Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
7 speaker Blu-ray Disc home theater system with built-in iPod® dock
Our take on the Panasonic SC-BT200 by Crutchfield's Kristen Schaub
Panasonic's SC-BT200 gives you everything you need to experience all the emotional impact of a movie in your own home. This system delivers big sound from seven compact surround sound speakers and a rumbling subwoofer. It's easy to set up, and includes two digital audio inputs so you can connect a high-def cable box and video game console and get wraparound sound through the system's speakers. And Panasonic included some handy options to keep you entertained when a disc isn't playing.
High definition video and a higher level of surround sound realism
The receiver has a built-in Blu-ray player that delivers a stunning high-definition picture that will really show off your HDTV. Panasonic's P4HD technology processes every pixel to deliver smooth motion and crisply defined images. Blu-ray also offers the newest surround sound formats, like Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD, for incredible surround sound to match the picture. And 1080p upconversion breathes new life into your standard DVD collection, so all of your old favorites will look better than ever on your new system.
Enjoy more multimedia features
Slip your iPod into the flip-down dock and enjoy your music collection through your home theater speakers. You can even browse through your playlists and song titles on your TV screen, and play videos stored on your iPod. An SDHC memory card slot lets you pop in a memory card from your digital camera or camcorder and share high-def pictures and home videos, including videos recorded in the newer high-def AVCHD format. And if you have a broadband Internet connection, you can take advantage of Panasonic's VIERA Cast web menu to watch your favorite YouTube videos or view photos from friends and family on Google's Picasa Web Album.
Innovative materials and design
The front and center speakers sport rigid, low-density bamboo diaphragms that produce cleaner, more natural mids. The specially designed subwoofer pumps out clean, intense bass using a 6-1/2" woofer reinforced by a 10" passive radiator. On-screen guides and easy automatic speaker calibration (mic included) help you optimize the system for your room. And all seven surround speakers can be mounted on your walls for a clean, out-of-the-way look.
What's in the Box:
- SA-BT200 Blu-ray Receiver
- SB-HW200 Subwoofer with attached 13' length of speaker wire with proprietary connector on other end
- Two SB-HF470 front speakers
- Four SB-HS470 Surround speakers
- SB-HC200 center speaker
- Wireless remote control (N2QAKB000072)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 5' AC power cord
- Setup microphone with attached 10' cable terminated by a male 3.5mm connector
- FM wire antenna
- AM loop antenna
- 47" Composite video cable
- Three 10' lengths of speaker wire with bare-tinned wire on one end and a proprietary connector on other end
- Two 26' lengths of speaker wire with bare-tinned wire on one end and a proprietary connector on other end
- Two 40' lengths of speaker wire with bare-tinned wire on one end and a proprietary connector on other end
- Operating Instructions
- Easy Setting Guide
- "Smart Setup Supplementary Explanation" sheet
- Customer Care Plan/Product Information Card
- Product Registration Card
- Speaker connection labels
- "Information about the latest firmware updates" note
- home theater system with Blu-ray Disc player/receiver, 7 speakers, and a subwoofer
- includes built-in iPod dock for music, video, and photo playback
- Energy Star® compliant
- VIERA Cast for streaming content from YouTube, Google's Picasa Web Album, Bloomberg and a weather channel
- VIERA Link simplifies control of a compatible Panasonic TV via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
- remote control
- compatible with optional SH-FX70 wireless receiver for wireless back surrounds
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- P4HD (Pixel Precision Progressive Processing for HD) imaging technology for a sharper, more vivid picture
- Blu-ray Profile 2.0 compliant for playback of BD-Live and Bonus View material on compatible discs
- Deep Color support
- digital video upconversion for standard DVD playback
- selectable 480i/480p/720p/1080i/1080p output via HDMI
- plays Blu-ray discs, DVD-Video discs, DVD-RAM, DVD-Rs, DVD-RWs, DVD+Rs, & DVD+RWs
- plays CDs, audio CD-Rs & CD-RWs, & MP3 CDs
- plays digital picture CDs (JPEG) and SDHC memory cards (including AVCHD high-def video files)
- built-in decoding for Dolby® Digital, Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® Digital True HD, DTS, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, and DTS-HD Master Audio
- 8-channel amplifier (65 watts x 8 into 3 ohms at 1% THD)
- Smart Setup with automatic speaker calibration (microphone included)
- Ethernet port
- 2 optical digital audio inputs
- video output for TV (composite, component video, HDMI)
- 16-15/16"W x 2-1/2"H x 13"D
- front and center speakers feature rigid, low-density bamboo diaphragms
- each front, center, and surround speaker has a 2-1/2" full range driver
- front, center, and surround speakers can be wall-mounted using keyhole slots
- magnetically shielded to prevent interference with tube TVs
- dual-chamber subwoofer with 6-1/2" woofer and 10" passive radiator
- front and rear speakers: 3-5/8"W x 5"H x 3-3/16"D (each)
- center channel speaker: 9-7/8"W x 3-11/16"H x 3-3/16"D
- subwoofer: 7-1/8"W x 14-3/16"H x 12-7/16"D
Panasonic SC-BT200 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Panasonic SC-BT200 is a 7.1ch Blu-ray Home Theater System that features a single disc Blu-ray integrated receiver, two front satellite speakers, center-channel speaker, two surround satellite speakers, two surround-back satellite speaker, and a passive subwoofer. The Blu-ray Disc Home Theater System offers a high-quality picture and sound with 1080p up-conversion, VIERA Link HDAVI control, integrated dock for iPod playback and recharging, and SD-card slot. The SC-BT200 also provides an automatic setup microphone and wireless remote control.
