Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Item #: 133CQVX100
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Panasonic CQ-VX100U by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Enjoy easy connectivity with Panasonic's CQ-VX100U DVD receiver. Plug your video camera, iPod®, or other video source into the convenient front-panel input and enjoy the show on the 7" screen when your car is parked. When you're rolling down the road, plug in your portable music player to hear your favorite road tunes.
You'll appreciate Panasonic's reputation for high-quality video performance with the CQ-VX100U the special high-temperature certified screen keeps colors crisp and bright in the grueling car environment, while the high-powered graphics processor delivers superior image resolution and picture quality.
The touchscreen controls makes it easy to operate the receiver when you're driving you can access most functions with a touch or two of your finger. Add a Bluetooth® adapter so you can make hands-free calls with your compatible phone while your attention stays on the road.
The CQ-VX1000U handles all your musical needs it plays CDs and DVDs, even CDs loaded with your MP3 files, and it controls your iPod with an optional adapter. The SQ3 3-band equalizer adjusts the highs, mids, and lows to your taste, and three sets of preamp outputs let you add amps and subs to your system.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
What's in the Box:
- AM/FM/DVD receiver with motorized 7" widescreen color LCD monitor (has 15A fuse inserted in chassis)
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- A/V patch cable (with 3.5mm miniplug on one end and RCA composite video and stereo audio jacks on the other end)
- 2 Mounting springs
- 4 Round Phillips-head screws (M4 x 3mm)
- 4 Flat-head screws (M5 x 6mm)
- 4 Round Phillips-head screws (2 installed) (M5 x 6mm)
- Rear mounting bolt (M5)
- 2 Metal transportation brackets (installed)
- 2 Rubber spacers
- 2 Dual-sided adhesive rings
- Operating Instructions (Eng/Span/Fren)
- Installation Instructions (Eng/Span/Fren)
- System Upgrade Guidebook (Eng/Span/Fren)
- Note on mounting position
- Product Registration card
- Panasonic Customer Care plan card
- in-dash DVD receiver with built-in amp (20 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 7" retractable screen with touchscreen controls
- 3-band SQ3 equalizer
- plays MP3 files on CD
- DVD, DivX, CD, CD-R/RW playback
- compatible with iPod adapter, Bluetooth adapter, satellite radio, CD changer
- inputs: front-panel A/V input, rear RCA A/V input, rearview camera input
- outputs: A/V output, 5-channel preamp outputs (front, rear, and sub)
Features and Specs
|AUX Input||Front and Optional Rear|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Both|
|RMS Power Output||20 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||12.2 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
Motorized Video Display: The Panasonic CQ-VX100U is equipped with a motorized 7.0" widescreen LCD monitor with touch screen controls. You can manually adjust the angle of the display using the touch screen controls or the tilt button on the unit. You can set the monitor to open automatically when you turn on Accessory power, or manually only.
Display Adjustment: You can adjust the display's contrast, brightness, color, and tint. The display's dimmer function can be set to one of three brightness levels.
Aspect Ratio: You can choose from the following screen modes:
- Normal: displays 16:9 widescreen format pictures that fill the entire screen width, and 4:3 (conventional TV) pictures display with black bars on either side
- Full: expands 4:3 pictures horizontally to fill the entire width of the screen, distorting the picture slightly but retaining full image height
- Zoom: expands 4:3 pictures both horizontally and vertically, filling the screen without distorting the picture but cutting off the top and bottom edges
- Just: expands 4:3 pictures horizontally only at the edges
ID Code: Prior to operating this unit, you can assign a 4-digit ID code for security. Once the ID code has been set, the unit cannot be operated without entering the ID code if the main power supply is disconnected and then reconnected.
SQ3: The 3-band parametric EQ lets you adjust the level of three frequency bands: Bass, Mid, and Treble. You can select the center frequency for each band as follows: Bass (60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 200Hz), Mid (500Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, 3kHz), and Treble (10kHz, 12kHz, 15kHz, 18kHz). The level of each frequency can be adjusted from +12dB to -12dB in 2dB increments. You can also choose from the following SQ presets: Rock, Pop, Vocal, Jazz, Club, and Flat. In addition, the unit offers separate bass and treble adjustments of +/-12dB.
Dolby Digital/DTS Decoders: The CQ-VX100U has built-in decoders that allow you to enjoy Dolby Digital and DTS as a 2-channel down-mix.
MP3/DivX Compatible: This unit can play MP3 and DivX files recorded onto CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, or DVD-RW discs in ISO 9660 Level 1/Level 2, Apple Extension to ISO 9660, Joliet, and Romeo. The player can support up to 999 files, 999 files in one folder, 8 levels, and 255 folders.
