Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Our take on the Pioneer CDX-FM673
Pioneer built the FM modulator into the chassis of the 6-disc CDX-FM673 so that you wouldn't need to find a place in your vehicle to hide a "black box." With 12 modulation frequencies, you'll have no problem locking on to a clear channel. Source level adjustment lets you match CD level to that of your FM radio.
You control all CD changes with the wired remote/display unit. Since you can mount Pioneer CD changers at any angle from 0 to 90 degrees, installation is easier. And that makes the job more fun!
Antenna adapters might be required if you haven't already done so, please enter your vehicle information (click on "What Fits My Car?" above) and we'll include them free with your order (if needed).Details:
- built-in FM modulator no extra black box to install
- plays CD-R and CD-RW discs
- 7-level output adjustment
- mounts from 0 to 90 degrees
- 12 modulation frequencies
- wired remote/display
- dimensions: (changer) 9-13/16"W x 2-5/8"H x 7-5/16"D; (control/display) 3-15/16"W x 1-11/16"H x 5/8"D
- 1-year warranty
What's in the Box:
- 6-Disc CD changer with 4 red transport screws and attached transport screw note
- JD-612S 6-disc CD magazine
- 2 Magazine labels
- 2 Metal mounting brackets
- Power wiring harness (35" ground wire/18' power wire with in-line 1-kohm fuse resistor/18' constant wire with in-line noise suppressor and in-line 2-amp fuse)
- CXB6803 Display unit with attached 37" cable
- Antenna switching unit with attached 10" male RCA changer input cable and 17" male Motorola output cable
- 18' Display unit cable
- 17.5' Changer RF output cable (male mono mini-jack on one end and female RCA jack on the other end)
- Display mounting cup
- Display mounting cup bracket
- 1 Release pin
- 2 Machine screws
- One 2.5" strip of hook and loop fastener
- 1 Self-adhesive cable guide
- Four 2" bolts (each bolt has a flat washer and a lock washer)
- 4 Hex/Phillips head self-tapping screws
- 4 Hex nuts
- 4 Hex/Phillips head machine screws (each screw has a flat washer)
- 4 Self-adhesive transport screw hole covers
- Bag to store transport screws
- "Bag for keeping transportation screws" note
- Operation Manual
- Installation Manual
- Warranty sheet
- Product Registration card
Built-In FM Modulator: For increased installation flexibility, the compact changer has the FM modulator built-in.
Modulation Frequencies: The modulator has 12 FM modulation frequencies. You can select the following modulation frequencies from the wired remote/display unit: 87.9, 88.1, 88.3, 88.5, 88.7, 88.9, 89.1, 89.3, 89.5, 89.7, 89.9 or 90.1MHz.
Double-Floating Anti-Vibration System: This changer has a double-floating anti-vibration system for skip-resistant performance.
Repeat Play: The changer can repeat the current track or the current disc.
Random Play: The changer can play all tracks on the current disc in random order or all tracks on all discs in random order.
Mounting Angles: You can install this changer at any angle from 0 to 90 degrees. There are angle switching dials on both sides of the unit that must be set to agree with the mounting angle of the unit.
Source Level Adjustment: A source level adjuster allows you to match the CD output level with the FM level. You can select one of seven different levels. The adjustment must be made from the wired remote/display unit.
CD Compatibility: This unit will play prerecorded audio CDs, finalized CD-R discs and finalized CD-RW discs.
Controls On CXB6803 Wired Remote/Display Unit:
- Power/Adjust: Turns power on/off and accesses settings mode
- P.Mode: Selects repeat and random modes
- Pause: Pauses playback
- DISC Up/Down: Selects discs and modulation frequency
- TRACK/FF&REV: Selects tracks and source output level
Display: The display shows disc number, track number, elapsed track playing time, repeat play mode, random play mode and play indicator (spinning CD icon).
Connections On Back Panel Of Changer:
- Power: 3-pin male input for supplied power wiring harness
- Output: Female mini-jack output which accepts the connector on the RF output cable. The RF output cable then attaches to the antenna switching unit.
- Display: 5-pin male input for wired remote/display unit
Wired Remote/Display Unit: W=3.933", H=1.588", D=0.719"
Display Mounting Bracket: If you wish to dash mount the wired remote/display unit using the supplied bracket, you will need a 4.178"W x 1.661"H cutout with a depth of 0.587".
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.