SA-BT200 Main Unit: The SA-BT200 is the control center of the system and includes a single disc Blu-ray player with a built-in amplifier, a digital AM/FM tuner and integrated iPod dock. The integrated Blu-ray receiver also features a Dolby Digital decoder that supports Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus and TrueHD; a DTS decoder that supports DTS and DTS HD Master Audio; and a Pro Logic decoder which supports Pro Logic II surround decoding.
Compatible Discs: The integrated Blu-ray receiver will playback the following types of 12 cm discs - BD-Video, BD-RE, BD-R, DVD-Video, DVD-RAM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD+/-R DL, CD-Audio, and CD-R/RW.
MP3 Playback: This unit will play MP3 files recorded onto CD-R/CD-RW and DVD-R/R DL discs using the ISO 9660 level 1/level2 format. Compatible MP3 compression rates range from 32-320 kbps. This unit also supports ID3 Tags version 1, 2.2, 2.3, and 2.4. The unit can recognize up to 999 folders and 9,999 files.
JPEG Disc Playback: This unit will play JPEG files recorded onto CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-RAM, and BD-RE discs. All JPEG files on a disc can be played back in a slide show with an adjustable interval. Additionally you can rotate an image. This unit can recognize up to 4000 pictures in 400 groups. Compatible picture resolution varies from 34 x 34 to 8192 x 8192. The unit can recognize up to 999 folders and 9,999 files. Motion and Progressive JPEG are not supported.
AVCHD Playback: The SC-BT200 supports playback of AVCHD video recorded onto DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-R DL, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+RW DL, and DVD-RAM discs, as well as SD/SDHC memory cards. AVCHD is a new format for high definition video cameras that can be used to record and play high-resolution HD images (up to 1080i) via efficient data compression coding technology. MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 is used to compress the video data while Dolby Digital or Linear PCM is used to compress the audio data. The result is image resolution of approximately 4.5 times that of standard definition image quality.
Blu-ray Disc Format: Blu-ray Disc (BD) is a new high-definition disc format designed to take advantage of today's high quality HDTVs. The resolution is up to 1920 x 1080 (1080p) and the data transfer rate is up to 40 mbps. Blu-ray Disc discs and players offer several advantages over the standard DVD format:
- Better picture quality: Blu-ray Disc is a true high-definition format offering video at 720p, 1080i, or 1080p resolution. While standard DVDs look very good on an HDTV, they don't provide a high-definition signal (not even when you use an up-converting DVD player). Blu-ray Disc delivers an extraordinarily sharp, clean, detailed picture, with deeper, richer colors.
- Better sound quality: In addition to the same multi-channel sound formats you're accustomed to with DVD (Dolby Digital and DTS), Blu-ray Disc offers Dolby Digital Plus and uncompressed 7.1 channel PCM.
- Much greater storage capacity: What makes Blu-ray Disc's superior picture and sound possible is the much higher storage capacity of Blu-ray Disc discs. A single-layer Blu-ray Disc can hold 25 gigabytes of data, over five times the amount a standard DVD can hold. Dual-layer Blu-ray Discs hold 50 gigabytes, which equates to nine hours of High Definition or 23 hours of Standard Definition video, plus high-resolution multi-channel audio and the added features and material that require multiple discs with standard DVD.
