Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Pioneer SPH-DA110 AppRadio 3
Watch a product review
Crutchfield: Pioneer AppRadio 3 Smartphone Receiver
From Pioneer: App Radio Live
Our take on the Pioneer SPH-DA110 AppRadio 3 by Crutchfield's John Pollard
Enjoy your smartphone apps on the big screen
Face it, you can't live without your smartphone and the apps that help make your life easier. Pioneer's AppRadio 3 receiver lets you view those apps on its big 7” screen so it's easier to control them while you're on the road. You'll check out your favorite apps on a simplified menu that's designed for mobile use, so you can keep your eyes on the road instead of fumbling around with your phone.
The AppRadio 3 works with iPhone® 4, 4S, and 5, as well as select Android™ models, so you can enjoy compatibility regardless of what platform you're into. In order to enable all of these cool features offered by this Pioneer, you'll need to make sure that your smartphone's compatible with the AppRadio 3, and then pick out the right connection kit for your smartphone (sold separately).
Control your apps from the large 7" touchscreen.
Navigation, music streaming, and web browsing
AppRadio 3 has you covered by supporting some of the most popular apps available. You'll find plenty of apps to enjoy right now, including MotionX GPS Drive™, INRIX® traffic, AUPEO! Personal Radio, Pandora® Internet radio, and Pioneer's MIXTRAX, with more coming down the road. You'll have the advantage of a sleek app interface, and the apps will look great on the 7" capacitive touchscreen, which recognizes all zoom, swipe, and pinch gestures just like if you were using your smartphone.
Siri® Eyes Free
If you have an iPhone 4S or 5, you'll hear Siri's voice prompts through your vehicle's sound system, and you can make commands or ask questions through the microphone that's included with this receiver. You can set reminders, ask for songs, request directions, or anything else you'd normally do with your iPhone.
AppRadioLIVE makes it easy
Pioneer's innovative AppRadioLIVE streamlines your app info and functions into one easy-to-use interface. You'll enjoy quick access to your music, media, calendar, and other sources you subscribe to, just by downloading the AppRadioLIVE app and syncing your services. AppRadioLIVE works with your apps to provide visual map guidance and access to points of interest, as well as the ability to search for concerts, shows, and other local events of interest. And you can show several sources of information simultaneously, quickly shifting from one to another with a touch of your finger.
Note: AppRadio Mode and AppRadioLIVE are currently not compatible with iOS 8 due to stability and display issues. Please see "Details" for more information.
Works with Android™ phones and features MirrorLink™ connectivity
The AppRadio 3 doesn't leave Android by the wayside when it comes to features, either. Not only will its App Mode support many Android phones, but this receiver takes it to the next level with MirrorLink support. MirrorLink allows certain Nokia and Samsung smartphones (with more to come in the future) to display their interface on the AppRadio 3, so you can make phone calls, access map services, or check out music with ease. If you don't have a MirrorLink phone, you can still download a free Pioneer app that enables voice commands with your Android phone.
Talk hands-free and stream audio wirelessly with Bluetooth®
Built-in Bluetooth adds to the versatility of this cool receiver — pair your phone, and you'll be able to talk hands-free and access your phone book from the touchscreen. You can even stream audio from your smartphone to the receiver.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
Complement your setup with a phone mount
The AppRadio 3 requires input from your iPhone from time to time — most notably when running the MotionX GPS Drive app. It's a good idea to mount your iPhone where it's easy to reach. Check out our selection of Pro.Fit mounts.
This smartphone receiver will not play CDs. If you want to play discs in your vehicle, Pioneer's SPH-DA210 AppRadio 3 receiver will play CDs and DVDs.
I like the look of the head unit in the car. Looks very classy. The only issue is that things are a bit slow when moving from app to app.
Rick, Jacksonville, Fl
What's in the Box:
- AppRadio 3 smartphone receiver (10A fuse installed)
- Wiring harness
- Microphone (with attached 13' cable terminated by a right-angle male 2.5mm connector)
- Sun-visor clip
- GPS antenna (with attached 12' cable terminated by a SMB connector)
- Self-adhesive magnetic base
- HDMI cable holder
- 6 Pan-head ISO screws (M5 x 8mm)
- 6 Flat-head ISO screws (M5 x 9mm)
- AppRadio Start Up Guide (En/Fr)
- Installation Manual (En/Fr)
- Important Information for the User (En/Fr)
- Warranty Information (USA/Canada)
- Online Product Registration
- Lightning-connector note
- App Connection Settings note
- digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (no built-in CD player)
- touchscreen control over select apps
- MirrorLink™ for in-dash control of select Android™ smartphones (CD-MU200 interface cable required)
- built-in amplifier (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- 7" capacitive touchscreen display
- fits double-DIN (4"-tall) dash openings
- 5-band equalizer with 7 preset EQ curves
- inputs: rear USB input for smartphone connection kits (not compatible with USB devices), rear-view camera input
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear/subwoofer)
- included external GPS antenna for boosting signal while using GPS apps
Other features and specs:
Pioneer SPH-DA110 AppRadio 3 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||N/A|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power Output||14 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
Smartphone Connectivity: The Pioneer AppRadio 3 supports the most popular mobile platforms for in-car entertainment. Not only does it support Apple iOS and Android, but it also supports MirrorLink for Samsung and Sony, giving you the most choices in smartphone compatibility. The AppRadio 3 provides Apple 30-pin, Apple Lightning, USB, HDMI, and Bluetooth connectivity based on your type of smartphone. A smartphone connectivity kit will be required and sold separately.
Note: You will need to indicate which smartphone device you are using in the AppRadio 3's setup menu. This unit is not compatible w/ USB mass storage devices (such as a thumbdrive) and does not offer a disc player or changer controls.
Made for iPhone: The AppRadio 3 offers support for the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, and iPhone 5S. The AppRadio 3 is a true extension of your iPhone by giving you a 7" capacitive touchscreen to use familiar gestures you are already accustomed to on your phone. Use Pioneer CD-IU201N cable (130IU201N, sold separately) to connect your iPhone 4/4S. The following HDMI connectivity kit (700PIOIPH5, sold separately) is required for connection of your iPhone 5/5C/5S; you iPhone device will also need to be paired via Bluetooth to the AppRadio 3. Compatible iPhone models include (as of 6/26/2013)
- iPhone 4/4S (iOS 6+); plug the Pioneer CD-IU201N cable (sold separately) into the AppRadio 3's rear-panel 8-pin proprietary port.
- iPhone 4S (iOS 6+); plug the Pioneer CD-IU201N cable (sold separately) into the AppRadio 3's rear-panel 8-pin proprietary port.
- iPhone 5/5C/5S (iOS 6+); plug the HDMI connectivity kit (sold separately) into the AppRadio 3's rear-panel HDMI input and 8-pin proprietary port. Also
Designed for Android: Offering support for some of the most popular Android phones on the market and with the flexibility of the Android mobile platform, the AppRadio 3 provides the ability to control, view, and listen to compatible apps running on select Android powered smartphones. You will need Pioneer's Android cable (130CDAH200, sold separately) to connect your compatible Android smartphone. Plug this cable into the AppRadio 3's rear-panel USB (type-A) port and HDMI input. Compatible Android smartphone include (as of 6/26/2013).
