Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Watch a product demo
Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS display and controls demo
Crutchfield: How Does Pioneer MIXTRAX Work?
Our take on the Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Sharp styling, with features to match
Pioneer designed the DEH-X9500BHS CD receiver with all the convenient features you want in a modern car stereo: Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and audio streaming, an HD Radio™ tuner for improved AM/FM, Pandora® Internet radio control, and dual USB inputs. You'll also find sophisticated sound controls and a variable-color display, along with the crowd-pleasing MIXTRAX feature, in this impressive car stereo.
You'll be pleased with how much easier and safer Bluetooth makes your drive time. You'll see the phone number from incoming calls displayed clearly on the sharp dot-matrix display. If you want to take the call, just touch a button on the Pioneer and talk while you keep both hands on the wheel. You can also stream music wirelessly from almost any Bluetooth device through the receiver — even control track selection and check out info on the song on the receiver's display.
HD Radio for the best radio sound
HD Radio's sonic advantages are impressive — FM broadcasts that are near-CD quality, with AM that's as good as what you're used to on FM. And if your local HD Radio station employs multicasting, this Pioneer allows you to tune into multiple channels on the same frequency, so you'll have more entertainment choices. Plus, the iTunes® tagging feature lets you save song info when your iPod® or iPhone® is connected, so you can purchase the tracks you like later.
Play stored music and streaming sources
The two rear USB inputs allow you to connect a variety of devices. For example, you could plug your iPod into one and use the other for a USB storage device. Pioneer's ControlApp even lets you access the music files on many Android™ phones through USB, so there's almost no limit to the amount of music you can have on tap. And the 1-amp USB port will charge your devices fast, so you'll be ready to go when you get out of the car.
With your iPhone® connected, you'll have excellent control over your Pandora® Internet radio stations, including station selection and "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" ratings from the face of the receiver. The DEH-X9500BHS also features Pioneer's App Mode, which offers limited control of many popular streaming music services.
Built for great sound
The DEH-X9500BHS's built-in amp delivers plenty of power for strong sound. And when you connect digital music sources to one of the USB inputs, you'll bypass the player's internal digital-to-analog converter and use the higher-quality DAC in the receiver — the surest path to clearer, more realistic sound. You'll also find an impressive collection of soundshaping controls, including a 5-band equalizer that lets you adjust the sound to your car's interior, and Pioneer's Advanced Sound Retriever, which reverses the compression process to give you more high-frequency sparkle and musical detail from your compressed music files. Car audio enthusiasts who want to build a system around this Pioneer will appreciate the three sets of high-voltage preamp outputs for adding external amps.
A vibrant display, enhanced by MIXTRAX
The DEH-X9500BHS's fold-down face offers plenty of room for displaying song info, and the bright dot-matrix display reads easily in a variety of lighting conditions. You can vary the colors of the display and controls separately, creating thousands of possible combinations to match your car or your style. Pioneer's MIXTRAX works with the playlists and music files of your connected iPhone, iPod, or Android, adding DJ-inspired transitions between songs, while pulsing the variable color display of the receiver in time to the music.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Pioneer stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Pioneer, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab for compatible adapters.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check Details for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
Easy to install, hands free bluetooth works well.
What's in the Box:
- CD receiver (with 10-amp ATM mini fuse inserted into chassis)
- Face (attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Wiring harness
- 59" USB extension cable (w/ a male USB type-A connector on one end and a female USB type-A connector on other end)
- Wireless remote control (QXE1044)
- CR2025 Lithium battery (installed)
- Microphone (w/ attached 13' cable termianted by a right-angle 2.5mm connector)
- Two-sided tape
- 2 Extraction keys
- 4 Pan head ISO-mount screws (M5 x 8mm)
- 4 Flat-head ISO-mount screws (M5 x 9mm)
- Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Limited Warranty Information (USA/Canada)
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in HD Radio tuner with iTunes tagging
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- MIXTRAX for a DJ-inspired audio/visual experience
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC files
- fold-down detachable face with dot matrix LCD display, plus customizable display and key colors
- remote control
- Advanced Sound Retriever (ASR) for improved sound quality from compressed music files
- 5-band equalizer with six preset tone settings
- 3-level loudness
- high- and low-pass filters
- subwoofer level control
- built in iPod control no adapter necessary, but adding Pioneer's optional connecting cable lets you leave your iPod cable at home
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: front panel auxiliary and dual rear-panel USB inputs
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|USB Input||Rear (2)|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power Output||14 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
Bluetooth Technology: The Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (version 3.0), allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), HSP (Head Set Profile), OPP (Object Push Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
SPP (Secure Simple Pairing): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the DEH-X9500BHS without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When a registered Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. Up to 3 Bluetooth-compatible devices can be registered to this head unit. Only one device can be used at a time. Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS.
