Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Blu-ray Disc™ home theater system with wireless rear speaker kit and built-in iPod® dock
Item # 133SCBT100 | MFR # SCBT100
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Panasonic SC-BT100 by Crutchfield's Kristen Schaub
Putting together a component Blu-ray player and speaker system can be pricey. With Panasonic's SC-BT100, you can enjoy spectacular Blu-ray picture quality and the engaging surround sound of a five-speaker system all in one convenient, affordably-priced package.
High definition video and a higher level of surround sound realism
The receiver has a built-in Blu-ray player that delivers a stunning high-definition picture to complement your HDTV. Panasonic's P4HD technology processes every pixel to deliver smooth motion sequences and sharp lines. Blu-ray also offers the newest surround sound formats, like Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD™, for incredible surround sound to match the picture. And 1080p upconversion breathes new life into your standard DVD collection, so all of your old favorites will look better than ever on your new system.
Enjoy more multimedia features
Slip your iPod into the flip-down dock and enjoy your music collection through your home theater speakers. You can even browse through your playlists and songs on your TV screen and play videos stored on your iPod. An SDHC™ memory card slot lets you pop in a memory card from your digital camera or camcorder and share high-def pictures and home videos, including videos recorded in the newer high-def AVCHD format.
Innovative materials and design
This sleek system blends nicely into any space. The front speakers sport separate woofers and tweeters for enhanced clarity, and the rigid, low-density bamboo diaphragms produce cleaner, more natural mids. The specially designed subwoofer pumps out clean, intense bass using an internal 6-1/2" woofer and a 10" passive radiator.
Wireless technology for easy setup and expansion
A small rear-channel amp receives wireless signals from the SC-BT100's main unit and powers the two surround speakers, so you won't have to run wires from the front of your room to the back. Add an additional pair of wireless surround speakers and amp to expand from 5.1 to 7.1 surround sound.
Great experience with Crutchfield. Price was $350 bettter than local stores, and no shipping!!! System is great bluray is even better Great value for an all in 1 system!!
Joseph, Rochester NY
What's in the Box:
- SA-BT100 Blu-ray Receiver
- SB-HW560 Subwoofer with attached 13' length of speaker wire with proprietary connector on other end
- Two SB-HF100 front speakers
- Two SB-HS100 Surround speakers
- SB-HC100 center speaker
- SE-FX67 wireless system module
- SH-FX67T digital transmitter
- Wireless remote control (N2QAKB000061)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Two 5' AC cords
- FM wire antenna
- AM loop antenna
- 45" Composite video cable
- Five 10' lengths of speaker wire with bare-tinned wire on one end and a proprietary connector on other end
- Operating Instructions
- Customer Care Plan/Product Information Card
- Speaker connection labels
- home theater system with Blu-ray Disc player/receiver, 5 speakers, and a subwoofer
- includes built-in iPod dock
- Energy Star® compliant
- compatible with optional SH-FX67 wireless receiver and SB-HS100A speaker pair for a 7.1 speaker system
- VIERA Link technology for simplified operation with a compatible Panasonic TV (HDMI-CEC)
- remote control
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- P4HD (Pixel Precision Progressive Processing for HD) imaging technology for a sharper, more vivid picture
- Blu-ray Profile 1.1 compliant for playback of Bonus View material on compatible discs
- Deep Color support
- digital video upconversion for standard DVD playback
- selectable 480i/480p/720p/1080i/1080p output via HDMI
- 148.5MHz/12 bit video digital-analog converter
- plays Blu-ray discs, DVD-Video discs, DVD-RAM, DVD-Rs, DVD-RWs, DVD+Rs, & DVD+RWs
- plays CDs, audio CD-Rs & CD-RWs, & MP3 CDs
- plays digital picture CDs (JPEG) and SDHC memory cards (including AVCHD video format)
- built-in decoding for Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® Digital True HD, DTS-HD, Dolby® Pro Logic® IIx, and DTS Neo:6 processing