- HTC: Amaze 4G (OS version 2.3.4), EVO 3D (OS version 4.0.3), Rezound (OS version 4.0.4), Sensation XE (OS version 4.0.3), One X+ (OS version 4.0.4)
- LG: Optimus 2X P990 (OS version 2.3.4), Optimus G (OS version 4.0.4), Optimus 4G (OS version 4.0.4)
- Motorola: Atrix 2 (OS version 2.3.6), Droid 4 (OS version 2.3.6), Droid Razr (OS 2.3.6), Droid Razr Maxx (OS 2.3.6), Droid Charge (OS 2.3.6)
- Samsung: Galaxy Nexus (OS version 4.1.2), Galaxy Note (OS version 4.0.3), Galaxy S II (OS version 4.0.3), Galaxy S II, Epic 4G Touch (OS version 2.3.6)
- Sony Ericsson: Xperia arc S (OS version 4.0.4), Xperia arc (OS version 4.0.4), Xperia neo V (OS version 4.0.4), Xperia neo (OS version 4.0.4), Xperis S (OS version 4.0.4), Xperia T (OS version 4.0.4), Xperia V (OS version 4.0.4)
Note: The Samsung Galaxy S3/4 requires an additional 3rd party MHL microUSB 5-pin to 11-pin adapter (sold separately). Not all Android devices are guaranteed to be compatible with the AppRadio 3. Click here for latest compatible Android smartphones tested by Pioneer.
MirrorLink: In addition to iOS and Android capabilities, AppRadio 3 introduces compatibility with MirrorLink, an in-vehicle connectivity standard created by the Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC). MirrorLink technology enables consumers to connect compatible smartphones to AppRadio 3 (or other compatible in-dash receivers) via a proprietary cable (sold separately) to access certain music and map applications for a more convenient and safer in-car experience. Similar to AppRadio Mode, MirrorLink is now integrated into the AppRadio 3 and offers a vehicle-specific interface and connectivity with MirrorLink certified devices from smartphone manufacturers such as Samsung and Sony. MirrorLink gives you a custom interface so you can access your music, map services, and your phone to make hands-free calls on-the-go. The Pioneer CD-MU200 MirrorLink Cable (130CDMU200, sold separately) is required to connect your MirrorLink-compatible Samsung or Sony smartphone. This cable plugs into the AppRadio 3's USB (type-A) port. Compatible Samsung and Sony models include (as of 12/19/2013).
- Samsung: Galaxy S 3, Galaxy Note 2; requires download of the "Drive Link" application from Samsung Apps.
- Sony: Xperia Z (with latest firmware update)
Note: For more information regarding MirrorLink, please visit www.mirrorlink.com.
Installed Firmware Version: The tested Pioneer AppRadio 3 contained firmware version 0.8.02. The unit can be updated via USB from the Pioneer website.
AppRadio App: Pioneer's AppRadio 3 utilizes your smartphone's data connection and existing wireless service to provide the ability to use many smartphone apps on the go. The Pioneer AppRadio 3 offers over 30 compatible phone apps (click here to view latest apps) for an in-dash smartphone experience in your vehicle. Simply download Pioneer's free of charge AppRadio application onto your iPhone 4/4S/5 or Android device (from iTunes or Google Play) and connect to the AppRadio 3 receiver using the appropriate Pioneer connectivity kit (sold separately) to access compatible apps right from the dash of your car. You can stream select music and entertainment apps, as well as navigation and driver-assist apps, plus weather and helpful utility apps. The app content is optimized for use on the AppRadio 3's capacitive touch screen and all touch, swipe, pinch, and zoom gestures are recognized as if you were directly interacting with your smartphone. The AppRadio app will even recommend and notify you of the latest compatible apps. You will need to purchase one of the following cable kits in order to connect your Apple iOS or Android device.
- The iPhone 4/4S requires the Pioneer CD-IU201N cable (130IU201N, sold separately).
- The iPhone 5/5C/5S requires the HDMI connectivity kit (700PIOIPH5, sold separately) and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Compatible Android Smartphones require the Pioneer Android cable (130CDAH200, sold separately).
Note: To access compatible apps you must have an Apple iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, or compatible Android smartphone with the latest version of the AppRadio application from the Apple's iTunes App Store or Android Market. Your iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, or Android smartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi.
AppRadioLive: Now within the AppRadio App mode is the AppRadioLive App for iPhone 4/4S and iPhone 5/5C/5S (iOS 7.1.2). The AppRadioLive app simplifies AppRadio mode and your drive by combining the information you need during your commute into a single, easy-to-use interface. Maps, media, news information, and your events calendar are within reach within a smooth and intuitive interface on the head unit's touchscreen.
- Maps: The AppRadioLive app uses the native maps from your smartphone overlaid with INRIX live traffic data to provide live traffic and incident information to give you an estimated time of arrival at your chosen destination. You can even use Yelp to find points of interest along the way, including restaurant ratings and reviews. The AppRadioLive map feature also allows destinations to b exported directly into any of the user's favorite AppRadio compatible navigation apps; such as MotionX-GPS Drive, iGO Primo, Navfree, and Waze to obtain route and voice guidance.
- Media: AppRadioLive also lets you play your stored music library directly from your smartphone. And, you can access over 25 millions songs from your Rdio account. Or, you can access over 25,000+ radio shows and podcasts from your Stitcher account.
- News: AppRadioLive lets you stay up to date on the latest news with the help of Feedly and text-to-speech technology. You can check the weather for your current location, home, work, or destination.
- Calendar Events: The AppRadioLive app lets you stay organized by accessing your smartphone's calendar and Facebook events in a single, simple interface. Learn about nearby concerts, sporting events and more with EventSeeker, and easily add those events to your calendar.
Note: AppRadio and AppRadioLive Modes are currently not compatible with iOS 8 due to stability and display issues. To maintain use of AppRadio Mode, please continue using iOS 7.1.2 with your iPhone. Click here for more details from Pioneer.
Navigation Apps: The Pioneer AppRadio 3 supports various navigation for the iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, and compatible Android smartphones.
- Smartphone Maps: You can view maps on the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen as you would on your iPhone or Android device. Functionality is bundled with the Pioneer AppRadio app.
- MotionX-GPS Drive (iOS only): The
MotionX-GPS Drive App ($0.99) is available from iTunes for your iPhone.
This navigation app also requires a $24.99 one time fee for the maps to
display on-screen, and a one year $9.99 subscription for Voice Guidance
feature. MotionX-GPS Drive is a complete GPS navigation solution, designed
and optimized for the iPhone, that can be displayed on the Pioneer AppRadio.
MotionX-GPS Drive helps you find what you're looking for and provides
turn-by-turn directions with optional Live Voice Navigation, using
industry-leading maps (including US and Canada). All the functionality of an
advanced dedicated turn-by-turn GPS unit is presented in this intuitive iOS
application. MotionX-GPS Drive Offers full support for the iPhone with
multitasking, routing, and live voice guidance instructions continuing in
the background; while you listen to streaming music from your car audio
system or use other applications from the iPhone. The 2D/3D navigation map
will be displayed on the Pioneer AppRadio, but you will still control the
MotionX-GPS Drive Navigation app from your iPhone. You can enter the
following Destination Searches (Go To) from your iPhone:
- My Current Location: View and navigate to the physical address closest to your current location.
- Browse Map: Select a destination by choosing a point on the map. Your selection will be geo-coded to the closest known physical address.
- Home: Store your home address for quick access. Select from five options: use your current location, pick from your iPhone contacts, use a recently round destination, enter an address, or enter Lat/Lon coordinates.
- Contacts: Navigate to an address from your iPhone address book. Scroll to find the contact, then touch the field that contains their address.
- Address/Intersection/City/Zip Code: Enter an address for navigating. As you start to type the city, state and zip code fields, a drop-down list will appear from which you can select the appropriate entry. Enter a street intersection, defined by two road names, for navigating. Enter a city for navigating; the approximate center of the city will be used for your destination. Enter a US zip code or Canadian postal code.
- POIs/Airports/Emergency: List of Points of Interest in your current vicinity (Around Me tab). Select the Specify Location tab to search in an alternate location (enter city or zip/postal code). List of airports in your current vicinity (Around Me tab). Select the Specify Location tab to search in an alternate location (enter city or zip/postal code). List of physicians' offices, medical clinics and hospitals. Select the Specify Location tab to search in an alternate location (enter city or zip/postal code).
