Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
AM/FM/CD system with built-in iPod® dock
Item # 133SCHC3 | MFR # SC-HC3
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Panasonic SC-HC3 by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Its striking ultra-thin design makes the Panasonic SC-HC3 a stylish way to enjoy your iPod in any room. This compact, lightweight system also features a CD player and an AM/FM tuner, so you've got lots of entertainment options. A cool sliding door provides access to the CD player and built-in iPod dock, maintaining the system's sleek lines. And the flat, full-range speakers deliver clean sound, with dual passive radiators to keep the bass clear.
- ultra-thin design
- compatible with all docking iPods, including 120GB iPod classic, curved screen iPod nano, and second generation iPod touch
- front-loading CD player
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, and MP3 CDs
- stereo AM/FM tuner with 30 FM and 15 AM presets
- 15 watts RMS x 2
- digital clock with alarm
- automatically charges most players
- minijack auxiliary input
- headphone minijack
- remote control
- weight: 6.6 lbs.
- 19-13/16"W x 7-7/8"H x 3-5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Compact stereo system
- 5' AC power cord
- N2QAYB000394 remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- AM loop antenna
- FM wire antenna
- Operating Instructions (English)
- Operation Instructions (Spanish)
- Product Registartion Card
- Customer Care Plan Card
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The Panasonic SC-HC3 Compact Stereo System features a built-in CD player, AM/FM tuner, and iPod dock; along with an auxiliary input and headphone output. The unit also comes supplied with a wireless remote control.
Slim Design: The Panasonic SC-HC3 Compact Stereo System features a stylish 3-9/16" ultra-slim design.
LCD Display: The Panasonic Compact Stereo System features a Blue backlit LCD display which indicates AM/FM stations, CD track information, Clock/Timer, and menu operation.
Amplifier/Speaker Section: The SC-HC3 Compact Stereo System features two full-range 2.5" bamboo cone drivers in a bass-reflex enclosure powered by a 15 watt x 2-channel amplifier (20-20k, 6-ohms, 10% THD) for dynamic and clear sound.
Sound Adjustments: The Panasonic SC-HC offers the following sound adjustments so you can tailor your music to your listening preference.
- Preset EQ: Heavy (adds punch to rock), Clear (clarifies high frequencies), Soft (background music), Vocal (adds gloss to vocal), or Flat (no effect).
- Bass & Treble: The bass and treble settings can be independently set from -4 to +4.
- Surround Sound: Enables you to add natural width and depth to the stereo sound.
- D.Bass: Enables you to enjoy more power bass effect.
- Re-Master: This feature reproduces the frequencies lost during recording to give you a sound closer to the original.
CD-Player: The SC-HC3 features a vertical-load, built-in CD-player which supports playback of 8cm or 12cm CD-Audio discs, and MP3 (64-320 kbps) files recorded on CD-R/RW discs in ISO 9660 level 1 or 2 format. The SC-HC3 can recognize up to 256 albums and 999 tracks. The unit offers the following CD playback functions.
- Album: You can playback tracks only from a certain folder of CD-R/RW disc loaded with MP3 audio files.
- Random: You randomly playback all the tracks on a disc or select only to randomly playback tracks from a particular folder.
- Program: This function allows you to program up to 24 tracks for playback.
- Repeat: You can repeat play from Program, Random, or Album mode.
AM/FM Tuner: The Panasonic SC-HC3 features a built-in AM/FM tuner and comes supplied with an AM loop antenna and FM wire antenna. The built-in AM/FM tuner allows you to manually preset up to 30 FM stations and 15 AM stations (the unit also offers auto-preset tuning). The SC-HC3 offers sound quality adjustments for both AM and FM.
- FM Mono: FM Mono can be used to improve FM sound quality when a station is too week for stereo playback.
- Beat Proof: Beat Proof helps improve AM sound quality. You can choose between 4 settings (BP1, BP2, BP3, or BP4).
iPod Dock: The Panasonic SC-HC3 Compact Stereo System features an integrated iPod dock hidden behind an electronic sliding door on the front-panel of the unit. The SC-HC3 supports audio playback, control, and charging of select Apple iPods. The supplied remote can be used to control your iPods playback functions (or you can continue to use your iPod's touch-screen or click-wheel). The SC-HC3 is "Made for iPod compatible" and supports the following iPod model functions (Dec. 2009).
iPod/iPhone Model Media Type Control Display Charge Audio Video Remote iPod Song/Artist Track dock-connector (3 gen) N N N N N N N click-wheel/color-display (4 gen) Y N Y Y N N Y mini (1/2 gen) Y N Y Y N N Y video (5 gen) Y N Y Y N N Y classic (80/120/160 GB) Y N Y Y N N Y nano 1 gen Y N Y Y N N Y 2 gen Y N Y Y N N Y 3 gen Y N Y Y N N Y 4 gen Y N Y Y N N Y 5 gen Y N Y Y N N Y touch 1 gen Y N Y Y N N Y 2 gen Y N Y Y N N Y 3 gen Y N Y Y N N Y iPhone 2G N N N N N N N 3G N N N N N N N 3GS N N N N N N N
Note: The unit's display does not support iPod text. The display will read only "iPod" when your iPod is docked. Apple firmware updates may change functionality results.
Auxiliary Input: The Panasonic Compact Stereo System features a rear-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting an external audio source to the system. You can select the sound input level of your connected audio device (High or Normal).
Headphone Output: The Panasonic SC-HC3 features a rear-panel 3.5mm headphone output for connecting a set of headphones to the unit. The system's speakers will mute once a set of headphones are plugged in.
Remote Control: The Compact Stereo System comes supplied with an IR wireless remote control which operates all functions of the system, including CD, AM/FM, and iPod playback.
Clock With Timers: The SC-HC3 features a 12-hour digital clock with timer features, such a Play Timer and Sleep Timer.
- Play Timer: You can set this unit to come on at a certain time to wake you up. This unit offers 3 Play Timers. You can set the time, volume, and source for each timer.
- Sleep Timer: The Sleep timer can be set to turn the unit automatically off after a preset duration of time (30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes).
Power Supply: The Panasonic SC-HC3 Compact Stereo System operates off of standard household AC current using the supplied 5' AC power cord.
Low Power Consumption: The Panasonic SC-HC provides low power consumption.
- 0.08 watts in Standby Mode
- 28 Watts in Operation Mode
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.