Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Car Show CS-GM1010-P11 Navigation Receiver
Custom-fit replacement for select 2006-up GM factory radios
Our take on the Car Show CS-GM1010-P11 Navigation Receiver by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Factory look, aftermarket performance
Like the look of your factory stereo, but wish it could do more? This Car Show multimedia receiver fits perfectly in the dash of select 2006-up GM vehicles, giving you touchscreen navigation, DVD movie playback, CD/MP3 playback, and Bluetooth® connectivity. A built-in virtual CD changer stores the music from six of your favorite CDs in the receiver's memory, or you can use the USB input to access thumb drives loaded with music files. iPod control is built in — just connect your player and hit the road with your favorite playlists.
Keep your OnStar and other GM options
Car Show builds their systems to exactly match your GM vehicle's dash opening and wiring — and you'll even get to keep using your OnStar system, XM Satellite Radio tuner, rear seat entertainment system, and other GM factory options. The built-in mounting brackets and included plug-and-play wiring harnesses let you install the receiver without having to splice wires or modify your dash, plus you don't need an expensive adapter to keep your door chimes and turn signals. Car Show even includes an adapter that you can wire in to keep your steering wheel audio controls working with your new receiver.
GPS navigation built in
Car Show puts you in command on the road. You can navigate to specific addresses or any of the 11 million points of interest the high-resolution 7" touchscreen display shows maps of the U.S. in easy-to-read detail, including 3-D building views in many cities. A built-in database of 2500 red-light and speed cameras provides valuable driving info, while features like Lane Information and Junction View eliminate those last-minute surprises.
Bluetooth convenience and safety
You can make and take calls without having to touch your compatible Bluetooth phone you'll hear your caller over the car's speakers, while the built-in microphone picks up your voice. Three microphone sensitivity settings ensure that your caller will hear you loud and clear. You can also stream music from your compatible mobile device to the Car Show receiver.
You can watch DVDs on the 7" screen while parked, and this receiver will work with your GM factory rear seat entertainment system. You can also use an optional audio/video output to add rear video screens then use the dual zone feature to let your passengers watch movies on optional rear screens while you listen to music up front.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
What's in the Box:
- GPS navigation/multimedia headunit with integrated 7" touchscreen monitor (15A fuse installed in chassis)
- 4GB SDHC memory card with map information (pre-installed)
- Bose Amp Harness (DP-GM1012)
- Speaker/Non-Amp harness (DP-GM1016)
- 35" USB cable (with a female USB type-A connector on one end and a male mini-USB type-B connector on other end)
- 6.5' iPod cable
- GPS antenna (with attached 10' cable terminated by an SMB connector
- Self-adhesive metal plate
- Self-adhesive magnetic pad
- Two-side tape
- Owner's Manual
- Navigation User Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Installation Guide
- in-dash DVD/CD player with internal amplifier (25 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels)
- 7" touchscreen
- custom-fit receiver designed for select 2006-up GM vehicle dash openings
- built-in memory for navigation with maps of US, 11 million points of interest (POI), and 3D views in major cities
- built-in virtual 6-disc CD changer
- retains OnStar® functionality (subscription required), factory Bluetooth, and factory XM satellite radio
- plays CDs, DVDs, SD cards, and USB memory devices (see Hands-on Research for full capabilities)
- Dolby Digital decoding built in
- dual-zone video with optional adapter
- 3-band EQ with six preset tone curves
- iPod control built in
- works with factory XM satellite radio tuner (adapter included)
- inputs: USB input, SDHC card slot, optional rear-view camera input, optional aux input, optional A/V input
- built-in steering wheel controls interface (some wiring required)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Car Show CS-GM1010-P11 Navigation Receiver Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Android Control||USB MSC protocol + Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP|
|Memory Card Slot||Builtin flash, USB, SD/S|
|Satellite Radio Ready||XM|
|RMS Power Output||25 watts|
|Peak Output||45 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Built-in|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
Overview: The CarShow GPS Navigation & Multimedia In-Dash 2DIN head unit (CS-GM1010-P11) offers a factory look for select 2006-2011 GM vehicles (with GM29-Bit Data CAN Bus system). The CarShow GPS Navigation & Multimedia In-Dash 2DIN head unit will fit perfectly in the dash without the use of a kit and comes supplied with direct plug-in factory harnesses. Current compatible vehicles include (as of 4/12/2012):
Note: GM vehicles contain a number of different audio systems. This CarShow head unit (CS-GM1010-P11) is designed to cover specific GM vehicles with amplified (Bose) and non-amplified Audio Systems. It is not compatible with the Bose Centerpoint system. As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify compatibility with your vehicle.