- Recently Found/Frequent Destinations/Favorites: List of all recently found addresses, businesses, and points of interest. List of your most frequently visited destinations. List of all destinations designated as a favorite.
- Saved Destinations/Parking Spots: List of your saved destinations. List of your saved parking spots.
- Latitude/Longitude Define a destination by entering the latitude and longitude coordinates.
- iGo Primo (iOS only): The iGO Primo app is powered by the same tried-and-trusted iGO Engine used in millions of GPS navigation devices around the world; faster & more reliable than ever before, with a set of new features for a more intelligent navigation. The maps are part of the application so there are no roaming fees and no need for cellular network coverage. Highlights include - Fast, short, easy-to-follow, and Eco-friendly routes; automatic route recalculation; multipoint-route support; smart keyboard & history; TTS Pro; in-app shop; local/POI search; and more.
- Navfree USA/Canada/Mexico (iOS only): Navfree offers
turn-by-turn directions, voice & on-screen instructions, as well as offline
map use and address search, along with live search via Google and Microsoft
Bing, among many other features.
Navfree is a completely free navigation app for the iPhone with no
additional monthly charges. It uses map data created by a community of
thousands of users around the world. The map gets downloaded to the phone so
data connection is not required for navigating. Navigation functions from
the AppRadio include.
- Map Display: Navfree provides On-board maps, so no data connection required to browse maps or use the address search. You can select between 2D or 3D map mode in day- or night-time color mode. You're able to browse maps with multi-touch dragging and scrolling. The map will automatically zoom in & out at turns and junctions.
- Destination Search: Search by the exact address or postcode of your destination. Simple POI search is also available (points of interest: café's, restaurants, museums etc.) or use Google or Microsoft Bing to find millions of local places and then fast route to and from their locations. In addition, instant routing lets you select any point on the map to route to.
- Route Guidance: Its fast routing engine allows you to calculate long routes in seconds. Routing options include; fastest, easiest, most economical, etc. A demo route allows you to preview your route in real time before you leave. A direction list allows you to check each step of your journey. If you miss a turn, Navfree reroutes you automatically
- INRIX Traffic (iOS only): INRIX is a leading provider
of highly accurate traffic services. INRIX's strategic partnership with
Clear Channel Radio and Total Traffic Network extends the delivery of the
highest quality data and broadest coverage available for personal
INRIX Traffic app ($24.95 lifetime subscription) for iPhone provides
real-time traffic information and traffic forecasts for all major highways,
interstates, arterials and city streets nationwide. Traffic information will
be displayed on the AppRadio, while control is still handled from the
iPhone. INRIX Traffic offers the following benefits.
- Avoid delays with real-time traffic info from the world's largest traffic network.
- View traffic incidents on your route such as accidents, police, constructions, and other events.
- Know your best time to leave based on predicted traffic conditions.
- Compare your current traffic conditions from what is normal.
- Waze: Waze for
Android is a cool social GPS driving and navigation app that connects
you to other drivers. When you download Waze, you not only get a free GPS
traffic & navigation app, but also become part of the local driving
community in your area, joining forces with other drivers nearby to outsmart
traffic, save time and gas, and improve everyone's daily commute.
Note: The AppRadio 3 comes supplied with a GPS antenna that features a magnetic base and an attached 12' cable. The antenna screws into the SMB connector on back of the radio and can be mounted on your dash with the included self-adhesive magnetic pad.
Driver Assistant Apps: The Pioneer AppRadio 3 supports several driver assistant apps for the iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, and compatible Android smartphones.
- CommuteWX (iOS only): CommuteWX ($2.99) provides real-time weather information (current/forecast/in-route). Weather conditions are featured in large, easy to read graphics in a streamlined user interface that's well suited for in-vehicle travel.
- Best Parking (iOS only): BestParking is a parking search engine app for the iPhone that steers drivers towards the cheapest and most convenient parking garages and lots in 43 cities & 79 airports. Search results are displayed directly on a map with a cost to easily compare prices. Includes numerous parking facility attributes (Hours of Operation, Phone #, Indoor/Outdoor, Cash/Credit, Self Park/Valet, etc.). BestParking is the only parking application that conducts continuous manual updates of parking rates and locations to ensure the highest level of accuracy.
- Parkopedia Parking:
- Extra Mile (iOS only): Extra Mile is an a ll-in-one iOS app for convenient voice navigation that gives audio feedback to improve your driving performance and conserve fuel. Simply start the app when you start your car. It will automatically record distance traveled, fuel expenses, trip duration and driving pattern. When you reach your destination, just press the end button. View the trip details in a log or view every day's total on a calendar. If you forget to start your app, you can always add the trip details manually. Extra Mile features an easy-to-use mileage tracker, gas expense logger, driving habit analyzer, mileage diary for your business or personal expenses, and free voice-guided navigation.
- Beej! (iOS only): Beej! for iPhone ($1.99) is an in-vehicle location/navigation application ($1.99). Beej! quickly identifies your position and allows you to select the nearest bank, bar, gas station, hospital, hotel, restaurant and more. Beej! provides a complete list of all the businesses in the category selected, including the distance from your current location and address, with options to get directions (via MotionX-GPS Drive app) or place a call to the selected business. The layout and aesthetics provide optimal in-vehicle viewing, without becoming a distraction for drivers from safe vehicle operations.
- Glympse (Android only): Glympse for Android is the easiest way to safely share your location with someone in real time. No sign-up needed and no new social network to manage. Recipients receive a link allowing them to view your ETA and location in real-time for the length of time you choose. When the timer on your Glympse expires, your location is no longer visible. Best of all, recipients do not need any special software to view a Glympse. Send a Glympse via SMS, email, Facebook or Twitter, and recipients can view it using any web-enabled device
- DashCommand (iOS only): Utilizing the built-in GPS & accelerometer sensors of the iPhone 4 /4S, the DashCommand app ($49.99) displays advanced vehicle and driving statistics. When connected to a compatible vehicle's OBD-II data port (optional OBD-II interface sold separately from Palmer Performance Engineering), advanced data monitoring, logging and analysis are enabled. Users can create and display up to 27 virtual dashboards with many styles including digital gauges, analog gauges, indicator lights, and more, which can all be accessed on the AppRadio screen. Compatible with more than 13 OBD-II compliant interfaces, the app can also be used as a scan tool to read vehicle trouble codes.
Music Apps: The Pioneer AppRadio 3 supports lots of music apps for your iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, or compatible Android smartphone.
- CarMediaPlayer: The Pioneer CarMediaPlayer (for iPhone & Android) allows you to swipe, drag, and directly touch the desired artist, song, or album in your iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, or Android smartphone's music library directly from the Pioneer touchscreen with Alphabet Search and Album View functions. The iPhone version of the app even allows you to play and access your iTunes Match collection directly from the touchscreen display.
- Pandora Radio: The Pandora App (for iPhone & Android) lets you play and control music from the Pandora music service through the Pioneer AppRadio using your connected Apple iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5, or Android smartphone. The Pioneer AppRadio provides control over your Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information; as well as Album art (your iPhone 4/4S controls will be locked). You can select Pandora stations from your station list and skip song tracks within a station. You can search your stations by date or alphabetically. You can also give songs a thumbs up/down and bookmark songs/artists. Best of all, Pandora is a free app.
- AUPEO! Personal Radio: AUPEO! Personal Radio (for iPhone & Android) is a free online music radio station that lets you stream your favorite artists, songs, and music live to your iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, or Android smartphone. With more than 120 Internet radio stations available, users can search for their favorite music by artists, songs or AUPEO!'s "Mood-Tuner." Users can also choose to "love" or "ban" songs directly from the AppRadio screen, enabling the app to adjust content to the user's personal taste.
