Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Watch a product demo
Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD Display and Controls Demo
From Pioneer Makes It Simple Series: Why Pioneer?
From Pioneer Makes It Simple Series: Why Upgrade?
Pioneer Makes It Simple Series: Installation Myths
Our take on the Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
A beautiful 6.95" color screen alone isn't enough to make a multimedia receiver a great buy. Sure, Pioneer's AVH-P4300 DVD receiver has a display that'll knock your socks off, with multi-angle adjustments and awesome custom display colors. And yeah, you'll never get tired of tapping, swiping, or dragging icons on its user-friendly touchscreen, or whipping through customizable menus with its intuitive controls. But that's only part of the story with this receiver.
Enjoy entertainment options
No matter how you store your music, photos, and video, this receiver will play it. First of all, you can play music files loaded USB devices, SD/SDHC cards, or burned onto CDs or DVDs. Second, just connect your iPod® to the rear USB cable and you'll be able to use the receiver's controls to access your music. You'll find your tunes by browsing through albums, artists, and playlists on the touchscreen, or by activating Alphabet Search to zero in quickly on your favorites.
Third, for movies and more, the high-def touchscreen displays video content from a variety of sources when you're parked, plus the receiver's rear video output lets you connect external monitors for backseat entertainment. You'll need Pioneer's optional CD-IU200V iPod cable to view video content from your iPod or iPhone.
Listen to online content with Pandora Link and your iPhone®
If you're a Pandora® addict, just download Pioneer's free Pandora Link app, hook up your iPhone to the receiver's USB port with the optional CD-IU200V iPod cable, and you can use the receiver's controls to navigate your way through your Pandora stations. You'll enjoy total control over Pandora, including displays of artist, album, and song information on the receiver's colorful screen.
Sound quality you'll enjoy
Settle down in the driver's seat, turn up the music, and check out the clean, powerful output from this Pioneer's built-in amp. For fine tuning, you can use the 8-band equalizer to adjust your system to sound its best in your vehicle, while the built-in frequency filters maximize the performance of your speaker setup. This receiver also offers 4-volt preamp outputs that'll send a super-clean signal to any outboard amps.
This Pioneer gives you several options for adding entertainment and safety functionality. You can hook up an HD Radio tuner to enjoy the high-fidelity sound of free AM/FM broadcasts from participating stations. With an optional satellite radio tuner, you can get into an incredible variety of news, sports, talk, and commercial-free music that'll follow you wherever you go.
If you're directionally challenged, Pioneer's navigation module will give you instant access to maps of the U.S. and Canada. Pioneer's Bluetooth® adapter enables hands-free calling with compatible phones. You can connect other sources to the rear audio/video input, or add a rear-view camera for extra safety when backing up in tight spots.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Pioneer stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Pioneer, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab for compatible adapters.
iPod note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
it does everything crutchfield said it would, and what i wanted it to do...excellent sound and pic. will recommend crutchfield to all my friends, and even some of my enemies. also awesome shipping time, 2 days. u cant beat it. way better than ebay by far.
chaz, meshoppen, pa
What's in the Box:
- Double-DIN DVD A/V receiver with integrated 6.95" LCD touchscreen monitor (10A fuse inserted in chassis)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (CXE3877)
- CR2025 3V lithium battery (installed in remote)
- 58" USB extension cable (with a male USB type-A connector on one end and a female USB type-A connector on other end)
- 8 Pan-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- 8 Flat-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- Owner's Manual (English)
- Owner's Manual (French)
- Owner's Manual (Spanish)
- Warranty sheet (USA/Canada)
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amp (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 6.95" touchscreen with multi-angle adjustments
- intuitive touchscreen controls
- 5 customizable display colors and customizable button illumination choices
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- remote control
- plays MP3/WMA/AAC files recorded on CD, DVD, and SD or SDHC memory cards
- supports DivX video playback from DVD-R/RW, CD-R/RW discs, or SD/SDHC cards
- JPEG picture file playback on CD discs or SD/SDHC cards
- high- and low-pass filters
- 8-band graphic equalizer with 7 preset EQ curves
- Auto EQ function automatically creates a sound curve for your car (optional microphone required)
- Advanced Sound Retriever
- built-in audio iPod control Pioneer's optional adapter required for viewing video content
- compatible with Pioneer Bluetooth adapter, satellite radio, navigation module, and HD Radio tuner
- inputs: rear A/V and USB inputs, SD card slot, rear-view camera input
- outputs: video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||USB and SD/SDHC|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Both|
|RMS Power Output||14 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
2-DIN Chassis: The Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as "Double DIN" or size DD), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets.
