Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Our take on the Pioneer AVH-X4500BT by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Go for the big screen
Screen size matters — with a larger touchscreen, controls are easier to use and video content has more impact. Pioneer's AVH-X4500BT DVD receiver sports an expansive 7" screen with some pretty cool features. You can browse video files through thumbnail images — just touch them to check out a sneak preview. Want a new EQ curve? Touch Slide technology allows you to draw it on the screen with your finger.
Customize your display
You can customize the AVH-X4500BT by choosing from five display colors and 112 key panel illumination options. When you're playing music from your iPod®, iPhone®, or Android™, Pioneer's MIXTRAX adds special audio effects between songs and variable-color lighting that pulses with the beat of your tunes. It's like having your own DJ on board.
If you're parked and ready for a movie, the WVGA screen plays DVDs and other video content in brighter, clearer detail than most other multimedia receivers. You can also keep your passengers entertained by sending video from the receiver to a rear-seat screen. You'll be able to view video content from your iPod or iPhone with the addition of Pioneer's CD-IU201S cable. If you have an iPhone 5, you'll need a Pioneer cable kit to view video and access apps, along with a free firmware update from Pioneer. And you can play it safe when you throw it into reverse by plugging in a rear-view camera.
A firmware update is available from Pioneer that will provide enhanced iPhone 5 compatibility to enable AppRadio Mode. However, due to an unforeseen communication error with the Pandora Internet radio app, audio playback and display of metadata from Pandora are disrupted. If you use Pandora and don't intend to use AppRadio Mode (also known as Advanced App Mode) at this time, please do not install this update. Pioneer is working on an update to allow for both Pandora and AppRadio Mode, to be released at a future date.
Advanced App Mode makes your iPhone a working partner
Pioneer has added their AppRadio smartphone integration technology to this DVD receiver. Advanced App Mode integrates smartphones into your driving experience — it lets you launch and control compatible iPhone apps from the face of your receiver, putting a variety of music, navigation, social media, and other apps at your command. You can see the simplified App menu on the Pioneer's big touchscreen with a quick glance when you're driving, so you can put your phone's apps to work safely (requires a Pioneer cable kit with iPhone 5). You can learn more and see the latest compatible apps here.
If you're a fan of streaming Internet radio, connect your iPhone to the receiver with Pioneer's CD-IU201S cable, then take charge of your Pandora® account from the touchscreen, complete with thumbs-up and thumbs-down controls. When you connect your iPod to the rear USB input, you'll be able to use the receiver's controls to access your playlists. Handy tools like Alphabet Search and Link Search to make it easier to find the song you want fast. You can also play music files from many Android™ phones when your Android is plugged into the front-panel USB port — see the "Details" tab for more info on device compatibility.
AppRadioLIVE makes it easy
Pioneer's innovative AppRadioLIVE streamlines your app info and functions into one easy-to-use interface. You'll enjoy quick access to your music, media, calendar, and other sources you subscribe to, just by downloading the AppRadioLIVE app and syncing your services. AppRadioLIVE works with your apps to provide visual map guidance and access to points of interest, as well as the ability to search for concerts, shows, and other local events of interest. And you can show several sources of information simultaneously, quickly shifting from one to another with a touch of your finger.
The Bluetooth® advantage
There's no advantage in driving with one hand as you talk on the phone, or squinting at your mobile device to find the next song. This Pioneer brings you the convenience and safety of Bluetooth, easily accessed through your receiver's touchscreen. You'll enjoy hands-free calling with your compatible phone, plus the ability to wirelessly stream and control music from compatible phones and other Bluetooth devices. That makes the world much safer for you and the drivers around you.
Because great sound matters
The receiver's powerful built-in amplifier delivers crisp sound at impressive levels, while the 8-band equalizer gives you more options for tweaking the sound to your liking. Pioneer's Advanced Sound Retriever perks up the flat sound of compressed music by restoring high-frequency information. Three pairs of high-voltage preamp outputs send a strong, clean signal to external amps, while this receiver offers an auto-equalization feature to tune your system (microphone required, not included).
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Pioneer stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Pioneer, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Great receiver for the money. Easy to install and very nice loohing.
Adam, San Diego CA
What's in the Box:
- DVD receiver with motorized 6.95" LCD touchscreen monitor (10A fuse inserted in chassis)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (CXE5116)
- CR2025 3V lithium battery (installed in remote)
- 59" USB extension cable (w/ a male USB type-A connector on one end and a female USB type-A connector on other end)
- Microphone (w/ attached 13' cable termianted by a right-angle 2.5mm connector)
- Two-sided tape
- 6 Pan-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- 6 Flat-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Warranty sheet (USA/Canada)
- DVD/CD receiver with internal amp (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 7" motorized touchscreen with multi-angle adjustments
- MIXTRAX for a DJ-inspired audio/visual experience
- Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Pandora Internet radio control
- Advanced App Mode: launch and control compatible apps from your compatible iPhone
- five customizable display colors and 112 key panel illumination choices
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- remote control
- plays audio/video content from CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Details tab for full capabilities)
- 8-band graphic equalizer with 7 preset EQ curves
- high- and low-pass filters
- Advanced Sound Retriever
- Auto-EQ equalizes for your car interior automatically (optional mic required)
- built-in audio iPod control optional adapters required for viewing video content, Pandora control, and Advanced App Mode
- playback and control of Android media files
- inputs: rear A/V input, rear video output, rear A/V and USB inputs, rear-view camera input
- outputs: video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
Pioneer AVH-X4500BT Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|AUX Input||3.5mm AV (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||3.5mm (R), Compoiste (R)|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power Output||14 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
6.95" TFT LCD Touchscreen Color Display: The Pioneer AVH-X4500BT features a 6.95" TFT Active Matrix, 16:9 widescreen touchscreen display. The resolution of the display is 800 x 480 (RGB), for a total of 1,152,000 pixels. The touchscreen display allows you to control this unit and a paired Bluetooth device, or a connected component such as your iPod/iPhone or USB mass storage class device. Menus appear on screen for making function choices, audio adjustments, and setting up the system.
