Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Pioneer Stage 4 PRS-D4200F
4-channel car amplifier 75 watts RMS x 4
Item # 130D4200F | MFR # PRS-D4200F
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Pioneer Stage 4 PRS-D4200F by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Pure power from Pioneer
Pioneer Class FD amplifiers offer the superior performance of ICEpower digital amplifier technology, along with the cool operation of a Class D design.
Flexible 4-channel or 2-channel operation
The Stage 4 PRS-D4200F 4-channel amplifier delivers 75 watts RMS per channel, ideal for driving high-quality components or your front and rear speakers. Switch over to 2-channel mode, and the amp will send 300 watts RMS per channel to a pair of subs. The PRS-D4200F uses ICEpower amp circuitry to deliver excellent sound quality and strong bass response. Built-in high- and low-pass filters allow you to adjust the amp's output to maximize speaker efficiency.
You'll find many innovations in this amplifier that were developed exclusively by Pioneer. Custom-made power supply capacitors keep output stable when you're driving the amp hard, and allow the amp to reproduce sudden peaks without distortion.
Heavy-duty, gold-plated block terminals accept your power, ground, and speaker wiring all terminals and connections are located on one side for easy installation. The PRS-D4200F offers speaker- and preamp-level inputs, so you can connect easily to almost any system.
Class FD amplifier design
The PRS-D4200F uses a Class FD design that combines the efficiency of a Class D amplifier with the extreme accuracy of ICEpower technology. The Class FD circuitry compares the amplified signal to the original input signal, making corrections instantly so you hear clean, accurate sound.
Pioneer's Stage 4 System
Check out all the products in Pioneer's Stage 4 System, including receiver, speakers, subs, and amps.
Been running stage 4 amps for about a month now..I have 3 high end home systems. .These amps have all the clarity and sparkle that my home amps do...I wouldn't buy anything else. ..
James, Savannah, Georgia
What's in the Box:
- Class-D 4-channel amplifier
- Two 9.5" Speaker-to-RCA adapters
- 4 Self-tapping screws (4mm x 30mm)
- 4mm Allen wrench
- 2mm Allen wrench
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty sheet
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 75 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (150 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 300 watts RMS x 2 in bridged mode (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable high- and low-pass filters (40-500 Hz, 12 dB per octave)
- MOSFET output power and custom-made power capacitors
- ICEpower IC chip and Class FD circuitry
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs
- fuse rating: 30A x 2
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 11-7/8"W x 2-1/4"H x 9-11/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Pioneer Stage 4 PRS-D4200F Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
75 x 4
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||150 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||150 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||300 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-50k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||100 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-500 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-500 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Included adapters|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Pioneer PRS Series: The Pioneer PRS series amplifiers cleanly amplify the music signal, free of distortion or added color.
Class FD ICEpower Amplifier: This Class-FD (Full Range Class-D) ICEpower amplifier combines ultra-efficient Class-D circuitry and ICEpower digital amplifier technology for cleaner, truer sound quality featuring tight bass with minimal lag effect and crisp, airy mids and highs. Another benefit of the Class FD design, is that it consumes far less current than traditional amplifier designs. This results in less draw on your vehicle's alternator. It also allows for a compact chassis (heatsink) that takes up less space and provides more installation flexibility.
2-Ohm Stable: The amp can be connected to loads with impedances as low as 2 Ohm. The lower the impedance, the higher the power output:
- 75 watts x 4-channels in 4-ohms
- 150 watts x 4-channels in 2-ohms
- 300 watts x 2-channels in 4-ohms (Bridged)
Independent Signal Circuitry: The PRS series amplifiers feature Left and Right independent signal circuitry that eliminates signal interference between the channels and achieves excellent channel separation throughout a wider frequency range.
Custom-Made Power Supply Capacitor Bank: In the quest for optimal bass, Pioneer focused on the PRS amplifier's power handling. With a high-capacity, custom-made capacitor bank adapted to the power supply section, this amp supplies power with rock-solid stability, and does an excellent job of reproducing low-frequency sound.
Controls: The PRS-D4200F is equipped with independent settings for the front and rear channels of amplifier. The following controls and switches are found on the top of the amplifier under a removable aluminum cover-plate:
- Input Switch: The amplifier's input switch allows you to select between inputting an audio signal from a car stereo's RCA preamp output (using optional RCA cable) or a car stereo speaker output (using supplied RCA-to-Speaker adapter).
- Gain: A rotary control (6.5V to 0.4V) to set the input sensitivity of the amp.
- Variable Crossover: The amplifier is equipped with a low-pass and high-pass crossover filter which can be set between 40 and 500Hz. The amplifier's crossover can also be turned off for full-range operation.
Connections: All of the amp's connections are located on one side of the amplifier. The connections include:
- Fuses: two 30A ATO fuses
- Power: set screw terminal capable of accepting up to 4 gauge wire
- System Control: set screw terminal capable of accepting up to 10 gauge wire
- Ground: set screw terminal capable of accepting up to 4 gauge wire
- Inputs: 2 pair of stereo RCA jacks for line-level input signal (can be used for speaker-level input with included Low-to High-level adapters)
- Output: 1 pair of stereo RCA jacks for daisy-chaining and external amplifier.
- Speaker Outputs: set screw terminals capable of accepting up to 8 gauge wire
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.