Subwoofer Preamp Output: The volume level of the subwoofer preamp output is adjustable from -12dB to +12dB in 2dB increments. The subwoofer preout is a single, unfiltered, full-range output. If desired, you can turn off the subwoofer output in the menu.
Rear View Camera: You can connect an optional rear view camera to the unit through a dedicated rear camera input. The camera must have an RCA composite video connector. When the violet/white wire in the wiring harness is connected to the vehicle's backup light circuit, the CQ-VX100U will automatically switch to the rear camera input whenever the vehicle is placed in reverse gear.
Fast Forward/Reverse: When playing a DVD or Video CD, the speed of fast forward and fast reverse change incrementally in 4 steps (2x, 4x, 8x, and 16x) as the corresponding button is held down.
Slow Motion: When playing a DVD or Video CD, you may move forward through the program being played in slow motion at about 1/3 normal speed. Slow motion playback cannot be performed in reverse.
Repeat Play: When playing a DVD, you can repeat the current chapter. When playing a Video CD, you can repeat the current track. For MP3 and DivX discs, you can repeat the current track or folder.
Multi-Angle Display: This function allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles.
Note: This function is limited to DVDs recorded with multiple camera angles.
Dynamic Range Compression: This function reduces a Dolby Digital soundtrack's dynamic range so you can hear quieter dialog without being overwhelmed by loud sections. You can choose a setting of Minimum, Standard, or Off.
System-Up Connector: The CQ-VX100U has a rear panel-mounted System-Up connector (on a 4" pigtail) which allows you to add a single external device, or with the optional Expansion Module (133CYEM100), add up to 4 components. Most of the optional components will require an adapter cable in order to make the connections. The components that can be connected to the head unit via the System-Up Connector include:
- iPod: You can connect an iPod using the CA-DC300U
Direct Cable for iPod (133DC300) or CA-VDC300U Direct Cable for iPod with
Video. Compatible iPods using this connection method include the following
iPods and software available through September 2007:
- 4th Generation iPod/ver.3.1.1
- 5th Generation iPod/ver.1.2.1
- iPod photo/ver.1.2.1
- iPod mini/ver.1.4.1
- 1st Generation iPod nano/ver.1.2
- 2nd Generation iPod nano/ver.1.1.3
Note: Functionality except for video playback (not supported) via the System-Up Connector has been confirmed by Crutchfield for iPod classic, 3rd Generation iPod nano, and iPod touch. These iPod models require an authentication chip in order to output video.
- CD/DVD Changer: Using the optional CA-CC30U Conversion Cable (133CACC30), you can connect the optional Panasonic CX-DP880U CD changer, or the CX-DH801U DVD changer.
- Satellite Radio:
- XM Satellite Radio: You can connect the optional XMDirect² package (700XMPAN1), which consists of the CNP2000UC tuner and CNPPAN1 adapter cable, for XM Satellite Radio programming. A subscription to XM Satellite Radio, plus downloading of firmware to the XM Tuner is required in order to receive XM programming.
- Sirius Satellite Radio: The optional universal SiriusConnect SC-C1 receiver (item number 607SCC1) is compatible when the CA-LSR01U SiriusConnect interface is added (item number 133CALSR01). There is also a discounted package (item number 700VX100SR) that includes the CQ-VX100U head unit, SiriusConnect tuner, and SiriusConnect interface. A subscription to SIRIUS Satellite Radio is required in order to receive programming.
- Aux Input: Portable or plug 'n play units from XM or SIRIUS can connected to one of the unit's auxiliary inputs.
- Bluetooth: Using the optional Panasonic Bluetooth unit CY-BT200U (item # 133BT200), you can make and receive phone calls hands free on a compatible Bluetooth-enabled cell phone. You can also control and listen to Bluetooth audio devices. (This head unit does not support the CY-BT100U Bluetooth unit.)
Optional Expansion Module (hub unit): Connection of the CY-EM100U Expansion Module (item #133CYEM100) allows you to connect up to 4 of the above-listed optional components. In addition, the Expansion Module has an audio/video auxiliary input to allow you to connect a portable audio or audio/video device. The head unit has a dedicated composite video input (labeled Ext Video In) for use with the Expansion Module.
Audio/Video Inputs: The CQ-VX100U has two A/V inputs, one on the front panel and one on the rear panel. The front input features a 3.5mm mini-jack, which can accommodate the supplied Conversion Cable for AV1 In. The conversion cable has a 3.5mm mini-plug on one end and composite RCA and stereo audio jacks on the other end. This allows you to plug in an A/V source such as a camcorder, VCR, or game console. The rear A/V input (AV2 In) has composite RCA and stereo audio jacks on a 4" pigtail.
External Monitor Output: This unit provides a single female RCA composite video output (labeled "Video Out"), which allows you to send a video signal to an external overhead or headrest monitor.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.