- iHeartAuto: The iHeartAuto app (for iPhone & Android) provides safe, easy, and free access to more than 1,500 live radio stations from across the country. Plus, in the same app you can create custom stations based on your favorite artists or songs. With the top live radio stations in America and more than 15 million songs in our catalog, iHeartAuto features more music, backed by better music programming, than any other service available.
- Rdio (iOS only): Get access and control the iTunes Rdio app (from $4.99 per month). Rdio is a new social music service on the web for the iPhone 4/4S . Rdio give you access to over 8 million songs. You are able to search and find any song, album or artist, and start listening immediately. You can search music by new releases and chart toppers. You can also check out what other listeners have been listening to the most, or look at your own recent listening history. In addition, you can even create your own music collection or make your own playlists. Rdio will even recommend music for you, based on your previous music listening. The AppRadio 3 will display Artist, Album, and Song information; as well as Album art.
- Livio Radio (iOS only): The Livio Radio app ($4.99) for iPhone lets you listen to more than 42,000 AM/FM and Internet-only radio streams from around the world. The Livio Radio app has been optimized for use in the vehicle with a range of features an controls right from the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen.
- StreamS HiFi (iOS only): The StreamS HiFi Radio app has been optimized the iPhone. The StreamS HiFi Radio app ($3.99) provides access to more than 4,000 live Internet radio stations from across the globe delivered in AAC/HE-AACv1/HE-AACv2 at 32kbps for high fidelity listening.
- 7digital (Android only): 7digital for Android is a leading digital music provider which sells high quality MP3s across 32 countries worldwide. With over 20 million tracks you're sure to find what you're looking for. With this app you can Sync your 7digital music from the cloud to your phone wirelessly, play music that is already stored on your device, and browse top album and track charts, new releases and recommendations right on the screen of the Pioneer receiver.
- gMusic (iOS only): Google Music allows you to keep up to 20,000 of your favorite songs in the cloud. Now you can listen to your entire music collection without having to use any space on your iOS device. gMusic is the only Google Music Player app with Pioneer AppRadio support, full playlist editing, thumbs up playlist, metadata editing, and innovative navigation. Other gMusic features include very fast load time, create an instant playlist, add songs to existing playlists, search by Artist/Song/Album/Genre, and remembers what you were listening to for quick resume after closing the app.
- MyPV (iOS only): The MyPV app for iPhone uses an up-to-date music video ranking system from eight countries across the world, so you can select your favorite promotional videos and create playlists. You can put videos registered on your playlists on continuous playback. Because you can also register search results from YouTube for playlists, you can easily create lists using your favorite videos. You can also repeat and loop videos registered on your playlists.
- MIXTRAX (iOS only): Pioneer's proprietary MIXTRAX app from iTunes analyzes the music in your iTunes library to create custom playlists for non-stop song mixes with added DJ effects.
Note: The AppRadio 3's music apps can run in the background while you are using a navigation app.
Videos & Photo Apps: The Pioneer AppRadio 3 supports video & photo viewing from your iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, and Android smartphone.
- Video Apps: With your vehicle parked and the parking brake fully engaged, stored movie downloads (from iTunes or GooglePlay) can be viewed on the AppRadio screen. You will control the video or movie with your iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, or compatible Android smartphone, not the AppRadio.
- Photos: You are able to view photos stored on your iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, or Android smartphone on the Pioneer AppRadio's touchscreen display. You're able to access albums and camera rolls, and even view a slideshow.
Note: Your vehicle's parking brake must be engaged to watch videos or photos on the AppRadio 3's touchscreen monitor.
Utility Apps: The Pioneer AppRadio 3 supports additional helpful apps for your iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, or Android smartphone.
- Car Browser (iOS only): Access the internet directly from your vehicle's dashboard with Pioneer's CarBrowser app for iPhone ($1.99). When used in conjunction with the Pioneer AppRadio 3, CarBrowser allows you to search and navigate the internet directly from the touchscreen while the vehicle's parking brake is engaged. Outside of the vehicle, CarBrowser can be used as a standalone alternative to your iPhone's default browser.
- EasyCar Touch (iOS only): The EasyCar app is designed specifically for AppRadio and provides large icons, simple commands, and swipe gestures that enable you to access your iPhone's music, contacts, mapping, and more.
- Calendar: You can view your iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, or Android smartphone's calendar on the AppRadio's LCD monitor, so you can keep track of your scheduled events.
- Contacts: From the AppRadio Advanced App Mode, you can make Bluetooth hands-free phone calls from your iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, or Android smartphone, and even route to contacts stored within your iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, or Android smartphone's contact list.
- CarKeyboard (Android only): The CarKeyboard app for Android allows you to input text directly from the 7" capacitive touchscreen display of the AppRadio 3 . CarKeyboard is a customizable multi-language keyboard that works in conjunction with the AppRadio app and can also be used as the default keyboard on your Android device.
MirrorLink (for Samsung & Sony): MirrorLink technology offers seamless connectivity between your compatible smartphone and the Pioneer AppRadio 3 receiver using the Pioneer CD-MU200 MirrorLink Cable (130CDMU200, sold separately). Compatible smartphones included the Samsung Galaxy S 3/Note 2 and the Sony Xperia Z smartpphones (w/ Android iOS). MirrorLink duplicates your smartphone's display on the head unit's touchscreen monitor, so you can operate MirrorLink compatible applications that have been optimized for in-car use on your smartphone from the head unit's touchscreen controls for a safer driving experience.
- Drive Link for Samsung Galaxy S 3 (Android): To use MirrorLink with your Samsung Galaxy S 3 or Note 2, the free "Drive Link" application must be downloaded from Samsung Apps and installed on your compatible Samsung Galaxy S 3/Note 2 smartphone. Once downloaded, individual apps are grouped into three categories (Music, Location, Phone) for easy access.
- Sony Xxperia Z: The Sony Xperia Z (with latest firmware update) does not require an additional app download.
Note: Compatible Samsung and Sony phone models, their launch timing, as well as app compatibility will differ by country or origin.
MirrorLink Apps: The MirrorLink smartphone app lets you quickly access specific apps for music playback, car navigation and maps, as well as hands-free telephone communication directly from the Pioneer AppRadio 3's touchscreen.
- Music: You can listen to every music file stored in the smartphone. You can search for your music files by Favorites, Playlists, Artists, Albums, or All Songs.
- Location (Drive): You can navigate via Google Maps. You are able to speak and type destinations. The app provides you with an on-screen map screen and audible directions.
- Phone (Call): The app retrieves all contact information stored in the smartphone. You can make and answer phone calls from the head unit's touchscreen, just as you would normally do on your smartphone. The head unit will even read aloud text messages and let you reply.
Bluetooth Technology: The Pioneer AppRadio 3 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth v.3.0 (powered by Parrot), allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), HSP (Head Set Profile), OPP (Object Push Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Pioneer AppRadio 3.
SPP (Secure Simple Pairing): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the AppRadio 3 without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When a registered Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. Up to 3 Bluetooth-compatible devices can be registered to this head unit. Only one device can be used at a time.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ external Mic): The AppRadio 3 supports wireless hands-free communication (HFP/HSP/OPP/PBAB) for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The head unit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer an incoming call or have the unit automatically answer the call. The AppRadio 3 allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the head unit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation you can adjust the volume, as well as switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode. Using the AppRadio 3, you can dial a phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: You can make a call by entering the phone number using the head unit's on-screen keypad (0-9, *, #, +, C).
- Speed (Preset) Dialing: You can easily store up to six phone numbers as presets for speed dialing.
