Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
DVD/CD player (Black)
Item #: 133DVDR31B
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Panasonic DVD-RV31
Panasonic DVD players are known for great picture quality and reliability. Now you can add versatility to the list: Their affordable DVD-RV31 is an all-purpose entertainer that plays DVDs, CDs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs even MP3 CDs (now it's easier than ever to enjoy your downloaded MP3 tunes on your home A/V system!).
When it comes to watching DVD movies, the 'RV31 is ready to please. Panasonic's High Speed Smooth Motion Scan lets you zip through a DVD at up to 100X regular speed. A video black level control lets you adjust the player's video signal for a more filmlike picture. A component video output lets you take full advantage of DVD's awesome video performance with compatible TVs.
Whether your A/V system is simple or elaborate, the DVD-RV31 makes DVD sound more involving. Advanced Virtual Surround Sound simulates a surround effect using just the pair of speakers in your TV or stereo system. For surround sound systems, Dialogue Enhancer makes dialogue easier to hear by raising the center channel volume. Available in black or silver.
- plays DVD-Video discs, CDs, audio CD-Rs and CD-RWs, and MP3 CDs
- 27MHz/10-bit video D/A converter
- High Speed Smooth Motion Scan (up to 100X)
- Advanced Virtual Surround Sound
- Dialogue Enhancer
- video black level control
- optical digital output for Dolby® Digital/DTS®/PCM
- selectable digital output (48kHz or 96kHz)
- 1 set of A/V outputs (composite, S-video, and component video)
- preamp-level subwoofer output
- 96kHz/24-bit audio D/A converter
- audio S/N ratio 115 dB
- 16-15/16"W x 3-1/4"H x 11-1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
- designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
What's in the Box:
- Black-colored Single DVD/Video CD/CD player
- N2QAHB000012 Wireless remote
- 2 "AA' batteries
- 5.5' AC power cord
- 4.5' Stereo audio/video RCA patch cord
- Operating Instructions
- Panasonic Customer Care Plan Card (optional extra-cost warranty extension from Panasonic)
- Product Registration Card
- Netflix promo.
Features and Specs
|Number of Discs||1|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||90 Days|
|Composite Video Outputs||1|
|Component Video Outputs||1|
This unit can play the following discs:
- MP3 Playback: This unit can play MP3 audio that has been recorded on CD-R and CD-RW discs.
- DVD: 5" or 3" single sided, single layer, NTSC, ("Region 1" or "All Region" DVDs only).
- DVD: 5" or 3" single sided, double layer, NTSC, ("Region 1" or "All Region" DVDs only).
- DVD: 5" or 3" double sided, double layer, NTSC, ("Region 1" or "All Region" DVDs only).
- CD Audio: 5" or 3".
- Video CD: 5" or 3".
- CD-R: 5" or 3".
- CD-RW: 5" or 3".
- DVD (at 48 kHz sampling frequency): 4 Hz to 22 kHz
- DVD (at 96 kHz sampling frequency): 4 Hz to 44 kHz
- CD: 4 Hz to 20 kHz
- CD: 115 dB
- DVD: 102 dB
- CD: 98 dB
Total Harmonic Distortion:
- CD: 0.0025%
MP3 Playback: This unit can play MP3 audio that has been recorded on CD-R and CD-RW discs. When playing an MP3 disc, you can use repeat play, however, you cannot use program play or random play.
96kHz/24 bit D/A converter: This unit has a 96 kHz/24 bit D/A converter that will allow it to play back video DVDs recorded with 96 kHz/24 bit audio. If the DVD is copyright-protected, no digital signal is output unless converted to 48 kHz/16 bit. If the DVD is not copyright-protected, a 96 kHz/24 bit digital signal is output.
Component Video Output: In addition to the composite video output and the S-video output, this unit is equipped with a set of component video outputs. When connected to a television with a component video input, the component video output of this unit will provide picture color and detail that is improved relative to video from composite and S-video outputs.
On-Screen Display: The on-screen menu language can be set to English, French, or Spanish.
Subwoofer Output: This unit has a mono RCA subwoofer output that can be connected to an optional powered subwoofer. Note: This is a pre-amp level output with no level control. If a subwoofer is connected using the subwoofer output, you must adjust the subwoofer level with the subwoofer's level control.
Dialogue Enhancer: This feature makes dialogue easier to hear by raising the volume of the center channel. Note: Dialogue Enhancer only works with DVD software that has at least three channels of recorded audio, where the dialogue information is recorded in the center channel.
Advanced Virtual Surround Sound (V.S.S.): If you are only using two front speakers in your system, this feature simulates a surround-sound environment. If you are playing a disc with surround effects recorded on it, the effects are broadened and the sound seems to come from virtual speakers on either side. You can select "Natural effect", "Emphasized effect", or Off. Note: For use with Dolby Digital DVDs only.