OnStar Compatible: This unit is compatible with GM's factory OnStar system.
High-Resolution Touch-Screen LCD Display: The CarShow Navigation & Multimedia head unit features a 7" high-resolution, wide-screen, touchscreen LCD display. You can adjust the brightness, color, and contrast of the display. The display also offers three dimmer settings (Bright, Dim, and Off). In addition, you can set the LCD monitor to display a Widescreen, Letter-Box, or Pan&Scan image.
Start Up Time: The CarShow GPS Navigation & Multimedia head unit (CS-GM1010-P11) has a start up time of approximately 20 seconds from Off to an audio/video source screen; and another 65 seconds to the map screen for a total start up time of approximately 1 minute 25 seconds from Off to the navigation map screen.
Spectrum Audio Display: The unit features a spectrum audio display when listening to music.
Screen Saver: The unit's screen saver will display after 3-4 minutes of no operation.
Hard-Key Controls: The unit also features rotary volume and tuning knobs, along with push-button controls along the left and right side of the LCD screen.
Parking Brake Detection: The CarShow Navigation & Multimedia head unit contains a built-in DVD player and integrated LCD monitor, which is not intended for viewing while driving. The unit's video player is disabled when the vehicle is in motion through a connection to your vehicle's parking brake.
Rear Seat Entertainment: The CarShow Navigation & Multimedia head unit is compatible with factory rear seat audio/video entertainment. The selected video source for the unit's rear video output can be displayed on your vehicle's factory overhead monitor, even though you will not be able to view it on the unit's built-in LCD monitor while you are driving. The same audio from the vehicle speakers will play through the factory rear seat audio. You can continue to use your vehicle's rear-seat entertainment controls.
Navigation Mapping Software: The map database (by TeleAtlas) used by the CarShow CS-GM1010-P11 was created using high-resolution aerial and land based data collection. Navigation data is stored on a pre-installed 4GB SDHC memory card for quick access and response. The head unit provides map coverage of the entire United States (all 50 states). The unit's integrated iGo Primo navigation software provides turn-by-turn visual and voice assistance to direct you to your selected destination. The built-in software quickly calculates step-by-step directions to any destination available on the included navigation map.
Note: The pre-installed 4GB SDHC memory card must remain in the head unit during navigation. If the SDHC memory card is removed, you will not be able to access the head unit's navigation functions. When you reinsert the SDHC memory card, the head unit must be reset to restore navigation functions. The navigation content on the SDHC memory card contains a License Code. This code cannot be moved to different cards. If the SDHC memory card is lost or damaged in anyway , it will render this Navigation system inoperable. Damaged or deleted files on the navigation SDHC memory card are not covered under the product warranty.
Map Updates: Car navigation maps are frequently updated. While this database was judged to be as accurate as possible at the time of its release, a map database can never be 100% accurate. Road information that is maintained in the map databases, such as turn restrictions or road names may change over time. It is easy to keep the navigation system up to date. Simply download new map data from naviextras.com, store the updated map data on a SD card and insert it into the head unit via the front-panel SD card slot.
GPS (Global Position System): The unit's built-in navigation helps you find your way to your destination with an integrated GPS receiver & external GPS antenna. The CarShow CS-GM1010-P11 features a built-in SiRFprima GPS receiver and includes an external magnetic GPS antenna. The head unit uses Global Position System (GPS) satellites, and a digital roadway map database to calculate and display vehicle positioning and travel direction. The unit considers vehicle speed an heading changes, together with longitude and latitude information, to accurately determine vehicle heading and position on a digital map. Signal from GPS satellites are used to determine the vehicle location. Three (good) or four (best) satellites must be receive to accurately determine location.
