Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Panasonic Lumix® DMC-FZ60
16.1 megapixel digital camera with 24X optical zoom
Item # 133FZ60K | MFR # DMC-FZ60K
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Panasonic Lumix® DMC-FZ60 by Crutchfield's David Brown
Get great telephoto and wide angle shots with one lens
Powerful zoom isn't just for pricey SLR cameras with long, detachable lenses. Get up close and personal from long distances with the Panasonic Lumix FZ60. With a 24X optical zoom lens, this camera captures faraway details with beauty and precision for great-looking long-range photos. The ultra-wide angle 25mm Leica lens lets you snap group photos at parties and family gatherings without cutting off those subjects on the edges of the frame.
Choose your settings, or let the camera choose for you
Whether you're a photo novice or a budding enthusiast, the FZ60 can provide just the right amount of automation for your skill level. Manually adjust the aperture, shutter speed and ISO to create customized shots. Or if those terms sound like Greek to you, let the FZ60's Intelligent Auto mode take over and adjust the camera's settings for your environment. Auto mode even lets you tweak the background focus, brightness and white balance using the rear dial.
Creative control and HD video
The FZ60 does much more than let you capture a standard snapshot. Take 3D and panoramic photos as well as shoot HD video with this versatile camera. You can turn even simple shots into dazzling photos using built-in filter effects such as Dynamic Monochrome, Sepia, Star Filter or Soft Focus. Best of all, these features are packed into a one-piece camera that's convenient to bring along when you don't feel like lugging around a bulky camera bag with extra lenses.
- 16.1-megapixel effective recording
- 24X optical zoom (4X digital/96X total zoom or 48X intelligent zoom)
- 3" LCD screen (460,000 dots)
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 25-600mm
- records photos and video onto optional SD, SDHC, or SDXC memory cards
- Leica DC Vario-Elmarit lens with Nano surface coating to reduce "ghosting"
- optical image stabilization for blur-free photos
- variable ISO (film speed equivalent) settings including a high sensitivity mode (ISO 6400) for low-light and flash-free shooting
- full-HD movie mode (up to 1080p/30p resolution)
- Intelligent Zoom for up to 48X digitally-enhanced zoom with limited photo degradation
- manual mode for more creative control of camera settings
- automatic red-eye correction and face detection
- 14 creative filters including Soft Focus, One Point Color and Retro
- 3D still image capture for viewing on your 3D-capable TV
- panorama mode combines multiple images captured while panning camera
- electronic viewfinder
- pop-up flash
Connections and Dimensions:
- HDMI (mini), USB and A/V outputs
- 4-7/8"W x 3-3/16"H x 4-3/16"D
- weight (with battery and SD card): 1.09 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- rechargeable lithium-ion battery and charging station
- USB cable
- shoulder strap
- lens cap and string
- software CD-ROM
What's in the Box:
- Digital camera (black)
- Lens Cap (52mm)
- Lens Cap string
- DMW-BMB9PP Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (7.2V/895mAh)
- DE-A83B Battery Charger (8.4V/0.43A)
- Neck strap
- 40" USB cable (with Type A USB on one end and a proprietary USB connection on the other end)
- Panasonic LUMIX software on CD-ROM
- Basic Owner's Manual (Eng/Span)
- Product Registration card
- UL Note (DE-A83B)
Features and Specs
|LCD Screen Size||3"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||25-600 mm|
|Internal Memory||70 MB|
|Sensor Size||1/2.33" MOS|
|Highest Resolution||4608 x 3456|
|Video Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||17.44|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Lens: The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ60 digital camera is equipped with an F2.8-F5.2 Leica DC Vario-Elmarit lens. Its 4.5-108mm focal length is equivalent to 25mm to 600mm in 35mm film photography. The focusing range is as follows:
- Normal: 6.6' to infinity
- AF Macro/Manual Focus: 0.033' to infinity (wide), 3.3' to infinity (tele)
Extended Optical/Digital Zoom: The 25-600mm focal length of the lens gives it an optical zoom of 24x. The camera's extended optical zoom can increase the zoom up to 54x, depending upon the picture size. In addition, the digital zoom extends the focal length by another 4x.
Intelligent Zoom (i.Zoom): The camera's Intelligent Zoom uses super resolution technology to extend the optical zoom ratio by approximately 2x while maintaining the original image quality.
Recording Media: The DMC-FZ60 records images onto its internal memory (approximately 70 MB), or onto SD (8 MB to 2 GB), SDHC (4 GB to 32 GB), and SDXC (48 GB to 64 GB) Memory Cards. Pictures may be copied between cards and the built-in memory if desired. SD cards with a minimum Class 4 speed class are recommended for recording motion pictures.
Image Sensor: For optimal image quality, the camera uses a 1/2.33" MOS image sensor with approximately 17.5-million total pixels and 16.1-million effective pixels.