Hands-Free Communication: The DEH-X9500BHS supports wireless hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The head unit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer an incoming call or have the unit automatically answer the call. The DEH-X9500BHS allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the head unit's external microphone and your car audio speakers. During a conversation you can adjust the volume, as well as switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode. Using the DEH-X9500BHS, you can dial a phone number in one of the following ways:
- Phone Book: The phone book in your Bluetooth enabled cellular phone will be transferred automatically when the phone is paired to this unit. After finding the number you want to call in the phone book from the head unit, you can select the entry and make the call. If a lot of numbers are registered in the phone book, you can search for a phone number by the contact person's name alphabetically (A-Z).
- Call Log: The most recent calls dialed, received, and missed are stored in memory. You can browse them and call numbers from these lists.
External Microphone: During your wireless phone call, you can talk into the head unit's included external microphone, and listen to the other party through the vehicle's speaker system. The external microphone provides better performance in noisy environments than the integrated microphone found on the front-panel of many aftermarket or factory radios. The microphone features a 13' cord that plugs into the back of the radio, and comes with a visor-mount clip. The microphone measures 0.475" (diameter) x 1.445" (depth).
Wireless Audio Streaming (with Meta Data Display): The Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The DEH-X9500BHS will be able to control your stored music's basic playback functions; such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Fast-Forward/Reverse, and Repeat/Random. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name, Song title, and Album label. The DEH-X9500BHS also supports audio streaming of music apps (metadata display and control will depend on music app). When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Voice Recognition: The head unit's voice recognition feature can be used to control basic phone and music functions of your Bluetooth-enabled iPod or iPhone (which is also equipped with voice recognition). Press and hold the head unit's front-panel 3-way rotary knob and speak into the included external microphone.
iPod Direct Connection w/ DAC Bypass: The Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS's rear-panel USB port and 59" USB extension cable can be used to connect your iPod/iPhone to the head unit, via Pioneer's dock connector-to-USB cable (130CDIU51, sold separately) or the dock connector-to-USB cable which comes with your iPod/iPhone. If you have an iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), or iPhone 5; use the Lighting-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect to the head unit. Using either cable, DEH-X9500BHS supports audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of your compatible iPod/iPhone. The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 94dB. The Pioneer head unit supports audio playback of music, podcasts, audiobooks, and music apps stored on your iPod or iPhone. The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information, including - Track number, Folder number, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, and Album title. The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it). You can choose to operate your iPod/iPhone through the head unit's front-panel controls, from its clickwheel/touchscreen, or via a streamed app from your iPhone.
- Head Unit: From the head unit, you can browse your iPod/iPhone's music library by Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Playlist, Composer, Podcast, or Audiobook (your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen will be locked). Once you have selected a category, you can search each category alphabetically. In addition, the head unit offers Link Search, which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Search lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre. You can also select Random & Repeat functions for a certain song or specific folder.
- iPod: In iPod mode, you can navigate the stored music on your iPod/iPhone from its clickwheel or touchscreen, while still being able to view song/artist information on the head unit's LCD.
- App Mode: App mode lets you listen to your favorite music apps, such as iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Last.fm, Rhapsody, & Slacker from your iPhone (iOS 3.0+) through the Pioneer head unit and your vehicle's speakers. Not all apps will be compatible with App Mode and App Mode will provide only limited (basic), if any, control over the app. Available controls may include; Play/Pause & Skip Previous/Next. There is no music information displayed when this unit is set to 'App Mode'. Instead, all music information will be displayed on your iPod/iPhone's LCD screen. The head unit's LCD will only display the text - 'App Mode'.
iPod Compatibility Chart: The Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 12/5/2012):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Pandora app||iTunes Tagging||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||App mode||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
MIXTRAX: Drawing from Pioneer's rich DJ heritage and passion for music, MIXTRAX delivers a unique DJ infused listening experience to listeners in the car. MIXTRAX is an innovative Pioneer technology that creates a non-stop mix of your music library complete with a range of DJ-inspired effects. MIXTRAX takes your typical music listening experience and creates a non-stop mix of your music with 9 random DJ effects and transitions, by removing the breaks and pauses normally introduced between tracks and replacing them with various beats. MIXTRAX is compatible with USB-connected iPhone, iPod, USB MSC device, and select Android devices. There is also a Short Playback option which limits the amount of time each track plays; select from 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, or 3 minutes.
