Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
JL Audio Stealthbox®
Custom-fit fiberglass enclosure with 10" W1v3 subwoofer
Fits 1999-up Ford SuperDuty trucks (with front 40/20/40 split bench seats)
Item # 13694009 | MFR # 94009
$599.99 Earn up to 600 Rewards points
Our take on the JL Audio Stealthbox® by Crutchfield's Dominic DeVito
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits 1999-up Ford SuperDuty trucks with front 40/20/40 split bench seats. It replaces the center seat cushion of the front seat and the factory upholstery covers it. This Stealthbox® includes one down-firing 4-ohm 10" W1v3 subwoofer from JL Audio. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as moderate or high. Crutchfield recommends using a car audio professional to install this enclosure, unless you have extensive experience installing car audio gear.
Note: This Stealthbox® enclosure will not fit in the F-150 or in models with bucket seats and a center console. And though it's a visual match, the Stealthbox® is not as comfortable to sit on as the factory seat cushion.
What's in the Box:
- Custom subwoofer box with loaded 10" woofer
- 3 Hex-head bolts (Length=1-1/2")
- 3 Aluminum spacers
- 3 Split lock washers
- 8" Strip of adhesive backed hook and loop fastener
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- 4-ohm 10" W1v3 subwoofer
- replaces center seat cushion of the front seat
- power handling: 50-300 watts RMS (600 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
JL Audio Stealthbox® Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please enter your vehicle information to confirm compatibility.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: A 10" JL Audio W1v3-2 subwoofer is loaded in this enclosure and features an injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone with an embossed metallic JL Audio logo and a rubber surround for added durability, woofer excursion and bass response.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method of improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W1v3 motors remain linear in motor force over a long range of excursion, and also maintain a stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar: The Vented Reinforcement
Collar (VRC) is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to
- Stress Relief: By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weakness. It does this by increasing the adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes.
- Air Flow: The VRC also features slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings. This reduces thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Elevated Frame Cooling System: The elevated frame design of the W1v3 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
6 questions already asked
My wife still rides center seat fine. It's not as comfortable, not as much foam padding as stock seat but it's still functional. She wouldn't want to take a road trip but regular day to day use around town or maybe an hour or so drive (She folds up a beach towel to sit on) she's ok with it. [ Jared Jul 14, 2016 ]
Thanks for your question. For information on selecting the best amp I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to help determine the differences between the amp models and help you make the best choice for your system. [ Krissy May 20, 2016 ] Staff
Yes, you have to pull it off the old cushion and put it on the new box [ Guy Feb 06, 2016 ]
SVC and yes 4ohm and sounds fantastic in my F350... [ KEN Mar 02, 2015 ]
You take the cushion cover from your existing seat and put on the Stealthbox so it will match your interior no problem. [ John Mar 30, 2015 ]
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: Sorry this is not available in any other color. If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy Feb 12, 2015 ] Staff
Many amplifiers features speaker level inputs that will allow you to tap off your current speakers to get the signal for the amp. The other option would be to us an adapter that convert from speaker level to the lower RCA level. For help in picking out an amp, I would recommend contacting an Advisor by phone or chat. They will be able to look at what will match your system, and make sure you have everything you need for the install. [ Jeff Dec 18, 2013 ] Staff