Image Recording Format: The camera records still images in JPEG in 4:3, 3:2, 16:9 and 1:1 aspect ratios. The camera can also record 60p HD movies in AVCHD, as well as HD and SD movies in MP4. You can choose from the following resolutions for still images and movies:
|16M: 4608 x 3456||14M: 4608 x 3072||12M: 4608 x 2592||12M: 3456 x 3456|
|10M: 3648 x 2736||9M: 3648 x 2432||7.5M: 3648 x 2056||7.5M: 2736 x 2736|
|7M: 3072 x 2304||6M: 3072 x 2048||5.5M: 3072 x 1728||5.5M: 2304 x 2304|
|5M: 2560 x 1920||4.5M: 2560 x 1712||3.5M: 2560 x 1440||3.5M: 1920 x 1920|
|3M: 2048 x 1536||2.5M: 2048 x 1360||2M: 1920 x 1080||2.5M: 1536 x 1536|
|0.3M: 640 x 480||0.3M: 640 x 424||0.2M: 640 x 360||0.2M: 480 x 480|
- FSH: 1920 x 1080; Bit Rate 17 Mbps; 60i (sensor output is 30 fps)
- SH: 1280 x 720; Bit Rate 17 Mbps; 60p (sensor output is 30 fps)
- FHD: 1920 x 1080; Bit Rate 20 Mbps; 30 fps
- HD: 1280 x 720; Bit Rate 10 Mbps; 30 fps
- VGA: 640 x 480; Bit Rate 4 Mbps; 30 fps
Optical Image Stabilizer: The Optical Image Stabilizer helps solve the problem of unintentional hand movement that can result in blurry images, particularly with telephoto shots. The Power O.I.S. mode is used for shooting movies.
Battery: The FZ60 is powered by a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery (DMW-BMB9PP). A fully charged battery gives you approximately 225 minutes of recording time, or about 450 images. When recording AVCHD motion pictures, the battery provides approximately 160 minutes of continuous recording or 90 minutes actual recording time. Playback time using the LCD monitor is approximately 330 minutes. The battery takes approximately 155 minutes to fully charge with the supplied DE-A83B battery charger.
Optional AC Adapter/DC Coupler: If you wish to operate the camera using ordinary household current, you will need the optional DMW-AC8 AC adapter, along with the DMW-DCC6 DC coupler. The AC adapter cannot be used alone, as the DC Coupler provides a plug-in jack for the AC adapter. This is helpful if you have the camera connected to your computer or printer for a long time, or playing back photos in a slide show.
LCD Monitor: The DMC-FZ60 has a 3" TFT color LCD monitor featuring approximately 461,000 dots and a 3:2 aspect ratio. It has approximately 100% field of view.
Viewfinder: In addition to the LCD monitor, the camera has a 0.2" color LCD viewfinder with approximately 202,000 dots and a 100% field of view. You can adjust the viewfinder's diopter to your own personal eyesight in case it is not in focus.
Flash: The FZ60 has a built-in flash with a range of 0.98' to 44' (Wide) and 3.3' to 24' (Tele) in Auto ISO mode. The range varies with other ISO settings. Available flash modes include: Auto, Auto/Red-eye, Forced Flash, Slow Sync, Slow Sync/Red-eye, or Flash Off.
Shooting Modes: Using the top-mounted Mode Dial and the menu, the FZ60 allows you to choose from the following shooting modes:
- Intelligent Auto Mode: Optimum settings are made automatically. The camera identifies the scene and activates one of the following functions automatically: Scene Detection, Backlight Compensation, Intelligent ISO sensitivity control, Auto White Balance, Face Detection, AFS, Quick AF, i.Dynamic, i.Resolution, i.Zoom, Stabilizer, AF Assist Lamp, Red-eye removal, Continuous AF, and Zoom mic.
- Program AE Mode: You can use the recording menu to change settings and set up your own recording environment.
- Aperture-Priority Mode: You can control the range of focus (depth of field) by setting the aperture. The shutter speed is automatically adjusted to be appropriate for the set aperture value.
- Shutter-Priority Mode: You can control the shutter speed, while the aperture is automatically adjusted to be appropriate for the set shutter speed.
- Manual Exposure Mode: You can set any aperture value and shutter speed when automatic exposure adjustment prevents you from recording at the desired exposure. Long exposures of up to 250 seconds is possible.
- Creative Video Mode: Enables motion picture recording with audio using Program, Aperture-priority, Shutter-priority, Manual, and High Speed Video settings.
- Custom Mode: You can register frequently used recording modes and menu settings in Custom 1 or Custom 2 position, so you can quickly switch to those settings when desired.
- Scene Mode: You can select from different scene modes using the menu. Available Scene Modes include: Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Panorama Shot, Sports, Panning, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Handheld Night Shot, HDR, Food, Baby 1, Baby 2, Pet, Sunset, High Sensitivity, Glass Through, and 3D Photo Mode.
