Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
SPST Dual Make Relay
Item # 120E5100 | MFR # E-5100C
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Bosch E5100
The Bosch E5100 single pole-single throw (SPST) relay is used in car security installations, primarily for interfacing with certain parking light circuits.
What's in the Box:
- SPST Dual Make relay
- Socket with 5 attached wires (red/white/black/blue/green)
- Instruction/Application sheet
Overview: This item is a Bosch SPST (single-pole, single throw) dual make relay. When 12 volts is delivered to the coil of the relay, the input terminal of the relay makes a connection with two output terminals. Sending current through the relay's coil, allows you to turn on one or more devices without touching them. The relay consists of two parts: the relay, which includes a 5-blade socket, and the 5-blade plug with 5 wires. It has a capacity for up to 30 Amps.
- Relay Turn-On: turning on/off high-current devices such as multiple amplifiers or neon lights using a low current trigger, such as a head unit's amplifier turn on lead
- Relay Turn-Off: for turning off or disabling a device such as a vehicle's starter system (in conjunction with a security system)
- Remote Trunk Release: for remote control opening of a vehicle trunk (in conjunction with a security system--requires existing power-assisted trunk release)
- Power Door Lock System: for remote control locking/unlocking of vehicle doors (in conjunction with a security system and aftermarket power door locks)
Wiring Considerations: Installation of this relay requires splicing or soldering of the connections. Installation of a 30-amp fuse and fuse holder may be required near the battery connection.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.