Note: This unit does not transmit your GPS position, so others cannot track you.
On-Screen Map: The unit's on-screen map shows your vehicle's current position (a red arrow by default), the recommended route (an orange line), the surrounding map area, and your destination as a checkered flag. The on-screen map shows streets, roads, and highways in a way that is similar to how a paper road map shows them. A road's width and colors corresponds to their importance, so you can easily tell a freeway from a small street. When navigating a route, the top section of the map screen shows information about your next route maneuver and the next street or the next city/town. When approaching a turn, the map screen will zoom in and raise the view angle to let you easily recognize your maneuver at the next junction. If the next turn is at a distance, it will zoom out and lower the view angle to be flat so you can see the road in front of you. The map also displays data; such as the posted speed limit, your current speed, current time, distance to your destination, time left before you reach your destination, and your arrival time.
- 2D/3D Map Mode: The navigation head unit allows you to view its on-screen map in a 2D (two-dimensional) or 3D (three-dimensional) view. Similar to paper road maps, the 2D mode, shows you streets, roads, and elevation by color. In 3D mode, you can see the altitude and elevations differences. You can distinguish between valleys, mountains, and elevated roads. In selected cities 3D landmarks and 3D buildings are also displayed.
- Color Mode: The navigation map screen uses different color themes (Day/Night) during the day and during the night for both the map and the menu screen. Daytime colors are similar to paper road maps, and the menus are bright. The night color themes use dark colors for large objects to keep the average brightness of the screen low. You can also set the navigation unit to switch between daytime and night color modes automatically based on the current time and GPS position.
Lane Information & Signposts: The unit's navigation map offers helpful lane information & signpost guidance.
- Lane Information: When driving on multilane roads, it is important to take the appropriate lane in order to follow the recommended route. If lane information is available in the map data, the map screen will display the lanes and their directions using small arrows at the bottom of the map. Highlighted arrows represent the lanes you need to take.
- Signposts: Where additional information is available, signposts substitute arrows. Signposts are displayed at the top of the map. The color and style of the signposts are similar to the real ones you can see above the road or by the roadside, They show the available destinations and the number of the road the lane leads to.
- Junction View: If you are approaching a freeway exit or a complex intersection and the needed information exists, the map is replaced with a 3D view of the junction. The lanes you need to take are displayed with arrows. Signposts can also be present, if information is available.
- Tunnel View: When entering a tunnel, the map is replaced with a generic tunnel image so that surface roads and buildings cannot distract you.
Audible Alerts: The CS-GM1010-P11 offers various audible alerts and functions to help you get to your destination safely.
- Voice Guidance (Text-to-Speech): In addition to graphic directions, the receiver provides voice guidance and turn-by-turn directions. You can select from English, French, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese audible languages. The volume of the voice prompts can be increased with increases in speed to overcome road noise. Voice guidance can be turned off if you prefer.
- Safety Alert: This function can warn you when you approach road safety cameras, school zones, or railroad crossings (if available). You can also add your own alert points. Beeps or the spoken type of alert will be heard when you are approaching of these points.
- Speed Limit Warning: Some maps may contain information about the speed limits of certain road segments. The head unit provides an audible warning if you exceed the recommended speed limit.
Where Am I?: This screen contains information about the current position (or approximately the last known position if GPS reception is not available) and a button to search for POIs nearby.
Find Menu: The Find Menu gives you many different ways to choose your destination or insert a waypoint in your current route. An on-screen keyboard appears to allow you to enter your destination from one of the following categories:
|Find on Map||Search for a destination by scrolling the map display.|
|Find Address||Enter a full address or part of an address, or two intersecting streets.|
|Find Places||Search for over 11,000,000 points-of-interest (POIs) by name or category; search near your current location, in a specific city, along your current route, or near your destination.|
|Favorites||Store your favorite locations for easy recall.|
|History||Destinations that you have set previously.|
|Coordinates||Enter geographic coordinates (latitude & longitude).|
Route Calculation: The built-in navigation system calculates the route base on your preferences. You can choose from the following:
- Route Method: You can choose which route method
(Fastest, Shortest, Green, or Easy) the navigation unit should use when
calculating your route.