- Compatibility with your current disc collections: To ensure backward-compatibility with your existing library of discs, Blu-ray Disc players use a dual-laser mechanism: a blue laser for playing high-definition Blu-ray Discs, and a conventional red laser for playing DVDs and audio CDs.
Note: As Blu-Ray technology continues to evolve, new disc types with enhanced functionality will become available. In order for you to enjoy this new functionality, you will likely be required to update the firmware in your player. These firmware updates will become available for downloading from the Internet.
HDMI Upconversion: Combining a PHL Reference Chroma Processor with advanced P4HD (Pixel Precision Progressive Processing) imaging technology, the system's Precise UniPhier Digital Video processor reproduces crisp, natural colors that are extremely faithful to the original movie. It does this by up-sampling the color information in decoded video signals, while the super high-speed P4HD up-converts content recorded in 480i/p, 720p or 1080i format to 1080p by correctly generating each pixel according to information drawn from up to 60 surrounding pixels. The image motion of each pixel is then categorized into one of 16 levels, from stationary to super fast. Image quality is further enhanced by Diagonal Processing, which creates smooth, sharp diagonal lines, and 3:2 Pull-Down, which optimizes the processing accordingly for film or video making the images look natural and lifelike. In addition, the BT200's HDMI output is Deep Color compatible, with 4,096 steps of gradation for even smoother, finer-quality images that meet Hollywood's stringent demands, so you can experience movies just the way they were meant to be experienced.
Video D/A Converter: The 148.5KHz/12-bit Video D/A Converter technology renders ultra-fine images with smooth gradation and reproduces crisp, natural colors that are extremely faithful to the original movie.
Blu-ray 24p Output: When playing a Blu-ray video recorded in 24 frames, this unit displays each frame at 1/24 second intervals, the same interval originally shot with the film movie. This feature can be set only when the unit is connected to a TV with an HDMI terminal that supports 1080/24p input.
Progressive Scan Output: The integrated Blu-ray player also features a component monitor output with progressive scan. Progressive-scan video has less flicker and fewer motion artifacts than the traditional interlaced-scanning method, resulting in a superior picture.
TV Aspect: The unit allows you to choose between the following aspect ratios to suit your television and preference - 4:3 Pan&Scan (the sides of the widescreen picture are cut off so it fills the screen), 4:3 Letterbox (widescreen picture is shown in letterbox format), and 16:9 Normal (use for 16:9 recorded images and video; 4:3 images will be displayed in center of screen).
Picture Mode: You can choose one of the following picture mode settings:
- Normal: normal picture
- Soft: soft picture with fewer video artifacts
- Fine: Details are sharper
- Cinema: mellows movies and enhances details in dark scenes
Black Level: You can change the black level of the picture if you have connected the TV through the component video outputs. You can select either Lighter or Darker.
192kHz/24-bit Audio DAC: Thanks to a 192kHz 24bit audio digital-analog converter, the SC-BT200 delivers exciting surround effects and lifelike ambience for your Home Theater Entertainment System.
Surround Modes: This receiver incorporates a variety of surround modes to bring you maximum enjoyment from your audio and video software. The surround modes include:
- Dolby Pro Logic II (Movie or Music): Dolby Pro Logic II enables you to play stereo and 5.1-channel.
- Dolby Digital: Dolby Digital is a 5.1 multi-channel digital surround format.
- Dolby Digital Plus: Multi-channel audio and higher audio quality is made possible using Dolby Digital Plus up to 7.1-channels.
- Dolby True HD: Dolby TrueHD is a very high quality audio format that reproduces the studio master audio up to 7.1-channels.
- DTS: DTS Digital Surround is a 5.1 multi-channel digital surround sound format used for both commercial/theatrical and consumer grade applications.
- DTS-HD High Resolution Audio: This is a signal format achieved by improving the previous DTS formats and is compatible with sampling frequency 96kHz/48kHz, up to a 7.1-channel output.
- DTS-HD Master Audio: This is a lossless audio format and compatible with 96kHz and up to 7.1 channel output. In addition, faithful reproduction of the master audio is enabled using lossless audio encoding technology.
- S. Surround: You can enjoy sound from all speakers from a 2-channel source.
- 2Ch Stereo: You can play any source in stereo. Sound will be output to the front speaker and the subwoofer only.
Sound Effects: The Panasonic Blu-ray integrated receiver allows you to choose from the following sound effects.
- Center Focus: Using this feature, you can make the sound of the center channel seem like it's coming from the TV.
- Dialogue Enhancer: When the Dialogue Enhancer feature is activated, the volume of the center channel is raised to make dialogue easier to hear.
