Pioneer PRS Series: The Pioneer PRS series amplifiers cleanly amplify the music signal, free of distortion or added color. PRS amplifiers feature separate left and right
independent signal circuitry that eliminates signal interference between the channels, and achieves excellent channel separation throughout a wider frequency range.
High-grade Circuitry: The PRS-A900 is built using high-grade circuits and parts, resulting in distortion-free sound quality, vibration elimination, and
enhanced stability. Some of the technologies include:
- Left/Right Independent Power Supply: Large, independently mounted DC-to-DC converter power supplies direct electric current with
superior stability and effectiveness. The DC-DC power supply is mounted away from the amplification circuitry and isolated with dividers to prevent jitter noise and to improve the signal-to-noise
- Filter-less Design: The PRS-A900's filter-less design means there are no built-in crossovers for the purest sonic reproduction possible.
- Current Feedback-type Amplifier
Circuit: Current feedback-type circuitry results in a high slew rate of 70V/µsec, allowing for precise output gain while perfectly following a sharp rise of input signal and wide range linear
amplification of input signal for very low distortion while driving high output power.
- H-shaped Chassis: The amplifier's H-shaped chassis and copper-plated power transistor mounts absorb external distortion-causing vibration 25% faster than conventional chassis designs.
By stabilizing the amp and its internal components, audio reproduction remains faithful, accurate, and noise-free.
Independent Gain Controls: The PRS-A900 has independent 4-channel rotary gain controls. You can set the input sensitivity for the left front (channel A), right front (channel A),
left rear (channel B), and right rear (channel B) from 0.4V to 6.5V. In addition, you can set the amplifier for 2-channel or 4-channel operation, depending upon how many inputs are connected.
Beat Frequency Control: If you hear a beat
while listening to an AM radio broadcast, you can change the position of the BFC switch (located under the Pioneer badge on top of the amplifier) with a small flathead screwdriver.
Connections: For a clean installation, the amp's connections are located on the ends of the amplifier under removable terminal covers. The power and speaker connectors all have slots that allow you to secure the cables with the supplied 4" plastic wire ties. The connections include:
- Left Side of Amp:
- Input: stereo RCA jacks for line-level input signal
- Right Side of Amp:
- Right Channel Speaker: set screw terminals for front and rear channels capable of accepting up to 12 gauge wire
- Fuses: two 25A ATO fuses
- Power: set screw terminal capable of accepting up to 4 gauge wire
- System Control: set screw terminal capable of accepting up to 12 gauge wire
- Ground: set screw terminal capable of accepting up to 4 gauge wire
- Left Channel Speakers: set screw terminals for front and rear channels capable of accepting up to 12 gauge wire
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.