Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Wavetek Meterman 15XP Multimeter
With autoranging display tests your electrical connections safely and easily
Our take on the Wavetek Meterman 15XP Multimeter by Crutchfield's Tim Sprinkle
Electrical installation is a tricky business without the proper safety precautions, it can even be dangerous. Rather than risk your new gear, why not use a multimeter to test your connections before throwing the switch?
Wavetek's Meterman XP series of multimeters are designed for accuracy and convenience, with rugged exterior casings that will stand up to just about anything the job requires. And the XP's built-in non-contact voltage detector means you won't have to touch any exposed wiring to get the information you need.
For more advanced troubleshooting around the home or car, consider the Meterman 15XP multimeter. It features an autoranging display for faster, easier measurements, and a best-in-class voltage rating for all your electrical testing needs. The TTL logic test allows you to dig into digital circuits, while the diode test offers a simple solution for component-level troubleshooting.
Wavetek's Magne-Grip holster frees up both hands for work, and the big 3-1/2 digit display ensures you'll always be able to see your readings. With the Meterman 15XP, you get the voltage information you need to ensure safe, accurate electrical installations.
What's in the Box:
- Multimeter with attached Magne-Grip Holster
- 1 Magnetic hanging strap
- One 38" red test lead
- One 38" black test lead
- User's Manual (English/Spanish/ French/German/Italian)
- Safety Information sheet
- Warranty Registration Card
- handheld electrical multimeter
- 2000-count autoranging meter
- VolTect non-contact voltage detector instantly identifies dangerous AC voltage
- Magne-Grip holster with magnetic strap
- 3-1/2 digit display
- voltage rating: 750-volt AC / 1000-volt DC
- TTL logic test for digital circuits
- integrated tilt stand
- diode test for component troubleshooting
- displays resistance and continuity
- Min/Max records minimum and maximum values
- Data Hold freezes display to "hold" measurement reading
- includes one pair of test leads
- fuse: 315 mA/1000 V
- includes a 9V battery
- 6-5/8"L x 3-3/8"W x 2"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Overview: The Wavetek Meterman 15XP digital multimeter provides superior features and accuracy in a smaller form factor. The 15XP has unique features such as VolTect non-contact voltage (NCV) detection, logic test and the exclusive Magne-Grip holster that frees both hands for work. The 15XP has a big 2000-count 3-1/2 digit display, making the readings easy to see.
Range Selection: The 15XP features autoranging display for faster measurements. In addition to autoranging, you can manually select and lock a range by pressing the Range button.
Overload (0L or -0L) Indication: An 0L or -0L indication may appear on the display to indicate that an overload condition exists. For voltage and current measurements, an overload should be immediately corrected by selecting a higher range. The 0L indication is normal for some functions, such as resistance, continuity, and diode test.
Measurements: The 15XP allows you to test Continuity, Diodes, and Logic Levels, and measure the following: DC Voltage, AC Voltage, DC Current, AC Current, Resistance, and NCV (Non-Contact Voltage).
Input Test Lead Warning: The meter emits a continuous tone when a test lead is placed in the mA or A input jack and the Function/Range Switch is not set to a correct current position.
Auto Power Off: This feature puts the meter into a sleep mode if the Function/Range Switch has not changed position in the last 6 minutes.
- Display: 3 ½ digit liquid crystal display (LCD) with a maximum reading of 1999
- Polarity: automatic, positive implied, negative polarity indication
- Over Range: 0L or -0L is displayed
- Low Battery Indication: The battery symbol is displayed when the battery voltage drops below the operating level
- Operating Environment: 0 °C to 50 °C at <70 % R.H.
- Overload Protection: 1000 V DC or 750 V AC
- DC Volts:
- Ranges: 200 mV, 2 V, 20 V, 200 V, 1000 V
- Accuracy: ±(0.5% rdg + 1 dgt)
- AC Volts (45 Hz to 500 Hz):
- Ranges: 200 mV, 2 V, 20 V, 200 V, 750 V
- Accuracy: ±(1.5% rdg + 5 dgts) 45 Hz to 100 Hz on 200 mV range ±(1.5% rdg + 5 dgts) on 2 V to 750 V ranges
- DC Current:
- Ranges: 200 µA, 2000 µA, 20 mA, 200 mA, 2 A
- Accuracy: ±(1.0% rdg + 2 dgts) on 200 µA to 200 mA ranges, ±(2.0% rdg + 3 dgts) on 2 A range
- AC Current (45 Hz to 500 Hz):
- Ranges: 200 µA, 2000 µA, 20 mA, 200 mA, 2 A
- Accuracy: ±(1.5% rdg + 5 dgts) on 200 µA to 200 mA ranges, ±(2.5% rdg + 5 dgts) on 2 A range
- Ranges: 200 Ω, 2 kΩ, 20 kΩ, 200 kΩ, 2 MΩ, 20 MΩ
- Accuracy: ± (1.0% rdg + 4 dgts) on 200 to 2 MΩ ranges, ± (3.0% rdg + 5 dgts) on 20 MΩ range
- Audible Indication: less than 25 Ω
- Diode Test:
- Test Current: 1.2 mA (approximate)
- Accuracy: ±(1.5% rdg + 3 dgts)
- Open Circuit Volts: 3.0 dc typical
- Logic Test:
- Thresholds Logic 1 (Hi): 2.8 V ± 0.8 V
- Thresholds Logic o (Lo): 0.8 V ± 0.5 V
- Test Voltage: TTL 5 VDC
- Non-Contact Voltage Indicator:
Sense voltage 70 V to 600 VAC (50 Hz to 60 Hz) beeper chirps and bright
green LED comes on, works when meter dial is on any range
- Detection Distance:
- 115 V 60 Hz: 22mm (1in)
- 230 V 50 Hz: 75mm (3in)
- Detection Distance:
- Overload Protection:
- Voltage, Resistance, Diode, Continuity, Logic: 1000 VDC or 750 VAC rms
- Current: 2 A / 1000 V fast blow ceramic fuse 6.3 × 32 mm
- mA Jack: input warning detects wrong switch/input jack configuration
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.