- Phone Book: The phone book in your Bluetooth enabled cellular phone will be transferred automatically when the phone is paired to this unit (up to 1,000 phonebook entries can be transferred). After finding the number you want to call in the phone book, you can select the entry and make the call. If a lot of numbers are registered in the phone book, you can search for the phone number by alphabet search mode.
- Call History: The 80 most recent calls dialed, received, and missed are stored in memory. You can browse them and call numbers from these lists.
- Voice Control: If your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone is equipped with the voice control feature, you can use voice commands to make calls.
Note: Advanced phone operations that require attention, such as dialing numbers on the monitor or adjusting Bluetooth settings, are prohibited while driving. The vehicle's parking brake must be engaged to access these functions.
Wireless Audio Streaming (with Meta Data Display): The Pioneer AppRadio 3 supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The AppRadio 3 will be able to control your stored music's basic playback functions; such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Fast-Forward/Reverse, and Repeat/Random. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name, Song title, and Album Art. The AppRadio 3 also supports audio streaming of music apps (metadata display and control will depend on music app). When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Smartphone Voice Control: The AppRadio 3 offers a voice recognition function for your Bluetooth paired iPhone 4S/5 (running iOS 6.1+) or compatible Android smartphone.
- For iPhone 4S/5: Users of the iPhone 4S and newer iPhone models can take advantage of Siri Eyes Free functionality with a touch of the AppRadio 3 touchscreen. When activated, Siri voice prompts play through the vehicle's speakers and the user's questions and commands are received and transmitted using the external microphone provided with AppRadio 3. Siri Eyes Free provides access to many iPhone functions, such as music selection, listening to and composing text messages, Maps, calendar information, reminders, and more.
- For Android: Users of compatible voice-enabled Android smartphones can utilize voice recognition using Pioneer's free of charge CarMediaPlayer app. Users can simply touch the voice icon on the display of the receiver and speak into the included microphone to activate many of the most commonly used commands.
iPod Audio/Video Playback: In addition to full support of the iPhone 4/4S and iPhone 5/5C/5S, the Pioneer AppRadio 3 also supports playback of stored music and music apps (but not AppRadio app) from your other 30-pin or Lightning connector Apple devices. The AppRadio 3 will even display video from 30-pin Apple devices that support video transfer. Plug your compatible Apple device into the head unit's rear-panel proprietary port using Pioneer's CD-IU201N cable (130IU201N, sold separately).
- 30-Pin Apple Device: Using Pioneer's proprietary CD-IU201N cable (130IU201N, sold separately) you can enjoy audio playback of your stored music, podcasts, and audiobooks; plus video playback of your stored movies, TV shows, video podcasts, and music videos from your 30-pin Apple device through the Pioneer AppRadio 3. You can also listen to music apps and watch video apps streamed to your Apple device through the Pioneer head unit.
- Lightning Connector Apple Device: If you have an Apple device with the new Lightning connector, you will need the Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter (472LTN230P, sold separately) in addition to the Pioneer CD-IU201N cable (sold separately) to connect the Apple device to the Pioneer head unit for audio playback only (video not supported).
Head Unit Control: You can control your 30-pin or Lightning connector Apple device from the AppRadio 3's touchscreen. From the head unit, you can search your Apple device's audio content by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, or Audiobook; and your video content by Video Playlist, Movie, Music Video, Video Podcast, or TV Show. Once you have selected a category, you can search each category alphabetically (A-Z). In addition, the head unit offers Link Search, which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Search lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre. You can also select Random & Repeat functions for a certain song or specific folder. Most iPod/iPhone device's clickwheel or touchscreen will be locked during connection (Apple devices w/ iOS 6.0+ will stay unlocked).
Information Display: The Pioneer AppRadio 3 will display the following iPod music information; Track #, Time Elapsed, Time Remaining, Artist Name, Song/Album Title, and Album Art.
Battery Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected Apple device when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit will not charge the Apple iPad. If your Apple device has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Pioneer AppRadio 3 supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 9/19/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod||AppRadio ****||Pandora App||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art||Phone||Audio||Siri|
- AppRadio Mode and AppRadioLive Mode are currently not compatible with iOS 8 due to stability and display issues. To maintain use of AppRadio Mode, please continue using iOS 7.1.2 with your iPhone. Click here for more details from Pioneer.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
7" Capacitive Touchscreen Display: The front of the unit features a clean & simple aesthetic look with only five physical buttons (Home, Volume up/down, Menu, Back) combined with a high-resolution WVGA (800 x 480) 7" capacitive touchscreen display. This capacitive touchscreen requires less pressure, responds faster, and can recognize multiple touch points simultaneously; all advantages when compared to traditional resistive touchscreen displays. The AppRadio's 7" capacitive touchscreen offers touch, swipe, pinch, and zoom gestures. Touchscreen control is used for all functions including the app interface, MirrorLink, AM/FM radio, and Bluetooth. All of the AppRadio 3's controls have been designed specifically for in-vehicle operation to promote a safe driving experience.
Parking Brake Interlock: This unit has a parking brake interlock system that prohibits viewing of video programming and operating certain controls when the vehicle is in motion. In order to watch video on the in-dash monitor, the vehicle must be parked with the parking brake engaged. The head unit's light green wire must be connected to your vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. The head unit's touchscreen will display "Attention! Viewing of front seat video source while driving is strictly prohibited", if you try to watch a video when your vehicle is in motion.
Favorites: You can register the desired menu items on the AppRadio 3's "Favorites" menu screen. Registering your favorite menu items allows you to quickly jump to the registered menu item by a simple touch on the favorites menu. Up to 12 menu items can be registered as a "Favorite".
Display Adjustments: The Pioneer AppRadio 3 offers the following monitor display adjustments.
- Widescreen Modes: You can choose from the following widescreen modes when playing back video - Full (4:3 picture is enlarged in the horizontal direction only; enabling you to enjoy a 4:3 picture without any omissions), Zoom (4:3 picture is enlarged in the same proportion both vertically and horizontally; ideal for a 16:9 screen), Normal (4:3 picture is displayed as it is).
- Picture Adjustments: You can store numerous video settings for the head unit's video source and rear-view camera; including brightness (adjusts the black intensity), contrast (adjusts contrast) color (adjusts color saturation), temperature (adjust the color temperature), and Dimmer (adjusts brightness).
- Backgrounds: You can select from 4 background images (Black, Gray, Sunrise, Space) for the head unit's LCD touchscreen.
Note: If you do not operate the unit for 30 seconds, demonstration images are displayed. You can turn this function Off.
2-DIN Chassis: The Pioneer AppRadio 3 has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as "Double DIN" or size DD), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets. There is also an optional double-DIN sleeve (130ADTV133, sold separately) available for this unit that will allow you to Euro-mount or custom mount the Pioneer head unit in your vehicle. As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
Installation Angle: For optimum playback performance, the unit should be installed at an angle of less than 60-degrees.
MOSFET50 Internal Amplifier: The AppRadio 3 is equipped with a 50 watts x 4 (peak) MOSFET amplifier for low distortion, high power output. The amplifier is strong enough to power small subwoofers to moderate volume levels in compact cars and pickups. For higher volume levels from subwoofers, an optional amplifier may be connected to the preamp outputs.
- CEA2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (or 50 watts x 2 channels at 4 ohms + 70 watts x 1 channel at 2 ohms for subwoofer)
Note: The power specifications for the Pioneer AppRadio are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
2.0-Volt Preamp Outputs: The Pioneer AppRadio 3 features two pairs of 2.0-volt preamp outputs. The unit's rear preamp output can be configured as a fading rear-channel output or a non-fading subwoofer output with a low-pass filter, phase adjustment, and output level control.
