Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Monster Central Power Control™ 100MC Kit
Networked power management kit with single-outlet module and Internet gateway
Item # 119PP100SK | MFR # 121759-00
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Monster Central Power Control™ 100MC Kit by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
Home automation made easy
Monster developed their Monster Central family of products to make home automation simple to install, convenient to use, and surprisingly affordable. The Monster Central Power Control 100MC Kit includes everything you need to control and monitor the power to one plugged-in device in your home from anywhere in the world using a smartphone or tablet. This complete solution includes one of Monster's Power Control 100MC single-outlet power control modules and a separate GTW 100 Internet Gateway. And you can use your smartphone to do more than turn a device on and off from anywhere in the world — you can also monitor that device's power usage.
Setup is straightforward and only takes a few minutes. The power module plugs into a standard AC wall outlet, and has one AC outlet for plugging in a lamp, appliance, or other electrical device. The Internet Gateway connects to your router or home network, and communicates wirelessly with the power module. To control the system, simply download the free app for your iOS® or Android™ device. It lets you turn a device on and off remotely, and set up scheduled on/off sequences, so for example, your home's lights can turn on and off at predetermined times. The Monster Central system is modular, so you can expand it later, as needed.
- kit includes one Power Control 100MC single-outlet power control module and one GTW 100 Internet Gateway
- provides power and energy management control
- plugged-in device can be controlled remotely via a compatible web-enabled iOS® or Android™ smartphone or tablet (free downloadable app required)
- GTW 100 Internet Gateway must be plugged into a router or home network with an Ethernet cable, and it communicates wirelessly with power control module(s)
- 540 joules of surge protection
- Power Control 100MC dimensions: 4"W x 7-1/4"H x 2-3/4"D
- warranty: 5 years on unit, plus $200,000 connected equipment warranty
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee