Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
JL Audio HO110RG-W3v3
Ported H.O. Wedge enclosure with one 10" W3v3 subwoofer
Our take on the JL Audio HO110RG-W3v3 by Crutchfield's Gabrielle Thorndyke
Advanced construction for intense sound
The "H.O." in JL Audio's H.O. Wedge enclosed subwoofer systems stands for "High Output," and that's exactly what you'll hear and feel. High Output Wedges deliver efficient, accurate bass, with better sound quality than conventional ported and bandpass boxes.
Tremendous low end
JL Audio designed the HO110RG-W3v3 enclosure as a perfect match for its powerful 10" W3v3 subwoofer so you can count on maximum performance. The woofer sits in a recessed baffle, part of a separate chamber within the enclosure, and the rear-firing slot port output combines with woofer output for efficient performance.
Hand finished for bass you can really feel
JL Audio employs advanced woodcutting machinery to fabricate these enclosures, which are finished by hand at their facility in Florida. The eye-catching solid aluminum enclosure bars complement the H.O. Wedge's automotive-grade gray carpet covering, giving your system a radical look while protecting your sub. The angled back design saves precious cargo space, while strong internal bracing and the recessed mounting baffle maintain the enclosure's integrity and protect the sub.
I paired this up with the jl audio jx500/1, and it sounds amazing. Crystal clear bass, and it hits hard. I definitely recommend buying.
What's in the Box:
- 10" woofer in a hatcback enclosure
- Warranty Information sheet
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
- ported enclosure with one 10" W3v3 subwoofer
- 5/8" medium density fiberboard construction covered with gray carpet and black insert
- solid aluminum grille bars
- 2-ohm total impedance
- power handling: 150-500 watts RMS
- frequency response: 25-250 Hz
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- 29-1/2"W x 13-1/4"H x 12"D1 x 7-3/8"D2
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
JL Audio HO110RG-W3v3 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Second Depth (inches)||7-3/8|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Frequency Response||25-250 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||500|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: This H.O. (High Output) subwoofer enclosure system is designed around JL Audio's W3v3-2 subwoofer. The H.O. enclosure is properly sized and tuned to the optimum ported alignment for the mounted 10" JL Audio W3v3 2Ω woofer.
H.O. Wedge Enclosure: JL Audio's patented High Output Enclosures feature a chamber-coupled port design to minimize turbulence and maintain excellent sound quality at all listening levels. The port wall integration and internal bracing ensure structural integrity. The slot-port wraps around the inner part of the enclosure and terminates beside the woofer. This type of design provides the necessary surface area and port length to maximize the performance of the JL Audio 10" W3v3-2. The enclosure's recessed mounting baffle and aluminum bar grilles also provide protection for the woofer. The JL Audio H.O. enclosure has a pair of gold-plated 5-way binding posts on the left side of the box.
10" W3v3 Woofer:
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W3v3 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC): The Vented Reinforcement Collar is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability. By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weaknesses. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes. the VRC also feature slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings to reduce thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Spider/Lead Wire Assembly: The W3v3 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. The spider is insert-molded into a composite carrier tray which also incorporates the terminal assembly and lead wire strain relief features for enhanced reliability and optimal alignment of parts. The flying lead wires are carefully controlled and strain-relieved without resorting to woven-in lead wires, which can degrade spider performance.
- Elevated Frame Cooling: The elevated frame design of the W3v3 delivers high-velocity air flow through slots directly above the top plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radiused feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Looking for more output than what I have while maintaining sound quality. [ Trenton Apr 27, 2017 ]
Love JL Audio [ MICHAEL Nov 19, 2016 ]
I chose this outstanding subwoofer enclosure setup because of the reputation JL Audio has for amazing sound and by researching the power this sub can handle. [ Jacob Aug 18, 2016 ]
2 questions already asked
No port. Sealed enclosure [ James Apr 29, 2015 ]
The slot that forms between the speaker and the grille is bigger than what it seems, and that right there is your port. [ John Apr 28, 2015 ]
The post is vented around the subwoofer driver. The black carpet is the panel the speaker is mounted to. There is a slot to one side of that panel, maybe both -can't really see. The grey outer speaker enclosre walls are apart from the black panel about half and inch, continuing the slot porting. [ Thanos Apr 28, 2015 ]
The port is inside where the subwoofer is located. It is hidden which is so much better than seeing a hole in the box on the exterior. [ JASON Apr 28, 2015 ]
The ports are to the left and right of the speaker. The speaker is recessed into the box. [ MATTHEW Apr 28, 2015 ]
The port is all around the woofer mounting plate. That way you can see that the woofer is not flush mounted on the enclosure, it is about 2 inches inside. This sub does not have a regular tube type port. [ CARLOS Apr 28, 2015 ]
If you look at the woofer, that area is slightly recessed into the box. The port is right above the woofer (under/below the carpeted panel), almost hidden from plain sight...clever design. Great job, JL Audio! [ Michael Apr 28, 2015 ]
it's ported in the front around the speaker. [ Robert Apr 28, 2015 ]
1 answer Yes I was wondering if you sell this without the subwoofer? As in just the enclosure itself without the sub. I'm only asking because I already have two 10" w3v3's in a custom made box. Looking to downsize to just using one of my w3v3's. Same question applies to the sealed wedge style of this set up. I've narrowed it down to these two. [ Max Apr 08, 2014 ]
Thanks for your question. For information on comparing two or more models I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to help determine the differences and help you make the best choice for your system and your budget. [ Krissy Apr 08, 2014 ] Staff