Motorized Display: The unit's touchscreen display is motorized. The 6.95" touchscreen display electronically slides down to load and eject your DVD/CD discs. The angle of the motorized touchscreen display can also be adjusted to five different positions to meet your viewing needs in the car.
Multilingual Display: The Pioneer AVH-X4500BT offers English, Chinese, French, Portuguese, and Spanish text.
Video Adjustments: You can store numerous video settings for each source and the optional rear view camera; including brightness (adjusts the black intensity), contrast (adjusts contrast), color (adjusts color saturation), hue (adjusts the tone of color), and temperature (adjust the color temperature).
Widescreen Modes: You can choose from the following widescreen modes when playing back video:
- Full: A 4:3 picture is enlarged in the horizontal direction only, enabling you to enjoy a 4:3 picture without any omissions.
- Zoom: A 4:3 picture is enlarged in the same proportion both vertically and horizontally; ideal for a 16:9 screen.
- Normal: A 4:3 picture is displayed as it is.
On Screen Display Color & Background Adjustment: The color of the on-screen display can be set to red, amber, green, blue or white. The background can be set to one of four preset still images, a moving image, a stored JPEG image, or turned Off.
Front-Panel Control w/ Custom Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons along the bottom edge of the screen. The color of the button illumination can be set to red, amber, green, blue, white, or scan (constantly cycling through the color spectrum). You can also create a custom color to match your vehicle's interior lighting (112 colors to choose from).
Dimmer: To prevent the display from being too bright at night, the display is automatically dimmed when the car's headlights are turned on. The automatic dimmer function only works when the orange/white illumination wire in the wiring harness is connected to the vehicle's headlight circuit.
Parking Brake Interlock: This unit has a parking brake interlock system that prohibits viewing of video programming and operating certain controls when the vehicle is in motion. In order to watch video on the in-dash monitor, the vehicle must be parked with the parking brake engaged. The head unit's light green wire must be connected to your vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. The head unit's touchscreen will display "Attention! Viewing of front seat video source while driving is strictly prohibited", if you try to watch a video when your vehicle is in motion.
2-DIN Chassis: The Pioneer AVH-X4500BT has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as "Double -DIN"), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets. There is also an optional double-DIN sleeve (130ADTV133, sold separately) available for this unit that will allow you to Euro-mount or custom mount the Pioneer head unit in your vehicle. As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
Bluetooth Technology: The Pioneer AVH-X4500BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth ver. 3.0 (powered by Parrot), allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), HSP (Head Set Profile), OPP (Object Push Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Pioneer AVH-X4500BT.
SPP (Secure Simple Pairing): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the AVH-X4500BT without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When a registered Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. Up to 3 Bluetooth-compatible devices can be registered to this head unit. Only one device can be used at a time.
Hands-Free Communication: The AVH-X4500BT supports wireless hands-free communication (HFP/HSP/OPP/PBAB) for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The head unit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer an incoming call or have the unit automatically answer the call. The AVH-X4500BT allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the head unit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation you can adjust the volume, as well as switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode. Using the AVH-X4500BT, you can dial a phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: You can make a call by entering the phone number using the head unit's on-screen keypad (0-9, *, #, +, C).
- Speed (Preset) Dialing: You can easily store up to six phone numbers as presets for speed dialing.
- Phone Book: The phone book in your Bluetooth enabled cellular phone will be transferred automatically when the phone is paired to this unit. After finding the number you want to call in the phone book, you can select the entry and make the call. If a lot of numbers are registered in the phone book, you can search for the phone number by alphabet search mode.
- Call Log: The 80 most recent calls dialed, received, and missed are stored in memory. You can browse them and call numbers from these lists.
- Voice Control: If your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone is equipped with the voice control feature, you can use voice commands to make calls.
Note: Advanced phone operations that require attention, such as dialing numbers on the monitor or adjusting Bluetooth settings, are prohibited while driving. The vehicle's parking brake must be engaged to access these functions.
External Microphone: During your wireless phone call, you can talk into the head unit's included external microphone, and listen to the other party through the vehicle's speaker system. The external microphone provides better performance in noisy environments than the integrated microphone found on the front-panel of many aftermarket or factory radios. The microphone features a 13' cord that plugs into the back of the radio, and comes with an adjustable visor-mount clip. The microphone measures 0.475" (diameter) x 1.445" (depth). The unit is not equipped with an integrated microphone. The external microphone must be installed for Bluetooth hands-free communication.
Wireless Audio Streaming (with Meta Data Display): The Pioneer AVH-X4500BT supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The AVH-X4500BT will be able to control your stored music's basic playback functions; such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Fast-Forward/Reverse, and Repeat/Random. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name, Song title, and Album Art. The AVH-X4500BT also supports audio streaming of music apps (metadata display and control will depend on music app). When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
iPod/iPhone Connection: The Pioneer multimedia head unit supports both audio/video & app playback from a compatible iPod or iPhone. Select the appropriate cable for your model Apple device and media content.
- Audio Only: Using Pioneer's dock connector-to-USB cable (130CDIU51, sold separately) or the dock connector-to-USB cable which comes with your iPod/iPhone, you can enjoy audio playback of your stored music, podcasts, and Pandora Internet Radio on your iPod or iPhone through the Pioneer A/V head unit. If you have an iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), or iPhone 5; you will need the Pioneer CD-IU51 iPod Cable (sold separately) and the Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter (472LTN230P, sold separately) to connect the Apple device to the Pioneer head unit. The head unit does not support direct connection of the Lightning-connector cable that comes with the iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), or iPhone 5.
- Audio/Video: Using the Pioneer CD-IU201V iPod/iPhone connector cable (130IU201V, sold separately) you can enjoy audio playback, plus video playback of movies, TV shows, video podcasts, and music videos stored on your iPod/iPhone; as well as music or video based apps streamed to your iPhone. Not compatible with iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), or iPhone 5.