Note: As always, please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector to verify fit with your vehicle.
6.95" Motorized LCD Touchscreen Display: The AVH-P4300DVD features a 6.95" TFT Active Matrix, 16:9 wide screen touchscreen display. The resolution of the display is 1440 x 240 for a total of 345,600 pixels. The touchscreen allows you to control this unit or a connected component such as an iPod/iPhone, Satellite radio receiver, HD Radio tuner, USB Flash memory, or Bluetooth enabled device (via optional adapter). Menus appear on screen for making function choices, audio adjustments, and setting up the system. The unit's touchscreen display electronically slides down to load and eject your DVD/CD discs, as well as insert your SD memory card.
Note: The motorized touchscreen display is not removable.
Adjustable Angle: The multimedia head unit's LCD touchscreen display angle can be adjusted to five different positions, electronically.
Multilingual Display: The Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD offers English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish text.
Video Adjustments: You can store numerous video settings for each source and the optional rear view camera; including brightness (adjusts the black intensity), contrast (adjusts contrast) color (adjusts color saturation), hue (adjusts the tone of color), temperature (adjust the color temperature), RGB (adjusts phase shifting), and black level (emphasizes dark portions of images).
Widescreen Modes: You can choose from the following widescreen modes when playing back video:
- Full: A 4:3 picture is enlarged in the horizontal direction only, enabling you to enjoy a 4:3 picture without any omissions.
- Just: The picture is enlarged slightly at the center and the amount of enlargement increases horizontally toward the ends of the picture.
- Zoom: A 4:3 picture is enlarged in the same proportion both vertically and horizontally; ideal for a 16:9 screen.
- Cinema: A picture is enlarged by the same proportion as Full or Zoom in the horizontal direction and by an intermediate proportion between Full and Zoom in the vertical direction.
- Normal: A 4:3 picture is displayed as it is.
On Screen Display Color And Background Adjustment: The color of the on-screen display can be set to red, amber, green, blue or white. The background can be set to one of four preset still images, one of three preset movie images, a stored JPEG image, a video image from the external input, the clock, or turned Off.
Note: To view a video image, the background image needs to be set to 'Off'.
Front-Panel Controls With Adjustable Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons along the bottom edge of the screen. The color of the button illumination can be set to red, amber, green, blue, white, or scan (constantly cycling through the color spectrum). You can also create a custom color using the unit's on-screen menu.
Dimmer: To prevent the display from being too bright at night, the display is automatically dimmed when the car's headlights are turned on. You can turn the dimmer on or off. The automatic dimmer function only works when the orange/white illumination wire in the wiring harness is connected to the vehicle's headlight circuit.
Parking Brake Interlock: This unit has a parking brake interlock system that prohibits viewing of video programming and operating certain controls when the vehicle is in motion. In order to watch video on the in-dash monitor, the vehicle must be parked with the parking brake engaged.
24-Bit/96kHz DAC: For superb quality audio playback from DVDs, CDs, and flash media, the Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD is equipped with a 24-bit/96kHz digital-to-analog converter.
MOSFET50 Internal Amplifier: This receiver is equipped with a 50 watts x 4 (peak) MOSFET amplifier for low distortion, high power output. The amplifier is strong enough to power small subwoofers to moderate volume levels in compact cars and pickups. For higher volume levels from subwoofers, an optional amplifier may be connected to the preamp outputs.
CEA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the AVH-P4300DVD are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (or 50 watts x 2 channels at 4 ohms + 70 watts x 1 channel at 2 ohms for subwoofer)
EEQ (Easy EQ): there are seven stored equalizer curves which you can easily recall at any time. You can choose from - Powerful, Natural, Vocal, Super Bass, Flat, Custom 1, or Custom 2.
8-Band Graphic EQ: The Custom 1 and Custom 2 EQ modes allow you to manually adjust the level (+/- 12dB) of each band of the head unit's 8-band graphic equalizer (40Hz, 80Hz, 200Hz, 400Hz, 1kHz, 2.5kHz, 8kHz, and10kHz).
