Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Panasonic MXE CQ-DFX701U
CD Receiver with CD Changer Controls
Item #: 133DFX701
This item is no longer available.
Panasonic MXE CQ-DFX701U
Our take on the Panasonic MXE CQ-DFX701U
The Panasonic MXE CQ-DFX701U CD receiver features the high-resolution 3-D Dot Matrix Display, with its 3-D animations and richly detailed setup screens. The CFL backlight means it's super-bright for no-sweat viewing, day or night.
MOSFET50 power delivers performance you've never heard from a built-in amplifier, and Super High Definition Bass bumps up your low frequencies for a big sound. Hook your portable MP3, MD or tape player to your vehicle's sound system through the auxiliary inputs. Add a Panasonic CD changer for maximum entertainment buy one with your receiver, and save $$ with Crutchfield's package discount.Details:
- detachable, fold-down face
- Day and Night faceplate
- 3-D Dot Matrix display
- spectrum analyzer
- Alphatuner V
- Super High Definition Bass (with "Boom" and "Tight" settings)
- 3 sets of 5-volt preamp outputs
- 80/120 Hz low-pass filter on sub outputs
- MOSFET50 amp chip
- auxiliary input
- CD changer controls
- wireless remote
- 25 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels
- CD frequency response 20-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 96 dB
- FM sensitivity 11 dBf
- 2-year warranty
What's in the Box:
- AM/FM/CD/Changer controller receiver
- Hard face case
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness with an in-line 15-amp fuse and an in-line 1watt/1k ohm fuse resistor
- YEFX9992499 Wireless remote
- CR2025 Lithium battery
- 1 Rear support strap
- 1 Mounting bolt
- 1 Hex nut
- 1 Self-tapping screw
- Operating Instructions
- Electrical Connection sheet (attached to the top of the head unit)
- U.S. Warranty/Purchase Information Card
- Canadian warranty card
- USA factory service center list
- Panasonic Customer Care Plan (additional cost extended service plan)
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power Output||25 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||1000Hz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Preamp Voltage||5 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue/Keyed*|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||2 YEARS|
|Labor Warranty||2 YEARS|
|FM Sensitivity||11 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
3-D Dot Matrix Display: This advanced full-dot LCD + CFL technology enables 4-level gradation for remarkably smooth and attractive display capability. A dedicated high-capacity display memory allows 3-D animations and richly detailed setup screens, and the CFL backlight means it's super-bright.
Display/Button Illumination: The display is illuminated in blue and the buttons are backlit with blue illumination.
Day & Night Faceplate: During day light conditions, the faceplate is a solid champagne color. At night, or whenever it's dark in your vehicle, the faceplate is illuminated by blue back lighting and sky blue accents.
Super Bright Display: With a Super Bright Display, this unit provides high visibility even in daylight, thanks to its CFL (cold cathode fluorescent lamp) backlight. There's even a 3-step dimmer so you can adjust the brightness to match day and night driving conditions. In addition, you can adjust the display contrast from 1 to 5 for optimum readability.
Display Modes: You can select from the following 6 display modes: A (moving geometric objects), B (moving geometric objects), C (switches between two people dancing and flowers swaying in the wind), D (birds soaring through space), E (moving cityscape), or STD (spectrum analyzer).
MOSFET50 Amplifier: This receiver is equipped with a 50 watts x 4 (peak) MOSFET amplifier for low distortion and high power output.
1-Bit 4-DAC System: This unit uses four 1-bit digital to analog converters.
Multi-Stage Noise Shaping: This technology helps prevent zero-cross distortion and non-linear distortion. It requantizes the CD data, "shaping" it to move digital noise out of the audible range. Pulse width modulation (PWM) then reconstructs the analog waveform with true precision.
Anti-Shock Floating Mechanism: To help assure high signal reading accuracy, the optical deck of this unit is mounted on the chassis via three silicone/rubber dampers, creating a floating suspension. Panasonic uses a side-mounting system to resist horizontal as well as vertical vibrations.
S-HDB (Super High Definition Bass): This feature accentuates bass output even at high volumes. This is different from ordinary loudness controls that often become ineffective when volume is raised. You may select "BOOM" (strong bass boost), "TIGHT" (moderately emphasized bass) or "FLAT" (S-HDB off).
Alphatuner V: The tuner is designed to help suppress multi-path distortion and reduce the problem of radio signal reflections in metropolitan areas. It also features increased sensitivity for weak signal areas.
CD Compatibility: This unit will play prerecorded CDs and finalized CD-R discs, but it will not play CD-RW discs.
Subwoofer Preamp Outputs: The non-fading subwoofer preamp outputs have a selectable low-pass filter that may be set to 80Hz or 120Hz. In addition, the subwoofer volume level is independently adjustable from 0 to 8.
Auxiliary Input: A set of female RCA jacks is provided to allow the connection of a portable audio source. Just connect your portable cassette, MD or MP3 player to this unit, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system. The jacks are on a 6" long pigtail attached to the back of the unit.
Blinking Security Indicator: When the face is removed, a red LED blinks on the front panel of the radio. The security indicator can be deactivated.
- Changer Selection: When two changers are connected to this unit, you can switch between the two changers. You can select CD-CH1 or CD-CH2.
- Disc Selection: Forward and reverse.
- Track Selection: Forward and reverse.
- Audible Track Search: Forward and reverse.
- Random Play: Plays the tracks on all the discs in the changer in random order.
- Disc Random Play: Plays the tracks on the current disc in random order.
- Scan Play: Plays the first 10 seconds of each track on the selected disc.
- Disc Scan Play: Plays the first 10 seconds of the first track on each disc in the changer.
- Repeat Play: The current track is repeated.
- Disc Repeat Play: The current disc is repeated.
Cosmetics: The top of the remote is blue with silver button accents and some of the button labels are white. The sides and back of the remote are black.
- Power/Source: Turns power on/off and allows you to select the desired source.
- Volume Up/Down: Two buttons denoted by upward/downward pointing arrows that turn volume up/down.
- Numeric Buttons (1-6): These buttons allow you to directly access the tuner presets.
- RAND/4: In CD mode, this button cycles through the random play modes.
- SCAN/5: In CD mode, this button cycles through the scan play modes.
- REP/6: In CD mode, this button cycles through the repeat play modes.
- Menu/SEL: Allows you to access the menu system.
- Directional Arrows (up/down/left/right): In radio mode, these buttons are used to manual and seek tune radio stations. In CD mode, these buttons are used for track selection and track search. In addition, these buttons allow you to navigate the menu system.
- Band: Cycles through the tuner bands and selects the current setting in the menu system.
- Mute: Attenuates the audio output.
- DISP: Cycles through the display modes and allows you to exit the menu system.
Dimensions: L=3.395", W=1.583", D=0.276"
Display Illumination/Clock Display: Pressing and holding the Source button turns off audio output, but the clock display and face/button illumination remain on. Using the DISP button in this mode, you can switch the clock display and face/button illumination on and off. If you leave the clock display and face/button illumination on, they are "keyed". If you turn the clock display and face/button illumination off, they only turn on when the unit is turned on ("unit on" operation).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.