- 6-channel amplifier (104 watts x 2 for front speakers, 101 watts for center speaker, 34 watts x 2 for surrounds, 95 watts for subwoofer)
- audio input (analog and optical digital)
- video output for TV (composite, component video, HDMI)
- headphone output
- 16-15/16"W x 3-1/2"H x 14"D
- each front and center speaker has dual 2-1/2" midrange drivers and a 2-3/8" tweeter
- each wireless back speaker has 2-1/2" full-range woofers can be wall-mounted
- magnetically shielded to prevent interference with tube TVs
- rigid, low-density bamboo diaphragms
- dual-chamber subwoofer with 6-1/2" woofer and 10" passive radiator
- front speakers: 4-3/4"W x 12-7/8"H x 4-15/16"D (each)
- center channel speaker: 11-7/8"W x 4-5/16"H x 4-7/8"D
- rear speakers: 4-3/4"W x 12-7/8"H x 4-15/16"D (each)
- subwoofer: 7-3/16"W x 14-3/16"H x 12-7/16"D
Panasonic SC-BT100 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Panasonic SC-BT100 Home Theater System features a single disc Blu-ray integrated receiver, two front satellite speakers, two wireless rear speakers and module, high-quality picture and sound with 1080p up-conversion, VIERA Link HDAVI control, integrated dock for iPod playback and recharging, and SD-card slot. The 5.1ch system is expandable to 7.1 channel with an additional SH-FX67 wireless speaker module and SB-HS100A surround back speakers (both sold separately).
SA-PT100 Main Unit: The SA-PT100 is the control center of the system and includes a single disc Blu-ray player with a built-in amplifier, a digital AM/FM tuner and integrated iPod dock. The integrated Blu-ray receiver also features a Dolby Digital decoder that supports Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus and TrueHD; a DTS decoder that supports DTS and DTS HD Master Audio; and a Pro Logic decoder which supports Pro Logic II and Pro Logic IIx surround decoding.
Blu-ray Disc Format: Blu-ray Disc (BD) is a new high-definition disc format designed to take advantage of today's high quality HDTVs. The resolution is up to 1920 x 1080 (1080p) and the data transfer rate is up to 40 mbps. Blu-ray Disc discs and players offer several advantages over the standard DVD format:
- Better picture quality: Blu-ray Disc is a true high-definition format offering video at 720p, 1080i, or 1080p resolution. While standard DVDs look very good on an HDTV, they don't provide a high-definition signal (not even when you use an up-converting DVD player). Blu-ray Disc delivers an extraordinarily sharp, clean, detailed picture, with deeper, richer colors.
- Better sound quality: In addition to the same multi-channel sound formats you're accustomed to with DVD (Dolby Digital and DTS), Blu-ray Disc offers Dolby Digital Plus and uncompressed 7.1 channel PCM.
- Much greater storage capacity: What makes Blu-ray Disc's superior picture and sound possible is the much higher storage capacity of Blu-ray Disc discs. A single-layer Blu-ray Disc can hold 25 gigabytes of data, over five times the amount a standard DVD can hold. Dual-layer Blu-ray Discs hold 50 gigabytes, which equates to nine hours of High Definition or 23 hours of Standard Definition video, plus high-resolution multi-channel audio and the added features and material that require multiple discs with standard DVD.
- Compatibility with your current disc collections: To ensure backward-compatibility with your existing library of discs, Blu-ray Disc players use a dual-laser mechanism: a blue laser for playing high-definition Blu-ray Discs, and a conventional red laser for playing DVDs and audio CDs.
Surround Modes: This receiver incorporates a variety of surround modes to bring you maximum enjoyment from your audio and video software. The surround modes include:
- Dolby Pro Logic II (Movie or Music): Dolby Pro Logic II enables you to play stereo and 5.1-channel.
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx (Movie or Music): Dolby Pro Logic II x enables you to play stereo and 5.1-channel source on 7.1-channel.
- Dolby Digital: Dolby Digital is a 5.1 multi-channel digital surround format.
- Dolby Digital Plus: Multi-channel audio and higher audio quality is made possible using Dolby Digital Plus up to 7.1-channels.
- Dolby True HD: Dolby TrueHD is a very high quality audio format that reproduces the studio master audio up to 7.1-channels.