- High Clarity Sound: When the analog video terminal is not being used, the electrical current that flow through the analog video circuit can be turned off. This prevents adverse effects on the audio signal and produces clear sound.
- Re-Master: The purpose of the Re-Master function is to reproduce audio signals lost in recording, resulting in sound closer to the original. There are three settings Re-master 1, Re-master 2, Re-master 3 and Off.
- Equalizer: You can select from the following sound quality
- Flat: no effect added
- Heavy: adds punch to rock music
- Clear: clarifies high frequencies
- Soft: for background music
Whisper Surround Mode: This mode allows you to enhance the surround effect for low volume 5.1-channel surround during last night viewing.
Auto Speaker Setup: The Panasonic SC-BT200 comes supplied with a setup microphone which allows the system to automatically set the speaker delay, speaker level, and subwoofer level for the system. The microphone should be placed at the main seating position at ear level. You can also choose to adjust these speaker settings manually.
- Speaker Delay: You can set an audio time delay for your center and surround speaker in regards to how far they are positioned from your listening position. You can adjust the center speaker's time delay between 1.0 to 5.0 ms and the surround speakers' time delay between 5.0, 10.0, or 15.0 ms.
- Speaker Level: You can adjust the level of each speaker (-6 to +6 dB)
- Subwoofer Level: You can enhance low-frequency sound (1-4) so that heavy bass sound can be heard clearly, even if the acoustics of your room are not optimal.
Time Delay: If you notice audio is out of sync to your video display you can adjust the time delay between 0ms, 20ms, 40ms, 60ms, 80ms, 100ms, 120ms or 140ms.
DRC (Dynamic Range Compression): This function adjusts the clarity of Dolby Digital soundtracks when listening at low volume by compressing the range of the lowest sound level and the highest sound level.
BonusView: Some BD-video disc copy data to other media (local storage) and then play the secondary video, secondary audio and subtitles (sub contents) simultaneously. These functions are known as BonusView. Sub contents are automatically recorded to other media from the disc prior to playing the virtual package. Playback methods vary depending on BD-discs. This player uses its SD card slot along with an optional SD-card to copy data from applicable BD-video discs.
BD-Live: The unit's Ethernet port lets you connect the player directly to the Internet to access bonus material available on some Blu-ray movies known as BD-Live. The BD-Live, a new BD-Video function allows you to use the following interactive functions when connected to the Internet - movie trailers, subtitles and BD-J. Special video data may be played back while they are downloaded to an inserted SD card.
Note: An SD-card with 1GB or more of free space (SD Speed Class Rating 2 or higher) needs to be inserted prior to inserting a BD-Live compatible disc.
VIERA Cast: Using the Blu-ray player's rear-panel RJ-45 Ethernet port you can access select internet services (TV content) via VIERA Cast, a web menu that's built into the SC-BT200, and the internet. With Panasonic's VIERA Cast technology, you can enjoy online content like Amazon Video On Demand, YouTube videos, Picasa Web Albums, stock information (Bloomberg) and weather through the Blu-ray player's easy-to-use, built-in Web interface. No extra equipment is required; just surf the Web using the supplied remote control (no PC required). In addition, the VIERA Cast menu will self-update as soon as new online content becomes available.
Note: VIERA Cast requires a Broadband high-speed Internet service of no less than 1.5 Mbps for SD image quality and 6Mbps for HD picture quality. Dial-up Internet services cannot be used for VIERA Cast.
iPod Dock: The SA-BT200 features an integrated, retractable front-panel iPod dock. The unit's integrated iPod dock allows audio/video playback, control and charging of your iPod through the receiver. The SA-BT200 will display a menu on your connected TV's screen so you can select content via Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer or Audiobook. You can also control basic functions such a Play, stop and search from your iPod for music, video, and photo playback. The Panasonic Blu-ray integrated receiver is compatible with the following iPod models.
- iPod video (5th generation)
- iPod classic (80/120/160GB)
- iPod touch (1st/2nd generation)
- iPod nano (1st/2nd/3rd/4th generation)
- iPod color display (4th generation)
- iPod mini (1st/2nd generation)
SD-Card Slot: The SA-BT200 Blu-ray integrated receiver features an SD-card slot located behind the fold-down door on front of the unit. The SD-card slot can be used to playback JPEG still images (with or without background music) and AVCHD video from an SD or SDHC card. The SD-card slot supports SD memory cards (including miniSD and microSD with adapter) from 8MB to 2GB in FAT12/16 formats and SDHC memory cards from 4GB to 16GB in FAT32 format. The unit can recognize up to 300 folders and 3,000 JPEG images. The unit can Still images can be viewed as a Slideshow, Rotated and Zoomed Out.