Subwoofer Control: When configured as the subwoofer output, you can select the frequency of the 18dB/octave low pass filter (50, 63, 80, 100, or 125 Hz), select the subwoofer phase (normal/reverse), and the subwoofer gain (+6 to -24).
High-Pass Filter: The AppRadio 3 features a high-pass crossover for the front & rear channels when your front & rear speakers are connected by the unit's speaker-outputs or preamp-outputs. You can adjust the high-pass crossover from 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, or Off. The "Off" selection is a full-range setting.
EEQ (Easy EQ) + 5-Band Graphic EQ: There are seven stored equalizer curves which you can easily recall at any time. You can choose from - Powerful (low- and high-frequencies are boosted), Natural (low- and high-frequencies slightly boosted), Vocal (midrange is boosted), Super Bass (low-frequencies are boosted), Flat (nothing boosted), Custom 1 (user adjustable), or Custom 2 (user adjustable). The Custom 1 and Custom 2 EQ modes allow you to manually adjust the level (+/- 12dB) of each band of the head unit's 5-band graphic equalizer (100Hz, 315Hz, 1.25kHz, 3.15kHz, 8kHz)
Audio Settings: The head unit provides further sound adjustments for your car audio system.
- Loudness: The Loudness function compensates for deficiencies in the low- and high-frequency ranges at low volume. You can set the Loudness to High, Mid, Low, or Off.
- Bass Boost: You can easily boost the subwoofer bass level by using the Bass Boost function. The Bass Boost feature allows you increase the subwoofer level from 0 to +6 (12dB).
- Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source (AM, Pandora, iPod, Apps) to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the unit's FM volume level, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4 dB to +4 dB.
Switchable Rear Channel/Subwoofer Speaker Output: The rear speaker outputs can be set to provide full range output with full fading capability, or they can be set to provide non-fading subwoofer (low-pass) output. When the rear speaker outputs are set to subwoofer mode, the rear preamp outputs also switch from full range to subwoofer outputs. When set for subwoofer operation, you can connect the rear speaker leads directly to two small 4-ohm passive subwoofers or a dual voice coil sub with 4-ohm voice coils. If you prefer to use a single 2-ohm subwoofer, you can connect the woofer to one set of speaker leads, leaving the other set of rear leads disconnected. The maximum output provided when a 2-ohm load is connected to one set of leads is 70 watts.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
AM/FM Tuner: The Pioneer AppRadio 3 features a built-in AM/FM tuner with RDS text information display. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations. BSM (Best Station Memory) lets you automatically store the six strongest stations under presets 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The AM/FM tuner has 3 FM banks and 2 AM banks. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets. You can even enter an AM/FM frequency directly, using the unit's on-screen keypad (0-9). Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception.
Rear View Camera: The AppRadio 3 is equipped with a composite video Rear View Camera input. The unit features a function that automatically switches to the rear camera image (Rear View Camera input jack) when an optional rear camera (130NDBC6, sold separately) is installed. When the transmission is in reverse, the screen automatically switches to the rear view camera (the violet/white wire in the 16-pin harness must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching). Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.1 seconds. Pioneer recommends using a camera with a mirror image (reversed) output.
Note: Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
24 questions already asked
1 answer My primary function is the video feed from my horse trailer. I would like to be able to see my horses through the interface. Click a button or icon and have it display a constant video feed from the wireless camera in the trailer. Backing up is not needed, but if I could do both the tailgate or the trailer interior cam......? that would be a bonus. 2012 Tundra DuobleCab [ Mark Jul 01, 2014 ]
Yes. If you wire it, you can turn the camera on, without hitting reverse. I had it setup to show traffic behind me [ Ashwin Jul 01, 2014 ]
Yup [ KEVIN Jun 30, 2014 ]
Yes, as long as you have data and connection to cell towers. I've played live streams of events while driving and they dropped out at the known dead spots along the road but came back as I kept driving. Good luck, Ron [ Ron Jun 29, 2014 ]
I never try podcast. [ SALOMON Jun 28, 2014 ]
I have not tried podcast but it does play my entire music collection from my iPhone 5 using Bluetooth. [ JEAN CARLO Jun 28, 2014 ]
When you choose the model of vehicle you have they should send you the kit you need to install it [ KEVIN Jun 30, 2014 ]
When I ordered mine, I ordered all the specific gear I needed for installation through Crutchfield. The radio itself really did not come with much of anything. Also, would really suggest a different headset. The sound is great, but unit turned itself off at random and really does not have the functionality the manufacturer claims. [ MARK Jun 29, 2014 ]
When you buy this item, the website will supply the require parts. [ JEAN CARLO Jun 28, 2014 ]
Cruthfield is an amazing company that I've been consistently using since '98. They will supply everything you need, wiring harnesses and a new dash kit that will match your factory look (-tools) to hook it up perfectly! They even supply you step by step instructions with photos of your vehicle. Also, if you require further assistance, their tech department is amazing! I hope this helps! [ BRIAN Jun 28, 2014 ]
Thank you for your time but I just googled some of the parts for the kit included and it is what I was looking for. Thank you. [ Kelly Jun 27, 2014 ]
dont know [ ABNER Jun 10, 2014 ]
Waze is downloadable on your smartphone and is compatible with appradio 3 [ JOHN W Jun 11, 2014 ]
Waze, works well. [ CHRISTOPHER Jun 09, 2014 ]
Car Media Play USA NAV FREE WAZE BEEJ CAR BROWER APP Radio GPS DRIVE IGO N AMERICA NAV The apps will only work with the Pioneer adapter kit that is not included. You also need a Apple audio adapter if you have a I phone. I have also added a rear camera that you can buy from Pioneer also. [ AMY Jun 08, 2014 ]
Waze is a native app on this unit. Dont buy this unit unless you have a rooted android phone or a jailbroken iphone otherwise it sucks. [ THOMAS Jun 08, 2014 ]
Waze works with the DA-110. You can use Motion-X GPS Drive but does cost .99 cents. [ PALMER Jun 08, 2014 ]
Yes waze and navfree are compatible. Ive never tried navfree but waze is awesome [ Nancy Jun 08, 2014 ]
Both apps are available to use with this app (in Android) But if you install the kit for Android and the micro bypass and you can use any GPS and see any app on the device. Very good radio and cheap. I think there are no other better stereo for this price. Buy with confidence. [ SAMUEL Jun 08, 2014 ]
they supply a list for you, even though it is not on the list it could still work. but if on the list it had been tested and verified. I am using a Motorola Razr Maxx HD. but just received the new kit-Kat update and still works with the stereo.Make sure you get the correct accessory cables for Android. [ CHRISTOPHER Jun 09, 2014 ]
Yes it does. That's the phone I used with this headunit. [ Steve Jun 08, 2014 ]
yes it does. You need an mhl cable though I believe. [ THOMAS Jun 08, 2014 ]
Yes it does. You just need to get the official Samsung mhl adapter. [ ERNESTO Jun 08, 2014 ]
Yes it does with the mhl adapter and hdmi cable. [ BRAND NEUE Jun 08, 2014 ]
Yes, it will you have to buy the adapter and to make the apps work. [ AMY May 08, 2014 ]
if this system did not charge the phone at all, long road trips would get ruined by the phone running out of batteries. this is great news, thanks! [ Jasper May 08, 2014 ]
It charges my galaxy s3 but very slowly if that helps any [ KEVIN May 08, 2014 ]
For details on fit or installation please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and give you the details on if this will fit and what you will need for an installation in your vehicle. [ Krissy May 05, 2014 ] Staff
you can do this, however for netflix you will need app radio extension for an iphone, or app radio unchained for android, and it will require root/jailbreak. i did not have a ton of luck getting the iphone extension to work well, so i bought an android phone with a broken screen and it stays in my glovebox and uses my phones hotspot connection for wifi source. also for iphone app radio extensions does not currently work for the latest os on the iphone, i think it only works (for now) with ios 6. [ SHAWN May 16, 2014 ]
