Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
XM satellite radio
Our take on the Pioneer GEX-P920XM by Crutchfield's Matt Freeman
Have an XM-compatible Pioneer in-dash stereo? Connect the GEX-P920XM radio to it, and enjoy the programming variety of XM Satellite Radio in your vehicle. With your Pioneer stereo, you can then surf XM's content by channel number or category, view artist and song titles on the stereo's display, and save up to 18 channels as presets.
The package includes the cable you'll need to connect the GEX-P920XM to your stereo, plus the XM antenna you'll need to mount on your vehicle's roof in order to receive the signal.
Note: A subscription to XM is also required — learn about XM's programming. Satellite radio service is available only within Canada and the lower 48 states not available in Hawaii or U.S. territories. Portable reception may vary by location. If you have questions about the proposed XM/SIRIUS merger, read the XM Customer Promise. To view this file, you will need the Adobe Acrobat PDF reader.
GOT THIS UNIT AS A SCRATCH AND DENT NOTHING WRONG WITH IT AT ALL. VERY EASY INSTALL AND SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS TO FOLLOW.
jlsmith, bremen ,GA
What's in the Box:
- XM Satellite Digital Tuner
- Magnetic base XM antenna with attached 16.5' cable
- Rubber grommet
- 4 Cable guides
- 19.5' Power harness/IP-Bus cable
- 2 Metal mounting brackets
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- 4 Hex head machine screws (each screw has a flat washer)
- Operation Manual
- Installation Manual
- Warranty sheet
- On line registration form
- XM radio for XM-compatible Pioneer stereos
- also compatible with any Pioneer stereo with all of the following: 1) the letter "P" in the model number; 2) a "Function" or "F" key; and 3) an 8-letter character display
- XM channel, program, artist, or song name displays on Pioneer stereo's 16-character readout (2002 and older models display 8 characters)
- roof-mount antenna with 16-1/2' cable
- cabling for connection of module to Pioneer stereo
- pass-through for connection of an optional Pioneer CD changer
- radio dimensions: 7-1/16"W x 1-1/16"H x 6-3/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Pioneer GEX-P920XM Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Built-in FM Transmitter||No|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: When used with a compatible Pioneer IP-Bus head unit, this tuner allows you to receive XM's programming in your vehicle. In addition to this tuner, you must have a Pioneer XM-ready receiver and a subscription to XM Radio to receive XM digital satellite radio signals.
Note: Satellite radio service is available only within the contiguous United States. Service is not available in Alaska and Hawaii.
Compatibility: Generally this XM tuner is compatible with any Pioneer receiver with all of the following: 1) the letter "P" in the model number; 2) a "Function" or "F" key; and 3) an 8-character display (minimum).
Note: The manual specifies that this XM tuner is not compatible with the AVH-P6400CD, AVH-P6400, DEH-P8500MP, DEH-P850MP, or KEH-P2030.
XM Satellite Radio: XM Satellite Radio programming features over 170 channels of digital-quality music, news, talk, sports, entertainment, and children's programming nationwide, including 69 commercial-free music channels.
16 Character XM Satellite Radio Information: This tuner will pass 16 characters of display data to Pioneer radios with XM Satellite Radio tuner controls (2002 and older models display 8 characters). Information available for display includes channel names, artist names/feature, song/program titles, channel numbers, and channel categories. Information longer than 16 characters (or 8 characters for 2002 and older models) will not be displayed.
Selecting Channels: The tuner allows you to select channels by number or category. Channels are organized into various program categories. You can search between the different categories and then search among the channels within each category.
Preset Memory: You can set a total of 18 XM channels in the receiver's preset memory.
Front Panel of Tuner:
- Power Supply: 3-pin connector for use with the power section of the Power harness/IP-Bus cable
- IP-Bus In: 11-pin male connector that allows you to connect an optional Pioneer CD changer
- IP-Bus Out: 11-pin male connector that connects to compatible Pioneer head unit
- To XM Antenna: FAKRA-SMB input
- Width: 7.048"
- Height: 1.053"
- Depth: 6.129" (with cables)
Tuner with mounting bracket:
- Width: 9.517"
- Height: 1.176"
- Depth: 6.129" (with cables)
- Width: 1.112"
- Height: 0.527"
- Depth: 1.677" (with cables)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.