Note: The MIXTRAX function does not work in App mode or with the Pandora App for iPod/iPhone/iPad.
Auxiliary Input: The DEH-X9500BHS is equipped with a front-panel 3.5mm stereo minijack auxiliary input for connecting external components, such as a portable MP3 player.
HD Radio: The Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS's built-in HD Radio tuner lets you listen to the radio with the same fidelity as your digital music. HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. HD Radio features high quality audio, FM multicasting, and data services. With HD Radio, your FM stations offer near CD-quality sound, AM stations provide FM-like sound, and there is crystal-clear reception with no audio distortion. Best of all, HD Radio is 100% subscription free. The unit's tuner also supports analog AM/FM broadcasts. Go to HDRadio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
- Multicasting: In addition to conventional broadcasts, with HD Radio broadcasting it is possible to choose from up to 3 multicast programs (HD1 to HD3, and analog). There are also data programs for each program.
- RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible analog or HD AM/FM stations.
- iTunes Tagging: It is possible to save the song's information (tag) from a HD Radio or RDS FM broadcasting station to your USB-direct connected iPod/iPhone. The songs will show up in a playlist called "Tagged" in iTunes the next time you sync your iPod/iPhone. Then you can directly buy the songs you want from the iTunes Music Store.
- Supertuner IIID: The Supertuner IIID features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner IIID creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity.
- Reception Blending: If a digital broadcast reception condition gets poor, this unit automatically switches to the analog broadcast of the same frequency level. If this function is set to "On", the tuner switches between digital broadcast and analog broadcast automatically. If this function is 'Off', reception will be conducted within an analog broadcast.
- BSM (Best Stations Memory): The BSM (Best Stations Memory) function lets you automatically store the six strongest analog or HD stations under presets 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
- Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are 4 level of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations.
Pandora Internet Radio: Pandora is the leading Internet Radio music service in the United States, giving people music they love anytime, anywhere, through personalized radio stations. The Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS CD receiver lets you playback and control the Pandora Internet Radio music service that is being streamed to your Apple iPhone or Android smartphone. Your iPhone or Androidsmartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. In addition, you will need an active Pandora music service account.
- Smartphone Connectivity: The Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS provides
connection to the Apple iPhone and Android smartphone for Pandora Internet
- Pandora App for iPhone: The Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS provides complete access to your Pandora account using your iPhone, via the head unit's front-panel USB port. To access Pandora you must have an Apple iPhone (iOS3 or later) with the latest version of the Pandora App from Apple's iTunes App Store.
- Pandora via Android: The Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS lets you playback and control Pandora Internet Radio streamed from your Android smartphone, via Bluetooth (no hard-wired connection required). To access Pandora from the Pioneer head unit, your Bluetooth-enabled Android smartphone must have the latest version of the Pandora App from the Google Play App Store. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP, AVRCP, and SPP Bluetooth profiles.
- Pandora Control: The Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS will provide
control over the Pandora music service streamed to your USB-connected iPhone or
Bluetooth-enabled or Android smartphone.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- QuickMix: QuickMix allows you to listen to songs played on one or more Pandora stations in your Station List randomly. You will need to edit your QuickMix station selections on the phone before connection.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
- Information Display: The Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS will display Artist, Album, & Song information provided by the Pandora app on your iPhone or Android smartphone.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
SiriusXM Ready: The DEH-X9500BHS is SiriusXM Ready so you can listen to commercial-free music, all your favorite sports, exclusive talk and entertainment, comedy, news, traffic, weather, and more. Simply connect the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV200, sold separately) to the dedicated SiriusXM port on the rear of the CD receiver and enjoy satellite radio without additional translators or cables. With the SiriusXM Connect tuner you'll have access to more than 150 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the "SiriusXM All Access" package (subscription required). Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options and channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- The List Menu displays a list of all available channels.
- Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD.
- You can store up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio Station Presets.
- Tune Start allows you to choose whether to start a song from the beginning or from its live point when tuning to a preset music channel.
- You can scan through channels within categories or songs from your preset channels. Tune Scan allows you to play back eight seconds of each song in a preset music channel. Category Scan lets you play back five seconds of a live broadcast in the currently selected category.