- Fastest: give a quick route, if you can travel at or near the speed limit on all roads. Usually the best section for fast and normal cars
- Shortest: gives a route that has the smallest total distance of all possible routes. It can be practical for slow vehicles
- Green: gives a quick, but full efficient route based on the fuel consumption data you provide
- Easy: results in a route with fewer turns and no difficult maneuvers
- Avoidances: You can tell the navigation unit to avoid certain types of roads along your calculated route, such as - Highways, Tolls, Carpool/HOV, Unpaved Roads, and/or Ferries.
Inserting Via-Points: You can expand your route by inserting via-points (intermediate destinations).
Itinerary: The Itinerary is the list of the route events and driving instructions.
Trip Logs: Trip logs contain useful information about your trip. Trip logs can be saved manually when you reach your destination or automatically along your route. Trip log data includes - Start/End Time, Avg./Max. Speed, Total/Driving/Stopped Time, Total Distance, and Min./Max. Altitude.
Detour: This screen contains quick detour possibilities during navigation so you can bypass a part of the route.
Automatic Route Recalculation: The unit will automatically recalculate your route if you stray from the navigation unit's previously calculated route.
MOSFET Amplifier: The CarShow navigation/multimedia head unit is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the CarShow receiver are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 25 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 45 watts x 4 channels
Preset EQ Modes: The CarShow Navigation & Multimedia head unit features five preset EQ modes (Rock, Jazz, Pop, Classic, Flat) and one custom sound field mode.
Custom EQ: The Custom EQ mode allows you to adjust the unit's bass (100Hz), midrange (1kHz), and treble (10khz) manually (+/-8dB).
BBE: The CarShow Navigation & Multimedia head unit offers BBE sound processing for excellent high, mids, and low frequency reproduction. BBE can be adjusted between 0-16.
Sound Modes: The CarShow Navigation & Multimedia head unit offers the following sound modes.
- Stereo: Audio is output from the left and right channel for 2-channel stereo.
- Dolby Stereo: Dolby Stereo distributes the sound from the middle and the surround channels of a soundtrack to the left and right speaker channels of the unit.
- V. Surround: The left and right channels create a surround sound effect from a two-channel source.
- Dolby Digital: The CarShow Navigation & Multimedia head unit supports Dolby Digital playback via Rosen's Dolby5.1/Amp harness (135DP1011, sold separately), when connected to an optional external processor and 5.1-ch amplifier.
Speaker Level: You can adjust the level (+/-8dB) of each connected speaker (LR, LF, RR, RF, CTR, and SUB).
5.1 Preamp Outputs (Optional): With the optional Rosen 5.1-channel RCA output harness (135DP1011, sold separately) you can connect external aftermarket amplifiers for a 5.1 speaker audio system.
AM/FM Radio: The Navigation & Multimedia head unit features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, scan, and preset tuning.
AM/FM Presets: The unit offers 18 FM station presets (6 stations each for FM1/FM2/FM3) and 6 AM station presets (24 total presets). Station presets can be manually entered or automatically scanned.
Radio Data System (RDS): The unit's tuner features RDS (Radio Data System). RDS is a service used by some radio stations to transmit data outside of normal radio broadcast signals. When an RDS station is received, you can immediately find out what kind of data is being transmitted by looking at the program service name which appears in the display after the frequency. RDS features an emergency transmission function which interrupts regular programming to broadcast an emergency announcement (such as a tornado or severe storm). There is also a switchable Traffic Information function, which will automatically tune to a traffic bulletin when it is broadcast, even when you're not listening to the radio.
XM Satellite Radio: The Navigation & Multimedia head unit comes with an XM interface harness and is equipped to use to your factory installed XM Satellite Radio tuner. You can store up to 24 XM presets.
Disc Compatibility: This Navigation & Multimedia head unit supports playback of DVD, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, VCD, CD, and CD-R/RW discs (12cm discs only). The unit also supports MP3 audio files and JPEG still-image files recorded onto CD-R/RW discs.