Auto EQ (Optional): The auto-equalizer automatically measures your car's interior acoustic characteristics, and then creates an auto-equalizer curve base on that information. The Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone (130CDMC20, sold separately) is required to use this function. The Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone plugs into your compatible Pioneer A/V receiver's front-panel 3.5mm input (located behind slide-down touchscreen). The Auto-EQ microphone should be placed in the center of your vehicle's driver seat headrest facing forward for EQ measurement.
Sonic Center Control: Sound that is suited for the listening position can easily be created with this function. You can adjust sound more toward the listening position left (7) to right (7).
Loudness: The Loudness function compensates for deficiencies in the low- and high-frequency ranges at low volume. You can set the Loudness to High, Mid, Low, or Off.
Bass Boost: You can easily boost the subwoofer bass level by using the Bass Boost function. The Bass Boost feature allows you increase the subwoofer level from 0 to +6.
Advanced Sound Retriever: The Advanced Sound Retriever automatically enhances compressed audio and restores the original richness of the recording. When the Advanced Sound Retriever is on, the high frequency range is compensated to match the frequency response curve to the original sound. There are two available levels of the Advanced Sound Retriever effect.
Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the volume level of the FM tuner, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4 dB to +4 dB.
Three 4-Volt Preamp Outputs: The Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD is equipped with three 4-Volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer). The front and rear speakers are fading with high-pass crossover filters, while the subwoofer output is non-fading with a low-pass crossover filter.
- Front and Rear Preamp Outputs: If you do not want low frequency sounds to play from the front or rear speaker preamp outputs (or speaker outputs), you can turn on the 12dB/octave High Pass Filter. The HPF has a selectable cutoff frequency (50, 63, 80, 100, or 125 Hz). Only frequencies higher than those in the selected range are output through the speakers.
- Subwoofer Output: The unit has a pair of dedicated non-fading RCA subwoofer outputs with a low-pass filter, phase adjustment, and output level. When the subwoofer output is turned on, you can select the frequency of the 18dB/octave low pass filter (50, 63, 80, 100, or 125 Hz), select the subwoofer phase (normal/reverse), and the subwoofer gain (+6 to -24).
Rear Channel Speaker Output: You can choose to use the rear channel output (speaker and preout) for full-range speaker or subwoofer. If you select "subwoofer", you can connect a 4-ohm subwoofer directly to each rear speaker lead, or a 2-ohm subwoofer to one of the rear speaker leads, without using an external amplifier.
Telephone Mute/Attenuator: Sound from your system is muted or attenuated automatically when a phone signal is received when you have hardwired your mobile phone system to the mute wire (yellow/black) of this unit.
Supertuner IIID AM/FM Tuner: The Supertuner IIID features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
BSM (Best Stations Memory): BSM lets you automatically store the six strongest stations under preset buttons 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are 4 level of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations.
Satellite Radio Ready: You can connect and control an external satellite radio tuner from XM or Sirius. The XM or Sirius satellite radio tuner connects via the IP-Bus connector on the back of the head unit.
- XM Satellite Radio: The head unit is compatible with the GEX-P920XM (130P920XM, sold separately) Pioneer XM receiver.
- Sirius Satellite Radio: For Sirius there are two options; connect the SC-C1 SiriusConnect Universal Vehicle tuner and the CD-SB10 Pioneer Sirius Satellite Radio interface (700SIRPION, sold separately), or use the Pioneer Sirius Satellite Radio interface (130CDSB10, sold separately) and the SIRIUS dock-and-play adapter (607SCVDOC1, sold separately) along with a compatible portable SIRIUS radio.
Note: A subscription to XM or Sirius, plus the proper antenna is required in order to receive satellite radio programming.
HD Radio Ready: This unit is compatible with the optional Pioneer GEX-P20HD HD Radio tuner (130GEXP20H, sold separately) allowing you to tune available HD Radio stations. HD Radio features high quality audio, FM multi-casting, and data services. The add-on HD Radio tuner also supports iTunes Tagging which allows you to save song information (tag) from an HD Radio broadcasting station to your connected iPod or iPhone. The saved songs will show up in a playlist called "Tagged" in iTunes the next time you sync your iPod. Then you can directly buy the songs you want from the iTunes Music Store. The optional HD Radio tuner connects through the head unit's IP-BUS interface.