- Audio/Video + AppRadio: The Pioneer CD-IU201S iPhone/App cable (130IU201S, sold separately) not only provides audio/video playback, but also allows you to launch the AppRadio Mode on your iPhone 4/4S (iOS 4.2+), for playback of advance applications (such as navigation and internet radio) on the Pioneer AVH-X4500BT. You can also access audio/video files and AppRadio Mode from your iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1+) using Pioneer's CD-IV202AV cable kit, an Apple Lightning-to-USB Cable, and Apple Lighting-to-VGA adapter (all sold separately); also requires your iPhone 5 be paired via Bluetooth and a Firmware update from Pioneer.
Note: Video from your iPod/iPhone device can only be displayed while the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
iPod/iPhone Control: The Pioneer AVH-X4500BT lets you control your iPod/iPhone from the head unit's touchscreen or from the iPod/iPhone's touchscreen, clickwheel, or downloadable app.
- Head Unit: The Pioneer CD-IU201V (audio/video), CD-IU201S (iPhone 4/4S), or CD-IV202AV (iPhone 5) cable lets you search your iPod/iPhone's audio/video content by Video Playlist, Movie, Music Video, Video Podcast, TV Show, Rental, Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, or Audiobook from the head unit's touchscreen; the CD-IU51(audio only) cable only allows browsing of audio categories. Once you have selected a category, you can search each category alphabetically (A-Z). In addition, the head unit offers Link Search, which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Search lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre. You can also select Random & Repeat functions for a certain song or specific folder. Your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen will be locked in this mode.
- iPod/App: The Pioneer CD-IU201V (iPod/iPhone), CD-IU201S (iPhone 4/4s), or CD-IV202AV (iPhone 5) cable is required for App Control mode. App Control mode allows you to navigate stored audio/video content from your connected iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. This is very useful for the person riding in your passenger seat. The App mode also lets you listen to your favorite music apps, such as iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Last.fm, Rhapsody, & Slacker from your iPhone (iOS 3.0+) through the Pioneer head unit and your vehicle's speakers. In addition, you can watch video on the Pioneer A/V receiver's touchscreen from streaming movie apps, such as Netflix & YouTube, downloaded on your iPhone 4/4S (iOS 4.0+) or iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1+). Not all apps will be compatible with App Mode and App Mode will provide only limited (basic), if any, control over the app. Available controls may include; Play/Pause & Skip Previous/Next. The App Mode's video functions can only be accessed when the vehicle is in park and the hand-brake is fully engaged.
Pandora App: The Pioneer AVH-X4500BT supports the Pandora App via the Pioneer CD-IU51 (audio only), CD-IU201V (audio/video), CD-IU201S (iPhone 4/4S), or CD-IV202AV (iPhone 5) cable. The free Pandora App lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Pioneer AVH-X4500BT using your connected Apple iPhone, via the proprietary Pioneer iPod connector cable (sold separately) or the USB/iPod dock cable that came with your iPhone. To access Pandora you must have an Apple iPhone (iOS.3.0+) with the latest version of the Pandora Radio application from Apple's iTunes App Store. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account. The Pioneer AVH-X4500BT will provide control over the Pandora music service & display Artist, Album, & Song information; as well as Album art.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- QuickMix: QuickMix allows you to listen to songs played on one or more Pandora stations in your Station List randomly. You will need to edit your QuickMix station selections on the iPhone before connection.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada & only available in the United States.
iPod/iPhone Display: The multimedia head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information, as well as metadata from Pandora and AppRadios; including Track number, Folder number, Elapsed playing time, Song/Album title, Artist name, and Album art. There is no music information displayed when this unit is set to 'basic App mode'. Instead, all music information will be displayed on your iPod/iPhone's LCD screen.
iPod Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit will not charge the Apple iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
Advanced App Mode: Using the Pioneer CD-IU201S (130IU201S, sold separately) cable to connect the AVH-X4500BT to your iPhone 4/4S (iOS 4.2+) loaded with Pioneer's free AppRadio application from iTunes, you can enjoy full on-screen access and control of your calendar, maps, and more with an intuitive interface, formatted and designed specifically for safer in-vehicle operation. The same can be done with the iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1+) using Pioneer's CD-IV202AV cable kit, an Apple Lightning-to-USB Cable, and Apple Lightning-to-VGA adapter (all sold separately). Pioneer has teamed up with app providers to offer compatibility with many of today's most popular in-vehicle apps, while also developing an expanding catalog of compatible apps for future use that can be easily & seamlessly added. The AppRadio app must be first launched from your iPhone, and the compatible app selected from the iPhone. You can then operate the app from the Pioneer head unit. Popular apps include (as of 1/31/2013):
|App Categories||Application Description|
|Aupeo! Personal Radio: AUPEO! Personal Radio offers free online music. With more than 120 Internet radio stations available, users can search for their favorite music by artists, songs, genres, or AUPEO!'s "Mood-Tuner". Users can also choose to "love" or "ban" songs directly from the AppRadio screen, enabling the app to adjust content to the user's personal taste.|
|CarMediaPlayer: CarMediaPlayer allows you to swipe, drag, and directly touch the desired artist, song, or album in your music library directly from the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen with Alphabet Search and Album View function. When you're searching through your library, Alphabet Search allows you to select the first letter in the desired song, album, or artist name from the Pioneer receiver making it quick an easy to get to the music you want. The iPhone version of the app even allows you to play and access your iTunes Match collection directly from the Pioneer's touchscreen.|
|Livio Radio: The Livio Radio app ($4.99) lets you listen to more than 42,000 AM/FM and Internet-only radio streams from around the world. The Livio Radio app has been optimized for use in the vehicle with a range of features an controls right from the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen.|
|Rdio: Rdio (from for $4.99 per month) gives you access to over 8 million songs. You are able to search and find any song, album or artist, and start listening immediately. You can search music by new releases and chart toppers. You can also check out what other listeners have been listening to the most, or look at your own recent listening history. In addition, you can even create your own music collection or make your own playlists. Rdio will even recommend music for you, based on your previous music listening. The AppRadio will display Artist,/Album/Song information, as well as Album art.|