- DTS: DTS Digital Surround is a 5.1 multi-channel digital surround sound format used for both commercial/theatrical and consumer grade applications.
- DTS-ES: DTS-ES adds a surround back channel to traditional 5.1-channel format of DTS. This creates a sound with greater presence.
- DTS-HD: DTS-HD is a high-quality, sophisticated audio format used in movie theaters. Previous DTS Digital Surround-compatible equipment can play DTS-HD as DTS Digital Surround audio, Blue-ray supports up to 7.1-channel output.
- DTS 96/24: DTS 96/24 provides 96 kHz sound at up to 24 bits. The 96 kHz/24 bit high frequency sounds are played through multiple channels.
- DTS NEO6 (Cinema or Music): DTS NEO6 enables you to play stereo and 5.1-channel sources on 6.1-channel.
- 7.1ch Virtual Surround: You can enjoy 7.1-channel surround-like effect using 5.1-channel speakers. This function is effective only when playing 6ch sources or above and speaker setting is set to 5.1-channel.
Note: True 7.1ch Surround requires an additional SH-FX67 wireless speaker module and SB-HS100A surround back speakers (both sold separately).
Sound Effects: The Panasonic Blu-ray integrated receiver allows you to choose from the following sound effects.
- Surround Enhancer: Automatically adjust each speaker to enhance the surround sound effect of 5.1-channl audio.
- Real Center Focus: Using this feature, you can make the sound of the center channel seem like it's coming from the TV.
- H.Bass: You can enhance low-frequency sound so that heavy bass sound can be heard clearly, even if the acoustics of your room are not optimal.
- Equalizer: You can select from the following sound quality
- Flat: no effect added
- Heavy: adds punch to rock music
- Clear: clarifies high frequencies
- Soft: for background music
Whisper Surround Mode: This mode allows you to enhance the surround effect for low volume 5.1-channel surround during last night viewing.
Speaker Adjustments: The Panasonic integrated Blu-ray player offers the following speaker adjustments.
- Speaker Delay: You can set an audio time delay for your center and surround speaker in regards to how far they are positioned from your listening position. You can adjust the center speaker's time delay between 1.0 to 5.0 ms and the surround speakers' time delay between 5.0, 10.0, or 15.0 ms.
- Speaker Level: You can adjust the level of the front (-6 to +6 dB) and surround speakers (-10 to +10 dB) in the system.
- Subwoofer Level: You can increase or decrease the amount of bass by adjusting the subwoofer level control from 1 (weakest) to 3 (strongest).
- Subwoofer Boost: You can enhance the subwoofer effect with strong bass using the Subwoofer Boost feature.
iPod Dock: The SA-PT100 features an integrated front-panel iPod dock which flip-down when in use and folds-away when not in use. The unit's integrated iPod dock allows audio/video playback, control and charging of your iPod through the receiver. During Music mode of your iPod, theSA-PT100 will display a music menu on your connected TV's screen so you can select songs via Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer or Audiobook. During Vide/Photo mode of your iPod, you will need to use the iPod's display and controls to operate your iPod. Basic functions such as Play, Pause, Stop, Skip, and Search are available for both Music and Video mode of your connected iPod through the SA-PT100. The Panasonic Blu-ray integrated receiver is compatible with the following iPod models.
- iPod video (5th generation)
- iPod classic (80/120/160GB)
- iPod touch (1st/2nd generation)
- iPod nano (1st/2nd/3rd/4th generation)
- iPod color display (4th generation)
- iPod mini (1st/2nd generation)
Note: The iPod dock will not charge the iPod nano (4th generation) or the iPod touch (2nd generation).
SD-Card Slot: The SA-PT100 Blu-ray integrated receiver features an SD-card slot located behind the fold-down integrated iPod dock. The SD-card slot can be used to playback JPEG still images (with or without background music) and AVCHD video from an SD or SDHC card. The SD-card slot supports SD memory cards (including miniSD and microSD with adapter) from 8MB to 2GB in FAT12/16 formats and SDHC memory cards from 4GB to 16GB in FAT32 format. Still images can be viewed as a Slideshow, Rotated and Zoomed Out.