Cinema Mode: Cinema mode combines brightness control with picture noise canceling to provide better picture quality in certain viewing conditions. It lessens glare, giving you colors that are more cinema-like and picture resolution that is gentler to the eyes. Cinema mode also improves the visibility of details in dark scenes by automatically adjusting picture contrast, and helps to suppress color smearing, as well.
Bass Plus: When an active subwoofer is connected to the Subwoofer preamp output, Bass Plus can be turned on to boost the output of the subwoofer.
One Touch Cinema Memory: This feature allows you to reselect settings that you have made for V.S.S., Bass Plus, Dialogue Enhancer and Cinema mode with a single press of a button.
Resume Function: The unit has Stop-resume and Standby-resume. Stop-resume allows the player to remember the point where you stopped play as long as the unit is on. If you want to use Standby-resume, you can press the Play Mode button at any point during playback. The player remembers the point even if you switch the unit to standby mode. For both Stop-resume and Standby-resume, playback will resume from the point stored in memory.
Multi-Angle Function: This function allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles. Note: This function is limited to DVDs recorded with multiple camera angles.
Marker: Up to 5 points on a DVD can be stored in memory and easily recalled. Markers are cleared when power is turned off or when the tray is opened.
Repeat Play: You can have the unit repeat a portion of a title or track by selecting the starting and stopping points for the section to be repeated (A-B repeat). When playing a DVD, you can repeat the current title or the current chapter. When playing a Video CD or an audio CD, you can repeat the current track or the entire disc. In addition, the unit can repeat Program Play.
Program Play: When playing a Video CD or an audio CD, up to 32 tracks can be programmed and played in any order.
Random Play: When playing a Video CD or an audio CD, you can play the tracks in random order.
Karaoke: When playing a karaoke disc, the vocals can be turned off. Note: This unit does not have a microphone jack.
Auto Power-Off: If the unit is in stop mode for approximately 30 minutes, it will automatically switch to standby mode.
- Audio: Allows you to select the preferred audio language.
- Subtitle: Allows you to select the preferred subtitle language.
- Menus: Allows you to select the preferred language for disc menus.
- Ratings: You can select a parental control rating from 0-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password.
- TV Aspect: You can choose 4:3 Pan & Scan, 4:3 Letterbox, or 16:9.
- Still Mode: Allows you to specify the type of picture shown when the player is paused. You can select Automatic, Field, or Frame. When Field is selected, still pictures are displayed without blur. Field should be chosen if jittering occurs when Automatic is selected. When Frame is selected, even sharper still pictures are displayed. Frame should be chosen if small text or fine patterns cannot be seen clearly when Automatic is selected.
- Black Level Control: Allows you to select the black level of the picture; you can select Lighter (normally used when the TV is connected through the composite or S-video output) or Darker (normally used when the TV is connected through the Component Video output).
- PCM Down Conversion: You can select No or Yes. When Yes is selected and you are playing a DVD recorded in 96 kHz, the signal is down converted to 48 kHz/16 bit before it is passed though the digital output. When No is selected and the unit is playing a non-copyright protected DVD recorded in 96 kHz, a 96 kHz/24 bit signal passes through the digital output. If the DVD is copyright protected, no digital signal is output.
- Dolby Digital: Determines the type of signal passed through the digital output when a Dolby Digital encoded disc is being played. You may select Bitstream or PCM. When PCM is selected, the digital output passes a two-channel stereo PCM digital signal. When Bitstream is selected, the digital output passes a Dolby Digital signal without down mixing.
- DTS: Determines the type of signal passed through the digital output when a DTS-encoded disc is being played. You may select Bitstream or Off. When Bitstream is selected, the digital output passes a DTS signal without down mixing. When Off is selected, no digital signal is output. When the digital output of this unit is connected to a component lacking a built-in DTS decoder, this should be set to Off.
- Dynamic Range Compression: When playing a Dolby Digital encoded DVD, you can turn the Dynamic Range Compression On for late night viewing.
- Audio During Search: Can select "On" (outputs audio during search) or "Off" (mutes audio during search).
- Menu Language: The on-screen menu language can be set to English, French, or Spanish.
- On-Screen Messages: On-screen messages can be turned On or Off.
- Display Dimmer: Can be set to Bright, Dim, or Auto. When Auto is selected, the display is dimmed during play, but brightens when you perform operations such as slow-motion, search, and pause.
- Demo: Can be set to On or Off. A demonstration of the unit's on-screen displays starts when you select On.
- Audio Out: Stereo RCA jacks
- Subwoofer Out: Mono RCA jack
- Video Out: RCA composite video jack and S-video jack
- Component Video Out: Component video jacks (3 RCA jacks, Y/Pb/Pr)
- Digital Audio Out: Standard Toslink digital output with plastic cover
- AC In: AC input for use with supplied AC power cord
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.