Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
T-Spec 4DAK Installation Kit
4-gauge dual amplifier wiring kit includes two 2-channel patch cables and speaker wire
Item # 1204DAK | MFR # V10-4DAK
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the T-Spec 4DAK Installation Kit by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Power up to specification
The 4DAK dual amplifier wiring kit from T-Spec helps deliver the power you need to drive your music to the highest level. This comprehensive kit includes 4-gauge power and ground wires, 8-gauge power and ground wires, an 18-gauge turn-on lead, 12-gauge speaker wire, two 17-foot stereo patch cables, two distribution blocks, a fuse holder, and an assortment of hardware useful for your installation. T-Spec Competition Rated Car Audio makes wiring products that meet all American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) standards for size, strand-count, resistance, and insulation quality. With T-Spec wiring, your amps and speakers will get the energy they need to give you peak performance.
Oxygen-free virgin copperRecycled copper often contains impurities that can impair conductivity, so T-Spec uses only oxygen-free non-recycled virgin copper in all their wire to maximize signal and power flow. The high strand count and special PVC blended jacket give T-Spec wire an extraordinary flexibility, making installation easier. The power and ground wires in this kit each come with a sturdy ring terminal machine-crimped to one end, ensuring a secure contact with your car's battery and chassis ground. T-Spec even pre-installed the fuse holder (with an 80-amp fuse included) inline on the power wire, for your safety and peace of mind.
Dual amp power distribution
Power flows from your battery, first through the fuse, then through the main 4-gauge power cable, until it gets to a distribution block. From there, it flows to your two amps via short 8-gauge power wires. A ground lug accepts the two 8-gauge ground wires from your amps and allows you to attach it directly to your car's chassis or frame, forming a single grounding point. Or, if your grounding point needs to be farther away from your amps, you can use the lug as a ground distribution block, connecting the two 8-gauge grounds to the 4-gauge ground wire with the ring terminal to attach to your car.
Excellent kit for multi amp connection. A little vague on how to connect multiple grounds in line, but over all I am very pleased
What's in the Box:
- 17' v10 4 AWG OFC multi-strand power wire in a matte pearl white PVC blended jacket
- In-line v12 compact brass MANL (Mini ANL) fuse holder
- 80 amp MANL fuse (installed)
- 6' v10 8 AWG OFC multi-strand power wire in a matte pearl white PVC blended jacket
- 3' v10 4 AWG OFC multi-strand ground wire in a matte gray PVC blended jacket
- 6' v10 8 AWG OFC multi-strand ground wire in a matte gray PVC blended jacket
- 17' 18 AWG OFC remote turn-on wire in a blue jacket
- Two 17' v10 RCA cables in matte pearl white PVC blended jacket
- 12' v10 12 AWG OFC speaker wire in a white/gray PVC blended jacket
- Power distribution block
- 4 AWG dual position ground lug
- Two 4 AWG crimp-on spade terminals with white (power) and silver (ground) boots
- Four 8 AWG crimp-on spade terminals with 2 white (power) and 2 silver (ground) boots
- Four 16 AWG crimp-on spade speaker wire terminals (amplifier side)
- Four 16 AWG crimp-on quick-slide terminals (female)
- Red 18 AWG crimp-on spade terminal
- Red 18 AWG butt connector
- Firewall bushing for 4 AWG wire
- 8 Wire ties (6" length)
- dual amplifier wiring kit
- all wires made of oxygen-free non-recycled copper
- wires meet all ANSI and CEA standards
- 17 feet of 4-gauge matte pearl power cable with ring terminal
- 3 feet of 4-gauge matte gray ground wire with ring terminal
- 6 feet of 8-gauge matte pearl power cable
- 6 feet of 8-gauge matte gray ground wire
- two 17-foot 2-channel RCA patch cables (double twisted pair for superior noise reduction)
- 12 feet of 12-gauge black and white speaker wire
- 17 feet of 18-gauge blue turn-on lead wire
- black nickel-plated brass mini-ANL fuse holder with 80-amp fuse installed on power wire
- black nickel-plated brass distribution block 4-ga. in, two 8- to 4-ga. out
- black nickel-plated brass gound lug/distribution block 8- to 4-ga. in
- comes with an assortment of hardware including wire ties, a firewall bushing, and various crimp-on wire terminals
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
T-Spec 4DAK Installation Kit Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: This T-Spec v10-series amplifier wiring kit contains enough power and ground wire, RCA cables, speaker wire, turn-on wire, and connection accessories to install a two-amplifier system in most vehicles. The OFC (oxygen-free copper) wire included in this kit meets CEA-2015 and ANSI specification for wire gauge, and is BC-5W2 marine compliant. The high strand count gives you maximum flexibility and maximum conductivity to give your components the greatest current capability.
Contents: This v10-series dual amplifier kit contains the following:
- Power Wire: 17' v10 4 AWG OFC multi-strand wire in a matte pearl white PVC blended jacket. The wire has an in-line v12 compact brass MANL (Mini ANL) fuse holder with an 80A MANL fuse. The battery end of the wire is terminated with a nickel-plated crimp-on ring terminal with a white boot and an 8.5mm hole. There is also a 6' length of v10 8 AWG OFC power wire without terminals.
- Ground Wire: 3' v10 4 AWG OFC multi-strand wire in a matte gray PVC blended jacket. One end is terminated with a nickel-plated crimp-on ring terminal with a silver boot and an 8.5mm hole. There is also a 6' length of v10 8 AWG OFC ground wire without terminals.
- Turn-On Wire: 17' 18 AWG OFC remote turn-on wire in a blue jacket. Both ends are un-terminated.
- RCA Cable: Two 17' v10 noise-rejecting, braided 3-conductor RCA cables with precision machined ends and quad-split tip.
- Speaker Wire: 12' v10 12 AWG OFC speaker wire in a white/gray PVC blended jacket. The white jacketed conductor is square in shape, and is marked for positive (+) connection. The gray jacketed conductor is round in shape, and is unmarked.
- Installation Accessories:
- Solid brass distribution block; one input and two outputs; all will accept up to 4 AWG
- Solid brass grounding lug with two 4 AWG positions
- Two 4 AWG crimp-on spade terminals with white (power) and silver (ground) boots for amplifier connection
- Four 8 AWG crimp-on spade terminals with white (power) and silver (ground) boots for amplifier connection
- Four blue 16 AWG crimp-on spade terminals for speaker wire connection (amplifier side)
- Four blue 16 AWG crimp-on quick-slide terminals (female) for speaker wire connection (speaker side)
- Red 18 AWG crimp-on spade terminals and red butt connector for remote turn-on wire connection
- Firewall bushing for 8 AWG wire
- 8 Wire ties (3.5" length)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
high quality [ Shannon Feb 28, 2016 ]