection on all lines.
GreenPower Technology: When your A/V and computer equipment go into stand-by mode, they continue to consume electricity even after you have turned them off. Standby energy waste can account for up to 20% of your home's electricity use, according to the U.S. Department of Energy. Monster Power's GreenPower Technology saves energy by turning off the outlets to some of your equipment when the main component in your rack is turned off. For example, if you plug your A/V receiver into the GreenPower control outlet, the HDP 900G will shut off the outlets to your DVD player and powered subwoofer automatically when your receiver is turned off. When your receiver is turned on, power returns immediately to the outlets for the DVD and subwoofer. A switch on the side of the unit allows you to disable GreenPower control, if desired.
Other Monster Power Technologies:
- Dual Mode Plus Surge Protection: Dual Mode Plus gives you an extra measure of protection against more powerful surges and spikes. Dual Mode Plus circuitry automatically disconnects your A/V equipment from the live power line to isolate your equipment from dangerous AC power conditions. The unit sounds an alarm to alert you that your PowerCenter has protected your electronics.
- HD Clean Power: The HDP 900G features HD Clean Power filtering that is precision-engineered to remove electrical noise and interference caused by your appliances, cell phones, computers, lights, and even some of your A/V equipment. By filtering out this "dirty power", you get the best possible picture and sound performance, and lengthens the life of your components. The HDP 900G uses Stage 1 noise filtration.
AC Outlets: The HDP 900G has 8 surge-protected, color coded AC power outlets. The outlets are widely spaced to allow you to plug in large power adapters without blocking adjacent outlets. One is designated for a major component (HDTV or A/V receiver) which will serve as the GreenPower Control source. Three other outlets are reserved for GreenPower controlled outlets. Out of the remaining four outlets, one outlet is PLC-compatible (see below).
Powerline Network Compatible (PLC): Powerline Communication, also known as HomePlug, is a new type of home network system that works on your home's existing electrical wiring. Ordinary surge protectors can block PLC signals, but the Monster HDP 900G is engineered to allow full-speed PLC network communications.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.