Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Monster Central Power Control™ 300MC Kit
Networked power management kit with 3-outlet module and Internet gateway
Item # 119PP300SK | MFR # 121788-00
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Monster Central Power Control™ 300MC Kit by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
Monster developed their Monster Central family of products to make home automation simple to install, convenient to use, and surprisingly affordable. The Monster Central Power Control 300MC Kit includes everything you need to be able to control and monitor the power to as many as three plugged-in devices in your home from anywhere in the world using a smartphone or tablet. This complete solution includes one of Monster's Power Control 300MC 3-outlet power control modules and a separate GTW 100 Internet Gateway. And you can use your smartphone to do more than turn devices on and off from anywhere in the world — you can also monitor the devices' power usage.
Setup is straightforward and only takes a few minutes. The power module plugs into a standard AC wall outlet, and has three AC outlets for plugging in lamps, appliances, or other electrical devices. The Internet Gateway connects to your router or home network, and communicates wirelessly with the power module. To control the system, simply download the free app for your iOS® or Android™ device. It lets you turn devices on and off remotely, and set up scheduled on/off sequences, so for example, your home's lights can turn on and off at predetermined times.The Monster Central system is modular, so you can expand it later, as needed.
- kit includes one Power Control 300MC 3-outlet power control module and one GTW 100 Internet Gateway
- provides power and energy management control
- plugged-in devices can be controlled remotely via a compatible web-enabled iOS® or Android™ smartphone or tablet (free downloadable app required)
- GTW 100 Internet Gateway must be plugged into a router or home network with an Ethernet cable, and it communicates wirelessly with power control module(s)
- 1080 joules of surge protection
- 3-foot Ethernet cable is included
- Power Control 300MC dimensions: 3-5/8"W x 5-3/16"H x 2-5/16"D
- warranty: 5 years on unit, plus $75,000 connected equipment warranty
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 3 Outlet module (300MC)
- Gateway module (100GTW)
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 57" DC cord)
- 3' Ethernet cable
- Instructions/Warranty Information
- Information to consumers in application of EU WEEE Directive 96/2002
Features and Specs
|Total AC Outlets||3|
|Powerline Network Compatible||No|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||$75,000|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Monster Central Power Control 300MC Kit: This kit is composed of a 3 Outlet Power Center and a Gateway module that brings power-management automation to your home through your smartphone, providing protection and control via a WiFi network connection.
- 3 Outlet Power Center: The included 3 Outlet Power Center has built in surge protection with fireproof technology ensuring your connected electronics and home are protected. The three outlet plugs protect whatever is plugged in from common power surges and spikes. It provides power protection rated at 1080 joules. All three of these plugs are also monitored for energy usage, and one of them can be turned on/off by a free smartphone app. The 3 Outlet Power Center utilizes WiFi to wirelessly communicate with the included Gateway Module and the free mobile app on your smartphone.
- Gateway Module: The Gateway module connects the 3 Outlet Power Center to your smartphone via a free mobile app and your home's network/internet connection. The Gateway module features an Ethernet jack which plugs into your home network's router/modem (3' Ethernet cable included). The Gateway module uses WiFi to communicate wirelessly with the 3 Outlet Power Center, your smartphone's free mobile app, and any additional Monster Central Power plugs (sold separately). The Gateway module also requires AC power.
Monster Central Smartphone App: Monster Central Poweer Control provides a free smartphone app for both Apple iOS (5.0+) and Android (2.1+) devices. Once you have installed the app, you simply register each module that you purchase and control it in real time or by a pre-determined schedule. This free Monster Central PowerControl app enables your Monster Central PowerControl smart plugs to be controlled from your fingertips. Created by People Power, this PowerControl app can save you money every day by cutting energy waste. Control your home entertainment center by automatically turning it off every night while you sleep. Limit the hours that people watch TV or play on the computer or game console. Increase your home safety by plugging in your garage door opener and cutting its power from your smartphone device while you're away. You'll be able to monitor the electricity and dollars used by any device you plug in.
- Instantly control any device plugged into Monster Central PowerControl from your Apple iOS or Android device
- Use "Home and Away" mode to turn on and off groups of devices with one click
- Easily set schedules to turn on and off devices automatically
- Monitor your past and current energy use in real-time
- See how much money things will cost in vampire (standby) power consumption while turned off
- Get a Twitter feed of useful green energy tips
$75,000 Limited Connected Equipment Warranty: Monster will replace, pay to repair, or pay the fair market value of equipment (up to $75,000) that is damaged by an AC power or lighting surge while connected to a properly installed Monster Central Power Control Kit (up to 5 years). For conditions and information on how to make a claim please see the manual.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.