- The iTunes Tagging feature lets you Tag songs you hear on SiriusXM and stores the info on your iPod/iPhone (connected to your head unit via USB). The next time you connect your iPod/iPhone to iTunes, you will be able to preview your selections and then purchase and download them directly from iTunes.
- The SiriusXM Parental Control feature allows you to control access to channels that you consider inappropriate for younger listeners. When enabled, The Parental Control feature requires you to enter a 4-digit passcode to tune to the locked channels.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Compatible Discs: The Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS supports playback of CD-Audio, CD-Text, CD-R, and CD-RW discs. This unit can play MP3, WMA, AAC, and WMA files recorded on CD-R/RW discs.
Rear-Panel USB Input: The unit is fitted with dual rear-panel USB (type-A) ports and comes with a 59" USB extension cable that allows you to connect up to two USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) compliant devices; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives. The USB ports enable audio playback & control of AAC, MP3, WMA, and WAV audio files stored on portable USB mass-storage class devices. USB portable audio players and smartphones that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB ports (1A) and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
MP3/WMA/AAC Playback: The Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS supports the following types of MP3, WMA, AAC files recorded onto CD-R/RW disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||CD-R/RW||USB Storage Device|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, Romeo, Long file name||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types|| MP3:
bit rate of 8-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
WMA: bit rate of 48-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
AAC: bit rate of 16-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
WAV: bit rate of 8- or 16-bit w/ sampling rate of 16-48kHz or 22.05-44.1kHz
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||99 folders/999 files||500 folders/15,000 files|
|Tags||ID3 tags (ver.1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA tags|
File/Track Name List: The Name List feature displays a list of MP3/WMA folders and tracks on a loaded CD or connected USB device, so you can easily access your music. The Name List will also display the list of track titles on a CD Text disc.
Music Browsing: From the head unit, you can browse your USB memory device's music library by Artist, Album, Song, or Genre. Once you have selected a category, you can search each category alphabetically.
Link Play: Link Play lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, or an album list of the currently playing genre on a USB memory device.
Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
Auto Off Eject: When you eject a disc, the unit will automatically power off (unless you switch sources before ejecting the disc).
Installation Angle: Optimum CD playback performance is obtained when the unit is installed at an angle of less than 60-degrees.
24 Bit D/A Converter: The Pioneer in-dash head unit utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The DEH-X9500BHS is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power specifications for the DEH-X9500BHS are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
- CEA2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels
Advanced Sound Retriever: The Advanced Sound Retriever automatically enhances compressed audio and restores the original richness of the recording. Hear the detail, warmth, and clarity, the way the artist intended it, from all of your highly compressed MP3 and WMA files stored on your USB device, iPod/iPhone, and portable media players. By restoring data (especially higher frequencies) that tends to get lost in the digital compression process, Pioneer's Advanced Sound Retriever technology enhances audio reproduction nearly all the way up to 20 kHz frequencies
Equalizer: The Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS features a Preset & Custom EQ. The built-in equalizer offers 7 preset sound modes (Powerful, Dynamic, Vocal, Natural, Custom 1, Custom 2, and Flat) suitable for the music genre of your choice. The two Custom modes allow you to manually adjust the head unit's 5-band EQ (100Hz, 315Hz, 1,25kHz, 3.15kHz, 8kHz) from +/-6dB. Custom 1 can be set separately for each source (except for USB/iPod/Pandora); while Custom 2 and the other 5 presets are shared settings used for all sources.
Bass Boost The DEH-X9500BHS features a bass boost function which can be used to enhance low-frequency bass sound. The bass boost function can be set between 0-6.
Loudness: The Loudness feature compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at low volume. You can set the Loudness feature to Low, Mid, High, or Off.
Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the volume level of the FM tuner, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4dB to +4dB.
4V/6CH Preamp Outputs: The Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS features three pair of 4.0-volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer). The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading.
Crossovers: The DEH-X9500BHS employs high pass and low pass crossovers to tailor the head unit to your connected speakers.
- HPF: The head unit's 12dB/octave high pass filter only allows frequencies higher than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125Hz) to your front and rear speakers through the unit's speaker-level or line-level outputs.
- LPF: The subwoofer preamp output features an18dB/octave low pass filter so only frequencies lower than those in the selected range (50, 63, 80, 100, 125Hz) are output to your connected subwoofer.
Subwoofer Controls: The Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS lets you adjust the subwoofer preamp output's phase (normal/reverse) and volume (+6 to -24).