No. The Netflix app is not compatible with the head unit. Also, you will need the extra cable specific to your phone (applies to all phones) to display video on the head unit. [ JENNY May 05, 2014 ]
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: Unfortunately there's no HD add-on tuner for this receiver. However, the strength of this receiver is its connectivity to smart phones. There are a variety of services on the market that enable a customer to access stations for direct streaming (though this incurs data use and potential fees.) If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy May 05, 2014 ] Staff
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the settings on the product and see if there may be a fix. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer. You can also post your question in our forums: http://community.crutchfield.com. Or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Jeff May 01, 2014 ] Staff
6 answers I have the radio. we are using only Bluetooth. but we got a new phone and want to use it but it says memory is full. we have tried to go to settings and see if there is a option to delete memory, which there is one but it isn't available to us. just like to know what to do and if anyone else have had this problem? [ Christina Apr 20, 2014 ]
I have a note 3 will it work with all app fuctions [ ryanherrick Jul 04, 2014 ]
I have the radio also. Never have I seen that message. The radio shouldn't give you that message- perhaps the memory on your phone is full. Try to sync your phone to a laptop or other computer and transfer big memory items like photos or videos off your phone. Hope that works. [ TIM Apr 27, 2014 ]
Im going to try these. Thank you! [ Christina Apr 23, 2014 ]
You have to "forget device" under your phone menu prior to going to the head unit. Once this is done it should allow you to delete it from the radio. Once the old phone is deleted adding the new one is simple. Secondly you can try adding your new phone first and then delete the old phone. Some times Bluetooth devices set a phone as a master/slave so it will not allow you to delete a master if there isn't another device to take its place. I hope this helps!! [ STEVE Apr 21, 2014 ]
Have you connected the parking brake to the unit? The option to erase is only enabled when the parking brake is engaged. [ ANGELO Apr 21, 2014 ]
Root the phone and delete bloatware. [ Anup Apr 21, 2014 ]
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the settings on the product and see if there may be a fix. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer. You can also post your question in our forums: http://community.crutchfield.com. Or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Krissy Apr 14, 2014 ] Staff
It works through Bluetooth mostly. I do not think you will have any problem. But you can call Pioneer, or even Crutchfield [ ANTOINE Apr 08, 2014 ]
1 answer Have they added a mute function to the blue tooth control yet or do you still have to grab your phone to turn it on? Have they added away to minimize or hide the blue tooth over lay window so you can see the screen yet? Nothing quite like not being able to see a webex because half the screen is covered by the phone Parnell... [ Bushi Apr 05, 2014 ]
I am unsure about the stereo having a mute button, I have installed a controller for steering wheel controls that I assigned a button to mute. I don't think you can minimize screen during conversation..... [ Derek Apr 07, 2014 ]
No [ RUSSELL Mar 27, 2014 ]
No, it does not. [ JORDAN Mar 26, 2014 ]
No its just a head unit [ TROY A Mar 26, 2014 ]
No. The DA 210 does. Regardless of which one you buy, this is a great unit for the price. [ FABRICIO Mar 26, 2014 ]
No, for that you would need to buy the SPH-DA210. [ Andrew Mar 26, 2014 ]
This one does not have a CD player. They do sell one that does. [ TODD Mar 26, 2014 ]
No. The SPH-DA210 has a DVD/CD [ Steve Mar 26, 2014 ]
No, for that you'll want the sph-da210. [ CHRIS Mar 26, 2014 ]
No, there is no cd player included, however, the next model up does have a dvd\cd player in it. It should run about $100 more than this model. [ Nancy Mar 26, 2014 ]
My Note3 works incredibly well with the App Radio 3 using AR Unchained. Amazing. The phone needs to be rooted, and AR Unchained downloaded from XDA Developers (for free). But it is great. Don't upgrade your Note 3 to Kitkat, the AR Unchained hasn't been updated for that yet. Wait until it is before updating the OS from Jelly Bean to Kikat. [ JEFF Mar 12, 2014 ]
Siri will work via bluetooth. There is a soft button on the radio head you can use to activate Siri [ WILLIAM J Feb 26, 2014 ]
Siri works thru bluetooth as well, not sure which button activates siri, since i dont use siri at all, but overall dont waste your money, on the appradio you will be disappointed with the radio. I know i am. [ Andrew Feb 25, 2014 ]
You can be blue toothed for the phone functions and i tunes to work. You will need the cable kit and Iphone adapter to attach to the phone for any apps to work. They dont send the adapter with the cable kit either. Finally got all cables and adapters the apps work great and I even installed a backup camera. [ AMY Feb 24, 2014 ]
If I could still return this I would. Its just a bluetooth radio,without the cable. All apps require you to "ok" them on your iPhone every time you open them......not truly hands free......and my apps dont work anymore for whatever reason. Siri does fine and its does import all your contacts as well. [ JARED Feb 24, 2014 ]
There is a home button on the appradio that if you hold for 3 seconds will activate Siri just like on your phone. This works through Bluetooth and cable connectivity, to answer your question it does not need to be plugged in. To save a few pennies and have cable connectivity, run a lightning cable from the radios USB port to your digital video adapter and buy a cheap hdmi cable for the adapter. It will save you from buying the pioneer unnecessary cable package for iPhone 5. This gives you better music control, nav function, and more features. [ CHRIS Feb 24, 2014 ]
The ability to retain steering wheel controls with aftermarket receivers will be determined by the receiver you are using and the vehicle you have. For full information on this type of integration (including the parts you will need) please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy Feb 06, 2014 ] Staff
2 answers I have a 2011 Ford Escape XLT with sync...i have spent hours reading reviews and they are all over the place for this unit, so i will just ask specifically for my needs... 1. Will this unit work with steering wheel controls? 2. Will it work well with Samsung Galaxy S4? (i know it needs an adaptor but does it have limitations with apps functionality etc) 3. Is there any lock on the device that is linked to the parking break or the vehicle being park to be able to use? 4. How difficult is the install 1-10 (10 being impossible). Thanks, Todd [ Todd Jan 31, 2014 ]
on the app radio 3 is the Samsung note 3 compatible? it says that the note 2 is but i want to make sure the note 3 is also. [ Stephen Apr 01, 2014 ]
For details on fit or installation please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and give you the details on if this will fit and what you will need for an installation in your vehicle. [ Krissy Jan 31, 2014 ] Staff
How does Siri integration work? Does the iphone have to be connected by cable for it to work or will bluetooth work? If I want activate Siri do I have to do it on the iphone or is there a "home" button on the AppRadio 3 that will also work? [ Aaron Feb 22, 2014 ]
For recommendations please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and give you the details on fit and what you will need for an installation in your vehicle. [ Krissy Jan 27, 2014 ] Staff
7 answers I am more interested in using my iPod classic for my music in my vehicle and while I'll use my iPhone on trips, I really just want to use the iPod Classic 120 for ALL music (I hate the radio). How does the screen act or respond to the iPod classic? What is the interface like? I've looked for videos and info and can't find any. Please help. [ McCown Jan 04, 2014 ]
I have an older color screen iPod with the dial (120G no touch) that I have never tried but i can give it a try if you want and let you know if you want. [ ERIC Jan 05, 2014 ]
There's the standard play, pause, forward and back buttons and the album art if available. The search function is better than most...you can drill down to the starting letter of the alphabet. It's faster than most other head units I've tried. I'm using the 160 Classic with about 130G used....around 28000 songs. Overall, one of the best head units I've had. [ CHRISTOPHER L Jan 05, 2014 ]
I am not familiar with the iPod Classic interfacing with the 110, my advice would be to go to www.avic411.com there are alot of really smart guys on that forum that have experimented with a ton of combos. Good Luck. [ Andrew Jan 05, 2014 ]