- Creative Control Mode: You can use this mode to check coloring effects, select a color mode from among these 12 available modes: Expressive, Retro, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Star Filter, and One Point Color.
Self Timer: The self timer is useful when you want to include yourself in the picture when recording still images. The delay time for single shots can be set to 10 seconds or 2 seconds. You can also use the self timer in Burst mode to take 3 pictures after the delay.
Exposure Compensation: If you are shooting against a bright background or strong backlight, you may need to correct the exposure so that the subject doesn't come out too dark. You can set the adjustments from -3 to +3 in 1/3-step increments.
Auto Bracket: In the Auto Bracket mode, 3 pictures are taken with different exposures, allowing you to select the picture with the desired exposure. You can set the exposure compensation from -1 EV to +1 EV in 1/3-step increments.
Burst Modes: In Burst Mode, pictures can be taken continuously while the shutter button is pressed. You can take up to 10 full resolution photos at up to 3 frames per second. Up to 100 total photos can be taken at slower frame rates (2-5 fps).
White Balance: You can choose from the following white balance modes:
- Auto: automatically adjusts the white balance
- Daylight: for recording outdoors on a bright day
- Cloudy: for recording outdoors under a cloudy sky
- Shade: for recording outdoors in the shade
- Flash: for taking pictures with flash
- Incandescent: for recording under incandescent lighting
- White Set 1 & 2: sets the white balance manually on a white object
- Color Temperature: when using the preset color temperature setting
ISO Sensitivity: ISO sensitivity represents the sensitivity to light in values. If you set the ISO sensitivity higher, the camera becomes more suitable for recording in dark places. Sensitivity can be set as follows:
- Auto: Automatically sets a value up to 1600, based on the brightness of the subject.
- i-ISO: Automatically sets a value up to 1600, based on the movement and brightness of the subject.
- Preset: Manually set to ISO 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, or 3200
- ISO Increments: 1/3EV (16 steps) or 1EV (6 steps) between ISO 100 to ISO 3200
Metering Modes: The camera has three available metering modes: Multi Metering, Center-weighted, or Spot.
Auto Focus Mode: You can choose one of the following AF modes: Face Detection, AF Tracking, 23-area Focusing, or 1-area Focusing.
Still Image Playback: You can manually display images one at a time, 12 at a time, or 30 images at a time.
Calendar Playback: You can display pictures by recording date using the calendar playback function. If there are multiple pictures with the same recording date, the first picture recorded on that date is displayed.
Slide Show: Images can be played back in slide show fashion. You can set the duration between images at 1 sec, 2 sec, 3 sec, or 5 sec. You can also set on or off the repeat mode, music, and audio.
Playback Zoom: You can view the picture at the original size, or enlarge the picture to 2x, 4x, 8x, or 16x. Using the arrow buttons, you can move the position of the zoomed picture in the monitor.
Resizing Pictures: This function is useful if you want to reduce the file size of the picture in cases when it needs to be attached to an e-mail or uploaded to a website. Once an image is resized, you can choose to keep the original image.
Cropping Pictures: This function lets you trim unnecessary parts of the recorded picture. Motion pictures and pictures with text stamps cannot be trimmed.
Auto Power Off: The camera is automatically turned off if it has not been used for a predetermined amount of time. The amount of time can be set to 2 minutes, 5 minutes, or 10 minutes.
PictBridge Printing Capability: Using the supplied USB cable, you can connect this camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer. PictBridge is the standard that allows you to connect a PictBridge compliant camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer and make prints, regardless of brand.
HDMI: The DMC-FZ60 has a mini-HDMI (Type C) for connecting the camera to an HDMI-compatible TV. A mini-HDMI to full-size HDMI cable is necessary to connect the camera to an HDMI-compatible TV. If connected to a VIERA Link-compatible Panasonic TV, you can control the camera using the TV's remote control. The unit is compatible with VIERA Link Version 5.
AV Out / Digital: This proprietary jack allows you to connect the camera to your computer with the supplied USB cable. You can also connect the camera to a TV or other A/V device using the optional DMW-AVC1 audio/video cable. TV output is NTSC only.
PHOTOfunSTUDIO 8.3 AE Edition (Windows XP/Vista/7): This software allows you to acquire pictures to the PC, and categorize the acquired pictures by their recording date or the model name of the camera used. You can also resize pictures and add effects. Various printing functions are supported.
LoiLoScope (30-day full-trial version): This software allows you to make full use of your computer and edit motion pictures easily. (Installs only a shortcut to the trial version download site.)
USB-connectible Environment: Compatible OS include:
- Windows XP SP3
- Windows Vista SP2
- Windows 7 SP1
- Mac OS X 10.1 to 10.7
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.