Pioneer PRS Series: The Pioneer PRS
series amplifiers cleanly amplify the music signal, free of distortion or added
Class FD ICEpower Amplifier: This Class-FD (Full Range Class-D)
ICEpower amplifier combines ultra-efficient Class-D circuitry and ICEpower
digital amplifier technology for cleaner, truer sound quality featuring tight
bass with minimal lag effect and crisp, airy mids and highs. Another benefit of
the Class FD design, is that it consumes far less current than traditional
amplifier designs. This results in less draw on your vehicle's alternator. It
also allows for a compact chassis (heatsink) that takes up less space and
provides more installation flexibility.
2-Ohm Stable:The amp
can be connected to loads with impedances as low as 2 Ohm. The lower the impedance, the higher the power output:
- 75 watts x 4-channels in 4-ohms
- 150 watts x 4-channels in 2-ohms
- 300 watts x 2-channels in 4-ohms (Bridged)
Independent Signal Circuitry: The PRS series amplifiers
feature Left and Right independent signal circuitry that eliminates signal
interference between the channels and achieves excellent channel separation
throughout a wider frequency range.
Custom-Made Power Supply Capacitor Bank: In the quest for
optimal bass, Pioneer focused on the PRS amplifier's power handling. With a
high-capacity, custom-made capacitor bank adapted to the power supply section,
this amp supplies power with rock-solid stability, and does an excellent job of
reproducing low-frequency sound.
Controls: The PRS-D4200F is equipped with independent
settings for the front and rear channels of amplifier. The following controls and switches
are found on the top of the amplifier under a removable aluminum cover-plate:
- Input Switch: The amplifier's input switch allows you to select
between inputting an audio signal from a car stereo's RCA preamp output
(using optional RCA cable) or a car stereo speaker output (using supplied
- Gain: A rotary control (6.5V to 0.4V) to set the input sensitivity of the amp.
- Variable Crossover: The amplifier is equipped with a low-pass and
high-pass crossover filter which can be set between 40 and 500Hz. The
amplifier's crossover can also be turned off for full-range operation.
Connections: All of the
amp's connections are located on one side of the amplifier. The connections include:
- Fuses: two 30A ATO fuses
- Power: set screw terminal capable of accepting up to 4 gauge wire
- System Control: set screw terminal capable of accepting up to 10 gauge wire
- Ground:set screw terminal capable of accepting up to 4 gauge wire
- Inputs: 2 pair of stereo RCA jacks for line-level input signal
(can be used for speaker-level input with included Low-to High-level
- Output: 1 pair of stereo RCA jacks for daisy-chaining and
- Speaker Outputs: set screw terminals capable of accepting up to 8 gauge wire
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.