Works well. If you plug it in artwork appears on appradio. I seldom plug mine in though, unless i need to charge. I just play music/pandora through blue tooth. No artwork unless you plug in though. Only negative for me is apps are not truely hands free. For example you must click "allow" on the phone screen before pandora will launch on the appradio. [ JARED Jan 05, 2014 ]
Chelsea M, To be honest I never used a ipod with my app radio 3. I always used my iPhone because it was so simple to.With the Bluetooth audio basically when I got into my car I would start my car go to put my seatbelt on and the music would be already playing from my phone, and I would change the tracks through my steering wheel controls or the touch screen.However I used the ipod classic in my bmw with ipod interface and I liked it but the negative to the ipod Classic I just left it in the car all the time since that what I wanted to use it for and during the winter months after it would drop 40 degrees or below the ipod wouldn't play music until it warmed up inside the car.on the app radio 3 it should play all your videos in full screen and all the tracks should have the artist album name of song length of all the details as if your were actually looking At your ipod.Hope this helped some. [ JEWEL Jan 05, 2014 ]
i personally love the app radio3.. the interface is super friendly and super responsive.. there is no lagging whatsoever. I use mine all bluetooth with my S4 and sometimes connect it to use the apps.. i usually do pandora and it tells you the artist album genre and even the album cover. I HIGHLY recommend this screen!! 5/5 [ GERARDO Jan 05, 2014 ]
I have an ipod touch....but if this helps you can control the whole ipod through the radio and if works fairly well [ KEVIN Jan 05, 2014 ]
Hi Matt. Yes, Google Maps will come out on the display like as it does on your phone/tablet. The unit's own GPS antenna will augment the signal and it will need to use mobile broadband to get data for the map itself. As for the app, unless it came from the list of supported apps list, it may not work. (You can look up the list of supported apps.) [ Carlo Dec 05, 2013 ]
I wouldn't know anything about this either. Low tech guy in a High tech world [ STEPHEN Dec 04, 2013 ]
Honestly I have no clue. I use an iPhone 5 and to be honest, this radio is difficult. Every time I get a call or text, it throws my radio back in the mirroring mode. So I have to open my cubby where the phone is and hit allow to get the appradio app working again. Pioneer has all these warnings about keeping your eyes on the road, but if I have to do that everyone there is a call, then the warnings are pointless because I'm always taking my eyes away. Siri also has trouble working and the bluetooth a lot of times will not connect, so I have to go into my phone settings to turn off, then on and reconnect. There needs to be some firmware updates. Sorry I couldn't help [ RICKY Dec 04, 2013 ]
13 answers I have the iPhone 5 and my car has an aux input in the car itself so would the extra cable package really be a true requirement in order to make this unit play my music? The package seems like the cables are just a simple iPhone charger I already have either way for charging and such. I really want the look of this touchscreen unit without so many additional wires and having to spend the extra money. [ Francesca Nov 28, 2013 ]
is there anything that would cause the Bluetooth handsfree phone not work [ Thomas Apr 13, 2014 ]
I have an iPhone 5 as well. The cables are good to have if you want to play DVDs..but I never use them. You don't need cables to play your music. It's all bluetooth controlled. [ JOHNNIE Dec 02, 2013 ]
Hi Francesca, I'll do my best to answer your question. I bought this unit in July so I'm hoping I can help. The cables needed to connect the iPhone 5 to the receiver aren't just for charging. In fact, connecting all of the cables STILL isn't enough to provide all the normal functionality. The USB/lightening cable is used to charge the iphone and send touch commands from the receiver to the phone. The HDMI adapter and cable are used to somewhat mirror the iphone screen graphics onto the receiver display and show album graphics. The bluetooth connection is used to actually stream music and make/receive phone calls. Usually, auxiliary connections are built in to the factory receivers. If your car has an auxiliary connector, it must be tied in to the receiver somehow for it to work. This would probably be fine with an existing factory stereo and simply running an 1/8" cable from the headphone jack of the iPhone 5 to the auxiliary port. However, I don't believe the Pioneer receiver has any connection to tie in to the auxiliary connector your car has. I believe the 2 cables into the HDMI/lightening adapter for the iPhone 5 is unavoidable unless you just want to stream music through bluetooth. You don't need any of the cables for that. But you won't be able to control the phone's functionality without the cables, and that pretty much defeats the point of having the touchscreen receiver. On a separate note, I returned this unit a month after I bought it. I have been a long-time customer of Pioneer products, but this receiver is hardly what you'd imagine it to be. Yes, it has a nice display...probably the best of any, but that's it. You'll have to interact with your phone at least as much as the receiver whenever you do anything. It's very frustrating, as I wanted to put my phone away when driving, but you can't. There are constant prompts you have to clear for the features to operate. [ MARK A Dec 01, 2013 ]
Cables are necessary, if you want to use the online and map features which allows the radio to take control of your phone to allow the apps to function. it allows you to put the phone away and use the radio as the remote. yes it also charges it. [ CHRISTOPHER Nov 30, 2013 ]
You'll still be able to play your music wirelessly through Bluetooth without the cables; However, to view and control apps through the head unit which include Pandora, Waze GPS, and others, you will need the additional cables. unfortunately, there are more wires and an adaptor needed for the IPhone 5 because the video and audio are split with the newer lightning connector. Do yourself a favor and get all the necessary cables. You'll be opening up the dash anyways so get it done right the first time. In the long run you'll save money, time, and frustration. [ MICHAEL T Nov 29, 2013 ]
Hi Francesca, I own an iphone 5 as well and unfortunately yes you do need the additional wiring package. It connects directly into the radio permanently and actually charges your phone while it's in use so you won't need your other charging cord anymore. Unfortunately it does cost extra. You can have the wire coming out from anywhere you want so I would definitely put it somewhere out of the way but also keep it close by as you'll need to use your phone sometimes also. (FYI-if you don't use CDs anymore I'd go for the one without the CD player. It's cheaper) thanks and I hope that this was helpful. [ MICHAEL Nov 29, 2013 ]
The items you need in order for the iPhone 5 to work in your are, an hdmi cable, an iPhone 5 charging USB cable, and the digital av converter from Apple. Otherwise you can always just stream music wireless through Bluetooth audio and no need for cables but things like apps and video won't work [ BRAND NEUE Nov 29, 2013 ]
Yes. For starters this unit will completely replace your current car stereo, including the input. The cable is needed to do anything at all with the iPhone, not just charge it. I wouldn't recommend this unit though. Lots of issues, not very convienent, app mode is terrible. Buy a better unit and use Bluetooth. [ GEOFF Nov 29, 2013 ]
Google Confusion Surrounding Pioneer's i5 Compatibility. The first link will take you to a forum that has a good answer for you. [ Steve Nov 29, 2013 ]
Thank you everyone! You're all very helpful [ Francesca Nov 29, 2013 ]
Yes you still need the cables for the hdmi and lighting cable to interact with the apps. For music you can use Bluetooth but you will have to change songs thru the phone unless you have it connected [ TROY A Nov 29, 2013 ]
You can listen to music and get waze navigation turn by turn directions via Bluetooth but you will not be able to use any of the other app features. The phone has to be connected for any app interaction, otherwise the apps button is grayed out. [ EJ Nov 29, 2013 ]
if you want to use bluetooth audio streaming you don't need the extra cables, however if you want to use the advanced app mode applications like Waze on the aprradio's screen you will need the cables. I recommend getting a lightning extension cable so you can hide the mess of cables in the dash and just have one lightning cable coming out. [ KEITH Nov 29, 2013 ]