Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
JL Audio Stealthbox®
Custom-fit fiberglass enclosure with 10" W3v3 subwoofer
Fits 2002-up Dodge Ram Quad Cab models
Item # 13694049 | MFR # 94049
$649.99 Earn up to 650 Rewards points
Our take on the JL Audio Stealthbox® by Crutchfield's Dominic DeVito
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits 2002-up Dodge Ram Quad Cab trucks. It fits under the rear-bench seat on the passenger side. This Stealthbox® includes one 10" 2-ohm W3v3 subwoofer from JL Audio. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as low. You should be able to install this enclosure if you have any experience with car audio.
Note: You may need to cut into or remove part of the underseat carpet and/or carpet padding in some models. This Stealthbox® enclosure will not fit Mega Cab models.
Installed this in a 2015 Crew Cab Laramie to replace the Alpine stock sub. Paired it with an LC2i and a Rockford P300X1 amp. This sub sounds good with any type of music and hits really deep for just one 10. Installation was easy and it looks great. Huge upgrade over the factory Alpine junk.
Anonymous, Aberdeen, SD
What's in the Box:
- Custom subwoofer box with loaded 10" woofer
- 3"x3" Wax square
- Large flat fender washer
- Small flat washer
- Split lock washer
- Hex nut
- Socket cup screw (Length=2-1/4")
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- sealed fiberglass enclosure
- 10" 2-ohm W3v3 subwoofer
- fits under rear-bench seat on passenger side
- power handling: 100-500 watts RMS (1,000 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
JL Audio Stealthbox® Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please consult the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: One 10" JL Audio W3v3-2 subwoofer is loaded in this sealed enclosure. Features of the W3v3 include:
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W3v3 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC): The Vented Reinforcement Collar is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability. By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weaknesses. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes. the VRC also feature slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings to reduce thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Spider/Lead Wire Assembly: The W3v3 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. The spider is insert-molded into a composite carrier tray which also incorporates the terminal assembly and lead wire strain relief features for enhanced reliability and optimal alignment of parts. The flying lead wires are carefully controlled and strain-relieved without resorting to woven-in lead wires, which can degrade spider performance.
- Elevated Frame Cooling: The elevated frame design of the W3v3 delivers high-velocity air flow through slots directly above the top plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radiused feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
7 questions already asked
16 gauge is what I believe my installer used. however make sure your amp will work at 2 ohm load. I burned up 2 amps not realizing this sub requires a 2 ohm load to work properly [ ROBERT Oct 05, 2016 ]
I have 8 ohm wire going to mine and it sounds great!!! [ Dennis Oct 05, 2016 ]
Just remember you are sending a lot of power to your sub. Sending that power through a 16 gauge wire is not going to give you the tight strong bass you are looking for. I personally use a 10 gauge to make sure all the power that the sub requires is not lost in to small gauge wire. Test for yourself. You will hear the difference. Use a 16 gauge wire and then try a heavier gauge. You will see for yourself. [ EJ Oct 05, 2016 ]
It is a complete sub setup with a long excursion 10" JL sub. Pair it with a JL sub amp and it will pound. [ Glen Oct 05, 2016 ]
2 ohms. Just go to JL web site to confirm what im telling you. Crutchfield places your order to JL Audio to began making the custom box for you. JL will ship it to you from there Florida warehouse. [ Keith Apr 22, 2016 ]
The sub is the 10W3v3-2, the 2ohm. [ JOSEPH Apr 22, 2016 ]
2 ohms [ LUTHER Apr 22, 2016 ]
Thanks for your question. For information on selecting the best amp for your subs I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to help determine the differences between the amp models and help you make the best choice for your system. [ Krissy Dec 01, 2015 ] Staff
For details on fit or installation please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and give you the details on if this will fit and what you will need for an installation in your vehicle. [ Krissy Mar 03, 2015 ] Staff
It does fit under the passenger seat rather nicely and it does extend a few inches under the center seat. Just note to be careful when drilling the mounting hole. Make sure you drill straight down and in the exact spot to avoid hitting any of the cab reinforcement members. It's worth the money. Sounds great in my Ram. [ COREY Oct 27, 2014 ]
The box only fits under the passenger side and takes up half of under the seat in the center, therefore causing the need to remove the double bench under the seat. [ Joshua Oct 24, 2014 ]
Yes it does. And a small part goes over the middle but not a lot. It fits snug under the seat and has a lot of sound coming out of it. Better than I thought [ JONATHAN D Oct 24, 2014 ]
Its fits under passenger side back seat, in the little storage compartment. [ STEPHEN Oct 24, 2014 ]
It fits under the back passenger seat as it shows. It goes to about the cup holders, so it goes about half way. I still have plenty of room for some storage. And this product sounds amazing! You will not be disappointed! [ JEREL Oct 24, 2014 ]
For details on fit or installation please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and give you the details on if this will fit and what you will need for an installation in your vehicle. [ Krissy Jun 25, 2014 ] Staff
It does have to be removed. I had a dodge ram and had the jl stealthbox. Sounded great in fact still have the sub. Put it in storage in case I buy another dodge. [ EJ Oct 05, 2016 ]
It does not. The fold out metal floor must be removed. [ SHAWN Jan 05, 2014 ]
No, you have to remove the fold flat floor device. Well at least I did on my 2012 Ram. [ DANNY Jan 05, 2014 ]
No it doesn't. There is 2 bolts that hold that device down. You have to take that device out in order to get the Stealthbox in that spot. Well worth it though! [ JEREL Jan 05, 2014 ]