Optical Digital Inputs: The unit features two rear-panel optical digital inputs for playing back Dolby Digital/DTS multi-channel surround signals output by your satellite receiver, cable box, or television.
Auxiliary Input: The Panasonic integrated Blu-ray receiver features a rear-panel stereo RCA audio input for connecting an external analog audio source to the home theater system.
Headphone Jack: The main unit features a 3.5mm (1/8") mini-jack headphone output on the front panel for private listening. When headphones are used the speakers are muted automatically.
Parental Control: You can prevent certain DVD discs and BD discs from being played back on the SC-BT200 by entering a custom user 4-digit password and using the rating system provided by the player for DVD and Blu-ray discs. DVD discs can be set to a level of 0 to 8 while Blu-ray discs have a rating of 0 to 254.
Dimmer: The unit's display can be set to Bright, Dim or Auto. Auto allows the display to be dimmed, but brightens the display when you perform some operations.
Sleep Timer: The integrated Blu-ray receiver features a Sleep Timer which can be set to 30, 60, 90 or 120 minutes.
Unified Remote: The SC-BT200 comes with an IR wireless remote control, which is pre-programmed to operate this system and a number of functions on select Panasonic brand TVs.
VIERA Link HDMI Control (HDAVI): VIERA Link is a convenient function that offers linked operations of the receiver and a compatible Panasonic TV through the HDMI connection. The HDAVI control allows for One Touch Playback where the Receiver and TV will turn on at the same time and automatically switch to the appropriate input for playback. When the TV is turned off, the receiver also automatically turns off.
Front Speakers: The SB-HF470 front speakers use a single 2.5-inch, 3-ohm, full-range bamboo driver in a bass-reflex enclosure. Each enclosure is covered by a non-removable black cloth grille. The front speakers feature four rubber feet on the bottom so it can sit securely on a shelf or speaker stand. The front speakers can also be wall-mounted using the keyhole slot found on back of each speaker. The front speakers feature spring-clip speaker terminals and come with 10' length of speaker wire each.
Center Channel Speaker: The SB-HC200 Center Channel speaker has a single 2.5-inch, 3-ohm, full-range bamboo driver in a bass-reflex enclosure. The enclosure is made from plastic and its front-panel covered by a non-removable black cloth grille. There are 2 keyhole slots provided for horizontal wall mounting. There are four rubber feet on the bottom so it can sit securely on the TV or a shelf. The center speaker features spring-clip speaker terminals and comes supplied with 10' length of speaker wire.
Surround/Surround Back Speakers: The SB-HS470 surround and surround-back speakers feature a 2.5-inch, 3-ohm full-range bamboo driver in a bass-reflex enclosure. The surround and surround-back speakers are identical to the front speakers. The drivers are covered by a non-removable black cloth grille. The surround/surround-back speakers feature four rubber feet on the bottom so it can sit securely on a shelf or speaker stand. The surround/surround-back speakers can be wall-mount using the keyhole slot on the back of each speaker. The surround/surround-back speakers feature spring-clip speaker terminals and come with 26' (surround) and 40' (surround-back) lengths of speaker wire.
SB-HW200 Subwoofer: The Panasonic home theater system features a non-powered subwoofer, powered by an amp in the Blu-ray/Receiver unit. The subwoofer uses an enclosed 6.5-inch, 3-ohm Kelton woofer and a side-firing 10" cone Kelton passive radiator. The woofer's enclosure features four rubber feet to prevent vibration. There is a 13' length of speaker wire attached to the rear of the subwoofer's enclosure.
Speaker Wiring: The integrated Blu-ray player/receiver features color-coded proprietary plugs for speaker connections, while each speaker uses a pair of spring-clip terminals. Each length of supplied speaker wire has tinned wire on one end, and a color-coded proprietary plug on the other for easy hookup. The color-coded plugs are white (Front Left), red (Front Right), green (Center), blue (Surround Left), gray (Surround Right), yellow (Surround Back Right), brown (Surround Back Left), and purple (Subwoofer).
Wireless Connection (Optional): The Panasonic SC-BT200 is compatible with Panasonic's wireless rear module (SH-FX70, sold separately). For a wireless connection of both the system's surround and surround-back speakers, you will need two wireless rear modules.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.