|StreamS HiFi Radio: The StreamS HiFi Radio app ($4.99) provides access to more than 4,000 live Internet radio stations from across the globe delivered in AAC/HE-AACv1/HE-AACv2 at 32kbps for high fidelity listening.|
|gMusic: Google Music allows you to keep up to 20,000 of your favorite songs in the cloud. Now you can listen to your entire music collection without having to use any space on your iOS device. gMusic offers full playlist editing, Last.fm scrobbling, thumbs up playlist, metadata editing, and innovative navigation.|
|Mixtrax: Pioneer's proprietary MIXTRAX app from iTunes analyzes the music in your iTunes library to create custom playlists for non-stop song mixes with added DJ effects.|
|Navigation||Apple Maps: You can view Apple maps on the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen as you would on your iPhone. Functionality is bundled with the Pioneer AppRadio app.|
|MotionX GPS Drive: The MotionX-GPS Drive App ($0.99) is available from iTunes for your iPhone 4/4S (not compatible w/ iPhone 5). There is a $2.99 per month subscription fee with an additional $19.99 per year for Voice Guidance feature. MotionX-GPS Drive is a complete GPS navigation solution, designed and optimized for the iPhone, that can be displayed on the Pioneer AppRadio. MotionX-GPS Drive helps you find what you're looking for and provides turn-by-turn directions with optional Live Voice Navigation, using industry-leading maps (including US and Canada). All the functionality of an advanced dedicated turn-by-turn GPS unit is presented in this intuitive iPhone application. MotionX-GPS Drive Offers full support for the iPhone with multitasking, routing, and live voice guidance instructions continuing in the background; while you listen to streaming music from your car audio system or use other applications from the iPhone. The 2D/3D navigation map will be displayed on the Pioneer AppRadio, but you will still control the MotionX-GPS Drive Navigation app from your iPhone.|
|NavFree GPS Live: NavFree GPS Live is a free navigation app that offers turn-by-turn directions, voice and on-screen instructions, offline map use, address search, live searches via Google and Microsoft Bing, and many other features. Navfree is a completely free navigation app with no additional monthly charges. It uses map data created by a community of thousands of users around the world. The map gets downloaded to the phone so data connection is not required for navigating.|
|My GPS USA: My GPS USA is the next generation GPS satellite navigation from the makers of NavFree. Full featured with voice guided, turn-by-turn satellite navigation with no hidden costs. It offers a HD live map display with 2D and 3D modes. You can navigate by pinching, swiping and touching. Full voice guidance is available in 12 languages. Multiple Routing Modes include - Fastest, Shortest, Easy, Pedestrian, and Economical Routes. You can even navigate from your Contacts.|
|INRIX Traffic: INRIX is a leading provider of highly accurate traffic services. INRIX's strategic partnership with Clear Channel Radio and Total Traffic Network extends the delivery of the highest quality data and broadest coverage available for personal navigation. The INRIX Traffic app ($24.95 per year) provides real-time traffic information and traffic forecasts for all major highways, interstates, arterials and city streets nationwide. Traffic information will be displayed on the Pioneer head unit, while control is still handled from the iPhone.|
|Extra Mile: Extra Mile ($1.99) is an all-in-one app for convenient voice navigation that gives audio feedback to improve your driving performance and conserve fuel.|
|EC Touch: The EasyCar app is designed specifically for AppRadio and provides large icons, simple commands, and swipe gestures that enable you to access your iPhone's music, contacts, mapping, and more.|
|Waze: Waze is a cool social GPS driving and navigation app that connects you to other drivers. When you download Waze, you not only get a free GPS traffic & navigation app, but also become part of the local driving community in your area, joining forces with other drivers nearby to outsmart traffic, save time and gas, and improve everyone's daily commute.|
|Driver Assist||DashCommand: Utilizing the built-in GPS & accelerometer sensors of the iPhone, the DashCommand app ($49.99) displays advanced vehicle and driving statistics. When connected to a compatible vehicle's OBD-II data port (optional OBD-II interface sold separately from Palmer Performance Engineering), advanced data monitoring, logging and analysis are enabled. Users can create and display up to 27 virtual dashboards with many styles including digital gauges, analog gauges, indicator lights, and more, which can all be accessed on the Pioneer head unit's screen. Compatible with more than 13 OBD-II compliant interfaces, the app can also be used as a scan tool to read vehicle trouble codes.|
|Best Parking: Best Parking is a parking search engine that steers drivers towards the cheapest and most convenient parking garages and lots in 55 cities and 80 airports.|
|Parkopedia: Parkopedia ($1.99) has grown to cover over 25 million parking spaces in 28 countries around the world thanks to contributions from other drivers. Use this app to find parking using your current location or by entering an address. Get directions straight to the space and see parking space availability in real-time (where available). Find opening hours, up to date prices, payment methods and more. You can quickly narrow down parking choices using filters such as free, credit cards accepted, covered, etc.|
|Utility||CarBrowser: CarBrowser ($1.99) allows you to search and navigate the internet directly from the Pioneer head unit's touchscreen while the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.|
|Commute WX: CommuteWX ($0.99) provides real-time weather information (current/forecast/in-route). Weather conditions are featured in large, easy to read graphics in a streamlined user interface that's well suited for in-vehicle travel.|
|Contacts: Access your iPhone's contacts. This function is bundled with the Pioneer AppRadio app.|
|Calendar: Access your iPhone's calendar, so you can view important events and reminders. This functionality is bundles with the Pioneer AppRadio app.|
|Photos: You can view photos stored on your iPhone. Access albums and camera rolls, and even view a slideshows. Functionality is bundled with the Pioneer AppRadio app.|
Note: As the library of AppRadio compatible applications grows, users will be automatically notified via Pioneer's AppRadio iPhone application, with a link to the respective app(s) page within the App Store. Visit the Pioneer AppRadio Site for the latest compatible apps.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Pioneer AVH-X4500BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 1/31/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/App Mode||Pandora App||AppRadio Mode||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art||Phone||Audio|
- *Requires the Pioneer CD-IU51 iPod cable and the Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter (both sold separately).