VIERA Link HDMI Control (HDAVI): VIERA Link is a convenient function that offers linked operations of the receiver and a compatible Panasonic TV through the HDMI connection. The HDAVI control allows for One Touch Playback where the Receiver and TV will turn on at the same time and automatically switch to the appropriate input for playback. When the TV is turned off, the receiver also automatically turns off.
Optical Digital Input: The unit features a rear-panel optical digital input for playing back Dolby Digital/DTS multi-channel surround signals output by your Satellite or cable box.
Auxiliary Input: The Panasonic integrated Blu-ray receiver features a rear-panel stereo RCA audio input for connecting an external analog audio source to the home theater system.
Headphone Jack: The main unit features a 3.5mm (1/8") mini-jack headphone output on the front panel for private listening. When headphones are used the speakers are muted automatically.
Unified Remote: The SA-PT100 comes with an IR wireless remote control, which is pre-programmed to operate this system and a number of functions on select Panasonic brand TVs.
Dimmer: The unit's display can be set to Bright, Dim or Auto. Auto allows the display to be dimmed, but brightens the display when you perform some operations.
Sleep Timer: The integrated Blu-ray receiver features a Sleep Timer which can be set to 30, 60, 90 or 120 minutes.
Auto Power Off: The system can be set to turn off after 2 hours or 6 hours of non-use.
Compatible Discs: The integrated Blu-ray receiver will playback the following types of 12 cm discs - BD-Video, BD-RE, BD-R, DVD-Video, DVD-RAM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD+/-R DL, CD-Audio, and CD-R/RW.
MP3 Playback: This unit will play MP3 files recorded onto CD-R and CD-RW discs using the ISO 9660 level 1/level2 format. Compatible MP3 compression rates range from 32-320 kbps. This unit also supports ID3 Tags version 1, 2.2, 2.3, and 2.4.
JPEG Disc Playback: This unit will play JPEG files recorded onto CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-RAM, and BD-RE discs. All JPEG files on a disc can be played back in a slide show with an adjustable interval. Additionally you can rotate an image. This unit can recognize up to 4000 pictures in 400 groups. Compatible picture resolution varies from 34 x 34 to 5120 x 3840. Motion JPEG is not supported.
HDMI Upconversion: Combining a PHL Reference Chroma Processor with advanced P4HD (Pixel Precision Progressive Processing) imaging technology, the system's Precise UniPhier Digital Video processor reproduces crisp, natural colors that are extremely faithful to the original movie. It does this by up-sampling the color information in decoded video signals, while the super high-speed P4HD up-converts content recorded in 480i/p, 720p or 1080i format to 1080p by correctly generating each pixel according to information drawn from up to 60 surrounding pixels. The image motion of each pixel is then categorized into one of 16 levels, from stationary to super fast. Image quality is further enhanced by Diagonal Processing, which creates smooth, sharp diagonal lines, and 3:2 Pull-Down, which optimizes the processing accordingly for film or video making the images look natural and lifelike. In addition, the BT100's HDMI output is Deep Color compatible, with 4,096 steps of gradation for even smoother, finer-quality images that meet Hollywood's stringent demands, so you can experience movies just the way they were meant to be experienced.
Blu-ray 24p Output: When playing a Blu-ray video recorded in 24 frames, this unit displays each frame at 1/24 second intervals, the same interval originally shot with the film movie. This feature can be set only when the unit is connected to a TV with an HDMI terminal that supports 1080/24p input.
Progressive Scan Output: The integrated Blu-ray player also features a component monitor output with progressive scan. Progressive-scan video has less flicker and fewer motion artifacts than the traditional interlaced-scanning method, resulting in a superior picture.
TV Aspect: The unit allows you to choose between the following aspect ratios to suit your television and preference - 4:3 Pan&Scan (the sides of the widescreen picture are cut off so it fills the screen), 4:3 Letterbox (widescreen picture is shown in letterbox format), 16:9 Full (horizontally stretches image), and 16:9 Normal (use for 16:9 recorded images and video; 4:3 images will be displayed in center of screen).