Note: Right now there are about 2,000 radio stations broadcasting using digital HD Radio technology in the U.S. To find HD Radio stations in your area, visit the HD Radio website (HDRadio.com).
Multimedia Compatibility: The Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD features a hidden DVD/CD disc slot and SD/SDHC memory card slot behind its motorized slide-down face. The unit's motorized touchscreen display electronically slide-down to insert or eject a DVD/CD disc or SD/SDHC memory card.
- Disc Compatibility: The AVH-P4300DVD supports playback of DVD Video, DVD-R/DL, DVD-RW, CD Audio, CD-Text, CD-R, CD-RW, and Video CD discs (12cm only).
- SD/SDHC Compatibility: This unit will support SD (up to 4 GB) and SDHC (4 GB to 32 GB) memory cards .
Compressed Audio Playback: This unit can play MP3 (8-320 kbps), WMA, (5-320 kbps), and AAC (8-320 kbps) audio files recorded on CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, and DVD-RW discs, as well as SD/SDHC-cards. The unit is compatible with ID3/WMA Tags and will display artist, folder, file, and album name, plus comments.
- Disc Requirements: MP3/WMA/AAC files must be recorded in Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, and Romeo formats for CD-R/RW discs (UDF 1.02 (for DVD-R/RW discs). Up to 8 directories, 700 folders and 999 files per CD-R/CD-RW (3500 for DVD-R/RW) are recognized by this unit.
- SD Card Requirements: MP3/WMA/AAC files must be recorded in FAT 12/16/32. Up to 65,535 files, 6,000 folders (255 files per folder), and up to 8 tiers can be played back.
JPEG Picture File Playback: You can play back JPEG still images (up to a resolution of 8,192 x 7,680) recorded on CD-R/RW discs and SD/SDHC memory cards. The unit automatically starts a slideshow from the first folder/picture on the disc. The player displays the pictures in each folder in alphabetical order. The slideshow interval can be set to 5, 10, or 15 seconds (or set to manual). JPEG images can also be rotated 90° clockwise.
DivX Video Compatibility: This unit supports DivX video file playback recorded onto DVD-R/RW and CD-R/RW discs, as well as SD-cards. The AVH-P4300DVD supports the following DivX formats (Home Theater ver. 3/4/5.2/6). The recommended DivX file size is 2 Mbps or less with a transmission rate of 2 GB or less.
Playback Functions: The Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD offers the following playback functions.
- Automatic Playback: When a DVD disc with DVD menu is inserted, this unit will cancel the DVD menu automatically and start playback from the first chapter of the first title.
- Bookmark (Resume Playback): The Bookmark function lets you resume playback from a selected scene the next time the disc is loaded.
- Frame-By-Frame Playback: This feature lets you movie ahead on frame at a time during playback of your DVD or Video CD.
- Slow Motion Forward: When playing a DVD or Video CD, you can choose to play back video in slow motion (no audio).
- Repeat Play: Audio/Video content can be repeated. You can choose from Disc (entire disc), Chapter (current chapter), Title (current title), Track (current track), File (current file), Folder (current folder), or One (current video/song/track).
- Random (Shuffle) Play: Audio/Video can be played back in a random order. You can choose from Songs (videos/songs in selected list), Albums (videos/songs from selected album), Folder (songs/tracks in selected folder), or Disc (all songs/tracks on disc).
Search Functions: The AVH-P4300DVD provides the following search functions.
- Track Title List: You can select tracks to playback using the track title list which is a list of the tracks recorded on a disc.
- Scene Search: You can use the search function on the unit's on-screen display to search for a desired scene on your DVD by specifying a title and chapter track.
- Return to Scene: You can return to the specified scene where the DVD you are currently playing has been preprogrammed to return.
- Skip Search: You can skip to the previous/next track, file, folder, title, or chapter on a disc.
- Fast Forward/Reverse: You can fast forward/reverse through a current track, file, or title on a disc.
Multi-Angle Display: This function allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles.
Note: This function is limited to DVDs recorded with multiple camera angles.
Multi-Audio: DVDs can provide audio playback with different languages and different systems (Dolby Digital, DTS, etc; external processor required to decode Dolby Digital and DTS). With DVDs featuring multi-audio recordings you can switch between languages/audio systems during playback.