Automatic Play: A disc can be inserted at any time in the unit and the system will automatically switch to disc playback.
Last Memory: If you stop playback of a disc, the disc will resume play from where it last left off, as long as you do not eject the disc.
Parental Control: Parental Control allows you to restrict DVD playback according to a predetermined level. You can select a parental control rating from 0-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password.
Front-Panel SD/SDHC memory card Slot: The CarShow Navigation & Multimedia head unit features a front-panel SD/SDHC memory card slot for playback of MP3 audio files or JPEG still-image files recorded onto an SD/SDHC memory card (up to 4GB).
Internal Flash Memory: The CarShow Navigation & Multimedia head unit is equipped with an internal flash memory which allows you to copy music tracks from a CD disc to the head unit as an MP3 file. The unit features 6 folders (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and Favorites) to store your music. Once you have copied your CD's music over to the head unit's internal memory, you can listen to those stored songs at anytime, without inserting the CD.
JPEG Playback: JPEG still images can be viewed as thumbnails (up to 12 images) or a single image.
Front-Panel USB Port: The CarShow Navigation & Multimedia head unit features a front-panel mini-USB (type-B) port and comes with a mini-USB type-B to USB type-A cable for connection of a USB mass class storage device (up to 8GB), so you can play back your MP3 audio files or JPEG still-image files stored on your USB thumbdrive.
iPod/iPhone Interface: The CarShow Navigation & Multimedia head unit supports audio/video playback, control, information display, and charging of select iPod/iPhones, using the included proprietary Rosen iPod/iPhone harness. This unit supports the following iPod/iPhones (as of 4/12/2012):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
- *The iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), and iPhone 5 will require the Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter (sold separately).
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Optional Audio/Video Input: You can also add the Rosen audio/video input harness (135DP1009, sold separately) consisting of a composite video connector and stereo RCA connectors, so you can connect an external AV source to the unit.
Optional Audio/Video Output: You can add the Rosen audio/video output harness (135DP1008, sold separately) which consists of two composite video outputs and a pair stereo RCA audio outputs, which allows you to connect the head unit to an external headrest and/or overhead monitor.
Note: You can watch and listen to the same source which is being played back on the unit's integrated LCD monitor on a connected external monitor and wireless headphone kit, or watch and listen to a different source. You can choose AM/FM, SAT, (optional tuner kit required), iPod (optional harness required), Disc, Aux (optional harness required), or MP3 for the second zone.
Reverse Camera/Sensor Operation: The CarShow Multimedia head unit can be connected to an optional Rosen rear-view camera (135DP1068, sold separately) or back-up sensor kit (135DP1030, sold separately), using the optional Rosen back-up camera/sensor harness (135DP1010, sold separately). This allows you to view the image from the rear camera on the unit or use the backup warning system. When the camera is connected, the unit will automatically switch to the back-up camera display whenever the reverse gear is engaged.
Note: The optional rearview camera and sensors are provided for additional information only. As the driver, you should always check your surroundings before backing-up the vehicle.
Built-In Bluetooth Hands-Free Interface: This unit provides Bluetooth Hands-Free communication functions. If your mobile phone is Bluetooth enabled, it can establish a point-to-point connection with the CarShow head unit, providing telephone dial-up, call answering, and Bluetooth music play functions. The CarShow navigation & multimedia unit displays incoming calls, received calls, and missed calls (the 5 most recent calls in each category are displayed). You can dial out using your phone or using the unit's touchscreen monitor. Incoming call phone numbers are displayed on-screen. Using your vehicle's speakers and the Rosen head unit's built-in microphone, you can carry on your cell-phone conversation without picking up your phone. If your cell-phone also supports Bluetooth music play, the audio for your cell-phone can heard through your vehicle's speakers. You can control basic music playback functions such as Play/Pause, Stop, Next/Previous Track.
Note: You can pair up to six phones (using only one at a time).
Steering Wheel Controls: The CarShow Navigation & Multimedia head unit can be set up through its menu system to retain your factory steering wheel controls (using the factory steering wheel controls does require splicing into factory wires at the radio location, and possibly elsewhere; there is no plug in adapter available for this function).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.