- **Requires Pioneer's CD-IV202AV cable kit, an Apple Lightning-to-USB Cable, and Apple Lightning-to-VGA adapter (all sold separately); also requires a Firmware update from Pioneer.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Supertuner IIID AM/FM Tuner: The Supertuner IIID AM/FM tuner features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
- RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- BSM (Best Stations Memory): BSM lets you automatically store the six strongest stations under preset buttons 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
- Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are 4 level of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations.
Pandora Internet Radio: Pandora is the leading Internet Radio music service in the United States, giving people music they love anytime, anywhere, through personalized radio stations. The Pioneer AVH-X4500BT supports the Pandora Radio App for iPhone (via USB) and Android (via Bluetooth).
- Smartphone Connectivity: The Pioneer AVH-X4500BT offers
connectivity to both the Apple iPhone and Android smartphone.
- Pandora via USB-connected iPhone: The free Pandora App lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Pioneer AVH-X4500BT using your connected Apple iPhone, via the proprietary Pioneer iPod connector cable (sold separately) or the USB/iPod dock cable that came with your iPhone. To access Pandora you must have an Apple iPhone (iOS.3.0+) with the latest version of the Pandora Radio application from Apple itunes App Store.
- Pandora via Bluetooth-enabled Android Smartphone: The Pioneer AVH-X4500BT lets you playback and control Pandora Internet Radio streamed from your Android smartphone, via Bluetooth (no hard-wired connection required). To access Pandora from the Pioneer head unit, your Bluetooth-enabled Android smartphone must have the latest version of the Pandora App from the Google Play App Store. Your Android smartphone must also support A2DP, AVRCP, and SPP Bluetooth profiles.
- Music Control: The Pioneer AVH-X4500BT provides the
following Pandora app control.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- QuickMix: QuickMix allows you to listen to songs played on one or more Pandora stations in your Station List randomly. You will need to edit your QuickMix station selections on the phone before connection.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
- Information Display: The Pioneer AVH-X4500BT will display Artist, Album, & Song information provided by the Pandora app on your iPhone or Android smartphone.
Note: Your iPhone or Android smartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. In addition, you will need an active Pandora music service account. Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
A firmware update is available from Pioneer that will provide enhanced iPhone 5 compatibility to enable AppRadio Mode. However, due to an unforeseen communication error with the Pandora internet radio app, audio playback and display of metadata from Pandora are disrupted. If you use Pandora and don't intend to use AppRadio Mode at this time, please do not install this update. Pioneer is working on an update to allow for both Pandora and AppRadio Mode, to be released at a future date.
Multimedia Compatibility: The Pioneer AVH-X4500BT features a hidden disc slot disc slot, as well as a rear-panel USB (type-A) port with 59" USB extension cable.
- Compatible Discs: The AVH-X4500BT supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, CD-Audio, CD-Text, and CD-R/RW discs.
- USB Port: The unit features a rear-panel USB port and includes a 59" USB extension cable. You can connect a USB mass storage class device; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the DVD receiver's USB port (5V/1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Compatible Media Files: The Pioneer AVH-X4500BT supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc or inserted USB device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW, DVD-R/-RW/-R DL)||Flash Memory (SD/SDHC, USB)|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1 or 2, Romeo, Joliet, UDF||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||
MP3: 8-320kbps bit
rate; 8-48kHz sampling rates
8-320kbps bit rate; 8-48kHz sampling rates
WMA: 48-320kbps bit rate; 32-48kHz sampling rates
AAC: 16-320kbps bit rate; 11.025-44.1kHz sampling rates
WAV: 8- or16-bit rate; 16-44.1k sampling rates
DivX: 720 x 576 max resolution; 8GB max file size
MPEG-1/2/4: 720 x 1280 max resolution; 8GB max file size
|JPEG: max resolution of 4092 x 4092|
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||
99 folders/999 files (700 folders/3,500 files for DVD)
|1,500 folders/15,000 files|
|Tags||ID3 tags (ver. 1.0,/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA-tags, AAC-tags|
Note: Videos and Photos can only be viewed when the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
Playback Functions: The Pioneer AVH-X4500BT offers the following playback functions:
- Automatic Playback: When a DVD disc with DVD menu is inserted, this unit will cancel the DVD menu automatically and start playback from the first chapter of the first title.
- Bookmark (Resume Playback): The Bookmark function lets you resume playback from a selected scene the next time the disc is loaded.
- Frame-By-Frame Playback: This feature lets you movie ahead on frame at a time during playback of your DVD or Video CD.
- Slow Motion Forward: When playing a DVD or Video CD, you can choose to play back video in slow motion (no audio).
- Repeat Play: Audio/Video content can be repeated. You can choose from Disc (entire disc), Folder (current folder) Chapter (current chapter), Title (current title), Track (current track), File (current file), Folder (current folder), or One (current video/song/track).
- Random (Shuffle) Play: Audio/Video can be played back in a random order. You can choose from Songs (videos/songs in selected list), Albums (videos/songs from selected album), Folder (songs/tracks in selected folder), or Disc (all songs/tracks on disc).
Search Functions: The AVH-X4500BT provides the following search functions:
- Track Title List: You can select tracks to playback using the track title list which is a list of the tracks recorded on a disc or USB memory device.
- Scene Search: You can use the search function on the unit's on-screen display to search for a desired scene on your DVD by specifying a title and chapter track.
- Return to Scene: You can return to the specified scene where the DVD you are currently playing has been preprogrammed to return.
- Skip Search: You can skip to the previous/next track, file, folder, title, or chapter on a disc or USB device.
- Fast Forward/Reverse: You can fast forward/reverse through a current track, file, or title on a disc or USB device.
