Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
JL Audio CS210G-W6v3
Dual 10" subwoofers in sealed enclosure
Our take on the JL Audio CS210G-W6v3 by Crutchfield's Bob Bihlmayer
Built in the USA
JL Audio's ProWedge™ Series CS110G-W6v3 enclosure houses two W6v3 10" subs in a high-quality sealed MDF enclosure. JL builds the drivers and the enclosure to exacting specifications at their plant in Miramar, Florida.
A 10" sub at each end means plenty of bass firepower.
Powerful 10" speakers
The two W6v3 10" subwoofers feature rigid polypropylene cones that push plenty of air, reinforced by rubber surrounds and large-diameter, progressive-roll spiders that keep the cones under control when the bass gets heavy. Extensive venting helps prevent thermal breakdown in the voice coils, so you'll get lasting, consistent performance. The speakers are wired in the enclosure for 4-ohm total impedance (two external 8-ohm terminals), and the enclosure will handle up to 1200 watts RMS.
Specially crafted enclosure
The CNC-machined, hand-assembled enclosure, made from high-grade MDF, is specially engineered for low-frequency fidelity. The unique design of the enclosure will deliver great results in a variety of spaces and vehicle applications. JL Audio backs up this high-performance enclosure with their 2-year warranty.
- sealed enclosure with dual 10" subwoofers
- two 10" 10W6v3 subwoofers with dual 4-ohm voice coils
- total power handling: 1200W RMS
- impedance: 4 ohms
- 5/8" medium density fiberboard sealed enclosure with carpet covering
- assembled in the U.S.A.
- dimensions: 12-1/8"W x 14" H x 21-5/8"D
- weight: 64-3/8 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years (limited)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Sealed enclosure loaded with two 10W6v3-D4 10" woofers
- Warranty information
Features and Specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Second Depth (inches)||N/A|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Frequency Response||22-200 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||1200|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Enclosure: The enclosure is sealed and houses two 10W6v3-D4 10" dual voice coil subwoofers, mounted at opposite ends and firing in opposite directions. This opposed driver configuration effectively cancels vibration and movement of the enclosure. Each sub's dual 4Ω voice coils are internally wired in series to present an 8Ω load at each of the two terminals. The two terminals can then be wired in parallel (to present a 4Ω load) or series (to present a 16Ω load). The MDF enclosure is finished with black automotive grade carpet. A tough polymer grille protects the subwoofers.
Terminals: The enclosure features two pair of 5-way binding posts, one for each woofer. The posts will accept pin connectors, spade connectors, single banana plugs, dual banana plugs (standard 3/4" width), and bare wire up to 10 gauge.
- Width: 12-3/8"
- Height: 14-1/4"
- Depth: 21-1/2" (including the grilles)
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method of improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, the 10W6v3-D4 motor remains linear over a long excursion range, and also maintains a stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Pole-Vent Airflow Control (PVAC): The bullet-shaped structure inside the pole-vent directs airflow and increases air velocity to effectively reduce voice coil temperature, leading to improved fidelity and reliability.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Elevated Frame Cooling System: The elevated frame design of the 10W6v3-D4 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Engineered Lead Wire System: JL Audio's engineered flying lead-wires have carefully designed entry and exit support structures molded into the terminals and the voice coil collar. They are jacketed to further reduce the likelihood of shorting and fatigue. The result is predictable high-excursion lead-wire behavior with long term reliability, and none of the compromises inherent to a woven-in lead wire system (when attached or woven into the spider material, lead-wires can alter the spider's motion, leading to asymmetrical spider behavior).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
JL Audio's 10W6 has always had a great reputation and it's only improved over the years. I currently have a 10W3 in an HO Box with a Slash 250/1. Time to bring the level way up. Just have to be patient and wait for the Slash 1200/1 to go on sale. [ Levi Jayson Jul 16, 2016 ]
4 questions already asked
The enclosure contains two DVC 4 Ohm woofers which cannot be wired for a final 2 Ohm load. Each woofer's dual 4 Ohm coils are wired in series to present a final 8 Ohm load on the separate terminals of the enclosure. The separate terminals can then be wired in parallel to present a 4 Ohm final load. [ Ryan Mar 18, 2017 ] Staff
1 answer I have a JL Audio JX/1000d amp with 2 12" JL Audio 12w3v2 subs in a ported box. I have a BMW 335i xdrive sedan and factory radio. I have bass in my car but don't feel like the sound quality is there. If I get these dual 10's in place of my 12's would they give me better sounding bass with my factory radio? [ Shawn Jan 27, 2017 ]
Thanks for your question. For information on selecting the best sub(s) to go with your JL Audio JX1000/1D amp, I would recommend speaking an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to recommend the right sub(s) to suit your amplifier, listening preferences and budget. [ Larry Feb 09, 2017 ] Staff
Yes. [ milton May 18, 2016 ]
Yes you can. Each woofer is independent of each other meaning there's 2 sets of inputs on the back. [ Brian May 18, 2016 ]
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: The subwoofers are at each end of the enclosure but share the same chamber of air. You can hook up just one side of them and it will play but it might sound very distorted. If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy Jul 09, 2015 ] Staff