Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Monster® PowerNet 200 Adapter
Add-on AC power line/Internet adapter
Item # 119PN200 | MFR # 121663
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Monster® PowerNet 200 Adapter by Crutchfield's Tara W.
This add-on adapter works with Monster's PowerNet system. Plug the adapter into an ordinary AC wall outlet, and it'll automatically connect to other PowerNet adapters in use in your home. Use multiple adapters in a single system to bring a consistent, high-speed network signal to home electronics and computers throughout your home.
What's in the Box:
- PowerNet 200 unit
- 6' Ethernet cable (terminated by RJ-45 connectors)
- Instruction/Warranty booklet
- Information to consumers in application of EU WEE Directive 96/2002
- turns an ordinary AC wall outlet into an access point for your home network
- includes one adapter (two required for a complete system)
- features one Ethernet port, one male AC adapter (plugs into wall outlet), and one female AC adapter with surge protection (allows you to plug in other electronics)
- approximate maximum data transfer rate: 200 Mbps
- 128-bit encryption for a secure Internet connection
- designed for use with a broadband Internet connection
- direct connection to AC wall outlet recommended
- 3-1/2"W x 5-1/8"H x 1-1/2"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Overview: The Monster PowerNet 200 Expansion Module works with other PowerNet devices to bring a high speed Ethernet connection to an additional room in your home. The PowerNet Expansion Module consists of one PowerNet 200 and a 6' Ethernet cable. The Monster PowerNet 200 Expansion Module is an easy, fast solution for adding high speed networking and internet access in an additional room of your home (must have existing PowerNet network system).
Note: The PowerNet 200 Expansion Module needs to pair with at least one other Monster PowerNet device, such as the PowerNet 200 Starter Kit (119PN200SP, sold separately).
Easy Installation: The PowerNet 200 is incredibly easy to set up; simply plug in the PowerNet 200 into an AC outlet (requires a dual 3-prong AC outlet) and it will automatically connect to your existing Monster PowerNet system. Once you have confirmed connection, you can then plug in your network device into the PowerNet 200.
Note: You should not plug the PowerNet 200 into a power-strip that has surge protection. Doing so may prohibit PowerNet communications. For best performance, plug the PowerNet 200 directly into a wall outlet. You may plug a surge protectors into the PowerNet 200 without affecting performance.
Ethernet Port with Secure Link: The PowerNet 200 unit features an RJ-45 Ethernet port utilizing 128-bit AES encryption for safe, secure data transmission.
Note: All Monster PowerNet products have the same security key. They will automatically link to all other PowerNet products sharing the same electrical lines.
200 Mbps Performance: The PowerNet 200 is capable of speeds up to 200 Mbps for connection to the internet or streaming high definition audio and video.
Note: Data transfer rates may vary according to electrical line conditions and will not exceed the capabilities of connected devices.
Two Surge Protected Outlets: The Monster PowerNet 200 unit features two AC outlets with Dual Mode Plus surge protection and enhanced PLC filters.
- Advanced Dual Mode Plus: Dual Mode Plus surge protection automatically disconnects and sounds an audible alarm to protect your connected equipment against even the most powerful surges.
- Monster PLC Clean Power: The Monster PowerNet 200 maintains high speeds to even the most remote rooms of your home with PLC Clean Power filtering to reduce noise and interference on your electrical lines caused by appliances and other electronics. This not only improves network speed, it lets the PowerNet 200 work where other power line communication products will not.
Note: The Monster PowerNet 200 carries a 5 Year/$50,000 connected equipment warranty. Monster Cable will replace, or at its option, pay to repair or pay the fair market value of equipment that is damaged by an AC power surge while properly connected to the Monster PowerNet 200 device within 5 years of purchase, up to $50,000.
Status Lights: The PowerNet 200 unit is equipped with Ethernet, Network, PLC, and Power status lights for easy network and power protection diagnosis.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.