Advanced Playback & Search Functions (for USB): Advance playback functions include; Music Browsing which lets you browse your USB memory device's music library by Artist, Album, Song, or Genre from the head unit in alphabetical order; and Link Play which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Play lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre.
MIXTRAX: Drawing from Pioneer's rich DJ heritage and passion for music, MIXTRAX delivers a unique DJ infused listening experience to listeners in the car. MIXTRAX is an innovative Pioneer technology that creates a non-stop mix of your music library complete with a range of DJ-inspired effects. MIXTRAX takes your typical music listening experience and creates a non-stop mix of your music with 9 random DJ effects and transitions, by removing the breaks and pauses normally introduced between tracks and replacing them with various beats. MIXTRAX is compatible with USB-connected iPhone, iPod, USB MSC device, and select Android devices. There is also a Short Playback option which limits the amount of time each track plays; select from 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, or 3 minutes.
Note: The MIXTRAX function does not work in App mode or with the Pandora App for iPod/iPhone/iPad.
Parental Lock: This unit features an 8-level Parental Lock system protected by a user-selected 4-digit password to prevent certain DVD's from being played back on the AVH-X4500BT.
Installation Angle: Optimum disc playback performance is obtained when the unit is installed at an angle of less than 30-degrees.
24-Bit/96kHz DAC: For superb quality audio playback from DVDs, CDs, and flash media, the Pioneer AVH-X4500BT is equipped with a 24-bit/96kHz digital-to-analog converter.
MOSFET50 Internal Amplifier: This receiver is equipped with a 50 watts x 4 (peak) MOSFET amplifier for low distortion, high power output. The amplifier is strong enough to power small subwoofers to moderate volume levels in compact cars and pickups. For higher volume levels from subwoofers, an optional amplifier may be connected to the preamp outputs.
CEA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the AVH-X4500BT are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (or 50 watts x 2 channels at 4 ohms + 70 watts x 1 channel at 2 ohms for subwoofer)
EEQ (Easy EQ) w/ 8-Band Graphic EQ: There are seven stored equalizer curves which you can easily recall at any time. You can choose from - Powerful, Natural, Vocal, Super Bass, Flat, Custom 1, or Custom 2. The Custom 1 and Custom 2 EQ modes allow you to manually adjust the level (+/- 12dB) of each band of the head unit's 8-band graphic equalizer (40Hz, 80Hz, 200Hz, 400Hz, 1kHz, 2.5kHz, 8kHz, and10kHz).
Auto EQ (Optional): The auto-equalizer automatically measures your car's interior acoustic characteristics, and then creates an auto-equalizer curve base on that information. The Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone (130CDMC20, sold separately) is required to use this function. The Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone plugs into your compatible Pioneer A/V receiver's 3.5mm input (hidden behind motorized front-panel). The Auto-EQ microphone should be placed in the center of your vehicle's driver seat headrest facing forward for EQ measurement.
Sonic Center Control: Sound that is suited for the listening position can easily be created with this function. You can adjust sound more toward the listening position left (7) to right (7).
Loudness: The Loudness function compensates for deficiencies in the low- and high-frequency ranges at low volume. You can set the Loudness to High, Mid, Low, or Off.
Bass Boost: You can easily boost the subwoofer bass level by using the Bass Boost function. The Bass Boost feature allows you increase the subwoofer level from 0 to +6 (12dB).
Advanced Sound Retriever: The Advanced Sound Retriever automatically enhances compressed audio and restores the original richness of the recording. When the Advanced Sound Retriever is on, the high frequency range is compensated to match the frequency response curve to the original sound. There are two available levels of the Advanced Sound Retriever effect.
Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the volume level of the FM tuner, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4 dB to +4 dB.
4V/6CH Preamp Outputs: The Pioneer AVH-X4500BT features three pair of 4.0-volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer). The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading.
Crossovers: The AVH-X4500BT employs high pass and low pass crossovers to tailor the head unit to your connected speakers.
- HPF: The head unit's 12dB/octave high pass filter only allows frequencies higher than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125Hz) to your front and rear speakers through the unit's speaker-level or line-level outputs.
- LPF: The subwoofer preamp output features an18dB/octave low pass filter so only frequencies lower than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125Hz) are output to your connected subwoofer.
Subwoofer Controls: The Pioneer AvH-X4500BT lets you adjust the subwoofer preamp output's phase (normal/reverse) and volume (+6 to -24).
Switchable Rear Channel/Subwoofer Speaker Output: The rear speaker outputs can be set to provide full range output with full fading capability, or they can be set to provide non-fading subwoofer (low-pass) output. When the rear speaker outputs are set to subwoofer mode, the rear preamp outputs also switch from full range to subwoofer outputs. When set for subwoofer operation, you can connect the rear speaker leads directly to two small 4-ohm passive subwoofers or a dual voice coil sub with 4-ohm voice coils. If you prefer to use a single 2-ohm subwoofer, you can connect the woofer to one set of speaker leads, leaving the other set of rear leads disconnected. The maximum output provided when a 2-ohm load is connected to one set of leads is 70 watts.
Dual AV Inputs: The Pioneer AVH-X4500BT has dual AV inputs to connect two external audio/video sources. The head unit has a rear-panel 3.5mm minijack AV input for connecting a portable audio/video device. There is also a rear-panel composite video/stereo RCA AV input for connecting a video component such as a mobile TV tuner or game console. The rear-panel 3.5mm minijack input also serves as the A/V input for your USB-connected iPod/iPhone (using the proprietary Pioneer cable).
Video Output: The AVH-X4500BT features a rear-panel composite video output that allows you to connect an external display to the unit. You can play back the same video source (except iPhone 5) which is being played on the head unit. You can select the unit to output a 16:9, Letter-Box or Pan-Scan aspect ratio to match your external display's screen size.