Switchable Rear Channel/Subwoofer Speaker Output: The rear speaker outputs can be set to provide full range output with full fading capability, or they can be set to provide non-fading subwoofer (low-pass) output. When the rear speaker outputs are set to subwoofer mode, the rear preamp outputs also switch from full range to subwoofer outputs. When set for subwoofer operation, you can connect the rear speaker leads directly to two small 4-ohm passive subwoofers or a dual voice coil sub with 4-ohm voice coils. If you prefer to use a single 2-ohm subwoofer, you can connect the woofer to one set of speaker leads, leaving the other set of rear leads disconnected. The maximum output provided when a 2-ohm load is connected to one set of leads is 70 watts.
Detachable Fold-Down Face: The Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS in-dash CD receiver features a manual fold-down faceplate with detachable face security. The manual fold-down face helps to prevent dust from gathering on the unit's CD mechanism. If the front panel is not detached from the head unit within five seconds of turning off the ignition, a warning tone will sound. The warning tone can be turned off in the menu, if desired. No face case is included with this unit. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit.
Note: The head unit's fold-down front-panel needs 1.625" of clearance to open.
Large Full-Dot LCD: The Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS features a 3-line, full-dot LCD which makes it easier to see what is playing in most lighting conditions. You can easily view file/folder lists from your MP3, WMA, AAC, and CD Text-encoded discs, Radio presets, or data from your connected iPod/iPhone. The contrast of the display can be set between 0 and 15.
Color Customization: Color Customization lets the user match their receiver illumination to their vehicle's interior lighting. Over 210,000 colors are available to match the illumination of almost any car. The button illumination and display illumination colors can be customized separately for an endless number of color combinations. You can select from 27 preset colors (White to Rose), customize an illumination color (by adjusting Red, Blue, and Green brightness levels), or scan through various color settings (All/Warm/Ambient/Calm/Custom).
MIXTRAX Illumination: MIXTRAX features a club-style illumination that enhances the mood with a dynamic dance club-like lighting effect. As MIXTRAX begins, lights start pulsing to the beat of the music, adding an extra level of entertainment. You can choose among twelve patterns of lighting variations from sound pressure level or low-pass synchronization modes. The lighting effects work like a spectrum analyzer, reaching peak colors based on the intensity of the music. You can also choose which area's of the head unit's face illuminates; select Display, Keys, Both or Off.
Multi-Language Display: For your convenience, this unit is equipped with a multiple language display. You can select the language which is best suited to your first language - English, French, or Spanish.
Ever Scroll: When the Ever Scroll feature is set to On, recorded text information scrolls continuously on the display. It will auto-scroll up to 64 characters. Set this feature to Off if you prefer the information to scroll only once.
Entertainment Displays: You can enjoy entertainment displays while listening to each sound source. You can choose from the following; Background Visual, Genre, Background Picture (1/2/3/4), Simple Display, Movie Screen, or Calendar.
Calendar/Clock Display: The Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS provides time, date, month, and year display. You can choose to have the head unit display the calendar and clock even when the unit is powered off (your vehicle must be running or in the accessory position.
Automatic Dimmer: To prevent the display from being too bright at night, the display is automatically dimmed when the car's headlights are turned on. You can turn the auto dimmer feature on or off. The automatic dimmer function only works when the orange/white illumination wire in the wiring harness is connected to the vehicle's headlight circuit.
Display Illumination/Clock Display: When the Clock Display has been turned on, pressing and holding the "SRC" button turns off audio output, but the clock display and button illumination remains on (you can press the "DISP" button to turn off). When the Clock Display has been turned off, pressing and holding the "SRC" button turns the unit off completely. Even if you have turned the radio completely off you can view the clock display by pressing the "DISP" button. The clock will then remain On until you turn it back Off. When the unit is On, both clock and source information can be displayed at the same time; or you can set the unit to display only source info or only clock/calendar.
Engine Time Alert: This setting allows you to measure the length of time that elapses from when the head unit is turned on and display the amount of elapsed time per set period (15 min., 30 min., or Off). There will also be an audible alarm. This function is handy if you are listening to the radio with the vehicle' ignition is in the accessory position, and the engine off.
Demo Mode: This unit features a Demo mode which can be turned On/Off within the menu.
Wireless Remote Control: The DEH-X9500BHS comes with an IR wireless remote control. The remote allows you to control the volume, switch between sources, pause the CD, change the display, and adjust the audio. You can also mute the volume (function that cannot be performed from the front panel). In addition, you can answer and end a phone call from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.