Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Panasonic VW-CLT1 3D Video Conversion Lens
For use with select Panasonic camcorders
Item # 133VWCLT1 | MFR # VW-CLT1
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Panasonic VW-CLT1 3D Video Conversion Lens by Crutchfield's Kristen Schaub
Go from shooting flat, 2D images with your camcorder to recording lifelike, 3D videos and photos with Panasonic's VW-CLT1 3D video conversion lens. It uses two lenses inside the barrel to capture both a right and left image simultaneously in a side-by-side method. It then sends the information to your compatible 3D-ready Panasonic camcorder, which records the image in 3D.
To play back your 3D videos and photos, simply connect your camcorder to your compatible 3D HDTV using an HDMI cable, or insert your cam's SD memory card in the slot on your TV. You'll be amazed by the added depth this lens adds to your images people and objects will seem to pop out from the screen.
The VW-CLT1 lens easily attaches to compatible camcorders using a quick-lock mechanism. The control panel on the top of the lens also lets you make precise adjustments to the position of the two lenses, allowing you to alter the apparent displacement of objects in your field of view for a more precise 3D image.
- compatible with the Panasonic HDC-TM90 and HDC-TM900
- dual lenses record two simultaneous images to create a 3D picture with compatible 3D-ready camcorders
- top-mounted control panel lets you adjust the position of the lenses for more precise 3D images
- 35mm equivalent: 58 mm (16:9 - motion image)
- aperture: f/3.2 or f/3.3 (depending on the camcorder)
- focal length: 2.3mm or 2.5 mm (depending on the camcorder)
- minimum illumination: 28 lux
- includes front lens cap, rear lens cap, and lens pouch
- 3-1/8"W x 2-3/8"H x 3-7/8"D
- weight: 6.8 ounces
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 3D Conversion lens (with front and rear lens caps installed)
- Step-up ring (with rear lens cap installed)
- Vinyl pouch
- Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Basic Recording Method for 3D Video booklet
- English-to-French self-adhesive labels
Overview: The VW-CLT1 is a 3D Conversion Lens for select Panasonic high-definition video cameras. When attached to a compatible camcorder, you can record realistic and powerful 3D videos.
Format: The 3D videos recorded with this lens are in the side-by-side format (2-screen structure). In order to view 3D video shot with this lens, the television must support 3D.
Compatibility: The VW-CLT1 is compatible with Panasonic High Definition Video Cameras with a filter diameter of 46mm, including the HC-V700MK, HDC-TM900, HDC-HS900, and HDC-SD800. The lens includes a step-up ring that works with video cameras with a filter diameter of 41.5mm, including the HDC-TM90 and HDC-SD90.
Minimum Focus Distance: With the VW-CLT1 attached, the minimum focus distance is 3.9 feet (1.2 meters).
Adjustments: Each time you attach the lens to the camcorder, the attachment position will need to be adjusted. Under a protective flap on the top of the lens are three adjustment dials: one for horizontal adjustment and two for vertical adjustment. A 3D Conversion Lens Setup mode can be found in the compatible camcorder menu.
- When attached to the HDC-SD800, HDC-TM900, or HDC-HS900:
- Aperture: F3.2
- Focal Length: 2.5mm
- 35mm Equivalent: 58mm
- When attached to the HDC-SD90 or HDC-TM90:
- Aperture: F3.3
- Focal Length: 2.3mm
- 35mm Equivalent: 58mm
- Minimum Recording Distance: 3.9' (1.2 meters)
- 6.864 ounces (w/o lens caps or step-up ring)
- 7.712 ounces (with step-up ring, w/o lens caps)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.