Rear View Camera: The AVH-X4500BT is equipped with a composite video Rear View Camera input. The unit features a function that automatically switches to the rear camera image (Rear View Camera input jack) when an optional rear camera (130NDBC5, sold separately) is installed. When the transmission is in reverse, the screen automatically switches to the rear view camera (the violet/white wire in the AVH-X4500BT's harness must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching). Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.9 seconds. Pioneer recommends using a camera with a mirror image (reversed) output. Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
Navigation Ready: The Pioneer AVH-X4500BT allows you to connect the Pioneer AVIC-U250 add-on navigation unit (130AVIC250, sold separately) through its RGB Input. This versatile hideaway unit allows you to switch to navigation mode with the touch of a button. Get to your destination by inputting an address or search through the POI library while enjoying whatever source is currently playing.
Note: If you are already using the head unit's RGB input to access AppRadio Mode from your iPhone, then you cannot connect this add-on navigation module (or vise-versa).
Wireless Remote Control: The Pioneer AVH-X4500BT includes an IR remote control (CXE5116) for wireless operation of the multimedia head unit and your connected devices. There are no controls to answer/end or dial call from your Bluetooth-enabled phone.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
15 questions already asked
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the settings on the product and see if there may be a fix. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer, or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Kenny May 06, 2017 ] Staff
It works, but not perfect. You have to hold down on the home button on the actual iphone, not the voice command on the radio. Then the radio will switch to phone mode to hear your instructions - you won t hear the initial DING prompting you to speak. It seems like there is a delay in between when the phone is ready and when the radio is ready to hear you. Not ideal for when there is a lot of back and forth to do with the phone instruction-wise [ Guy Mar 04, 2014 ]
We have not received any answers from other customers on your question. I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They should be able to help answer your question. [ Jeff Mar 03, 2014 ] Staff
if blown out can it be fixed? [ Mauricio Mar 01, 2014 ]
Sorry I have not played any video files on my radio. [ DAN L Feb 24, 2014 ]
Hi Louie, the GPS will not appear on the screen unless you get the bulky accessory. I stayed away from the accessory and just use the lightning cord to hear and see it on the Iphone5. To me, is better and less wires all over the dashboard. I really love the unit... Hope this helps in making your decision on what unit to purchase... [ LUIS Feb 24, 2014 ]
Sorry cant help on I- phn 5 , my I-phn 4 only does the audible portion via bluetooth of the pioneer head unit. I'm more & more convinced that a separate stand alone GPS unit is the better choice for a couple of reasons ...(1) Its dedicated to your pre-programed driving instructions with no interuptions (2) most stand alone GPS units track no less than 8 seperate satelites at the same time thus 100% focused on your trip plans. I've had at least a couple persons say that while streaming I -heart radio or simular programs that they've had a turn or an instruction missed from the head unit because of a signal delay caused by the cell phone (buffering) at the exact time a critical turn needed to be heard by the driver. Its for that reason i own a seperate dash mounted GPS unit. [ DOUGLAS J Feb 24, 2014 ]
Yes this head unit is compatible wit rear view cameras [ VICTOR Feb 24, 2014 ]
I have a Kenwood CMOS-210 camera connected to the Pioneer unit (4500). Picture is excellent. The Pioneer unit is a "what you see is what you get" kind of thing with color control. The Kenwood 470 that I originally installed has much better zoom, and pan functions that Pioneer does not have. The Pioneer unit's audio control and FM radio reception is infinitely better and was the deciding factor for me. [ MICHAEL D Feb 24, 2014 ]
Yes [ WILLIM B Feb 24, 2014 ]
Absolutely. Read the specs. [ JOHN Feb 24, 2014 ]
For details on fit or installation please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and give you the details on if this will fit and what you will need for an installation in your vehicle. [ Krissy Feb 23, 2014 ] Staff
I have a IPhone 5s, and use the blue tooth to connect my phone, it works very well, I don't have it set up for USB conection. [ Toolminator Feb 20, 2014 ]
Yes, you may need to update the unit. Files can be found on pioneers website [ SALVACION Feb 20, 2014 ]
Yes. For music. There is an adapter to buy though for other features such as pictures and videos. Great head unit. [ BEN Feb 20, 2014 ]
Yes with a adapter from pioneer and apple. [ TYLER Feb 20, 2014 ]
Yes it will, I haven't experienced any problems with my wife's 5c or my 5s. [ RAYMOND Feb 20, 2014 ]
yes, but depending on what you want to do you may need the Pioneer iPhone® 5 VGA Connection Package Item# 700VGAAV [ STEVAN Feb 20, 2014 ]
Mine does [ CHAD C Feb 20, 2014 ]
Not 100% sure. I used it with an iPod touch. But Idk remember correctly It should. [ SAUL Feb 20, 2014 ]
Yes...but you may hAve to download an app to your phone. [ JONAH Feb 20, 2014 ]
Not that I am aware of. I know it does not come with this feature but it may be possible to add it. Sorry I'm not more help [ JOHN Jan 24, 2014 ]
It does have the functionality, however, I have do not use that aspect. I use it primarily with Bluetooth for Pandora and Bluetooth Audio. Word to the wise, go to Pioneer's website and download and install the latest firmware to the headunit. It fixes a lot of the flakiness. [ DANIEL Jan 24, 2014 ]
No. It is a hard mounted motorized face with a pivoting feature. [ TYLER Jan 16, 2014 ]
no. [ JIM Jan 16, 2014 ]
no [ TONY Jan 15, 2014 ]
The face is not detachable, it is a motorized lcd screen that folds down for access to the cd/dvd slot. [ SHAWN Jan 15, 2014 ]
No it is not. [ CHAD C Jan 15, 2014 ]
This is a motorized face. It does not come of the unit. [ MATTHEW Jan 15, 2014 ]
No the face is not detachable. [ JEREMY Jan 15, 2014 ]
No it is not but it is a large unit in behind which makes it very hard to take it out In my car you cannot see it because of how black it looks almost looks like there is nothing there. Good thing because people will not see it they will not steal it [ TERRY M Jan 15, 2014 ]
Yes the face is detachable. [ SAUL Jan 15, 2014 ]