Multi-Subtitle: With DVDs featuring multi-subtitle recordings, you can switch between subtitle languages during playback of your disc.
Parental Lock: This unit features an 8-level Parental Lock system protected by a user-selected 4-digit password to prevent certain DVD's from being played back on the AVH-P4300DVD.
Off Insert/Eject: A disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
Auto Off Eject: When you eject a disc, the unit will automatically power off (unless you switch sources before ejecting the disc).
Installation Angle: Optimum CD playback performance is obtained when the unit is installed at an angle of less than 30-degrees.
USB Port: The AVH-P4300DVD has a female Type-A USB 2.0 Full Speed port on its rear-panel and comes supplied with a 5' USB extension cable. You can plug in a USB portable audio player or a USB memory device. This unit is compatible with USB Mass Storage Class compliant portable audio player and memory devices, loaded with MP3 (8-320 kbps), WMA (5-320 kbps), and AAC (8- 320 kbps) files recorded in FAT 16/32. Up to 65,535 files, 6,000 folders (255 files per folder), and up to 8 tiers can be played back. This unit also supports JPEG still image files (up to 8,192 x 7,680 pixels) and DivX video files (.avi or .divx) loaded on a USB mass storage device. The AVH-P4300DVD offers the following USB search, playback, and display functions.
- Search Modes:
- File Name List: select tracks to playback using the file name list, which is a list of the files stored on your USB device
- Skip Search: skip to the previous/next file or folder on your connected USB device
- Fast Forward/Reverse: fast forward/reverse through a current audio/video file on your connected USB device
- Playback Modes:
- Repeat: File (current file), Folder (current folder), or All (all files)
- Random: Folder (files within selected folder) or All (all files)
- Slide Show: automatically starts a slideshow from the first folder/picture on the USB device
- Display Modes:
- Numeric Text: track number and elapsed playing time
- Alphanumeric Text: song title, artist name, and album label
- Images: album art, JPEG still image, or DivX video image
Note: This unit cannot recognize USB devices via a USB hub.
iPod/iPhone AV Playback: The Pioneer multimedia head unit supports both audio/video playback from a compatible iPod or iPhone. Using your iPod or iPhone's USB/Dock cable you can enjoy audio playback of music, podcasts, and Apps stored on your iPod or iPhone. Using the Pioneer CD-IU200V iPod/iPhone connector cable (130IU200V, sold separately), you can also enjoy video playback of movies, TV shows, video podcasts, and music videos stored on your iPod or iPhone. The CD-IU200V iPod/iPhone connector cable plugs into the unit's USB port (using the supplied USB extension cable) and the unit's A/V Aux input terminal.
Note: Video can only be displayed while the vehicle is in park (the unit will display "Audio Only" when your vehicle is in motion).
iPod/iPhone DAC Bypass: Because the Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD uses its USB connection for audio & control transfer, your iPod/iPhone's stored music is loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality is maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal-to-Noise ratio up to 96dB.
iPod/iPhone Control: The Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD offers 3 iPod/iPhone control modes - head unit, Passenger, and App mode.
- head unit Control: To make operating and searching easy,
operations to control your iPod/iPhone with this unit's touchscreen are
designed to be as similar to the iPod/iPhone as possible.
- Music Browsing: You can search your iPod/iPhone's audio/video content by category (Video Playlist, Movie, Music Video, Video Podcast, TV Show, Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, or Audiobook). Each category is then listed alphabetically to ensure easy access to each audio/video file.
- Link Search: In addition, the head unit offers Link Search, which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Search lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre.
- Random & Repeat: You can also select random and repeat functions for a certain song, specific category, or your entire iPod/iPhone's music library.
- Passenger: The Passenger control mode allows you to control audio/video content from your connected iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. This is very useful for the person riding in your passenger seat.
- App Mode: The App Mode lets you enjoy video content from iTunes apps, such as - Safari, YouTube, Netflix, and other select apps (iPhone app must support video output) from your iPhone 4 on the Pioneer head unit's high resolution touchscreen. You can control basic playback functions (Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Reverse Previous/Next) of these applications from the Pioneer head unit. The App Mode feature can only be accessed when the vehicle is in park and the hand-brake is fully engaged.
Note: The App mode is only supported by the iPhone 4.
iPod/iPhone Display: The multimedia head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information, including - Track number, Folder number, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, Album label, and Album art.
