Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
XM Digital Satellite Radio Tuner
Our take on the Pioneer GEX-P910XM by Crutchfield's Matt Freeman
You can join the millions who enjoy the amazing variety of XM Satellite Radio. If you already own a Pioneer CD receiver with XM tuner controls, you can add XM Satellite Radio capability with the GEX-P910XM tuner module. Connect the GEX-P910XM tuner module, install an XM-compatible antenna (required, not included), and you're ready to subscribe to XM Satellite Radio. (The XM tuner is also compatible with many Pioneer changer-controlling receivers see Key Features below.)
XM offers digital-quality music, news, sports and entertainment, anywhere in the lower 48 states. (Subscription required service not available in Alaska, Hawaii, and U.S. Territories.)
The tuner module has a small footprint, and comes with plenty of cabling, so you'll have lots of installation options for mounting it. If you connect it to a 2003 Pioneer XM-compatible receiver, the receiver will display 16 characters of song, artist, and channel information. Tune in to XM with your Pioneer receiver, and let 21st century radio take you away.
- XM tuner module (must be connected to Pioneer CD receiver with XM tuner controls)
- the XM tuner is also compatible with any Pioneer receiver with all of the following: 1) the letter "P" in the model number; 2) a "Function" or "F" key; and 3) an 8-letter character display connection of the XM tuner does not disable your receiver's changer controls
- XM channel, program, artist, or song name displays on Pioneer receiver's 16-character readout (2002 and older models display 8 characters)
- cabling for connection of module to Pioneer receiver
- tuner module: 8-11/16"W x 1-1/8"H x 6-1/4"D
- 1-year warranty
What's in the Box:
- XM Satellite Digital Tuner
- 19.25' Power harness/IP-Bus cable
- 2 Metal mounting brackets
- 1 Metal antenna protection bracket
- 2 Machine screws
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- 4 Hex head machine screws (each screw has a flat washer)
- Operation Manual
- Installation Manual
- Warranty sheet
Features and Specs
|Built-in FM Transmitter||No|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: When used with a compatible Pioneer IP-Bus head unit, this tuner allows you to receive XM's programming in your vehicle. In addition to this tuner, you must have a Pioneer XM-ready receiver, subscription to XM Radio and an XM-compatible antenna to receive XM digital satellite radio signals.
Note: Satellite radio service is available only within the continental United States. Service is not available in Alaska and Hawaii.
Compatibility: The XM tuner is compatible with any Pioneer receiver with all of the following: 1) the letter "P" in the model number; 2) a "Function" or "F" key; and 3) an 8-letter character display.
XM Satellite Radio: XM Satellite Radio programming features up to 100 channels of digital-quality music, news, talk, sports, entertainment, and children's programming nationwide, many of which are commercial-free. For a monthly subscription fee, you can receive XM signals in your car.
16 Character XM Satellite Radio Information: This tuner will pass 16 characters of display data to Pioneer radios with XM Satellite Radio tuner controls (2002 and older models display 8 characters). Information available for display includes channel names, artist names/feature, song/program titles, channel numbers, and channel categories. Information longer than 16 characters (or 8 characters for 2002 and older models) will scroll across the display.
Selecting Channels: The tuner allows you to select channels by number or category. Channels are organized into various program categories. You can search between the different categories and then search among the channels within each category.
Preset Memory: You can set a total of 18 channels in the receiver's preset memory.
Inputs and Outputs
Front Panel of Tuner:
- Power Supply: 3-pin male connector for use with the power section of the Power harness/IP-Bus cable
- IP-Bus In: 11-pin male connector that allows you to connect an optional Pioneer CD changer
- IP-Bus Out: 11-pin male connector that connects to compatible Pioneer head unit
- To XM Antenna 1: terrestrial antenna input (green)
- To XM Antenna 2: satellite antenna input (yellow)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.