No it is not detachable [ CAERIE Jan 15, 2014 ]
No. [ ERIK Jan 15, 2014 ]
Yes it is detachable and u can also tilt the screen a certain angle u want [ BRYAN Jan 15, 2014 ]
This unit is not satellite radio ready. For satellite radio you could use a portable satellite radio unit and connect to auxiliary input. The 5500 is the step-up model that is satellite radio ready. [ Jeff Jan 10, 2014 ] Staff
This will depend largely on your vehicle. For details on installation please contact an Advisor by phone or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and give you the details on what you will need for an installation in your vehicle. [ Jeff Jan 06, 2014 ] Staff
For details on installation please contact an Advisor by phone or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and give you the details on what you will need for an installation in your vehicle. [ Jeff Dec 31, 2013 ] Staff
I do not have onstar .. I got professional to install [ WILLIAM Jan 06, 2014 ]
I'm not sure. My car is not equipped with onstar, so i cant tell you if it will have any effects on it or not.. Sorry, i could not be of any help.. [ LUIS Dec 30, 2013 ]
Trevor: Onstar is a feature of most GM products, this pioneer head unit was installed in a Honda product, however having owned several GM vehicles with the Onstar service/subscription, &.equipped with factory navigation, i am not aware of any conflicts since i've not replaced the factory equipment with any aftermarket units. I'm also curious why Crutchfeild would refer you to my purchase of this Pioneer stereo, i bought it deliberately without the navigation feature as my vehicle was not equipped with it. I'm sure Crutchfeild's tech support will suggest if your factory navigation (if you have it)would have any issue's with Onstar. That being said what i am certain of is .. As you know Onstar is designed to work wiith the audio portion of your factory unit ( Bose or JBL ) depending on what year model you bought, your turn by turn nav feature is spoken via the head unit & your Onstar emergency/ valet service is also audio integrated into the head unit as well, if you need or pay for that emergency service it MAY be lost no matter what brand of aftermarket head unit you buy, some integrate these features most do not, i would ask if those features are able to be re-activaed before i purchase any aftermarket stereo,...why?... You may end up paying for the Onstar feature (by subscription or even yearly contract) & not being able to use it with your new system. Check with GM first as to what options they can give you, then purchase it later if you cant terminate your agreement. In either case ask Crutchfeild's tech support what wire harness/ module(s) or devices can be purchased to activate those features if they're important to you. [ DOUGLAS J Dec 30, 2013 ]
What are you installing the unit it ? [ JOSHUA F Dec 30, 2013 ]
I would like to help you in this area, however I installed my x4500bt in my Audi s4 which does not have on star [ JOHN D Dec 30, 2013 ]
Works great with onstar in my 2013 GMC truck. You must buy the correct adapter to retain the onstar though. [ JAMES Dec 30, 2013 ]
Yes. You need to by the wiring harness that will retain the onstar. If you do you will retain all functions. [ STEVAN Dec 30, 2013 ]
You will want to contact an Advisor by phone or online chat to discuss compatibility with your factory system. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and see if this will integrate. If it does not, then they will also be able to discuss other options with you. [ Jeff Dec 30, 2013 ] Staff
5 answers I have an iPhone 5 that I will use for Pandora and Bluetooth. But I will be leaving my iPod classic connected to the unit at all times. Will my iPod work with this unit? I know it will play, but I was curious if it will transfer data/titles/album art etc. Also, when I order this does it come with the steering wheel control adapter? [ Jeffrey Dec 04, 2013 ]
To add to the question....can an iPhone5 or iPad be connected to this unit to display video on its screen? Jason [ J Parfait Jan 28, 2014 ]
Yes it will work. If you buy the special pioneer adapter everything including your iPhone 5 will play just like iTunes. You will also have to buy the steering wheel adapter separately but it's well worth it. [ VICTOR Dec 05, 2013 ]
The system does NOT come with the steering wheel control. That of course is an extra charge. As to your iPod, what you seen on the iPod screen is what you will see on the radio screen. Song title, album title, artist and if available album cover art as well. The receiver allows for skipping thru different artist and skipping thru songs so you don't have to worry about using any controls on iPod. Also has a search feature so if you have a million songs you can quickly do a search by typing artist name or song title on the recievers screen. Nice little radio full of features, mostly which you'll probably never use. And I'm sure I don't need to say this but make sure you pick up the iPod connecting cable. Hope this helped. Jose [ JOSE L Dec 04, 2013 ]
I wish I could help with that question but I only use tha pandora and I do not haav an iphone [ DARRELL Dec 04, 2013 ]
No clue to the I - phone portion. I use android. It does not come with the steering wheel interface. They offer a few choices though. [ WILLIM B Dec 04, 2013 ]
Yes its compatible. U got to download the pioneer a and it will work. [ COTY W Dec 01, 2013 ]
I'm not sure if there is a cable to connect an android to it, but android will work through bluetooth. [ JESUS E Dec 01, 2013 ]
Yes it is. I use via Bluetooth, quick connection. [ ERIK Dec 01, 2013 ]
I don't know, I have only used a IPhone, of which I only use my bluetooth, so if your phone has blue tooth I would say yes. [ Toolminator Dec 01, 2013 ]
I'm actually not to sure. I have an iphone. [ CHAD C Dec 01, 2013 ]
Yes, to a select few models i believe. I do know there is decreased functionality i.e. some features do not work when controlling the receiver via android phone. You may be able to find more specific details on the pioneer website. If I remember correctly, manufactures like JVC kenwood and sony seem to be more android friendly. Hope this leads you to an answer! [ SALVACION Dec 01, 2013 ]
I'm not sure, I been told certain ones will. [ TONY Dec 01, 2013 ]
Bluetooth compatible but not android compatible. I have the moto x and it works great for bluetooth. But nothing else you plug your phone into the USB port and says its not formated right, because it can only read fat32. No NTSC devices. [ TERRY M Dec 01, 2013 ]
I do believe that this unit in compatible with android you may need to double check if you need an additional cord [ MATTHEW Dec 01, 2013 ]