Note: There is no music information displayed when this unit is set to 'App Mode'. Instead, all music information will be displayed on your iPod/iPhone's LCD screen. The head unit's LCD touchscreen will only display the text - 'App Mode'.
iTunes Tagging: The multimedia head unit's built-in AM/FM RDS tuner supports iTunes Tagging, so you can save a song's information (tag) from an FM RDS broadcasting station to your connected iPod/iPhone. iTunes Tagging gives you the ability to "tag" your favorite FM RDS radio station songs and store the information on your connected iPod/iPhone; without having to scramble for a piece of scrap paper in the car or remember what song it was. Then later you can connect your iPod/iPhone to your PC and preview or purchase the "tagged" music at the iTunes Music Store. The songs will show up in a playlist called "Tagged" in iTunes the next time you sync your iPod/iPhone. Then you can directly buy the songs you want from the iTunes Music Store.
Pandora App: Pandora App lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD using your connected Apple iPhone, via the Pioneer CD-IU200V iPod connector cable (sold separately) or the USB/iPod dock cable that came with your iPhone. To access Pandora you must have an Apple iPhone (ver. 3.0), iPhone 3G (ver. 3.0 or later), iPhone 3GS (ver.3.0 or later), or iPhone 4 (ver. 4.0) with the latest version of the Pandora application from Apple's iTunes App Store. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account. The Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD provides control over your Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information; as well as Album art.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
iPod/iPhone Charging: The head unit's USB connection will power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone battery when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position.
Note: If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Pioneer AVH-4300DVD is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of January 2011):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||iTunes Tagging||Pandora App||Charge|
|Audio||Video||head unit||iPod/iPhone||App Mode||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to revert to the older software version or wait until a newer software update is available.
AV Auxiliary Input: The AVH-P4300DVD has an AV 3.5mm mini-jack auxiliary input on the rear-panel panel for connecting a portable audio/video device.
AV RCA Input: There is a rear-panel A/V input (composite video/stereo RCA audio) for connecting a video component such as a VCR or game console.
AV Output (with Dual Zone): The AVH-P4300DVD features a rear-panel composite RCA video/3.5mm audio output that allows you to connect an external display to the unit. You can playback audio/video content from a DVD/CD disc, the front AV input, the rear AV input, or the same source as the built-in monitor. You can select the unit to output a 16:9, Letter-Box or Pan-Scan aspect ratio to match your external display's screen size.
Note: You cannot play DivX files on the unit's monitor and a connected external monitor at the same time.
Rear View Camera: The AVH-P4300DVD is equipped with a composite video Rear View Camera input. The head unit features a function that automatically switches to the rear camera image (Rear View Camera In jack) when an optional rear camera (130NDBC4, sold separately) is installed on your vehicle. When your vehicle's shift lever is in the reverse position, the screen automatically switches to the rear view camera (the purple/white wire in the wiring harness must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching).
Navigation Ready: The Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD is equipped with a proprietary multi-pin jack which allows you to connect the Pioneer AVIC-U220 add-on navigation unit (130AVIC220, sold separately).
Optional Bluetooth Adapter: In addition, you can use this unit to control a CD-BTB200 Bluetooth adapter (130BTB200, sold separately) for your compatible Bluetooth mobile phone or Bluetooth portable audio player. The Pioneer CD-BTB200 Bluetooth Adapter allows you to make and receive calls wirelessly and hands-free on your Bluetooth-equipped cellular telephone through this Pioneer "Bluetooth Adapter Ready" head unit. The CD-BTB200 comes with a microphone for making and answering your calls. You can hear the other party through the vehicle's speaker system. The unit connects to the head unit via the supplied IP-BUS cable, and has an IP-BUS pass-through for daisy chaining another component.
Note: Not all Bluetooth mobile devices will be compatible. Visit Pioneer's website for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled phones.
Wireless Remote Control: The Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD includes an IR remote control (CXE3877) for wireless operation of the multimedia head unit and your connected devices.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit to allow you to keep your vehicle's radio steering wheel remote controls when used with the optional PAC SWI-PS Steering Wheel Control Interface Adapter (127SWIPS, sold separately); or the optional Metra ASWC Steering Wheel Control Interface Adapter (120ASWC, sold separately).
Note: Please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.