Picture Mode: You can choose one of the following picture mode settings:
- Normal: normal picture
- Soft: soft picture with fewer video artifacts
- Fine: Details are sharper
- Cinema: mellows movies and enhances details in dark scenes
- User: manually adjust Contrast, Brightness, Sharpness, Color, and Gamma settings
Black Level: You can change the black level of the picture if you have connected the TV through the component video outputs. You can select either Lighter or Darker.
Noise Reduction: The system offers the following noise reduction functions.
- 3D NR: reduces the rough noise in the background to give a greater felling of depth
- Integrated NR: smoothes block noise and reduces the smudging that appears around contrasting sections of the picture
Time Delay: If you notice audio is out of sync to your video display you can adjust the time delay between 0ms, 20ms, 40ms, 60ms, 80ms, 100ms, 120ms or 140ms.
Wireless Rear Module: The home theater system comes supplied with Panasonic's Wireless Rear Module used to create a wireless rear speaker system. The Wireless Rear Module features a integrated 34 watt x 2 channel amplifier for the rear speakers with a 2.4 GHz RF receiver to communicate to the main unit. A supplied digital transceiver card plugs into the back of the DVD player/receiver. The Wireless Rear Module connects to the rear surround speakers using the included speaker wire and then plugs into an AC outlet, but no connection to the main unit across the room is needed. The Wireless Rear Module operates off of a 2.4GHz frequency and has a range up to 33 feet from the main unit.
Note: Do not use the wireless rear module or the digital transmitter in a metal cabinet or bookshelf. To avoid interference, maintain the following distances between the wireless rear module and other electronic devices that use the same radio frequency (2.4 GHz band) - approximately 6.5' from wireless LAN routers, cordless phones and other electronic 2.4GHz devices.
Surround Speakers: The SB-HS100 surround speakers feature a video shielded, 3-ohm, 2.5" cone type full-range driver in a bass-reflex enclosure. The drivers are covered by a non-removable black cloth grille. The surround speakers feature a pedestal base with four rubber feet on the bottom so it can sit securely on a shelf or speaker stand. The surround speaker's pedestal base can be removed to wall-mount the speaker. There are two 5mm (M5) threaded inserts on the back of the speaker for use with optional wall brackets. Additionally there are two keyhole slots provided for vertical wall mounting. The surround speakers come with 10' length of speaker wire each.
Front Speakers: The SB-HF100 front speakers use dual video shielded, 6-ohm, 2.5" cone woofers and a 2.375" cone tweeter in a bass-reflex enclosure. Each enclosure is covered by a non-removable black cloth grille. The front speakers feature a pedestal base with four rubber feet on the bottom so it can sit securely on a shelf or speaker stand. The front speaker's pedestal base can be removed to wall-mount the speaker. There are two 5mm (M5) threaded inserts on the back of the speaker for use with optional wall brackets. Additionally there are two keyhole slots provided for vertical wall mounting. The front speakers come with 10' length of speaker wire each.
Center Channel Speaker: The SB-HC100 Center Channel speaker has two video shielded, 6-ohm, 2.5" cone woofers and a 2.375" cone tweeter in a bass-reflex enclosure. The enclosure is made from plastic and its front-panel covered by a non-removable black cloth grille. There are two 5mm (M5) threaded inserts on the back of the speaker for use with optional wall brackets. Additionally there are 2 keyhole slots provided for horizontal wall mounting. There are four rubber feet on the bottom so it can sit securely on the TV or a shelf. The center speaker comes supplied with 10' length of speaker wire.
SB-HW560 Subwoofer: The Panasonic home theater system features a non-powered subwoofer, powered by an amp in the DVD/Receiver unit. The subwoofer uses an enclosed 6-ohm, 6.5" woofer and a side-firing 10" cone Kelton passive radiator. The subwoofer is not video shielded. The woofer's enclosure features four rubber feet to prevent vibration. There is a 13' length of speaker wire attached to the rear of the subwoofer's enclosure.
Optional Surround Back Speakers: You can turn this 5.1ch home theater system into a 7.1ch home theater system by adding an additional SH-FX67 wireless speaker module and SB-HS100A surround back speakers (both sold separately).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.